Student
Student
Student
Student
Student
Student
Student

Role Cards

Teacher: You can reveal once during the day, confirming yourself as the teacher and allowing 2 players to be lynched that day. Roles are revealed at the end of the day.

Student: You have the power of vote.

Mathematics Problem: This role has 3 different levels (roles). If you are Level 3 and get lynched you lose.
1. Polynomials Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill).
2. Integration Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's mind for the next day (Corrupted means only being able to speak 50 different random words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.)
3. Geometry Problem: Destroy a Student's or Teacher's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's or Teacher's mind for the next day. (Corrrupted [GEOMETRY LEVEL] means only being able to speak 30 different words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.) Your presence summons random simple Maths problems that if the solution is not posted by EoD a random player will suicide.
Corrupted Student: You have the power of vote. Your mind has been corrupted by Maths homework.

Win Conditions

Students Lynch the Geometry Problem.

Mathematics Problem & Corrupted Students: Make all Students and the Teacher suicide (Night Kill) or see them lynched.

Special Mechanics: Mathematics Problem & Corrupted Student transformations

The Mathematics Problem is more of a "faction role" than a "player role". This means that when the Mathematics Problem dies a random Corrupted Student will get converted to the Mathematics problem OF THE NEXT LEVEL. If a Corrupted Student is lynched the current Mathematics problem will level up. If the Mathematics Problem [LEVEL 3] is lynched there will be no more Corrupted Students so the faction will be wiped out and lose.

Mechanics

Days last 48 hours.
Nights last 24 hours.
Majority & Non-Mandatory Lynch.
Yes Last Wills & No Death Notes & No Suicides
The Mathematics Problem and the Corrupted Students share a Night Chat.

Order of Actions

0. Teacher reveals
1. Mathematics Problem Kills / Corrupts

Rules of Conduct

No OGC (out of game communication)
Insults are alright, but don't be extreme.
Don't quote PMs.
English only.
Be active. Being active also means contributing to the game. Host has total discretion about this.
Images and videos are allowed, but don't spam them.
No excessive use of unrelated posts.
Threatened, attempted, or faked gamethrows are prohibited and will result in force replace, modkill or agressive warn at the host's discretion.
Don't spam excessively

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 07:23 AM
SuperJack or whoever is supposed to review this... Ready for review! :calix:

Marshmallow Marshall
April 20th, 2018, 08:23 AM
LMAO basically scum has 2 lives before getting lynched for real. Right?

Can corrupted people vote?

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 08:27 AM
LMAO basically scum has 2 lives before getting lynched for real. Right?

Can corrupted people vote?

Yes. Also, in case Town has very bad luck Evil will advance to the next level if they don't get lynched every 2 days.

Yes.

Marshmallow Marshall
April 20th, 2018, 08:29 AM
Yes. Also, in case Town has very bad luck Evil will advance to the next level if they don't get lynched every 2 days.

Yes.

I disagree with this mechanic. If town sucks let them suck. Lol. It's already very hard for the math problem IMO.

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 08:39 AM
I disagree with this mechanic. If town sucks let them suck. Lol. It's already very hard for the math problem IMO.

Going to do something. If the Math problem gets lynched a Student will be converted at next day start. This way there won't always be a NK.

OzyWho
April 20th, 2018, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry but I fail to see what is Town supposed to do apart from lynching randomly? How can they find the math problems?

Also, in a world where the Teacher died early - 3v1 = auto win for the math problem if it was never lynched before, right?

Ganelon
April 20th, 2018, 08:47 AM
This is like Lady Gaga but even more difficult :D

Ganelon
April 20th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Yeah this setup is a little too difficult and RNG-ey-reliant in my opinion. I agree with Ozy here, I simply don't see how town could possibly win this with 10 people at game start. It might work with 15-16 or something like that, but I think town will just Lynch each other - this is basically a cult game where the cult convert at random and only upon death. Maybe change the Teacher's ability from the Marshal's Lynch to something that prevents a Math problem from converting someone that day. Maybe a day ability with two charges?

OzyWho
April 20th, 2018, 08:53 AM
What happens if level 1 or level 2 math problem targets the teacher? Neither any action nor any notification, right?

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 09:00 AM
What happens if level 1 or level 2 math problem targets the teacher? Neither any action nor any notification, right?

Exactly.

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 09:00 AM
I'm sorry but I fail to see what is Town supposed to do apart from lynching randomly? How can they find the math problems?

Also, in a world where the Teacher died early - 3v1 = auto win for the math problem if it was never lynched before, right?

Using... day talk. And less fucking Night Actions.

