PDA

View Full Version : Is roulette actually rng tho?

Tauntshaman
May 12th, 2018, 06:00 PM
I lost ever single game to [JWG] Mr Mostache we played where we both bet 222 points.
I lost 13% of my bank that day
#PointRestore

DJarJar
May 13th, 2018, 09:27 PM
RIP

Just don't play roulette is the lesson everyone has to learn eventually

Efekannn02
May 13th, 2018, 09:52 PM
I lost ever single game to [JWG] Mr Mostache we played where we both bet 222 points.
I lost 13% of my bank that day
#PointRestore

youre gambling addicted and are complaining about it?

be a man ffs!

Marshmallow Marshall
May 13th, 2018, 11:02 PM
RIP

Just don't play roulette is the lesson everyone has to learn eventually

Exactly lol, I don't think roulette is really good. You either get 60k, which is useless, or 2k and be homeless. NO ROULETTE.

Helz
May 13th, 2018, 11:36 PM
It is and it is not. Roulette code is very basic working with the randomization SC provides. But its also a game of odds. The same as playing hands of poker you can curve your play to win you can also do so with roulette. If your looking for positive returns run high pull games and wait for those who join to play foolishly. Although their multiple pulls result in higher reward share (When threes multiple players) its less profitable to do so for reasons I wont go math nerd about.
I can personally promise nobody gets a curved advantage in roulette regardless of how many points they have or if they are staff.

SuperJack
May 14th, 2018, 03:54 AM
Arsonist I remember there being posts with stats for roulette

Mind using your forum stalking ability to find them?

Hybrid
May 14th, 2018, 05:26 AM
Roulette s not rng it s more of a like chance thing
Whenever you pull you actually increase the bullet rate by 1/7 (on a 6 pull able roulette) u already have 1 7 chance from the first shot thrn on 2nr one u vr 2 7 etc etc
U also have chance to jam the gun which s like 0.1% chance

Hybrid
May 14th, 2018, 05:27 AM
It goes like
Tour +1/amount of pulls +1
On the first pull(0th round) u get 1/7 etc etc

Hybrid
May 14th, 2018, 05:29 AM
Exactly lol, I don't think roulette is really good. You either get 60k, which is useless, or 2k and be homeless. NO ROULETTE.

That s not like that tho u can only bet a small amount of ur points
I ve approximatly 35k points mostly gained by roulette ( Acriel papa s a love) which i only can bet about 175 or so
What i mean is it s impossiblr you to lose more than 500 points in a single roulette lol

Hybrid
May 14th, 2018, 05:30 AM
I know some strats about the rouleette as well if you want may teach you

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 07:48 AM
I know some strats about the rouleette as well if you want may teach you

no, i'm just feeling extremely unlucky after losing 5 times in a role to the same person and losing 1110 points in one game

Efekannn02
May 14th, 2018, 07:52 AM
im a good roulette player too by just betting less and passing the gun asap

on 1 vs 1 situations with 2 shots i literally use potato magic

Hybrid
May 14th, 2018, 07:56 AM
no, i'm just feeling extremely unlucky after losing 5 times in a role to the same person and losing 1110 points in one game

in 6 shot roulettes, the 3rd shot is 90% is the shot btw, pull twice then pass it back to him to win easily. that sprolly how you ve lost lol

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 08:02 AM
im a good roulette player too by just betting less and passing the gun asap

on 1 vs 1 situations with 2 shots i literally use potato magic

true, 2 shots is pure rng.
but betting less means you earn less. I've had a game where there are 4 ppl each betting 1 point. in the end the unlucky guy lost 1 poin while 3 of us earned nothing.

'm trying to find a way to bet to make it the most profitable.
say, in a 4 person game where other 3 ppl are all smart&rational enough and bets 20, 40, 80 accordingly, how much should you bet?

