PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea - Necromancer

Kromos
January 7th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Name: Necromancer

Alignment: Neutral - Evil

Win Condition - Live to see the mafia and town dead. Can win with other neutrals.

Ability: Choose a target each night to re-animate. The necromancer will be given a list of 5 people, some of which will die that night. If your target dies that night he will become a zombie. You can write a note to your zombie that he will receive at the start of the day. You will be told of your zombie’s role. All roles can be re-animated, including the mafia.

The zombie will keep his role’s abilities but his new win condition is to make the Necromancer win. The zombie will share a night chat with the Necromancer and will decompose after 2 days (Dies + re-animates Night 1 -> decomposes Night 3). When a zombie decomposes, they will appear to have been killed by their original killer. They will appear as their original role in the graveyard and the town will not be told they are a zombie. Any investigation results that the zombie receives, will also be given to the Necromancer.

The zombie’s job is to do all he can to help the Necromancer to win. He has 2 nights to use his night actions to help the Necromancer and he has 2 days to influence the town into lynching people other than the Necromancer. This should be easy to do if he is already a trusted member of the town (e.g. the sheriff). He has nothing to lose by dying so he will be doing everything possible to stop the Necromancer from being lynched, even trying to get himself lynched in the Necromancer’s place.

jaczac
January 7th, 2012, 09:08 AM
me gusta
will the zombie keep his ability?

Kromos
January 7th, 2012, 09:11 AM
me gusta
will the zombie keep his ability?

Yup.

Kromos
January 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I thought I'd seen a necromancer role suggestion before and it turns out there's loads of them lol.

Ash
January 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Good but it is kind of hard to target someone that would die, lol. Unless your pro

Question: Will this be like the Ventriloquist where you control your zombie or does the other player control?

Kromos
January 7th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Good but it is kind of hard to target someone that would die, lol. Unless your pro

Question: Will this be like the Ventriloquist where you control your zombie or does the other player control?

It's not like the ventriloquist, the other player will be in full control. The necromancer and his zombies will share a night chat and they will have to work together to keep the necromancer alive.

It's true that it will be very hard to target a dead person, I'll have to think of a way around this. Maybe the necromancer will be given a list of 5 people, some of which who are going to die. He will then choose who he thinks is the most likely to die.

Goremancer
January 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
wait what about the Goremancer?

Kromos
January 8th, 2012, 04:17 AM
For those who think it's bad / needs work can you give constructive criticism on how it can be improved? Or is the role fundamentally bad?

Luna
January 8th, 2012, 06:06 AM
The main criteria with which I view new roles is "What will this add to the game? How will this change things?". Fundamentally, this role doesn't change the game much for the other players, it's a weakened Cult (and while I love Cult and know people would be happy to see it weakened, I don't think this is the right way to do that).

I think I'd prefer to have a Student in the game, or simply include two small mafia/werewolf teams.

HerrZynisch
January 9th, 2012, 04:34 PM
LOVE IT

Alexei
January 12th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I still really like this role. Luna is right about it being a weakened cult but I don't think that that is a bad thing. I think it has some interesting mechanics like the decomposing and guessing who and what role will be killed to make it a bit different. It also allows people to live on for longer than they usually would have with a new win condition, which should be fun for them.

Alexei
January 12th, 2012, 12:37 PM

Alexei
January 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well it has my vote anyway.

oops_ur_dead
January 14th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Pretty similar to an idea I posted a while back: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/196-oops_ur_dead-s-Role-Ideas?p=2614&viewfull=1#post2614

Kromos
January 15th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Pretty similar to an idea I posted a while back: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/196-oops_ur_dead-s-Role-Ideas?p=2614&viewfull=1#post2614

Yeah, it's basically the same lol