PDA

View Full Version : Bounty System

Goremancer
January 9th, 2012, 10:45 PM
After thinking about the bounty hunter from Grim, I came up with a system.

Modified from my original idea, here it goes.

Bounty Hunter

Neutral Killer

During the day, the bounty hunter can put up a bounty on a player by typing -bounty player to FM master. Everyone will know that player now has a bounty on his head. The bounty hunter can only put up one bounty per day. The bounty hunter has a limited charge of 5 bounties. During the night, the bounty hunter may ONLY attack the player that has a bounty. The bounty will stay on until the bounty hunter is dead, or the target is dead. When the bounty hunter kills 3 sanctified players, the bounty hunter has to survive until the end in order to win. The kills must be his own, if the target was killed on the same night the bounty hunter attacks, the kill does not count. The bounty hunter only has 4 bullets. If the bounty hunter either runs out of bullets or he runs out of bounties to put up, he dies of poverty the next night. Not night invulnerable. Investigative results will say the Bounty Hunter is a mafioso/jailor/vigilante/bounty hunter.
A complicated version of a killer executioner.

Guardian
January 10th, 2012, 03:25 AM
can survive/win too easily.
make it like someone else sets the bounty or something.

Luna
January 10th, 2012, 04:11 AM
can survive/win too easily.
make it like someone else sets the bounty or something.

The crux of this role is that the Bounty Hunter has to have control of his own fate, it'd be far too difficult to win if someone else sets the target. The BH has to pick someone that the Town DOESN'T deem scummy, because one doctor heal or bus driver switch and the BH loses. So he has to appease the Town. It also gives the Mafia a heads up on what target they don't need to kill, or if it's one of their own then they are forewarned. They might even kill the BH target just to spite him.

There are some good qualities about this suggestion but I see too much opportunity for the BH to fail (he's so reliant upon others not ruining his plans). When he's down to one shot, he can just role-claim and ask town who to put a bounty on - mafia won't bother killing him because he's run out of shots anyway. I prefer Neutral Killers that put a real fright into everyone, Town and Mafia alike, and who can use strategy to get their win.

Goremancer
January 10th, 2012, 04:39 PM
The crux of this role is that the Bounty Hunter has to have control of his own fate, it'd be far too difficult to win if someone else sets the target. The BH has to pick someone that the Town DOESN'T deem scummy, because one doctor heal or bus driver switch and the BH loses. So he has to appease the Town. It also gives the Mafia a heads up on what target they don't need to kill, or if it's one of their own then they are forewarned. They might even kill the BH target just to spite him.

There are some good qualities about this suggestion but I see too much opportunity for the BH to fail (he's so reliant upon others not ruining his plans). When he's down to one shot, he can just role-claim and ask town who to put a bounty on - mafia won't bother killing him because he's run out of shots anyway. I prefer Neutral Killers that put a real fright into everyone, Town and Mafia alike, and who can use strategy to get their win.
Yea it's not intended to be those major scary neutrals like arsonist and sk. It's not on par with that. It's one of those side roles like jester and executioner that can still screw people over but not a major problem for anyone in particular.