PDA

View Full Version : {Ban List} Sting Operation IV

frieddimsims
January 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Account Name: Archangel
Account ID: 1-S2-1-258177
Crimes Committed: Abuse

In-Game Name: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Summary: At the beginning of the game, he revealed himself as a donor. He then set this in-game name as per above. This meant we could not see what he said and what his role was when he died. He joined the game along with Cygx (Patron) and FYRE (Donor). They consistently join games together and create names like the above.

Account Name: Cygx
Account ID: 1-S2-1-3072954

Crimes Committed: ID: Abuse

In-Game Name: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Summary: At the beginning of the game, he revealed himself as a patron. He then set this in-game name as per above. This meant we could not see what he said and what his role was when he died. He joined the game along with Archangel (Donor) and FYRE (Donor). They consistently join games together and create names like the above.

Account Name: FYRE
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2640487

Crimes Committed: ID: Abuse

In-Game Name: QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Summary: At the beginning of the game, he revealed himself as a patron. He then set this in-game name as per above. This meant we could not see what he said and what his role was when he died. He joined the game along with Archangel (Donor) and Cygx (Patron). They consistently join games together and create names like the above.

Replay: 863864865

Capitalier
January 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'm putting this on hold, since this is more of an issue for Rev (and it lies a thin line between trolling and abuse), and I'm not sure what exactly he wants to do with FYRE continuing to use a leaked donor code to troll.

(However, I'm filing a different report for other crimes.)

Tasogare_Akira
January 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM
evaluating second replay

Capitalier
January 10th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Account ID: 1-s2-1-3072954

Account Name: Plasma
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2143086

Account ID: 1-S2-1-2585177

Account Name: Raptorblaze
Account ID: 1-S2-1-1225640

Crimes Committed: Game-Throwing, Cheating, Abuse

In-Game Names: @@@...(ecetra [red]), ???...(ecetra), @@@...(ect brown), Archangel
Summary:

They continued their day of long-name spam, and revealed something far more sinister. The four of them (??? as my GF) instantly voted me up 4 minutes into the game, and then they proceeded to troll and grief by avoiding killing each-other throughout the days (gf and sk). Meanwhile, the Sheriff gave fake reports. Then, they blatantly revealed that they were in a party and using out of game communication, with a mass suicide (with directed kills) to result in an artificial Jester win.

Tasogare_Akira
January 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
My verdict is a swift one. Nothing be done to archangel; he cannot be proven cheating, as he was outted really early as jester. Cygx as repeat offender get kickvote list, while Plasma and Raptorblaze get put on hold.
At the end of the game they kill off last player, and mass suicide to give Arch jester win.
Providing screenshots.

Ambient
January 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Guilty on all counts.

Archangel did abuse the donor code. He should be punished, but I will let DR decide. I agree with the rest of the reccomendations.

Romm
January 11th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2585177
Crimes Committed: Gamethrowing/Griefing/Donor Code Abuse

Account ID: 1-S2-1-3072954
Crimes Committed: Gamethrowing/Griefing/Patron Code Abuse

Account Name: Plasma
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2143086

Account Name: Fyre
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2640487

In-Game Name: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Summary:These 4 joined the lobby together, activated immensely long donor names to the extent we could not even see the role that was given to them(at one point on dies, no role visible in death description, nor in graveyard, proceeded to spam chat with what appears to be a multi-line long line copy/paste job(note 5-10 lines of "stop spamming" at the start of each night, voted off the 2 people who weren't in their party but didn't suicide, then collectively suicide before victory was declared.

Ambient
January 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
They continue to abuse the donor/patron codes. They either need to have the name changing ability removed, or revoke their donor status. Since FYRE is using a leaked Donor code AND abusing with it.. he should have same result as Admiral.. Get kicked every time he types it in.

Ambient
January 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM
These screens summarize game. They claim don't kick donors/patrons and only faggots do or the like.

I will reiterate.. They ALL need to be Banned/KV list X4 or higher. They ALL need their Donor Codes Removed/disabled. FYRE needs to be auto-kicked when he enters a code as he is not a donor. Considering that two games have been reported it is safe to assume at least 10x that amount have occurred.

Also from this screen you have proof of Archangel's point modification.

Ambient
January 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Third game... Just archangel this time.

I kicked him.. He obviously is not hiding his intent.

Archangel: Lol
Jailor exed me when i was invest!
and i had a graveyard breaking name!
he's an obvious troll!
oh wait i'm alive
Wow ambient kicked me for no reason!
This is mod abuse!
You: feel free to report it
[1:20:02 PM] Ambient: Archangel: Nah
Why you remove me, seriously?
That's not cool
I mean
You basically fucked the graveyard
Why would you do that?

