PDA

View Full Version : Rearranged Forum

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 08:58 AM
Hey everyone,

Probably don't need to tell you, but the homepage layout has changed. People were stating that it needs to be cleaned up, so I have attempted to do so..

I have removed all Non-Admin staff from the homepage to reduce the multiple colors appearing all over the place.

I have added a new site-related only second which includes News, Site Disc, Answer Hall. The idea is to have this cleaned up eventually and be the easy accessible place for new years: rules, staff, etc.

I have moved Forum Mafia about Sc2 Mafia, because it is the more active section. Because report section may be hard to find because of it moving down, I have added a link under the new section stated above that directs to the Sc2 Mafia reports subforum.

I have moved Meeting Hall to the bottom based on what I have seen from other sites I've been part of; seems to have worked, thought we could give it a shot to keep the important stuff at the top of the page. I have also moved FM Disc to this category to prevent everything from being bumped downwards even more.

The FM Suggestions subforum has been deleted, and all posts that could have gone here and either go to Answer Hall, PM, or FM Discussion.

Let me know if you have any concerns or ideas to make it flow better.
Personally, I'd like to delete a lot more subforums on this site to clean it up, but I don't want to just start deleting everything without input.
All changes already done can easily be changed back, so feel free to voice your opinion & ideas here for how the homepage should look.

Marshmallow Marshall
January 27th, 2019, 09:11 AM
I think that putting all of the old FMs and M-FMs in the "Archive" section would be a nice idea. It's really an archive.

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Nakes sense will do that later

Marshmallow Marshall
January 27th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Why is FM discussion out of the FM section o.O

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Why is FM discussion out of the FM section o.O

It's stated in OP. Just to prevent the Sc2 Mafia section from being bumped down another inch lol.
IDC where it is, I just thought it made sense with the rest of the Discussion sections.

Voss
January 27th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Everyone's going to have their favorites, and going to want them bumped up, but I think Crypt did a good first pass job.

Other suggestions I might have are:
- smash real life discussion and general discussion
- Bump up Narrator over Circle Jerk ;(

Voss
January 27th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Make your abuse/cheating reports for players of Mafia here. Read the rules first, or your report will be deleted! (Note: All threads in this forum are invisible; you can only see what you post.) / SVP signalez vos rapports de mafia frauduleux dans cette section. Suivre attentivement les instructions concernant les rapports ou votre soumission peut être supprimé. (NB Tous les sujets dans cette section sont invisibles pour des raisons de confidentialité. Vous ne pourrez voir que vos soumissions.)

also delete that from the home page. We already have the cancerous sparkling text when you click Mafia Player Reports.

Voss
January 27th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Also, remove R&D from the home page.

Maybe move white listing instructions out from its own box?

Voss
January 27th, 2019, 12:51 PM
All of these are just friendly suggestions btw.

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Those are all good ideas, I'll put those up in a bit.
I may remove Real Life / Serious completely, because the GD is supposed to already be like that.

DJarJar
January 27th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Having no news for like a year is kind of sad-looking... could merge that with site discussion? At the very least u can get rid of the polls link below news since there hasn’t been one for 2 years

DJarJar
January 27th, 2019, 01:13 PM
From the sc2 mafia section you can merge Wiki discussion with mafia discussion. And I Think just archive/delete operation permaban and bank review sections which are unused.

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Having no news for like a year is kind of sad-looking... could merge that with site discussion? At the very least u can get rid of the polls link below news since there hasn’t been one for 2 years

I think news section is needed even if inactive. Need to just post more news when things happen lol.
Yes polls can be ditched lol

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 01:24 PM
From the sc2 mafia section you can merge Wiki discussion with mafia discussion. And I Think just archive/delete operation permaban and bank review sections which are unused.

Kk thanks

Yayap
January 27th, 2019, 01:42 PM
The FM archives need to be fixed/cleaned - all the subforums should be in their respective FMs and not on the main page. This has been bugging me for years. <: )

Voss
January 27th, 2019, 01:56 PM
I can post in the news update saying we have a cleaned staff!!

Stealthbomber16
January 27th, 2019, 03:15 PM
I think you should move this to news 🤔

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 08:15 PM
The FM archives need to be fixed/cleaned - all the subforums should be in their respective FMs and not on the main page. This has been bugging me for years. <: )

What exactly you mean? The FM archive does need to be cleaned somehow; It's disgusting to look at the Forum Manager in ACP. I just can't think of any way to fix it up lol.

Yayap
January 27th, 2019, 08:21 PM
I think there is a way to hide all the subforum links like: Bastion of Sin, Chapel of Eternity, Roman Palace etc from FM 6 from the main page in the archives. I can't remember exactly where it is without looking at the admin cp though.

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2019, 08:29 PM
I think there is a way to hide all the subforum links like: Bastion of Sin, Chapel of Eternity, Roman Palace etc from FM 6 from the main page in the archives. I can't remember exactly where it is without looking at the admin cp though.

Yea, I thought so too. Should be able to select how many levels down the subforums shows. :S I'll keep looking

Yea, so I did find it but it's site wide. Sorry. BUT I think I managed to make it a little nicer?

Yayap
January 27th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Yea, I thought so too. Should be able to select how many levels down the subforums shows. :S I'll keep looking

Yea, so I did find it but it's site wide. Sorry. BUT I think I managed to make it a little nicer?

That is much better.

Stealthbomber16
January 27th, 2019, 11:06 PM
I think you should move this to news 🤔

I was actually semi-joking but I got rep so it was worth it.

naz
January 28th, 2019, 07:12 AM
why

Brendan
January 28th, 2019, 08:25 AM
hey that looks niiiice