PDA

View Full Version : So is forum mafia VIII over?

McJesus
January 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I can see all the night chats

Dimwit
January 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Presumably.

In death chat, Ike mentions that Ned is the last remaining, non-afk mob.

Not sure about the neutrals, so I imagine that either:

A) False just called it due to AFKs
or
B) Someone successfully PMed a kill command on the Arson and the other neutral only needed to survive. Or both died.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I bet at least one non-Town role suicided during the night :(

Capitalier
January 8th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I bet at least one non-Town role suicided during the night :(

False asked me if I wanted to surrender, since the game was essentially over, and I was like okay.

We made a deal, though. He had to give me a picture of Rev's penis.

And man, it's HUGE!

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM
is that it in your sig?

Capitalier
January 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM
is that it in your sig?
yes

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Really fast game, but was fun.

wolfcheese
January 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Wow, I suck at being a meatshield, yet it was so easy in M-FM1. At least I was a consortshield :p

Dimwit
January 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
False asked me if I wanted to surrender, since the game was essentially over, and I was like okay.

We made a deal, though. He had to give me a picture of Rev's penis.

And man, it's HUGE!

Were you the Arson?

wolfcheese
January 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Btw who send me this creepy ass rep?

"Your order is to kill Philip. When you succeed you will be contacted. Then you will be officially acknowledged. -Signed Unknown"

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Btw who send me this creepy ass rep?

"Your order is to kill Philip. When you succeed you will be contacted. Then you will be officially acknowledged. -Signed Unknown"

Probably some guy that wanted to be the role Hitman so badly or wanted a Hitman.

Is it safe to role-claim here and stuff?

Lysergic
January 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hey Lovers, great plan. That really worked out well for you. That first idea (the whole siding with your respective mafias and doing the merge late-game after town was dead) was a totally shit plan that would have ended in both of you dying, probably. The way it worked out was WAY better for you both.

philie
January 8th, 2012, 12:38 PM
MARQUEE IS BACK

Lysergic
January 8th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Hey Lovers, great plan. That really worked out well for you. That first idea (the whole siding with your respective mafias and doing the merge late-game after town was dead) was a totally shit plan that would have ended in both of you dying, probably. The way it worked out was WAY better for you both.

There; fix'd.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Y u want kill philip? :'(

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM
EPICNESS

I MISS MARQUEE

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Oh yea guys, I actually sent all those hit list reps. Since I was the mafia, my goal was to confuse the fuck out of everyone. Didn't work so well. :/ I chose philip coz that would the first one that popped into my mind for no reason

philie
January 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM
you should have claimed roles and written other peoples names

Capitalier
January 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Were you the Arson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qKzIsisU

BBmolla
January 8th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I think the setup was broken once we realized we could do the whole "copy entire night chat and look for clues".

I had a good time though.

Seriously need some anti lurking mechanics, lurking raped that game.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I was indeed Philip, and I was indeed an Investigator. I still can't believe that Stan wasn't Mafia! I was going to counter-claim Stan and Stephen and cause epic win (I was going to point out that neither of them realised they were cc-ing each other, a sign that they weren't investigators because any investigator would IMMEDIATELY notice another claimer).

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I was Liane the Vigilante, I love how nobody ever suspected me of anything.. I flew under the radar like a total badass. I still didn't finish using my third bullet.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I investigated Liane last night, you were top of my list of suspects, if I found you in possession of weapons things might have gone badly ^^

BBmolla
January 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
You wanna get high?

Capitalier
January 8th, 2012, 01:13 PM
You wanna get high?
Sure, I'll even light the joint. 8)

Lysergic
January 8th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Sure, I'll even light the joint. 8)

I don't get it.

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I wonder who Yayap really was.. Lol

Also Luna I don't think it would end up badly, since Mafia had no mafiosos, it would mean I am clean.
Btw Capitalier were you Tweek Tweak/Arson? Tweek Tweak was doing good if he really was Arson.

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Also Luna I don't think it would end up badly, since Mafia had no mafiosos, it would mean I am clean.
Btw Capitalier were you Tweek Tweak/Arson? Tweek Tweak was doing good if he really was Arson.
YapYap was token

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
YapYap was token
He was Philie, I assume he was joking around. I would also occasionally say I was Yayap lol.