Dark.Revenant
January 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Cygx: Kick-Vote List, Name Powers Removed

Plasma: 2x Kick-Vote List, Name Powers Removed

Archangel: 2x Ban List, Name Powers Removed

Raptorblaze: Watch List

Fyre: 4x Ban List, Donor Abilities Removed

BTW, next offense on Fyre or Archangel (or Admiral, Necroplant, etc.) will result in permaban.

Admiral
January 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Some say that he's a CIA experiment that went wrong and that he only eats cheese. All we know is... he's not the Stig, but he IS the Stigs American cousin!

Raptorblaze
January 11th, 2012, 07:43 PM

BTW, next offense on Fyre or Archangel (or Admiral, Necroplant, etc.) will result in permaban.
Well 3 comments:
1st, I gave exactly 1 false report, (accused what ended up being archangel of being GF, and even then all I said was he came up as a citizen) I never cheated to help anyone, I did not accuse because I never found anyone during the night
2nd I did not abuse my donor powers, I used a colored version of archangel's name
3rd The only things I'm actually guilty of here is suiciding with the rest of them(even that is up for debate, at that point there was no way for me to win anyway) and accusing Archangel , therefore I find the kickvote and namepower removal rather harsh considering I have no prior record of any offenses. I was even honestly playing the game as sheriff with those two exceptions, not very well mind you, but still honestly. :/

Dark.Revenant
January 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Guilt by association, unable to update the map for a bit, etc etc but I'll give you back your name powers and set you to watchlist when I can.

Raptorblaze
January 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Guilt by association, unable to update the map for a bit, etc etc but I'll give you back your name powers and set you to watchlist when I can.
Thank you DR, I appreciate it.

Admiral
January 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I'd like to point out that I have been behaving for roughly two weeks.

Archangel69
January 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM
What did I do to deserve ban list? I've been playing legit games and Akira said using those donor names wasn't against the rules, you can ask him for confirmation on this, I wasn't cheating either.. please unban me.

FYRE
January 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Why does it say that i'm a thief on my banlist description? I take offense to false accusations.

FYRE
January 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Also does 4x mean four weeks? four days? four games?

Raptorblaze
January 11th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Also does 4x mean four weeks? four days? four games?
4x normal, which is 1 week iirc.

Admiral
January 11th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Okay, this is an injustice.

FYRE gets to have Griefer, Gamethrower, Abuser AND Thief? Why don't I get to have Thief!? I'm pretty sure I was eligible for that title first.

Necrolord
January 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I hope Arch figures out how to get unbanned...although I have trouble figuring him out, whether he still griefs or not.

Archangel69
January 11th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I'm a legit player, don't cheat, akira said using those names wasn't against the rules, I want mafia to have a nice community, not ruin it.

Ambient
January 11th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I'm a legit player, don't cheat, akira said using those names wasn't against the rules, I want mafia to have a nice community, not ruin it.

Explain to the community how spamming chat box with @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ to the point it is unreadable is good for the community and its games?

Archangel69
January 11th, 2012, 11:38 PM
There's a feature to stop spamming, also if you use that name you can't talk but people can't see your role, it's like you trade out talking for no1 being able to see your role.. seems fair.

Plasma
January 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM
My verdict is a swift one. Nothing be done to archangel; he cannot be proven cheating, as he was outted really early as jester. Cygx as repeat offender get kickvote list, while Plasma and Raptorblaze get put on hold.
At the end of the game they kill off last player, and mass suicide to give Arch jester win.
Providing screenshots.

Wow this is a woeful day for the name of justice. This has been an outrage and a travesty to say the least.

First and foremost, I have not cheated in any way, shape or form. Did I troll the game? Yes. Did I cheat? Absolutely not.
Reading from the rules posted by DR himself, trolling is not even a punishable offence.
I bring you hitherto the following passage:

"Crime": Trolling
Trolling is acting like an idiot for the pursuit of hilarity, or otherwise screwing with people in a manner that does not ruin the game.
Usual Punishment: Nothing
Yep, that's right, nothing will happen to regular trolls.

My "crime" was using a long name which i felt was amusing and fun to watch while trying to break the monotony of mafia as it has been stuck with the same mechanics and roles for months(I understand this is due to the script limitation and not DR's fault in anyway)

I did not gamethrow at all as accused, but was merely giving up hope to win as you can see from the replay and the mass exodus of players from that game. I just wanted game to end sooner since I had no chance of winning.