And they have Teacher as a trump card.

Ganelon
April 20th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Using... day talk. And less fucking Night Actions.

And they have Teacher as a trump card.

Good luck using Day talk when someone will turn scum out of nowhere, >inb4 the best and most pro-town player turns Mathematical Problem and rage quits

OzyWho
April 20th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Using... day talk.
That's the thing though.
I am rather new to FM so idk anything else than pressuring people or checking everyone's messages for possible alignments/teams.
Which is why I don't know how to find try to find someone, who is without a team, by just talking.

Can you expand your answer a little for someone new as me? :shy:

Ganelon
April 20th, 2018, 09:09 AM
That's the thing though.
I am rather new to FM so idk anything else than pressuring people or checking everyone's messages for possibly alignments/teams.
Which is why I don't know how to find try to find someone, who is without a team, by just talking.

Can you expand your answer a little for someone new as me? :shy:

He means reading people's messages and looking for possible scum slips/strategies/intention/agendas. I honestly don't see how that could possibly happen since, once the Mathematical Problem dies, whoever becomes the next Math problem will be completely RNG'd - it could be anyone in the game other than the Teacher.
Gyrlander, does the Student become the next Math Problem immediately upon the latter's Lynch or does that happen after the ensuing night?

Ganelon
April 20th, 2018, 09:10 AM
OK this was a troll post, ignore this. Sorry. lol

OzyWho
April 20th, 2018, 09:17 AM
He means reading people's messages and looking for possible scum slips/strategies/intention/agendas.
Ahh, so it's a game for pros only then. Because I remember me re-reading all of Grylander messages 3 times in the Spirits game and I he was my TOP town read.

And this game I imagine it would be even a lot harder since the one evil can just play along and not have any agenda to speak of. Would be purerly random lynching to me so I know I can't handle the level of mind game this game is about to produce.

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Yeah this setup is a little too difficult and RNG-ey-reliant in my opinion. I agree with Ozy here, I simply don't see how town could possibly win this with 10 people at game start. It might work with 15-16 or something like that, but I think town will just Lynch each other - this is basically a cult game where the cult convert at random and only upon death. Maybe change the Teacher's ability from the Marshal's Lynch to something that prevents a Math problem from converting someone that day. Maybe a day ability with two charges?

Isn't it similar to Cult saves?

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 09:22 AM
The issue I see is there is no reason for a scum to be scummy. No alignments, so what would chat reveal? everyone would be a student so there is nothing to actually be scummy over except maybe protecting yourself. even then, a scum wouldent care TOO much being lynched and losing just due to there is no1 else relying on him to win.

I see the only viable strategy for town to be is skip until the scum is lvl 3, then start looking. due to after 2 days the leads from the previos 2 days are completely null.

I think add a second scum thats constant, but now we are just replicating the gaga setup with a slighlty different mechanic....

I dunno, I just feel something is missing. You can't scumhunt without the scum having a purpose to be scummy.

Skip D1/D2 - D3 = 2 dead lvl 2 scum.

Skip D3/D4 - D5 = 4 dead lvl 3 scum

so on D5 we are now at 5v1 with a scum who dies when they are lynched. any other strategy is anti town.

Ganelon
April 20th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Isn't it similar to Cult saves?

No - in cult saves you at least have some idea of who might be converted. Strong TPRs like Jailor/Vigilante, Lookout, Coroner, Mayor, Marshall. And Citizens.

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Would you guys feel better if it were a three people scum team one being the maths problem and the other two corrupted students and if the math problem gets lynched a student becomes the next level and if a corrupted student gets lynched the current Maths problem levels up?

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Would you guys feel better if it were a three people scum team one being the maths problem and the other two corrupted students and if the math problem gets lynched a student becomes the next level and if a corrupted student gets lynched the current Maths problem levels up?

this would be good :) would give alignments to search for.

Ganelon
April 20th, 2018, 09:25 AM

That sounds like a good idea actually, maybe slightly raise the number of players to 13-14 or something.

Distorted
this would be good :) would give alignments to search for.

you could even add a "teachers pet" role, like a BG or something that takes the fall for the teacher.

Gyrlander
No - in cult saves you at least have some idea of who might be converted. Strong TPRs like Jailor/Vigilante, Lookout, Coroner, Mayor, Marshall. And Citizens.

And Lady Gaga? Hum, I mean... I understand your point but I think that with day conversation you also should be able to find scum. Imagine a 4 citizen 1 Mafia team. Would Mafia be impossible to find?

