PDA

View Full Version : M-FM: Psychological Wars

Rocshi
January 7th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I got a really good idea when I saw McPwnage's thread about the Briggs-Meyers philosophy test.

Everything here is based off Keirsey.com.

There are four seperate factions: Guardians, Artisans, Idealists, and Rationals.

The Guardians and Artisans form the Town.

The Idealists are a freaky cult, that wants a perfect Mindville (le name of le town). They can recruit Guardians and Artisans. The Rationals, however, know that the Idealists are full of 5#!t and will not be converted, and they will learn the Idealist's name. They share a night chat as well.

The Rationals have realized that everyone in Mindville has gone frakkin crazy, and have decided that they must kill the population off so they, too, do not become infected with this crazy mindset. They, too, have a night chat.

Roles List:

INTJ-Mastermind (Godfather)
INTP-Architect (Architect)
ENTJ- Fieldmarshal (Ventriloquist)
ENTP- Inventor (Fabricator)

ENFJ-Teacher (Cult Leader)
INFJ-Counselor (Cultist)
ENFP-Champion (Mayor) [1st recruited member]
INFP-Healer (Doctor) [2nd recruited member]

NOTE: THE OTHER RECRUITED MEMBERS WILL KEEP THEIR ROLES

ESTJ-Supervisor (Mason Leader)
ESFJ-Provider (Gunsmith)
ISTJ- Inspector (Investigator)
ISFJ-Protector (Armoursmith)
ISFP-Composer (Journalist)
ESFP- Performer (Actress)
ESTP-Promoter (Spy)
ISTP- Crafter (Citizen)

EVENT: When the Rationals die, the Guardians and Artisans will disagree on how to kill the Idealists. At this time, two of the reserve players (that are willing, of course), will enter the game as Hitmen. They will control the ventriloquist's two smurfs. (They do not die along with the Ventriloquist). These Hitmen will kill for the Town, and whoever kills the Cult Leader will win the game for that faction. The game will continue until the Idealists are dead or have majority.

This is for 16 (18 ) players.

McJesus
January 7th, 2012, 08:04 PM
It might be confusing if everyone has a night chat but I'm definetly signing up for this

Rocshi
January 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
It might be confusing if everyone has a night chat but I'm definetly signing up for this

Wait, why the fuck did I make Town have a night chat.
They could just kill the other faction off and win.

bye chat.

This will probably take place a few weeks after my TF2 setup.

I have Finals week in 2 weeks anyway.

McJesus
January 7th, 2012, 08:12 PM
lol

jaczac
January 7th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Im citizen.

I will kill your babies.

Sumikoko
January 7th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Lol there are a few problems with this setup, as interesting as it sounds.

First, there's a mason leader but only one citizen. I don't see the point of a mason if they're only going to have 2 members.

Second, I don't understand why the Rational Mafia has an architect (assuming that's the guy who can have coffee with 2 other members, right?). Mafia pretty much has to annihilate everyone else; sure, having a chat helps know who to kill first, but I feel this will give a lop-sided advantage to the Mafia, not to mention...

Third, the ventriloquist has TWO smurfs (based on what you said about the hitmen)? Lol. I really hope a really smart person gets this role, or the vent will be killed off really quickly. It's hard enough managing one other smurf trying not to make a slip up, but two is... Heh. I approve of this, actually. Really sheds light on how good your Ventriloquist is.

Edit: I thought about this, and now, it's unrealistic to have a ventriloquist. Assuming it's going to be two separate new accounts, it's pretty easy to pin who the smurfs are lol. Unless you're going to somehow manage anonymous accounts.

There's several mechanics that need to be ironed out. Like, what if the smurfs die from lynching before the hitmen enter the game. The Idealists are a cult, so I'm assuming they don't kill, so how will they win once Rationals and gunsmith die, especially since they can't recruit Rationals. It seems you paired the roles with what their Keirsey job sounds like, so balance might be an issue in this game.

Goremancer
January 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
whenever this starts. tell me. I'm in.

Rocshi
January 7th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Lol there are a few problems with this setup, as interesting as it sounds.

First, there's a mason leader but only one citizen. I don't see the point of a mason if they're only going to have 2 members.

Second, I don't understand why the Rational Mafia has an architect (assuming that's the guy who can have coffee with 2 other members, right?). Mafia pretty much has to annihilate everyone else; sure, having a chat helps know who to kill first, but I feel this will give a lop-sided advantage to the Mafia, not to mention...

Third, the ventriloquist has TWO smurfs (based on what you said about the hitmen)? Lol. I really hope a really smart person gets this role, or the vent will be killed off really quickly. It's hard enough managing one other smurf trying not to make a slip up, but two is... Heh. I approve of this, actually. Really sheds light on how good your Ventriloquist is.

Edit: I thought about this, and now, it's unrealistic to have a ventriloquist. Assuming it's going to be two separate new accounts, it's pretty easy to pin who the smurfs are lol. Unless you're going to somehow manage anonymous accounts.

There's several mechanics that need to be ironed out. Like, what if the smurfs die from lynching before the hitmen enter the game. The Idealists are a cult, so I'm assuming they don't kill, so how will they win once Rationals and gunsmith die, especially since they can't recruit Rationals. It seems you paired the roles with what their Keirsey job sounds like, so balance might be an issue in this game.

Yeah, I'll replace Mason Leader. Don't know what I was thinking there.

The Rationals have an architect because a) INTP is Architect, b) I want to see Architect's potential as an evil role., c) i wanted to see mafia roles and town roles as opposites (i.e, architect as maf, actress as town.

The ventriloquist will not fully control the smurfs. The smurfs will be two players using their own accounts, and posting/voting based on Ventriloquist's orders. Once Ventriloquist dies, they will not be able to post. Once Rationals die, the two will become Hitmen.

Edit: yeah, that seems stupid. i'll see what i can do.

Goremancer
January 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Wait a minute. I'm an INTP and I'm an architect? I would never take that job D: (no offence architects)
Plus the rationales? I'm already have insane. Now take out the half. Why else would I have so many blades in my room?

But nice concept tho

BorkBot
January 7th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I find it odd that the crafter can't craft anything. :p

Supervisor - Mayor, Provider - Mason Leader and Crafter - Gunsmith would make more sense, if you read the personality type descriptions.

TheWaaagh
January 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I agree with Sumi, there's no potential for the architect as an evil role. Assuming he gets two townspeople, why would they even speak? If anything, all he'll be doing is confirming people as not rational, so yeah you can throw some wifom in there if you target one of your own people, but it's not like any strategies or role-claims will occur in that chat specifically, rendering that whole thing kind of pointless.

Auckmid
January 7th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I agree with Sumi and Waaagh on how architect will be of very little use for a mafia like faction. I also think that the artisans are 1 of the town like factions, so the actress will be of limited use for them. However, the mechanics look really interesting!

BBmolla
January 8th, 2012, 01:35 AM
I actually played a game that used the myers-briggs thing at MS.

Setup details found here. (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3565412#p3565412)

Unknowingly, all Mafia were in the Rationals, but were given fake claims(That they ignored. Someone almost caught onto the fact that all scum were within rationals, but it wasn't fully realized and we lost in the end.). My role in that game was a name cop; I could determine a player's name(AKA, Inventor, Teacher, Counseler, etc.) I got lynched d1, but the setup itself was interesting.

Your setup is easily breakable by mass name claim, but that remains unconcerning every time I mention it so I guess who cares.