Secondly, I agree with Akira's suggestion as quoted above to be placed on hold as I was never cheating. My points are all legit and have been playing mafia on and off since its first days of inception. I did not have extra-game communication and most certainly did not hack any bank files. I am guilty of trolling, but most assuredly not of cheating.

Thirdly, it is such a blatant course of injustice being served to me that I am given DOUBLE the punishment of cygx and I am a FIRST time "offender"?? I donated not because I wanted the color names. (infact back when I donated there werent even that many perks like the fire execution.) I donated because this was a fun map and wanted to show my appreciation to the maker.

I am utterly disgusted at the turn of events that have transpired and it is a travesty that I have my donor naming powers stripped for trolling.

I am not one to shirk responsibilty and would gladly accept a more fitting punishment of being on a watch list.

I welcome all comments and dutifully refute ALL claims that I have cheated .

Tasogare_Akira
January 12th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Go fuck yourself with a pleasing burst of water Arch.

Ambient
January 12th, 2012, 12:12 AM
The only alternative to what you suggested would be that in party chat before game you all agreed to use the names of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

and would all mass suicide at the end of the game. We know this because it occurred twice, and do not argue that Jester won excuses the action. This is still equivalent to game throwing and communicating outside of game.. because you still had the intention of mass suicide, griefing (trolling to far, don't play coy and act as if you knew there was nothing wrong), Game throwing - not playing your win conditions AT ALL, and finally abusing your donor codes.

Ambient
January 12th, 2012, 12:16 AM
This is also not Plasma's first offense's

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/1653-SoNicBooM-amp-Plasma-aburdly-long-names?highlight=plasma
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/3242-Cookieeater-Plasma-Game-throwing-abuse-trolling?highlight=2143086

Cheers.

Archangel69
January 12th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I wasn't cheating, wasn't abusing my donor code, or gamethrowing. I'm sick of trolls making it look like I'm the bad guy!

Plasma
January 12th, 2012, 12:31 AM
This is also not Plasma's first offense's

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/1653-SoNicBooM-amp-Plasma-aburdly-long-names?highlight=plasma
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/3242-Cookieeater-Plasma-Game-throwing-abuse-trolling?highlight=2143086

Cheers.

Thank you for bringing up that point Ambient.

If they want an absurdly long name that gets them killed instantly and unable to contribute to the conversation, then they're certainly entitled to be stupid, annoying, and quickly dead.

As stated by DR, I am entitled to do so and is certainly not cheating.

As for the second link you so graciously provided, I am not guilty of anything nor was I punished for it simply because I did not do anything wrong or on purpose. I merely repicked and did not want to be the host.

Thank you once again Ambient for further proving my point.
I do find that you have an over-eagerness to prove yourself as a new(to me) moderator? Grasping at straws are we now?

Dark.Revenant
January 12th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Yeah, well that policy of mine has changed now that Blizzard made changes to the textbox code: i.e. made the graveyard unreadable with those long names. It fucks up everyone else and that's griefing: thus abuse of donor abilities.

I'd be more inclined to reduce your penalty if you stopped focusing on a lost cause.

Archangel69
January 12th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I need to be unbanned, I didn't do anything wrong rev.

Plasma
January 12th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah, well that policy of mine has changed now that Blizzard made changes to the textbox code: i.e. made the graveyard unreadable with those long names. It fucks up everyone else and that's griefing: thus abuse of donor abilities.

I'd be more inclined to reduce your penalty if you stopped focusing on a lost cause.

What lost cause are you talking about?
I got double punishment for the same "crime" and I never cheated.
I will only admit to trolling

jowyblight99
January 12th, 2012, 12:50 AM

If donor names have anything to do with it then I completely agree they should be taken away... At least from Archangel cause the 1 game I had with him he was using a name that made people think he was a mod.

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2012, 01:05 AM
If donor names have anything to do with it then I completely agree they should be taken away... At least from Archangel cause the 1 game I had with him he was using a name that made people think he was a mod.
Donor codes remove several limits on the names you can use, namely special characters and length. This is meant to allow for colored names, but can be abused to produce names of ridiculous size.

Ambient
January 12th, 2012, 01:36 AM

I think this answers everything.

cygx
January 12th, 2012, 02:28 AM
This really isn't too much incentive to donate more! DR, I figured you'd just chill and let the whiners whine it up. I mean come on, I've put a bit more into this game than the average donor.

BTW all trolling aside, this whole thing was my idea. And I thought it was pretty fuckin funny.

philie
January 12th, 2012, 03:34 AM
_Undoubtedly guilty.
I also cant believe you pardoned raptor. Those bitches will lie and deny everything like archangel here. Doesn't make them less guilty.
He confirmed to your face that he griefed with his investigation result, and then suicided with the rest of the trolls.
Just because he is appealing in an innocent tone, you let him off the hook? Meh. Punish all trolls.