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 09:28 AM
And Lady Gaga? Hum, I mean... I understand your point but I think that with day conversation you also should be able to find scum. Imagine a 4 citizen 1 Mafia team. Would Mafia be impossible to find?

with certainty, yes. It is completely random - having played Voss' 5 person narrator a lot (3 cits 1 mayor 1 mafia) it is very very random and very little reads on it.

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Hm, I think we have a lot of the Mod influence here lol.

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Hm, I think we have a lot of the Mod influence here lol.

lol i was actually about to make a post saying

"remember you are playing with a bunch of people whom their experience with mafia is primarily the mod" =P haha

but I think the skipping to day 5 strategy is literally hte only viable strategy for town. I just see that making for a really slow game.

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Because once skipped to day 5, fingers crossed teacher is alive.

5v1 - teacher revealed

3 towns 1 scum 1 teacher with 2 lynches

50 50 shot hitting scum for the teacher =P lol

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 09:35 AM
The issue I see is there is no reason for a scum to be scummy. No alignments, so what would chat reveal? everyone would be a student so there is nothing to actually be scummy over except maybe protecting yourself. even then, a scum wouldent care TOO much being lynched and losing just due to there is no1 else relying on him to win.

I see the only viable strategy for town to be is skip until the scum is lvl 3, then start looking. due to after 2 days the leads from the previos 2 days are completely null.

I think add a second scum thats constant, but now we are just replicating the gaga setup with a slighlty different mechanic....

I dunno, I just feel something is missing. You can't scumhunt without the scum having a purpose to be scummy.

Skip D1/D2 - D3 = 2 dead lvl 2 scum.

Skip D3/D4 - D5 = 4 dead lvl 3 scum

so on D5 we are now at 5v1 with a scum who dies when they are lynched. any other strategy is anti town.

The fact of getting a scum card makes you scummy. You know you are a minority being hunted by the rest of the players and that any mistake would be fatal. The pressure on you makes you sweat and make mistakes that other players will notice.

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Because once skipped to day 5, fingers crossed teacher is alive.

5v1 - teacher revealed

3 towns 1 scum 1 teacher with 2 lynches

50 50 shot hitting scum for the teacher =P lol

or teacher can gamble further and just wait until D6, where its 4v1, teacher reveals lynches 2 people. 2/3 chacne of winning for town there.

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 09:37 AM
I'll make the faction change I mentioned earlier when I get back home for the sake of everyone feeling they are able to solve the game. And if everyone enjoys more a faction setup, who am I to question them?

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 09:39 AM
I'll make the faction change I mentioned earlier when I get back home for the sake of everyone feeling they are able to solve the game. And if everyone enjoys more a faction setup, who am I to question them?

the great cat empress?

My strategy would be push for a skip until day 5 to make the setup a Voss narrator bot setup =P (5 player)

OzyWho
April 20th, 2018, 09:43 AM
The fact of getting a scum card makes you scummy. You know you are a minority being hunted by the rest of the players and that any mistake would be fatal. The pressure on you makes you sweat and make mistakes that other players will notice.
This is true if you are Efekann, but untrue if you are Grylander. :ludicolo:

Btw, Distorted. Only a level 3 math problem can kill the Teacher. And a math problem can only level up when it gets lynched. How could a math problem be level 3 before Day5 if Town skipped all previous days? (refering to your comment on skipping to Day5 and hoping that the Teacher is still alive)

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 10:46 AM

Btw, Distorted. Only a level 3 math problem can kill the Teacher. And a math problem can only level up when it gets lynched. How could a math problem be level 3 before Day5 if Town skipped all previous days? (refering to your comment on skipping to Day5 and hoping that the Teacher is still alive)

wrong

math problems level up every 2 days regardless of lynches or kills.

Distorted
April 20th, 2018, 10:48 AM

Yes.

OzyWho

OzyWho
April 20th, 2018, 11:28 AM
touche

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 12:31 PM
touche

That has been changed. However, with the Evil Faction rework the setup will be a bit different... But not much. As I said in my other post.

Marshmallow Marshall
April 20th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Going to do something. If the Math problem gets lynched a Student will be converted at next day start. This way there won't always be a NK.

Why not make it so a Student gets converted if the Math Problem doesn't get lynched during 2 days straight? ^^

Also why is the math problem a train??? Lol

Marshmallow Marshall
April 20th, 2018, 01:08 PM

False. Efe is good :P and there was 0 pressure on gyr in the Spirits game, we gave her the game (YES HER!!!)

Stealthbomber16
April 20th, 2018, 02:28 PM
If the simple math problem is wrong, is the random suicide limited to only students or can the geometry problem suicide?

