PDA

View Full Version : A masked man enters the room...

A_Masked_Man
June 4th, 2011, 03:13 PM
A masked man enters the room and sits down next to you without saying a word. After some time of awkward silence, he speaks up.

"This place is full of deceit. Lies and deception thrive as people turn on each other. This place then fulfills its purpose. Sadly, the most dangerous person here is not the master liar, but the ignorant fool."

The masked man shifts his position and turns to face you.

"I'm here to help offer a solution, and I'd you to be one of the first to help start off something that will help such foolish people into learning to have more educated choices when deciding to put someone on trial."

The man reaches into his pocket and brings out three pieces of paper.

"This is my Deception Awareness Program. Perhaps in time, those new to these parts may be able to be a bit more educated on their choices. On top of that, surely it would help even seasoned veterans such as yourself when it comes to staying organized and keeping track of those you suspect."

The man leans forward and hands you one of the pages...

You have received A Faded Page (http://tinyurl.com/3jytz35)

This is a teaser of things to come. One major note. This does not help you cheat or give you an unfair edge. This will simply be a way to keep your game session organized. There will also be a special treat for DR.

Clawtrocity
June 4th, 2011, 03:27 PM
/commence jizzeration

Styx
June 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Very excited to see how this turns out. It looks really good!!

wightsnow
June 4th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Was very tempted to respond with elaborate scooby doo script.

Dark.Revenant
June 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
You know that you could use this to cheat with a single line change in the code, right? (Don't release the source or give out the secret... shhh...)

(If you don't know what I'm talking about then maybe it's good that you don't.)

A_Masked_Man
June 4th, 2011, 04:53 PM
You know that you could use this to cheat with a single line change in the code, right? (Don't release the source or give out the secret... shhh...)

(If you don't know what I'm talking about then maybe it's good that you don't.)

No worries. I'm very anti-cheat and realized this so it's coded it where it reads nothing from the game. If someone dies, you manually put them into graveyard, or if the host decided 1 basic town, you drag basic town over to the possibility list. This prevents any source code leaks from destroying the game. :)

In essence, it's an advanced scratchpad to keep notes of the game, and tells you, according to game setup, what are the possibilities left active in the game.

TheJackofSpades
June 4th, 2011, 08:41 PM
After taking a glance at the page the man had so eloquently serenaded me about, I shift my gaze back to the man.

I lick my lips carefully before bolting up off my chair, crushing the page beneath the force of my palm smashing onto the surface of the table we sat at.

I shout out at the top of my lungs to the other inhabitants of the dingy, but cozy saloon, pointing an accusing finger at the man who has approached me.
"I am the investigator, and I says this here man has many costumes and is the Disguiser! Lynch 'em!"

tearshed
June 4th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Er, what's the point of this? It's rather easy to deduce the possible roles in a game with just a quick glance at tutorial/help.

wightsnow
June 5th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Er, what's the point of this? It's rather easy to deduce the possible roles in a game with just a quick glance at tutorial/help.

sometimes time doesn't allow for that quick look

oops_ur_dead
June 5th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I'm sure this is a useful program and all, but I can't tell what it is. All I see is Comic Sans.

Lysergic
June 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM

So for those times, it's way better to alt-tab out of SC2, manually input a few people into the graveyard, and then have my scratchpad tell me who to accuse.

This looks cool, but I can't see myself using it. My SC2 already likes to freeze when I alt-tab, and I hate playing windowed. Still, hope it turns out well. x3

wightsnow
June 9th, 2011, 12:31 AM

alt-tab out of SC2 or
windowed

if it's useful enough, i would play windowed on mafia

Styx
June 9th, 2011, 01:14 AM
I always play windowed mode on Mafia anyway, its a completely text based game and I tend to talk to friends on IM, Facebook or do uni work in breaks in the gameplay or when I'm dead.

Heck I'd attach my spare monitor to my laptop when I'm playing mafia just for this.

Keep up the good work good sir

Clawtrocity
June 10th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Windowed Full screen...It has the awesomeness of full screen and the quick alt tab of windowed mode!

Logante
June 10th, 2011, 08:07 PM
All right, well seeing a positive response, I'll unmask myself. The program is nearing completion. With any luck, perhaps a release will be ready by next weekend (I'm super busy with work so I only have time to do this on the weekends).

wightsnow
June 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
All right, well seeing a positive response, I'll unmask myself.

He revealed, lynch him. : P

Logante
June 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I just wanted to say the beta version has now been completed. If all goes well, the program should be released over the weekend. Keep in mind that this is a beta release, so please keep in mind that there might be bugs, and I'd appreciate if you would report them. You know how operating systems act weird "missing necessary .DLLs" with program releases, so I'll knock out any walls we might come across.

Thanks!

DR, I have added a hidden feature for you. This is for your benefit to help organize and test new possible roles and alignments.

Logante
June 18th, 2011, 02:31 PM
The program has been released!

http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,793.0.html