They are only doing it because ambients attention makes them moist.

Sookie
January 12th, 2012, 04:14 AM
i respect Plasma alot having played so many games with him. i found it unlikely he would be cheating. i'm sad panda

FYRE
January 12th, 2012, 04:16 AM
I really still want to know why i'm called a thief in my banlist description.

Sookie
January 12th, 2012, 04:25 AM

I'd be more inclined to reduce your penalty if you stopped focusing on a lost cause.curse you blizzard!

i used to use youtube url's as my name from time to time to see if people would actually go to them. mostly to funny pony videos :D

no more tho, if it messes up the GY for everyone :(

cygx
January 12th, 2012, 06:43 AM
_Undoubtedly guilty.
I also cant believe you pardoned raptor. Those bitches will lie and deny everything like archangel here. Doesn't make them less guilty.
He confirmed to your face that he griefed with his investigation result, and then suicided with the rest of the trolls.
Just because he is appealing in an innocent tone, you let him off the hook? Meh. Punish all trolls.

BTW all trolling aside, this whole thing was my idea. And I thought it was pretty fuckin funny.

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound like me denying anything at all. I'm saying fuck it, permaban me and spare them. I don't get butthurt, I just like to have fun.

Especially Raptorblaze. He had no history of being a troll until I brought him into the mix that night. That one was all me.

It's fucking crazy how serious you guys get about this shit.

Sookie
January 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM
It's fucking crazy how serious you guys get about this shit.Mafia is serious business

its all fun and games until your fun comes at the expense of others good time. some people just want to play a normal solid game of mafia. just because its your 500th game doesn't mean it isn't someone else's 5th game.

so i can see where the seriousness comes in

hobokiller
January 12th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Mafia is serious business

its all fun and games until your fun comes at the expense of others good time. some people just want to play a normal solid game of mafia. just because its your 500th game doesn't mean it isn't someone else's 5th game.

so i can see where the seriousness comes in .

Mafia is only a custom sc2 map. if people grief or gamethrow. who gives a shit, its not like anyone was hurt . Dark.Revenant and his ass monkey, Ambient, have no right to ban people.

Sookie
January 12th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mafia is only a custom sc2 map. if people grief or gamethrow. who gives a shit, its not like anyone was hurt . Dark.Revenant and his ass monkey, Ambient, have no right to ban people.thats not a very good argument.

if i where to walk up to someone favorite old classic car and smash in all the windows and key the hell out of it it would be all good right? its just a car, not like anyone was hurt.

hobokiller
January 12th, 2012, 07:01 AM
thats not a very good argument.

if i where to walk up to someone favorite old classic car and smash in all the windows and key the hell out of it it would be all good right? its just a car, not like anyone was hurt.

a car is differnnt to a custom map game. its not a crime to gamethrow or grief in a custom map game. but vandalism of a car is

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM
_Undoubtedly guilty.

philie, I appealed on the basis that I didn't actually participate in all of the crimes committed that game. I accept the punishment for what I actually did do, but being my first offense what I have now is appropriate, especially given my track record of not being a chronic troll (Elixir said there were no previous reports on me at all.) Unless you think removing my name powers is an appropriate punishment for not having abused them.

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Raptorblaze's Speech Level: 99.9999999.
Archangel's Speech Level: 35.
I get +40 speech from having a valid reason and no history of trolling, and another +10 from actually being sorry about it.

Ambient
January 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
i respect Plasma alot having played so many games with him. i found it unlikely he would be cheating. i'm sad panda

You are certainly welcome to your opinion. However, you obviously did not view the evidence. If you watched the replays and viewed his behavior, respect would not be the first description you would list.

>.>

Zippy
January 12th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Mafia is only a custom sc2 map. if people grief or gamethrow. who gives a shit, its not like anyone was hurt . Dark.Revenant and his ass monkey, Ambient, have no right to ban people.

If it's just a custom sc2 map, and not worth caring about, then why do you care if you are banned or not? After all, it's just a custom sc2 map, banning doesn't really hurt anyone, who gives a shit, right?

Archangel69
January 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I deserve to be unbanned and have my name powers given back to me, I didn't cheat in those replays, I played the game as my role, I didn't realize using those names was against the rules.
As far as I know of, we weren't cheating, it's possible some of us cheated, but I was NOT cheating. I typed -suicide on the same night by mere coincidence. I know this story seems unlikely but it is the truth. Please, unban me. :(

cygx
January 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM
all you guys have to do is say "Cygx put us up to it!"

