PDA

View Full Version : {Watch List} Cygx, ID: 1-S2-1-3072954 [5 Reports]

Raptorblaze
December 2nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Account Name: cygx
Account ID: 1-S2-1-3072954

Crimes Committed: Griefing (he attempted to throw the game in the second replay, but actually failed and ended up winning because no one believed him)

In-Game Name: Nino in game 1, Nappa in game 2

Summary:
Game 1: Played as jailor, claimed before game started that if he wasn't given host he'd troll the entire game. proceeded to jail execute anyone he KNEW was town, starting with the revealed mayor.

CYGX1.SC2Replay is game 1

Second game attempted to throw the game for mafia by revealing who they all were (kept screaming ME BLACK AND GRAY AREN'T MAFIA!) but failed. There was another game before these I joined where he demanded host or he would troll, upon receiving host he activated donor(to prevent repick) and proceeded to fill role list with jesters (not a crime I think, but still)causing most of the players (including me) to instantly quit, which is why I yelled at everyone to repick him when he was starting host for the second game.

CYGX2.SC2Replay is game 2

Goonswarm
December 2nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Account Name:cygx
Account ID:1-S2-1-3072954

Crimes Committed:Griefing (he attempted to throw the game in the second replay, but actually failed and ended up winning because no one believed him)

In-Game Name: Nino in game 1, Nappa in game 2
Summary:
Game1:Played as jailor, claimed before game started that if he wasn't given host he'd troll the entire game. proceeded to jail execute anyone he KNEW was town, starting with the revealed mayor.
Second game attempted to throw the game for mafia by revealing who they all were (kept screaming ME BLACK AND GRAY AREN'T MAFIA!) but failed. There was another game before these I joined where he demanded host or he would troll, upon receiving host he activated donor(to prevent repick) and proceeded to fill role list with jesters (not a crime I think, but still)causing most of the players (including me) to instantly quit, which is why I yelled at everyone to repick him when he was starting host for the second game.

CYGX1.SC2Replay is game 1
CYGX2.SC2Replay is game 2

This guy is a real fucking cunt (cygx). Approved.

Dark.Revenant
December 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
This guy has been reported on several times before for dickish things he's done. So, double-length watch list.

cygx
December 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
well hell all i can say is it's about time! it's just a shame i can't get that custom watch list tag i asked for :(

so how much does one donate or kiss ass to troll without being bothered?

Ambient
December 2nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
If he finds the watch list as a reward.. perhaps a stronger punishment should be enacted.

Raptorblaze
December 2nd, 2011, 01:39 PM
well hell all i can say is it's about time! it's just a shame i can't get that custom watch list tag i asked for :(

You aren't trolling, you're griefing. There's a difference. If you were just trolling I wouldn't report you (which is why I didn't report anything until the third game when you tried throwing it) that and trolling doesn't have a penalty.

Capitalier
December 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM

Ask Plato.
(give him like 700$ dollars)

cygx
December 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
I actually didn't throw it, it was a double bluff. It was my intention for people to think that hey maybe we're actually NOT the mafia or maybe he's just trolling to get us to think that he's lying about them being mafia.

There are multiple ways to see it, which is why to get down to t he truth you have to look at face value.

I said we were NOT mafia, not we WERE. therefore, I wasn't technically griefing.

plus, the very fact that I won acts as testament to my plan being used TO WIN.

Dark.Revenant
December 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
That's why the watchlist exists. When there is gray area and something can't be completely proven, the watchlist takes care of it.

Raptorblaze
December 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
I actually didn't throw it, it was a double bluff. It was my intention for people to think that hey maybe we're actually NOT the mafia or maybe he's just trolling to get us to think that he's lying about them being mafia.

There are multiple ways to see it, which is why to get down to t he truth you have to look at face value.

I said we were NOT mafia, not we WERE. therefore, I wasn't technically griefing.

plus, the very fact that I won acts as testament to my plan being used TO WIN.
I was laughing the whole time watching you win, since I died night 1. Besides what I reported you for wasn't gamethrowing, it was for the other griefing you had done.

Rhodikus
December 2nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
That's why the watchlist exists. When there is gray area and something can't be completely proven, the watchlist takes care of it.

Then Dark.Revenant, i request a change to the lettering of the watchlist ingame, as it says 'So and so is a KNOWN cheater' when in your exact words, they can only be suspected of cheating, Maybe change it to 'So and so is a suspected cheater' Just my two cents

Also, i played 1 game with cygx last night, he spammed the lobby chat, and trolled a little in the role making etc. but after that...he actually did play fairly so /shrug

Ash
December 2nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
people only hate cygx because of his setups, if people actually played his setups like it's supposed to be played, it would be an epic motherfucking game. oh well, bad day cygx, eh?