Capitalier
January 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM

He was obviously Cartman. I was Sharon, and Token was phillie.

philie
January 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
> claiming yayap makes people listen to you
> true fact

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM
> true fact
pwned -.-

Deathfire123
January 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
> true fact

No one listened to Liane

Muso
January 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM
He was obviously Cartman. I was Sharon, and Token was phillie.

No, I was philie.

Kromos
January 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I was Tweek Tweak. I didn't think I played that well but I guess it's good that no one guessed my COM identity?

A lot of people were saying I was Jack or Claw and a few people mentioned Dust or BorkBot. I wasn't really trying to hide after the first half of Day 1, apart from my vote tally 'slip', which was just for fun :p.

BorkBot was saying I wasn't Tweek even after i put it in my sig.

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I was the lurker, Jason.

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I was the lurker, Jason.
I killed your ass. Make it a lesson that town will NEVER forget about ANYONE. Except me in that game.. I only got called scum/suspicious like 2-3 times and that's about it.

I also thought Cartman could've been Yayap, if it was him then he played pretty bad -_-

Muso
January 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I also thought Cartman could've been Yayap, if it was him then he played pretty bad -_-

Watch yo mouth, boy.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I hope Yayap performed some AMAZING and subtle manipulation in this game and secured the Town victory.

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I killed your ass. Make it a lesson that town will NEVER forget about ANYONE. Except me in that game.. I only got called scum/suspicious like 2-3 times and that's about it.

Most of the time I was genuinely afk. So when I checked the FM it would be so awkward if I had just posted all of a sudden :S

philie
January 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Most of the time I was genuinely afk. So when I checked the FM it would be so awkward if I had just posted all of a sudden :S

you best not afk in next FM ;)

Ambient
January 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM

If you were AFK while you were alive prepare for Negative Rep Storm.

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM
But I can't neglect my M-FM duties either :(

Zane
January 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I was afk, I knew it was a fault to join it. Well, I won't join another big FM so that shouldn't be a problem.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 02:37 PM
If you genuinely can't play in more than one game I'd consider sticking to just one. Personally I got screwed over by the sudden change to the forum settings (how come the forum mafia game no longer started showing up in new posts? I only log onto my anonymous account if I feel the need to post).

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
If you genuinely can't play in more than one game I'd consider sticking to just one. Personally I got screwed over by the sudden change to the forum settings (how come the forum mafia game no longer started showing up in new posts? I only log onto my anonymous account if I feel the need to post).

This is what I do, I might play some of these m-fm things since I'm reserving next one.
Gore it's not awkward to just post all of a sudden, it's scummier if you try to get away with something than if you actually post. You could always say "Hi guys I was AFK but in that mafia chat I can assure you that THAT WAS NOT FUCKING ME MOTHERFUCKERS" etc.

Zane
January 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
It's not because of several fm's. It's because the big one is boring and annoying for me. So I don't feel the need to play it anymore.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM
It's not because of several fm's. It's because the big one is boring and annoying for me. So I don't feel the need to play it anymore.

I was speaking to Gore ;)

Zane
January 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I say you talked to me. Now it's the truth!

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I say you talked to me. Now it's the truth!
Luna modded that. It is truth no longer.

TheJackofSpades
January 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm only going to say this once.

If you kids can't handle participating in two games at once, fucking don't.

Because if shit like this happens again, I don't care who you are, I will personally see to it that the following things happen to you:
1) If you're trying to host a M-FM, your setup will be declined.
2) If you're trying to participate in a FM, you'll be slotted to reserve.
3) If you're trying to report someone, I will see them promoted to super mod assuming they give a cash donation to DR.
4) If the problem somehow persists, I will see you banned from real life and see that your soul is tethered to your forum account so that you may find time out of your busy schedule to actually participate in the game you signed up for.

Seriously, it's fucking ridiculous how much AFKing there was this game, those responsible KNOW who they are just as well as I KNOW who they are.

BorkBot
January 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
BorkBot was saying I wasn't Tweek even after i put it in my sig.
I was saying it, but that doesn't mean I believed what I was saying.

What I did was use 2 browsers and be logged on both accounts at the same time. Worked pretty well for me. You also avoid accidentally posting in another thread with your FM account, which is how I caught Kyle/Rocshi.