Dimwit
January 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
a car is differnnt to a custom map game. its not a crime to gamethrow or grief in a custom map game. but vandalism of a car is

L2Context.

Within the context and confines of a regulated custom SC2 Map, it is a crime. It may be a figurative expression, but it holds true.

To continue the expression:
Blizzard is the Federal Government
Mafia is a state within this government.
Dark.Rev is the self appointed leader of this state, rightfully so as he is the founder.

Dark.Rev is free to regulate his state (the custom SC2 map in question) as he sees fit as long as it is not in conflict with the Fed's (Blizzard) rules and regulations. They are not.

So you are in fact incorrect. Within the figurative context, it is very much a crime.

NorthStar
January 12th, 2012, 02:20 PM
This shouldn't even be up for discussion, there isn't a need for a Sting Operation IV if they played the way they claim to.

Ubernox
January 12th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I'm just looking forward to Sting Operation V: Vendetta.

Raptorblaze
January 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I'm just looking forward to Sting Operation V: Vendetta.
As long as I don't have to be a part of it, me too.

FrostByte
January 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I deserve to be unbanned and have my name powers given back to me, I didn't cheat in those replays, I played the game as my role, I didn't realize using those names was against the rules.
As far as I know of, we weren't cheating, it's possible some of us cheated, but I was NOT cheating. I typed -suicide on the same night by mere coincidence. I know this story seems unlikely but it is the truth. Please, unban me. :(

Bull.
The last game I played with you, you proceeded to be a complete ass and have fun at the expense of everyone else in the game. From what I can see on the forums, you've been doing it for a long time. Every time you get BL you whine and cry and ::sadface:: like a little girl until rev feels bad for you.
What you fail to realize is that Rev made (and continues to work on) this mod for people to play and have fun. What you do is have your own fun but take fun away from everyone else. You constantly lie on the forums like you feel badly about everything and you'll never ever do it ever again. The fact of the matter is that you WILL do it again, as soon as you get bored of mafia again.
My money is on you getting a permaban within the next month, and very many people will be pleased with the result.

Ash
January 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Bull.
The last game I played with you, you proceeded to be a complete ass and have fun at the expense of everyone else in the game. From what I can see on the forums, you've been doing it for a long time. Every time you get BL you whine and cry and ::sadface:: like a little girl until rev feels bad for you.
What you fail to realize is that Rev made (and continues to work on) this mod for people to play and have fun. What you do is have your own fun but take fun away from everyone else. You constantly lie on the forums like you feel badly about everything and you'll never ever do it ever again. The fact of the matter is that you WILL do it again, as soon as you get bored of mafia again.
My money is on you getting a permaban within the next month, and very many people will be pleased with the result.
We're all born liars, but I've played with Arch before and never seen him troll. By the looks of this, he didn't troll very hard and doesn't deserve an unjust punishment.
Also who deleted my previous post?

NorthStar
January 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Ash is a troll, he's like Admiral except too chickenshit to do anything rash less be banned from Mafia.

cygx
January 12th, 2012, 04:29 PM
lol now ASH is a troll?

Luna
January 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM

It's not a crime in Blizzard's eyes. Blizzard are not sanctioning you. The creator of the map is.

Though I have gotten people banned by Blizzard on the EU side for offensive remarks, racism, and personal abuse which strayed into genuine threats.

Echonian
January 12th, 2012, 04:37 PM
It's fucking crazy how serious you guys get about this shit.

That, and the responses to if afterwards, just made my morning a little brighter. The delicious irony of complaining about people that ruin the fun for everyone else in mafia getting in trouble for it, and then saying that its crazy how serious the moderator community here gets over trying to improve the experience for as many people as possible in mafia (mostly). The fact of how serious you seem to be taking the punishments of a custom map in mafia over legitimate offenses against known rules is just icing on the cake.

Edit: Also, whether something is a crime is entirely irrelevant to whether you could get banned anywhere for breaking their rules, whether lawful rules or not. Forum bans, mafia bans, any punishment that is completely in the hands of whoever owns and/or runs something that doesn't in itself break any laws at all is nothing to complain about.

Also, the entire "didn't break the law so should get amnesty" argument is something I've seen pop up quite often lately. Its a shit argument when dealing with things that aren't under the jurisdiction of the legal system in any place I can think of.

Edit 2: Good job on the punishments, by the way. I wish there were more trolls that "reformed", because they tend to be a lot of fun to game with and in general. But after repeat known offenses with warnings it turns from regret into necessity (and that's just for me, others would have no remorse, though hesitation is not included).