Raptorblaze
December 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
people only hate cygx because of his setups, if people actually played his setups like it's supposed to be played, it would be an epic motherfucking game. oh well, bad day cygx, eh?
Erm what? Somehow i doubt 1 invest 1 sk and 10 jesters would be anything except fail. I've had decent games with him before though.

Tippy
December 2nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
I love playing with cygx cause its always interesting.

cygx
December 3rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
ROFL, and here I was thinking I was unanimously hated.

I love how I have a defense set up for me without me even trying. much appreciated my d00ds, but being on the watch list doesn't really bother me.

I will say one thing though. Whatever it is people see me doing, I will not stop unless forced. I play to entertain myself and if others are entertained, that's awesome. If they're buttmad, that's their problem. This watch list is a troll medal. No one trolls mafia as good as I do. No one ever will. :D

Oh, and when I play right, I'm the best....which is more often than when I troll, but reputation of being awesome doesnt spread as far or fast as one instance of trolling. or god forbid, more than one.

Admiral
December 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
cygx mad he isn't a CHRONIC griefer?

lulz

Goremancer
December 3rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
I've played with cygx before. He's kinda cool. :3 I mean everybody gotta troll a bit some time or other.

Raptorblaze
December 3rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
I've played with cygx before. He's kinda cool. :3 I mean everybody gotta troll a bit some time or other.
Rofl he thanked me ingame for putting him on watch list, and proceeded to heal me. New friend? haha.

Direwolf
December 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Ahhh....Cygx...Sometimes I think he's awesome and sometimes i think he's an asshole. When i want to play seriously i usually think the latter opinion. Though SOMETIMES he will play the way Mafia is meant to be played. Sometimes though I get a little bored and Cygx comes in and we all have a(if everyone doesn't rage-quit at the start) jolly good time with his....unique....setups.

BluFoot
December 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Wasn't sure whether to post this in the original thread, but whatever.

Account Name: cygx
Account ID: 1-S2-1-3072954

Crimes Committed: Cheating

In-Game Name: Este D'Aquino

Summary:
He lagged the game many times on purpose so that another dead person could tell the living who the disguiser was. It didn't actually work, but it was extremely annoying and this guy is really becoming a pain in the ass pretty much every game... Please ban him.

Tasogare_Akira
December 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM
While I can't account for lag chat because it can't be seen, I can say that Patooty, 1-S2-1-2285782, was seen right before red was lynched, saying that "Red is 100% mafia" as disguiser. Unsure if he was supporting lag chat, or if this was him trying to gamethrow/troll. I do know that the disguiser was trying to give the GF away.

On the case of Cygx, at 19:50, Este D'Aquino (Cygx) is seen in death chat saying, "teal im gonna open up a lag box, tell them teal is disguised". Continuing on, you can see that cygx is guilty as poo, rallying the dead to tell everyone in his place that Ballsack, cygx's former persona, is the disguiser. Possible grudge against killing him nearly immediately as doctor? I dunno. But it only happened after the rest of the mafia were killed, so he was trying to force a town win. I confirm cheating. Repeat offender, I believe. I'll let you guys handle this.

cygx
December 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
nigga plz. trying to pass as me and succeeding? that's insulting. i couldn't sit there and do nothing, that was painful to watch.

Ash
December 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Edit: nevermind i didnt read page one lol im a phail, i wish i can delete this post but i cant sadly.
my post befoer it was editted was crap so if i find anything useful to say it'll be in this post.

Goonswarm
December 11th, 2011, 04:24 PM
*Takes out Mafia rule book*

Rule number 1. REPLAY OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN, I believe even if you are a keeper or not there should be a replay for confirmation.

Even mods have to post replays. We also never approve our own.

Ash
December 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Even mods have to post replays. We also never approve our own.

my bad, i didnt realise there was a page one, i thought this was page one for some reason

Joshonator
January 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Account Name:cygx
Account ID:1-s2-1-307-2954

Crimes Committed:CHEATING

In-Game Name:(blank) (optional)
Summary:This guy was a jailer and he jailed me and others and asked us to read role cards. He showed no remorse when I pointed out that this is foul play. I made an account here for the sole purpose of reporting this guy.

Goonswarm
January 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
On mobile phone when I get home I will check this out. Sole reason is cygx wants to become a moderator, however if there is a history of negative reports, that will not be possibru.

Goonswarm
January 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Approved, cygx asks 3 people to read role cards when it blatantly says do not do that on the load screen. All 3 of the victims tell him that is cheating.

Recommend Watch List.

cygx
January 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'd just like to know where it says that's cheating in the table of crimes and punishments. The message in the start screen is an implication that the move is in bad taste, perhaps VERY bad taste, but it's still not technically cheating.