Ambient
January 8th, 2012, 04:15 PM
AFK'ing breaks the game.

I agree with Points 1,2, and 4 of jacks list.

CmG
January 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Oh sad its over. Wanted to invest Sharon tonight oh well... jiji TheJackofspades you won the game with the lovers.

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah it was pretty ridiculous, aside from my late entry into day IV I was up to date on the thread, i was fairly quiet but i posted and voted and got involved in a bit of debate (mostly i was repping people like mad, weaving a net around me so I could come out and counter-claim and look genuine).

Some of the things which Jack threatened will come true.

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I created this rep mess on day 1.. Giving rep to Tweek Tweak then he suddenly says "WTF I GOT A REP WITH NO MESSAGE SOMEONE WANTS ME TO ROLECLAIM" i was scared of getting my ass modkilled. Then this mess...

@CmG - Don't you mean Lovers lost?

CmG
January 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
And? Without them we would never won that fast. Imagine the game without the mafia night chat loggs.... Yeah.

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 05:58 PM
And? Without them we would never won that fast. Imagine the game without the mafia night chat loggs.... Yeah.

I think it's an unfair advantage to the town unless Mafia can use it wisely.

Rocshi
January 8th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I wasn't ACTUALLY afk.
I was lurking.

I had some posts.

Garrison was, though.

Goremancer
January 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM
What? Jason is still alive? Did he honestly use dead ringer just in time? NOPE. CHUCK TESTA

Dust
January 8th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I've said it a couple times and I will say it again. Read the lover chat. There are a few people who need to read it but the rest of you can read it for your pleasure. There is one player in particular who needs to read my last post in the "Hello, Dearest" thread.

Dimwit
January 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I was Shelley for reals. Read jailer chat, cartmanwas yap.

Anyone know if were getting a closure thread to sum up the game?

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I believe we are

Sumikoko
January 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic on the last sentence, Monsieur Clyde. Heh. I'm assuming you are.
The first idea, I thought was noble at the very least. I couldn't wait to put it to action, but was glad I didn't, once False told me that dead Mafia couldn't win. I guess I could have somehow deceived you guys into thinking that dead Mafia still wins with living Mafia after merge, and then backstab Ike and someone else, but I'd feel like a total jerkwad if I did that. So I didn't.

I've said it a couple times and I will say it again. Read the lover chat. There are a few people who need to read it but the rest of you can read it for your pleasure. There is one player in particular who needs to read my last post in the "Hello, Dearest" thread.
Mon petit chou, I must say, your last post had an impact... until I glanced over at your avatar lol. Looking at Willy Wonka while reading a death threat doesn't exactly work out right. :p

Rocshi
January 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Wait.

Did Town or Mafia win?

I wasn't AFK, I kept PM-ing FT about shit.

Ash
January 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Town won

Kromos
January 9th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Both Rocshi and Goremancer were mafia :weird:. We should have won M-FM III.

Apocist
January 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM
And how is Token still posting around the forum? btw....Banana!(to who ever keep thinking that I was Zane)

Lysergic
January 9th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic on the last sentence, Monsieur Clyde. Heh. I'm assuming you are.
The first idea, I thought was noble at the very least. I couldn't wait to put it to action, but was glad I didn't, once False told me that dead Mafia couldn't win. I guess I could have somehow deceived you guys into thinking that dead Mafia still wins with living Mafia after merge, and then backstab Ike and someone else, but I'd feel like a total jerkwad if I did that. So I didn't.

I didn't realize that dead Mafia can't win with their living cohorts. That's REALLY stupid. Do dead town lose as well? Because if dead Town win with their team but dead Maf lose... Ugh.

Also, yes, that was sarcasm. xD

Sumikoko
January 9th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I didn't realize that dead Mafia can't win with their living cohorts. That's REALLY stupid. Do dead town lose as well? Because if dead Town win with their team but dead Maf lose... Ugh.

Well this applies only after the merge. Dead Mafia win with their Mafia IF no merge occurs. But if a merge does occur, then all previously dead Mafia lose automatically. :(

Goremancer
January 9th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Both Rocshi and Goremancer were mafia :weird:. We should have won M-FM III.
Yea Rocshi and I have been mafia buddies twice now. Maybe even the current one?