Ash
January 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Ash is a troll, he's like Admiral except too chickenshit to do anything rash less be banned from Mafia.
I've griefed, gamethrow, whatever you want to say, but rarely, like once.
Reason I don't do this shit is because not because I'm too chickenshit but rather that I don't see it as fun.
Games always loses my interest when I get bored. You can't say I'm a troll because I rarely troll when I'm on my serious mood.
You only see me troll on Mafia channel.

I'm being honest about Arch, I don't see him troll anymore.

P.S: This isn't about me this is about the rule-breakers on the list. Also Cygx, your a troll too.

hobokiller
January 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
If it's just a custom sc2 map, and not worth caring about, then why do you care if you are banned or not? After all, it's just a custom sc2 map, banning doesn't really hurt anyone, who gives a shit, right?
your an idiot.

hobokiller
January 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM
L2Context.

Within the context and confines of a regulated custom SC2 Map, it is a crime. It may be a figurative expression, but it holds true.

To continue the expression:
Blizzard is the Federal Government
Mafia is a state within this government.
Dark.Rev is the self appointed leader of this state, rightfully so as he is the founder.

Dark.Rev is free to regulate his state (the custom SC2 map in question) as he sees fit as long as it is not in conflict with the Fed's (Blizzard) rules and regulations. They are not.

So you are in fact incorrect. Within the figurative context, it is very much a crime.

i dont care for politics.

Dark.Revenant and his Ass monkey , Ambient. have no right to stop people playing mafia. they dont own the map. blizzard does.

Kevinpowers
January 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM

Mafia is more then just a regular custom game. Its a service we provide to you. Many hours have been put into it to make it one of top SC2 Custom Maps available. Rev, Ambient, and the rest of the Mafia team have the right to ban anyone who ruins this service for anyone. It's due to gifting and cheating that makes Mafia not enjoyable for players and they don't return to play Mafia for that reason. This is a very easy concept to understand. Those that ruin the game experience/service for others will be dealt with and face punishment, as obviously displayed in this thread.

hobokiller
January 12th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mafia is more then just a regular custom game. Its a service we provide to you. Many hours have been put into it to make it one of top SC2 Custom Maps available. Rev, Ambient, and the rest of the Mafia team have the right to ban anyone who ruins this service for anyone. It's due to gifting and cheating that makes Mafia not enjoyable for players and they don't return to play Mafia for that reason. This is a very easy concept to understand. Those that ruin the game experience/service for others will be dealt with and face punishment, as obviously displayed in this thread.

quite franky im 100% sure that 99% of people who get their game ruined by people who gamethrow and grief dont give a shit they probaly think the shenanigans that gamethrows , griefers , etc do are quite hilarious . its only thaat 1% that give a shit and report it to dark.revenant. annd his ass monkey, ambient.
you do relize that people are on the kv are kicked from mafia 99% of the time, right?

Archangel69
January 12th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Lol hobo got banned.

Elixir
January 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
We appreciate feedback, but only if it is delivered in an objective, thoughtful way rather than multiple blast posts of bs.

Hopefully hobo reconsiders his conduct.

Gavril
January 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
lol blizzard doesn't own own Mafia
DR don't give a shit
This is a dictatorship and he's hitler

Sookie
January 12th, 2012, 07:04 PM
You are certainly welcome to your opinion. However, you obviously did not view the evidence. If you watched the replays and viewed his behavior, respect would not be the first description you would list.

>.>i meant that in past tense, as in i found it unlikely he would be cheating from all the games i played with him, and after i watched the video i was sad panda because of the evidence :(

Ania
January 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM
whoops

FYRE
January 13th, 2012, 01:25 AM
WHY DOES IT SAY IM A THIEF TELL ME FFS

Deathfire123
January 13th, 2012, 02:13 AM
WHY DOES IT SAY IM A THIEF TELL ME FFS

You are using something that you didn't pay for. Theft.

Luna
January 13th, 2012, 04:12 AM
quite franky im 100% sure that 99% of people who get their game ruined by people who gamethrow and grief dont give a shit they probaly think the shenanigans that gamethrows , griefers , etc do are quite hilarious . its only thaat 1% that give a shit and report it to dark.revenant. annd his ass monkey, ambient.
you do relize that people are on the kv are kicked from mafia 99% of the time, right?

That's a hilarious post. If 99% of people didn't give a shit, then why are you kicked from 99% of games? Surely that 1% which find you irritating can't be doing all that kicking, right?

Sappy
January 13th, 2012, 04:16 AM
I was in a game with Fyre, Cygx, Archangel and Plasma. All FOUR of them made their name "@@@@@@@@@@@..." so we couldn't see our graveyard. That game was whack.

