PDA

View Full Version : M-FM: Mistaken Identity

Sumikoko
January 7th, 2012, 11:04 PM
This M-FM is really designed for the lulz. I was thinking about ventriloquists and how people have to disguise as others, and thought of this. What if, instead of a roleplaying name, you get the name of one of the forumers? And your secondary objective is to roleplay as them and get correctly identified by another player.

For example, if the RP cards were: (And there are only mafioso and citizens)
Zane
Sumikoko
Zack
Dust

And say, Borkbot got the Sumikoko card. Then he will have to talk about chainsaws and maids in his analyses to convey to the townsmen who his roleplay card is. Saying "my RP card is Zane" or something is obviously forbidden. Here's the catch:

The Mafia does NOT know who their fellow Mafioso are and do not have a night chat. They will only be PMed at the start with the RP name of their fellow Mafioso. So if you're the Mafioso, you'll have to try your best to RP to convey your role to other Mafioso watching for you. But here's the other catch:
1. When lynching, if Zane was playing with the RP card Zack, and said "-vote Dust" as the hammering vote, the real Dust would not be lynched. Rather, it'd be the person holding the "Dust" RP card.
2. In addition to lynching, the townsmen will also vote to reveal the alignment of a person. So if they "-vote Zack", then I shall announce whenever the votes are enough that Zack (the person) was aligned so-and-so. I will not reveal who his RP card is. Then of course, if he's Mafia, the townsmen will have to figure out what his RP was. But he can't completely not roleplay, because then his own Mafia might accidentally kill him at night.

How kills would work:
Determined by random.org, a random Mafia will get the kill that night and have sole control over it. Or maybe I'll rotate it and let each Mafioso get a chance or something.

Comments/questions? :)

Deathfire123
January 7th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Erm, the voting thing wont work. People can just not RP who they are supposed to.

Sumikoko
January 7th, 2012, 11:36 PM
That they'll just not RP at all? Well for this S-FM, if I were hosting it, I would definitely filter the players. Set a requirement to previous participation in 1 FM (the real one). Cause new players would not know certain forumer's behavior. And really, the people signing up should realize that they should only play if they're interested in roleplaying as someone else. If they're looking for a more standard S-FM, they need to look elsewhere. If you mean that they'll roleplay as someone else, then that has strategic implications in itself. Town has no reason to. Mafia could, but then a real Townie would realize, not to mention the other Mafia would not know who that mafioso is. The risks are partly what makes this fun. :)

Deathfire123
January 7th, 2012, 11:56 PM
No I mean, they'd probably fake someone else. IE if a mafia got Zane or something, they'd start RPing as Sumikoko or something, then if they get found out as mafia, then they are safe, since no one will know what RP he is. Every single person would have to role claim their RP role if they wanted to lynch this person faking someone else to find out their actual RP role.

Sumikoko
January 8th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I guess I should clarify. When the Mafioso gets to kill that night, the kill goes to the person with the RP card, similar to lynches. Like, killing Sumikoko would kill the person holding that RP card. That way, you could pose as a Townie, but your fellow Mafia mates might kill you thinking you're town. Since Mafia has no night chat and only gets the RP names of their fellow Mafioso. The real Sumikoko RP would also realize this and since town has no reason to RP as someone else, would isolate you as a Mafia posing as town.

Sumikoko
January 8th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Oh, and the town is not given a list with the alignment attached to the RP names. They are only given a list of players and a list of RP cards with no mention of alignment as well as how many Mafiosos there are.

TheWaaagh
January 8th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Oh, and the town is not given a list with the alignment attached to the RP names. They are only given a list of players and a list of RP cards with no mention of alignment as well as how many Mafiosos there are.

What would happen when two people RP as the same person? Would they both be killed/lynched?

And what happens if I start off RPing as one person, but later switch to RPing as someone else? Or, if I thought I was RPing as someone else, but then you killed me off as the game master, mistaking me for RPing as whoever was killed/lynched?

BorkBot
January 8th, 2012, 08:23 AM
It's a funny idea. You should put CmG on that list. He has a very distinct personality in all FMs "LOOK AT HOW SCUMMY I AM!" lol.

Ubernox
January 8th, 2012, 11:52 AM
"LOOK AT HOW SCUMMY I AM!" lol.

qft

This looks funny. I'd sign up.

Sumikoko
January 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
What would happen when two people RP as the same person? Would they both be killed/lynched?

And what happens if I start off RPing as one person, but later switch to RPing as someone else? Or, if I thought I was RPing as someone else, but then you killed me off as the game master, mistaking me for RPing as whoever was killed/lynched?
You are assigned a unique person to roleplay, so I'm not sure what you mean by them both getting killed/lynched.

TheWaaagh
January 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
You are assigned a unique person to roleplay, so I'm not sure what you mean by them both getting killed/lynched.

Oh that's right, just read over it again. My bad lol.

Guardian
January 9th, 2012, 03:29 AM
this setup should not exceed 5 people.

else will be a disaster.