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Why not make it so a Student gets converted if the Math Problem doesn't get lynched during 2 days straight? ^^

Also why is the math problem a train??? Lol

Yeah, the Train thing is a mistake because I used Cat Empress as a template lol.

You mean converted to evil or substitutes the problem?

Gyrlander
April 20th, 2018, 03:37 PM
If the simple math problem is wrong, is the random suicide limited to only students or can the geometry problem suicide?

Mistake. Not player but Student/Teacher.

Marshmallow Marshall
April 20th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Yeah, the Train thing is a mistake because I used Cat Empress as a template lol.

You mean converted to evil or substitutes the problem?

Converted to evil. Would add some flavour.

Gyrlander
April 21st, 2018, 01:29 AM
Converted to evil. Would add some flavour.

Because then Town would have 0 chance of winning if they make any mistake. However, I'm going to change it to that faction thing. What do you think about it? Marshmallow Marshall

SuperJack
April 21st, 2018, 02:16 AM
Let me know after the discussion is complete and it's ready to be reviewed.

Note about scum hunting.
In normal games it's easy because teams are set from the start so you have the whole informed minority to hunt for the entire game, and everything from day 1 leaves information.

In normal cult games, it gets a little more difficult/different, and the way you scum hunt has to change. You are looking for inconsistents and change in behaviour, as early on your unlikely to find the leader/original. But when people get converted, their alignment and behaviour change, and you use this to scum hunt and find them, scum can't plan their plays from early game and have to evolve and adapt how to play. But there is still a scum team to hunt.

But from what I gather this game is currently a lone team the entire game, and you can't even use WiFom to guess who was converted due to random convert.
It really does evolve down to who is the best solo player. It's still possible to scum hunt, it's just close to the super duper difficult end of the spectrum.

Ganelon
April 21st, 2018, 04:58 AM
Mathematics Class

https://cdn.drawception.com/images/panels/2016/5-6/dEXTpN2gf2-15.png

Roles List

Mathematics Problem
Teacher
Student
Student
Student
Student
Student
Student
Student
Student

Role Cards

Teacher: You can reveal once during the day, confirming yourself as the teacher and allowing 2 players to be lynched that day.
If they are a Student they won't die and return the following day. Roles are revealed at the end of the day.

Student: You have the power of vote.

Mathematics Problem: You have 3 different levels (roles). You gain 1 level each time you get lynched. If you get lynched a random Student will become the next level Mathematics Problem at the start of the next day. If you are Level 3 and get lynched you lose.
1. Polynomials Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill).
2. Integration Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's mind for the next day (Corrupted means only being able to speak 50 different random words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.)
3. Geometry Problem: Destroy a Student's or Teacher's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's or Teacher's mind for the next day. (Corrrupted [GEOMETRY LEVEL] means only being able to speak 30 different words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.) Your presence summons random simple Maths problems that if the solution is not posted by EoD a random player will suicide.

Win Conditions

Students Lynch the Geometry Problem.

Trains: Make all Students and the Teacher suicide (Night Kill).

Mechanics

Days last 48 hours.
Nights last 24 hours.
Majority & Non-Mandatory Lynch.
Yes Last Wills & No Death Notes & No Suicides

Order of Actions

0. Teacher reveals
1. Mathematics Problem Kills / Corrupts

Rules of Conduct

No OGC (out of game communication)
Insults are alright, but don't be extreme.
Don't quote PMs.
English only.
Be active. Being active also means contributing to the game. Host has total discretion about this.
Images and videos are allowed, but don't spam them.
No excessive use of unrelated posts.
Threatened, attempted, or faked gamethrows are prohibited and will result in force replace, modkill or agressive warn at the host's discretion.
Don't spam excessively

One could create sort of a code by which they would still be able to meaningfully communicate. You'd have to provide such a list of words that it would be very difficult or impossible to communicate in any meaningful way.

SuperJack
April 21st, 2018, 05:31 AM
Can people stop quoting giant posts plz.

OzyWho
April 21st, 2018, 07:28 AM
Can people stop quoting giant posts plz.
I rather they learn how to click the yellow triangle called "Wrap [Spoiler] tags around selected text"

Arsonist
April 21st, 2018, 08:49 AM
I rather they learn how to click the yellow triangle called "Wrap [Spoiler] tags around selected text"

Password is WTF? HOW DID YOU GUESS THE PASSWORD?