Plasma
January 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM
It still stands that I have double punishment for the same "crime" of cheating. Care to explain that anyone?
Akira was telling me his view was that Cygx was a patron while I was a donor.
I guess its safe to assume this system of punishment isnt at all fair or justified?

And hey Ambient lay off Snookie. Like I said I was trolling for fun. Dont need to get all butt-hurt and tell off people that enjoy playing with me.
For the record when I do not troll, I do play a rather decent game of mafia, and believe it or not (*gasP*) people do enjoy playing with me :) No need to get all fiesty about it.

Archangel69
January 13th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I was also wondering this, why did patrons recieve the lowest punishments? I thought donating didn't affect your punishment? Apparently that's a lie.. but whatever, that's fine.

Lysergic
January 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I was also wondering this, why did patrons recieve the lowest punishments? I thought donating didn't affect your punishment? Apparently that's a lie.. but whatever, that's fine.

I'm just take the punishment and lay low for a while, dude. The whole one-more-screwup-means-permaban seems like it ought to be good motivation.

Also, whoever called Ash a troll is a retard. I've never seen Ash troll in-game (in channel doesn't count).

EDIT:

Oh; it was NorthStar. C'mon man.

FYRE
January 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM
You are using something that you didn't pay for. Theft.DR told me himself that it wasn't against the rules using that code. I was not banned for that so tell what else did I 'steal'?

Raptorblaze
January 14th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I was called an ultra troll for this.... Admittedly just by themonk lol

Dark.Revenant
January 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
You weren't banned for using it, you were banned for abusing it. I put the "thief" part in there for the lulz.

Admiral
January 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
You weren't banned for using it, you were banned for abusing it. I put the "thief" part in there for the lulz.

I know I'm still banned for like 6 more weeks and all but how do I get that too? I'm just a lowly abuser.

Plasma
January 15th, 2012, 12:57 AM
It still stands that I have double punishment for the same "crime" of cheating. Care to explain that anyone?
Akira was telling me his view was that Cygx was a patron while I was a donor.
I guess its safe to assume this system of punishment isnt at all fair or justified?

And hey Ambient lay off Snookie. Like I said I was trolling for fun. Dont need to get all butt-hurt and tell off people that enjoy playing with me.
For the record when I do not troll, I do play a rather decent game of mafia, and believe it or not (*gasP*) people do enjoy playing with me :) No need to get all fiesty about it.

So no reply for my first question huh? Safe to conclude that donations affect sentence of punishments?
Nice system there :)

Raptorblaze
January 15th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Are people really still arguing about this >.>

Plasma
January 15th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Oh another reason why I got double sentence from a mod in Mafia Channel.

Ambient: Well after viewing you train of thought
I am satisfied with your sentance

Really?? Sentencing based on train of thought which is an arbitrary object highly subjective and purely based on assumption?
Nice logic Ambient!!

Ambient
January 15th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Oh another reason why I got double sentence from a mod in Mafia Channel.

Ambient: Well after viewing you train of thought
I am satisfied with your sentence

Really?? Sentencing based on train of thought which is an arbitrary object highly subjective and purely based on assumption?
Nice logic Ambient!!

>.>

Considering you basically said Dark has no rights to moderate his map.. Then confirm you had participated in 7 hours of what was found in these replays..

Your behavior reaffirmed your guilt.

Instead of accepting your sentence, realizing you had been caught, justly punished, and move on. You continue to complain. You know exactly what you did. You destroyed X games. You abused your donor code. You suicide'd with the other griefers at least two times but we both know it was far more than that.

Move on. Do not do it again. You will not have any more problems.

FYRE
January 15th, 2012, 01:15 AM
You weren't banned for using it, you were banned for abusing it. I put the "thief" part in there for the lulz.Mad respect +9001. Trollin teh trolls all dae.

FYRE
January 15th, 2012, 01:18 AM
The mod system is pretty corrupt atm, needs to be fixed. Example: Kevinpowers is a keeper.Kevinpowers is a hacker. Report him on battle.net 0.2 and also on www.sc2mafia.com

FYRE
January 15th, 2012, 01:20 AM
>.>

Considering you basically said Dark has no rights to moderate his map.. Then confirm you had participated in 7 hours of what was found in these replays..

Instead of accepting your sentence, realizing you had been caught, justly punished, and move on. You continue to complain. You know exactly what you did. You destroyed X games. You abused your donor code. You suicide'd with the other griefers at least two times but we both know it was far more than that.

Move on. Do not do it again. You will not have any more problems.Actually he just pointed out that Blizzard has exclusive possession of all maps made using the SC2 map editor. Overreaction much.

Plasma
January 15th, 2012, 01:37 AM
>.>

Move on. Do not do it again. You will not have any more problems.

