PDA

View Full Version : lynch fetish sign up thread

naz
June 11th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Lynch Fetish
Link to Setup (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/34761-S-FM-Lynch-Fetish)
https://ruyhenriquez.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/0abbb19bab8d536ecf6ce12ba4fa526f.jpg

trying to keep this one short and sweet after this big game

8 players

signs:
1. blinkpotato
2. ptb
3. marshmallow fartshall
4. voss
5. hybridt
6. peestorted
7. efekannnn007
8. aamirus♡

reserves:
1. magoroth
3. nudes c:

blinkskater
June 11th, 2018, 06:22 PM
/sign

PowersThatBe
June 11th, 2018, 06:52 PM
/sign

(just for clarity, if there are 2 citizens and a jester at the end. So long as the tie votes are not on the jester, one of the citizens will be randomly lynched?)

Marshmallow Marshall
June 11th, 2018, 06:59 PM
/sign omg that setup lol... DAMN YOU MATTZED!

Voss
June 11th, 2018, 07:03 PM
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vote_for_Town_Mafia

this appears to be nearly the exact same setup.

Also I might play this, and have played it before. It's hella interesting

Naz, what's the minimum post count required. I ask not because I want to try and lurk to victory (which'd never work in this setup) but so I can actively try to limit my time in the game. But if that's inappropriate unwanted, I don't have to sign.

naz
June 11th, 2018, 07:51 PM
/sign

(just for clarity, if there are 2 citizens and a jester at the end. So long as the tie votes are not on the jester, one of the citizens will be randomly lynched?)

uhhh, there will be mandatory lynch, with 2 votes to lynch at that point. y'all gotta choose lol.
if necessary, rng will be used. but you shouldn't leave the fate of the game to rng ;^)

naz
June 11th, 2018, 07:53 PM

Naz, what's the minimum post count required. I ask not because I want to try and lurk to victory (which'd never work in this setup) but so I can actively try to limit my time in the game. But if that's inappropriate unwanted, I don't have to sign.
ooo funny haha, that is basically the same setup.

that's an interesting strategy, if i were playing i would avoid lynching lurkers :p but i'm just hosting so to each his own.
lets say between 5 and 10 for now...we will see when the signs fill and whos playing lol. i might not make a mandatory post count but don't hold me to it.

Marshmallow Marshall
June 11th, 2018, 08:01 PM

nu false. There is no self-hammer on here ^^

PowersThatBe
June 11th, 2018, 08:04 PM
uhhh, there will be mandatory lynch, with 2 votes to lynch at that point. y'all gotta choose lol.
if necessary, rng will be used. but you shouldn't leave the fate of the game to rng ;^)

But if one person is a jester, it's not possible to get a majority lynch in that instance if the Jester is not being voted. I ask because in the set up it says one of the citizens will be lynched. But it was a little confusing. The jester wouldn't vote to lynch one of the citizens b/c they would lose the second there are equal number of citizens to jesters. And the citizens couldn't vote the jester because they would lose due to all jesters getting lynched. So it would have to come to a tie vote situation.

Tie vote mechanics:
Ties will result in a random Jester being lynched unless the number of Citizens is one more than the number of Jesters remaining.
If there is a tie when there is 1 more Citizen than Jesters, a Jester will be lynched if one among the the tie votes; otherwise a Citizen will be lynched.

I read that as if a vote is on a jester the jester will be lynched, but if the vote is on both citizens and not the jester, one of the citizens will be random lynched. In which case would cause town victory because the 1 = 1. Is that how you intend to run it?

I believe this is how that rule should read:

Tie vote mechanics:
Ties will result in a random Jester being lynched unless the number of Citizens is one more than the number of Jesters remaining.
If there is a tie when there is 1 more Citizen than Jesters, a Jester will be lynched if one among the the tie votes is on the jester; otherwise a Citizen will be lynched.

naz
June 11th, 2018, 08:19 PM
But if one person is a jester, it's not possible to get a majority lynch in that instance if the Jester is not being voted. I ask because in the set up it says one of the citizens will be lynched. But it was a little confusing. The jester wouldn't vote to lynch one of the citizens b/c they would lose the second there are equal number of citizens to jesters. And the citizens couldn't vote the jester because they would lose due to all jesters getting lynched. So it would have to come to a tie vote situation.

I read that as if a vote is on a jester the jester will be lynched, but if the vote is on both citizens and not the jester, one of the citizens will be random lynched. In which case would cause town victory because the 1 = 1. Is that how you intend to run it?

I believe this is how that rule should read:

Tie vote mechanics:
If there is a tie when there is 1 more Citizen than Jesters, a Jester will be lynched if one among the the tie votes is on the jester; otherwise a Citizen will be lynched.

oooof good point lol. i should read everything better.

well, to be a tie vote the jester does need 1 vote on themselves (so they want to play as a town)

My balancing philosophy was to make it ~50% winrate by random lynch, yeah. Currently, town wins 47.4% of the time by random lynch.

