PDA

View Full Version : Mason Leader w/ Random

Trenix
January 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I understand why you're not able to start a game with a Mason Leader if there are no citizens to convert. However, if I have a Random Town on my list, why am I not allowed to have a Mason Leader? For all you know, that Random Town might be a citizen.

In addition, if there is Mason and Mason Leader, the game wont start because it will say that there is only one mason. This is incorrect because a Mason Leader technically is a Mason.

Fix please?

Yayap
January 10th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Please provide a replay so I can see the exact settings of the setup.
Here are a few questions to consider:

Does the random town exclude citizens?
Are there any cult?
Does your Mason Leader have any recruitments?

What is the exact error that it gives you when trying to start a game?

Trenix
January 10th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Does the random town exclude citizens?

No.

Are there any cult?

No, but neutral is also random. So there could be a cultist.

Does your Mason Leader have any recruitments?

There is a mason already teamed with the mason leader. There is no citizens on the role list but there is random town, so there might be recruitments. I have it setup like this so just in case people get a citizen role, they could maybe team up with the masons if they speak up.

What is the exact error that it gives you when trying to start a game?

It says mason leader will be useless or something, wish I had the exact words but B.net or mafia keeps dropping me.

Lysergic
January 12th, 2012, 03:19 PM
That would be "Mason Leader is powerless." By "Does your Mason Leader have any recruitments?", Yapyap was asking what boxes you had checked for the Mason Leader settings. If he cannot recruit anyone due to his role settings, he is powerless (and thus the game won't start).

Trenix
January 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM
That would be "Mason Leader is powerless." By "Does your Mason Leader have any recruitments?", Yapyap was asking what boxes you had checked for the Mason Leader settings. If he cannot recruit anyone due to his role settings, he is powerless (and thus the game won't start).

Yes, that's the error I got. I don't have anything checked for the Mason Leader because I don't want him to be limited on how many recruits he can have. So I still don't see how he's powerless, unless I'm required to limit the amount of recruits he may have.

Elixir
January 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM
You cant set a dedicated mason leader without cultists or citizens also dedicated, it doesnt matter if you also have standard masons.
You can however, set up randoms so in the event that a cultist or citizen spawns, a mason leader could also spawn.

Trenix
January 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM
You cant set a dedicated mason leader without cultists or citizens also dedicated, it doesnt matter if you also have standard masons.
You can however, set up randoms so in the event that a cultist or citizen spawns, a mason leader could also spawn.

I have Random Neutral, which can be a possible Cultist.
I have a Mason Leader.
I have a Mason.
I have Random Town, which can be a possible Citizen.

I don't see why it wont let it go through, but it doesn't for a few pointless reason.

1) We're require to have at least two or more Masons in order for the game to start, the system doesn't count a Mason Leader as a mason, which it should.

2) There is absolutely no reason for us to require a Cultist if we choose to have a Mason Leader, but the game forces us to.

3) The Mason Leader requires there to be Citizens, but Random Town doesn't count for Citizens, even though they're not excluded.

Yayap
January 12th, 2012, 07:07 PM
There is a reason I like to have replays... I usually get a small group together and replicate the error given, and try to find a solution using the settings you want. Until I get a replay, I'm not going to try and replicate a game with settings that would work since I don't know what all the variables are.

Lysergic
January 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you are REQUIRED to limit the number of recruits. From what I remember, you could do infinite a few versions ago, but a new patch prevented it. Whether or not this is intended, I don't know. Try limiting the number of recruits and see if you can start the game. If so, that's the problem. I'm about 90% sure that limiting it will fix it for you.

Dark.Revenant
January 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM
The big requirement, afaik, for Mason Leader is that a Citizen OR a Cultist MUST be explicitly defined in the setup.

Trenix
January 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
The big requirement, afaik, for Mason Leader is that a Citizen OR a Cultist MUST be explicitly defined in the setup.

But why? All I want is to be able to have a Mason Leader with a Mason, and have the possibility for them to recruit citizens from the Random Town, if there is any. This would stop people who are citizens from whining.

Lysergic
January 14th, 2012, 10:03 PM
DR, would he be able to accomplish this by setting Mason to be promoted and then include two Masons? One would promote to leader and be able to recruit potential Citizens.

Otherwise, Trenix, I'd suggest just sticking a Cultist in the setup.

Dark.Revenant
January 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Promotion only triggers when a ML dies. It's just like a Consigliere's GF promotion.

Lysergic
January 14th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Ah. Well nevermind then. xD