Im so glad you're still a kid and not in the real world yet.
What you just said is wholly tantamount to libel.
I never admitted nor said any such thing. That was what FYRE was saying in the mafia channel chat, not me.

Like i said accepting sentence is one thing, but to be given 2 times the punishment because someone gave more money to DR? I see why people are so unhappy about the kevinpowers thing now.

Once again ambient this slice of responsibility as a mod in a custom map of a video game given to you has probably gone to your head.

Punishing people based on what they THINK? lol you cant make a more ridiculous and foolish sounding mod than that :)

FYRE
January 15th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Omg he's a hacker?Yes.

Gat
January 16th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Just read through some of this thread. I'm confused. Why are these "donors" and "patrons" arguing so much about their relatively lenient sentences? They made the game unplayable for others using special privileges granted to them for donating money.

There's no excuse for this type of behavior from what I can see. Either they've completely lost themselves in their in-game personas, or they enjoy the power of abusing the game for the relatively cheap price of a $5 donation.

Necrolord
January 16th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Just read through some of this thread. I'm confused. Why are these "donors" and "patrons" arguing so much about their relatively lenient sentences? They made the game unplayable for others using special privileges granted to them for donating money.

There's no excuse for this type of behavior from what I can see. Either they've completely lost themselves in their in-game personas, or they enjoy the power of abusing the game for the relatively cheap price of a $5 donation.

Because the fact they donated money should entitle them to some leniency. Halliburton got to plunder Iraq after investing in the Republicans so many godamn times. Their donations secured them privileges. Donating in Mafia should be the same way.

DR, how much do you have to donate to become a mod? If I offered you $500, would you deny me becoming a mod?

Raptorblaze
January 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Because the fact they donated money should entitle them to some leniency. Halliburton got to plunder Iraq after investing in the Republicans so many godamn times. Their donations secured them privileges. Donating in Mafia should be the same way.

DR, how much do you have to donate to become a mod? If I offered you $500, would you deny me becoming a mod?
I believe plato was a keeper and he donated 900ish

Deathfire123
January 16th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Plato was a supermod.

Also, I'm so glad Plasma has down syndrome because his rebuttals get not only funnier every time, but also a lot stupider.

Ubernox
January 19th, 2012, 12:45 PM
obviously not becouse you keep on getting yourselves banend

nerds

FYRE
January 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM
obviously not becouse you keep on getting yourselves banend

nerdsTell me your weight, height, age, class, living conditions, and annual income and we will see if you can still call me a nerd.

Raptorblaze
January 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM
135,5' 10",19, upper middle class, I'm a college student living with my parents :p now tell me if I'm a nerd bro.

FYRE
January 19th, 2012, 11:29 PM
LOL you weigh 135 Kgs and ur 5 foot 10. was talking to ubernox though so thats irrelevant. might wanna go for a run and hold off on the cheesecakes a bit mate.

Ash
January 20th, 2012, 03:56 PM
LOL you weigh 135 Kgs and ur 5 foot 10. was talking to ubernox though so thats irrelevant. might wanna go for a run and hold off on the cheesecakes a bit mate.
135 pounds = 61.23496995 KGs

Deathfire123
January 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
You guys are getting trolled, I've seen raptorblaze in real life, he's really cute and usually wears this sexy pink hat that has "Archangel" on it, he deserves an award.

And then there's this fatass who just cant seem to keep his fat fingers off the keyboard.

Ash
January 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Raptor means 135 POUNDS and not KG..
LEARN TO READ MOTHAFUCKAS

and even if he was fat, whats wrong?!
AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH STING OPERATION.
pls stop hating and spread peace.

Raptorblaze
January 20th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Raptor means 135 POUNDS and not KG..
LEARN TO READ MOTHAFUCKAS

and even if he was fat, whats wrong?!
AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH STING OPERATION.
pls stop hating and spread peace.
rofl If I had meant Kg I would've given my height in meters. 135 lbs 5'10" :)

FYRE
January 22nd, 2012, 05:35 AM
meters? you mean metres?

Deathfire123
January 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Americans spell it differently than everyone else.

Necrolord
January 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
NIGGAZ BE REAL, NIGGERBEATS IS IN THE HOUSE, TO SILENCE YOU BITCHES!!!

Ubernox
January 22nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
America invented inferior phonetic spelling

Raptorblaze
January 22nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
I don't see how meter makes less sense than metre, meter is more phonetically appropriate.

FYRE
January 22nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
It makes less sense because you took a word that was originally spelt one way, twisted it for no reason, then didn't even use the metric system. =/

Ambient
January 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
This is not being used for its proper purpose.