Questions:

A tie between Citizen 1 and Citizen 2 D1 results in a random Jester lynch?
What happens in ties where 1 jester is left and 3+ Citizens remain?
MYLO tie breakers make sense.

In order:
Correct. If town has enough votes to to hammer one of their own, they should be punished for failing to lynch anyone.
A jester wins in the event of a tie in 1v3. Town's winning strategy is to find one town, place two votes on them, and then have that town not vote. I may modify this to behave like the 1v2 MYLO.
Ty. The final lynches are a bit odd because town needs to lynch themselves all while having killed off their voting power. I had considered doing something like letting the dead vote, but I think the current tie mechanics are sufficient. I'm open to alternative suggestions for the endgame votes, though. I've also thought of disabling hammers at 1v3 and 1v2 and making everyone have to vote, and Jester wins if they get any votes. (random cit lynch otherwise)

and then read the convo from there..i am too right now hah

naz
June 11th, 2018, 08:23 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/35021-S-FM-182-Lynch-Fetish

the game played previously for those interested

Voss
June 11th, 2018, 08:26 PM
ooo funny haha, that is basically the same setup.

that's an interesting strategy, if i were playing i would avoid lynching lurkers :p but i'm just hosting so to each his own.
lets say between 5 and 10 for now...we will see when the signs fill and whos playing lol. i might not make a mandatory post count but don't hold me to it.

feel free to not include me, but i'm planning on making 10 really good posts, but trying to not go above that.

Ganelon
June 11th, 2018, 11:19 PM
When are you planning to host this?

Ganelon
June 11th, 2018, 11:20 PM
/sign but be prepared to replace me really quick

Hybrid
June 12th, 2018, 04:38 AM
Sign

naz
June 12th, 2018, 06:00 AM
/sign but be prepared to replace me really quick

why sign then.....

starting when game is full, 12 to 24 hr from when i input last sign in list

Distorted
June 12th, 2018, 07:19 AM
/siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiign

Distorted
June 12th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Lynch Fetish
Link to Setup (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/34761-S-FM-Lynch-Fetish)
https://ruyhenriquez.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/0abbb19bab8d536ecf6ce12ba4fa526f.jpg

reserves:
1. magoroth
3. nudes c:

so wait, does that mean if mag cant fill in - we dont get a second reserve, then u just resort to posting nudes to fill the lack of posts for 1 slot?

blinkskater
June 12th, 2018, 09:04 AM
naz are we allowed to post nudes in this game also is there modkilling allowed?

OzyWho
June 12th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Funny setup. :D
If only Jester wasn't the only neutral role that I need to get a win with in the mod. :(

Efekannn02
June 12th, 2018, 10:33 AM
/sign

Hybrid
June 12th, 2018, 10:49 AM
yzb25 sign or i throw potatoes at you

Marshmallow Marshall
June 12th, 2018, 11:28 AM
yzb25 I am readying my potatoes if you don't sign

PowersThatBe
June 12th, 2018, 12:20 PM
yzb25 sign plz :)

Efekannn02
June 12th, 2018, 12:52 PM
why are you guys talking about potatoes?

DJarJar
June 12th, 2018, 01:02 PM
/sign

Marshmallow Marshall
June 12th, 2018, 02:27 PM
why are you guys talking about potatoes?

We're threatning yzb to throw potatoes at him if he doesn't sign :)

yzb25
June 12th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Cheers for the invitations but I don't wanna burn myself out with too many mafia games at once. But I will play lots of mafia games this summer, no doubt!

Light_Yagami
June 12th, 2018, 03:59 PM
-sign

naz
June 12th, 2018, 04:30 PM
so wait, does that mean if mag cant fill in - we dont get a second reserve, then u just resort to posting nudes to fill the lack of posts for 1 slot?

u wish

naz are we allowed to post nudes in this game also is there modkilling allowed?

nudes must be PMed to host for approval
no modkills - the setup is made for your team to suffer if u be a shithead. if ya rly piss me off i'll modkill someone from the other team

Voss
June 12th, 2018, 05:01 PM
if we lynch early, and you're around to update the thread, can we get the remaining time added to the next day? this'd also help with keeping day starts consistent.

PowersThatBe
June 12th, 2018, 05:25 PM
if we lynch early, and you're around to update the thread, can we get the remaining time added to the next day? this'd also help with keeping day starts consistent.

seconded.

naz
June 12th, 2018, 07:05 PM
yes

also i have some whiney babies

00:17:54:30

this is the new countdown timer

(5pm central)

blinkskater
June 13th, 2018, 09:32 AM
yes

also i have some whiney babies