PDA

View Full Version : Changelog 1/21/2019 [Personal Message]

Voss
January 20th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Hey everyone,

About 6 months ago, I had a big life event where I moved across the country to work at a new job. At this new job, I learned so so so many new things about the proper way of developing. As a result, I took some time to redo some of the way I've been doing things in the Narrator, including but not limited to:

Setup auto deployment when updates occur
Updated some operating system specs
Redid process organization
Redid the database (Without losing any data!!!!)

I probably broke quite a number of things related to lobby setup, but they should now be much easier to find and correct. As such, I'm going to being setting up games to search and destroy these new bugs, quite, quite often.

Meanwhile, I've also been contacted by another group to use the Narrator as a service to run their mafia tournaments on. It's a cool potential side gig, so I'll be working on that in tandem to my upcoming work here.

In addition to making more Narrator improvements, I'll also be looking to integrate the Narrator on these forums, as a service that runs automated games. My changes over the past 4 months have put the Narrator in a good place to add any sort of integration easily.

So yeah, lots to do. I'll gladly appreciate help whether it be in the form of bodies for testing, technical support, or emotional comfort.

-Voss