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 08:03 AM
in 6 shot roulettes, the 3rd shot is 90% is the shot btw, pull twice then pass it back to him to win easily. that sprolly how you ve lost lol

no all fives games are 2 shots lol 1/8 chance

Hybrid
May 14th, 2018, 08:07 AM
no all fives games are 2 shots lol 1/8 chance

nah that s specific 2 for 6 shots
it s 3-4 in 7-8-9
and 5 for 10-11
7 for 13

it s getting too scary t 10+ shots so u might not wanna play those

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 08:23 AM
nah that s specific 2 for 6 shots
it s 3-4 in 7-8-9
and 5 for 10-11
7 for 13

it s getting too scary t 10+ shots so u might not wanna play those

no, i'm saying all 5 fives have only 2 shots, the outcome is determined after the first shot, it has nothing to do with 3or4or5or6...or14

yzb25
May 14th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Superstition of mine, but I coulda sworn the first pull shoots far less than it should - the game felt weighted to the last few pulls.

p;edit in general when programming languages include an "rng function", the "rng function" does NOT seem balanced XD

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Superstition of mine, but I coulda sworn the first pull shoots far less than it should - the game felt weighted to the last few pulls.

p;edit in general when programming languages include an "rng function", the "rng function" does NOT seem balanced XD

true,i was thinking that it's fake rng based on the names, points you bet, etc.

Noz_Bugz
May 14th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Gambling is a risk vs reward situation. Its all about if its worth the risk.
if risk>reward you shouldn't gamble
if risk=reward you gamble
if risk<reward you [i]should gamble
With virtual money this is how i gamble, I try to find low risk high reward gambles. However it is almost never so clear cut so if you are winning quit while you ahead and if find yourself close to winning again and again...stop before you sink more and more money in, if you think you can win you will keep spending money, that is mainly with slots but it can be applied to other gambling games as well

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Gambling is a risk vs reward situation. Its all about if its worth the risk.
if risk>reward you shouldn't gamble
if risk=reward you gamble
if risk<reward you [i]should gamble
With virtual money this is how i gamble, I try to find low risk high reward gambles. However it is almost never so clear cut so if you are winning quit while you ahead and if find yourself close to winning again and again...stop before you sink more and more money in, if you think you can win you will keep spending money, that is mainly with slots but it can be applied to other gambling games as well

problem is it seems very fair. if there is only 2 shots, then it's fair game, and the game makes sure that the 2 ppl bets the same.
i tries to make money by playing multi ppl roulette games and i managed to earn a total like 400pts, and i lost 1110 in this single game

Marshmallow Marshall
May 14th, 2018, 11:53 AM

Of course.

Suppose a game of Russian Roulette with 8 slots.

1st shot: 1/8 chance of getting bullet.
2nd shot: 1/7 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 1 because of first shot = 7 slots.
3rd shot: 1/6 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 2 because of two first shots = 6 slots.
And so on.

The nerd maths Helz didn't want to get into are basically something about the first shots getting together, to come to a probability that is rather high, which explains Hybrid's strategies.

Hybrid
May 14th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Instead of whing about it like them just risk it like me
I ve gained 10 15 k ish points from roulettes lol

Ganelon
May 14th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Sounds like you were just unlucky. You've got to 'feel' the right time to pull in order to win roulette - I'm not being sarcastic or edgy, this is something I've noticed and it is actually true.

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Of course.

2nd shot: 1/7 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 1 because of first shot = 7 slots.
3rd shot: 1/6 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 2 because of two first shots = 6 slots.
And so on.

The nerd maths Helz didn't want to get into are basically something about the first shots getting together, to come to a probability that is rather high, which explains Hybrid's strategies.

not true.

if one is the THIRD TO SHOOT (instead of third shot): 1/8 chance of getting bullet
chance of the bullet not in the first 2=6/8
chance of getting hit=1/6
chance of dying as the third guy=1/6*6/8=1/8

It is all fair until second round comes.

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Sounds like you were just unlucky. You've got to 'feel' the right time to pull in order to win roulette - I'm not being sarcastic or edgy, this is something I've noticed and it is actually true.

survivorship bias

Tauntshaman
May 14th, 2018, 03:46 PM
lol initially i posted this to discuss the code, and it turns out to be al about probablility

Marshmallow Marshall
May 14th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Instead of whing about it like them just risk it like me
I ve gained 10 15 k ish points from roulettes lol

Then you're lucky lol

Marshmallow Marshall
May 14th, 2018, 05:44 PM
lol initially i posted this to discuss the code, and it turns out to be al about probablility

There's no code problem though. That's why it's all about probabilities.

yzb25
May 15th, 2018, 02:54 AM
Of course.