Also, more accurate defintion where's the spoiler button:

https://i.imgur.com/rx3Aig5.png

If password doesn't work - here's the message:

I rather they learn how to click the yellow triangle called "Wrap tags around selected text"[/COLOR]

Also: "Able to speak 50 diffent random words"

There's infinity ammount of words, look what words i know:

Trecentimillitremyritrimilliduotrigintatrecentilli on,
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconsis,
lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotri mmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyp hophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleio lagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon,
pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism,
spectrophotofluorometrically,
semihemidemisemihemidemisemihemidemisemiquaver,
aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriol ic

But the longiest of them, is titin’s chemical name - it has 189.819 letters, so i wouldn't type it here.
If you want to read it, follow this link :blink1: (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/42338-Try-to-read-this-word-)?p=732243#post7322438)

EDIT: Long words divide somehow on this forum, IDK why.

Distorted
April 21st, 2018, 01:52 PM
troll post edited and removed.

Gyrlander
April 22nd, 2018, 05:35 AM
UPDATE:

Changed the Mathematics Problem Faction to be a 3 people team. They share a Night Chat. Added a Special Mechanics part to clarify how the Mathematics Problem & Corrupted Students work with each other.
Teacher ability now WILL kill Students if they are lynched.
Added 2/3 Students (can't remember)
Added Corrupted Student role. They have no special abilities.

Lemme know if you think this is better than before.

Gyrlander
April 22nd, 2018, 07:31 AM
SuperJack

Pretty sure there won't be any more big changes. Would like to hear what you have to say ^^

Arsonist
April 22nd, 2018, 07:35 AM
Tremilliamilliamilliatrecentretriginmilliamilliatr ecentretriginmilliatrecendotrigintillion (http://googology.wikia.com/wiki/Tremilliamilliamilliatrecentretriginmilliamilliatr ecentretriginmilliatrecendotrigintillion) is a mathematcical term for 109,999,999,999

Gyrlander
April 22nd, 2018, 07:37 AM
Random words will be provided by this page.

https://www.textfixer.com/tools/random-words.php

Also, the point is to make communication quite harder, NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Arsonist
April 22nd, 2018, 07:48 AM

Can this generator generate this word?

Gyrlander
April 22nd, 2018, 07:50 AM
Can this generator generate this word?

No. Now please stop asking troll questions, I don't want to spam the thread.

Arsonist
April 22nd, 2018, 07:55 AM
No. Now please stop asking troll questions, I don't want to spam the thread.

But it's a word.

Marshmallow Marshall
April 22nd, 2018, 08:13 AM
UPDATE:

Changed the Mathematics Problem Faction to be a 3 people team. They share a Night Chat. Added a Special Mechanics part to clarify how the Mathematics Problem & Corrupted Students work with each other.

YOU MONSTER, YOU KILLED 1/3 OF A STUDENT?! jk lol

This is better, yes. Something is weird though: the goal of the scum is to NIGHTKILL town? Uuuuh... lynch doesn't work?

Arsonist
April 22nd, 2018, 08:21 AM
UPDATE:

Where is 2/3 Student at role list?

Or it's a Student, played by 2/3 of a human?

Gyrlander
April 22nd, 2018, 08:25 AM
2 OR 3. Lmao.

Fixed that win condition, obviously lynches also work lol.

Arsonist
April 22nd, 2018, 08:37 AM
2 OR 3. Lmao.

Fixed that win condition, obviously lynches also work lol.

Lol i throught you meant this:
\frac{2}{3} Students

Ganelon
April 22nd, 2018, 08:59 AM

You could extremely easily make a communication system. You could order all words by length/initial character and assign them the corresponding alphabetical letter - for example, if you had the string:

Forgot lime character

You could go and say that:
Forgot - A
Lime - B
Character - C

Gyrlander
April 22nd, 2018, 09:49 AM
You could extremely easily make a communication system. You could order all words by length/initial character and assign them the corresponding alphabetical letter - for example, if you had the string:

Forgot lime character

You could go and say that:
Forgot - A
Lime - B
Character - C

Okey, good luck making 30000 words posts and not becoming a psychopath after so much repetitive work.

Ganelon
April 22nd, 2018, 10:14 AM
Okey, good luck making 30000 words posts and not becoming a psychopath after so much repetitive work.

You could have a computer program convert it to you, maybe there's something like that on the net ^^

Gyrlander
April 22nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
You could have a computer program convert it to you, maybe there's something like that on the net ^^

Then it'll be 50 words maximum per post :).

Ganelon
April 22nd, 2018, 11:29 AM
Then it'll be 50 words maximum per post :).

Ok.

SuperJack
April 25th, 2018, 02:20 PM
Approved.

Gyrlander
April 25th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Approved.

Marvelous, thank you :)