And so on.

I'm not sure the way you're thinking about the probability is correct. If you add all the possibilities together, you should get 1.

But 1/8+1/7+1/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1=/=1.

1/8+1/7+1/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1/2=/=1 either.

OzyWho
May 15th, 2018, 03:07 AM
I'm not sure the way you're thinking about the probability is correct. If you add all the possibilities together, you should get 1.

In a N chamber roulette, the Nth shot will always be 100% (or "1", as you call it)

yzb25
May 15th, 2018, 03:14 AM
In a N chamber roulette, the Nth shot will always be 100% (or "1", as you call it)

When you've reached the N'th shot, the odds are 100%, yes. But at the start of the game before you know whether or not you'll reach the N'th shot, the probability that the Nth shot is chosen is not 100%. That would mean that in every game that's played the game goes to the last shot.

OzyWho
May 15th, 2018, 03:24 AM
When you've reached the N'th shot, the odds are 100%, yes. But at the start of the game before you know whether or not you'll reach the N'th shot, the probability that the Nth shot is chosen is not 100%. That would mean that in every game that's played the game goes to the last shot.

Ohhh true. I never realized he wanted calculate the odds of getting to each shot. :O

OzyWho
May 15th, 2018, 03:37 AM
the odds of getting to each shot. :O
Isn't it 1/8th for each? :D
Meaning it doesn't matter which player slot you are as long as you can divide chamber count with player count and each player has the same amount of possible shots...

Tauntshaman
May 15th, 2018, 07:42 AM
Isn't it 1/8th for each? :D
Meaning it doesn't matter which player slot you are as long as you can divide chamber count with player count and each player has the same amount of possible shots...

Right. So it's all fair game if there is n ppl with n shots. but if there are 6 shots with 4 ppl, then it becomes super unfair for the first 2 to go

Marshmallow Marshall
May 15th, 2018, 09:20 AM

Mhmmm that's true. But there's another thing that makes you lie, and I forgot to put it: gun jamming. 1% gun jamming.

Arsonist
May 15th, 2018, 09:50 AM
The roulette is basically rng only on choice of 1st player i guess.
I knew it always.

The system:

Let the roulette start with the 10 shots.

Shot 1: 1/10 chanice to die
Shot 2: 1/9 chanice to die
Shot 3: 1/8 chanice to die
Shot 8: 1/3 chanice to die
Shot 9: 1/2 chanice to die
Shot 10: Loses the game.

Also it depend on the pull count of a 1 player.

6th pull in a row - die.

The rewards calculation:

It depends on the bet and number of pulls in a row.

Pull-depend:

Pulled twice +25% to reward
Pulled 3 times, +33% to reward
Pulled 4 times, +66% to reward
Pulled 5 times, +75 to reward
Pulled 6 times, die.

Bet-depend:

Player 1 bets 10 points
Player 2 bets 15 points
Player 3 bets 100 points

Player 3 loses roulette.

15 > 10 on 50%
50:2=25

So, the player 2 gets the 25% more pts, than player 1
So, player 1 gets 25 pts and player 2 gets 75 pts.

Maximum bet:

Maximum bet is the square root of all your points.

But:
a+b+c ≥ d
When a, b, c is the other's players bet and d is your bet.

That's basically how the mechanics of roulette works.
Hopefully i helped you with that question.
Respond this message with a quote if i'm incorrect.

Tauntshaman
May 15th, 2018, 11:14 AM
That's basically how the mechanics of roulette works.
Hopefully i helped you with that question.
Respond this message with a quote if i'm incorrect.[/COLOR][/FONT]

no. we are not talking about the basic -roulette, we are talking about -roulette a b

plus your thing is wrong. if p1 bet 10 and p2 bet 15, then then should get 40:60 on p3 death.

Unknown1234
May 15th, 2018, 05:19 PM
All this can be avoided by just doing 2-person roulette, or no roulette. Simple as that.

Arsonist
May 16th, 2018, 11:37 AM
no. we are not talking about the basic -roulette, we are talking about -roulette a b

plus your thing is wrong. if p1 bet 10 and p2 bet 15, then then should get 40:60 on p3 death.

Nah, i don't played the game.