Admiral
January 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
^ Technically that IS true.

cygx
January 6th, 2012, 07:48 PM
and thus am I appealing this. I've broken no rules. I play mafia to win in every way possible within bounds of the rules. No matter how cheap, if it's not ILLEGAL, I'll do it. In this case it didn't even get very far because of everyone's refusal to conform to my standards. Whatever, get mad, no biggy. Accuse me of doing something against the rules because of the majority's interpretation of a comment on the startup screen is that it's illegal even when it technically still is not? That's an appealin'.

Again, no rules were broken.

Powers
January 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Cygx you have been a member of SC2Mafia since September, want to be a Moderator, and yet, you don't know that what you do is against the Mafia rules? Don't believe that for a second. You knew it. I watched the replay and you should get punished for it.

Powers
January 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
3:03 in the game, on the first night Cygx asks Precious, the person he jailed, to read the first line of his card.

Precious: I'm going to report you
Jailor: It's not illegal
Preciious: role card reading is scummy
Jailor: it's looked down upon
Precious: Says so
Jailor: not against the rules"

Forgive me, but arn't mod of Mafia suppose to upkeep the rules and enforce fair gameplay, due to the fact that they represent the game itself. Now Gygx is apping to be a Mod... a symbol of the game... and he's doing something that he says "is looked down upon."

If anything, I think Cygx should never again be even considered for a Mod position as he is harming the game. Plus, "i have a donor save" what is a donor save? Oh ya, its nothing, but a donor who has a saved game but is trying to use the fact that he is a "donor" to up his in game status and seem higher then he is. Fail. We donate to support the game, to help it, not to seem better then the other players.

Ice52berg
January 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Crime: Cheating
Cheating is using methods unintended by the game (such as abusing Skype) to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Having a player read a role card is gaining using a method to gain an unfair advantage. It could easily have a newb mafia player fail just because he is trying to look up a lie. This is not how the game is meant to be played. This is against the rules and if a MOD was in that game, you would have been booted. It's happened before. Enjoy your watch list, this isn't going to be overturned.

Powers
January 6th, 2012, 08:36 PM
8:02 in the game

"be ready to read your card when you're in jail, i don't give a fu uk if you don't like me"

Yup. this guy is sure classy all right. Sure is moderator material =S.

cygx
January 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM
yeah, of course I'm bound to get haters. whatever, fuck em. From my perspective I'm using whatever means I may that are not CLEAR CUT IN STONE ILLEGAL. Ice you bring up a good point but it's still open to interpretation. One can see from my point of view that I'm a jailor and I'm jailing someone, now I have an opportunity to see if they are clean or not. Their options are clearly not to give me their card or they are evil. As seen in the replay, the good guys revolted, thus proving that this "cheating" as you call it isn't that at all as it doesn't provide a 100% means to find role. There are always revolters, and then there are people like me who memorize cards for these certain situations.

The noobs? Well this is how noobs learn what to do. Not that hard. There are ways around this method that are very simple, just like any other method to find roles. The noobs not knowing the method and it thus being unfair is not a valid argument because you could say that for any tactic a noob might not know.

GG.

Powers
January 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM
yeah, of course I'm bound to get haters. whatever, fuck em. From my perspective I'm using whatever means I may that are not CLEAR CUT IN STONE ILLEGAL. Ice you bring up a good point but it's still open to interpretation. One can see from my point of view that I'm a jailor and I'm jailing someone, now I have an opportunity to see if they are clean or not. Their options are clearly not to give me their card or they are evil. As seen in the replay, the good guys revolted, thus proving that this "cheating" as you call it isn't that at all as it doesn't provide a 100% means to find role. There are always revolters, and then there are people like me who memorize cards for these certain situations.

The noobs? Well this is how noobs learn what to do. Not that hard. There are ways around this method that are very simple, just like any other method to find roles. The noobs not knowing the method and it thus being unfair is not a valid argument because you could say that for any tactic a noob might not know.

GG.

Again, classy guy. LOL full of himself much?

cygx
January 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Oh and powers, you're talking as if I'm supposed to set an example if i want to be a mod. I hate to break this to you, but mafia isn't a cushy cushy game. It's cutthroat and you are sometimes encouraged, oftentimes required to take the "i don't care how much people hate me, i'm in this for myself and my team and i'll do whatever it takes to win it" approach. For me that's what makes Mafia fun.

It's all part of the game. On that end I think I'm setting a pretty good example. :)

Dark.Revenant
January 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Well I'm setting precedent here that making people read role cards is a form of light cheating. Not on the level of skype, but still bad.

jaczac
January 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM
THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!!!

*bows*

cygx
January 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Right then, I still did it before you made that clear. :) I believe this was my point. Now that it's clear, I won't do it anymore.

Wouldn't hurt to put it in the table.

Now that it's straightened out, why am I still on the watch list? I'm many things, but a deliberate cheater? No. I preferred the griefer title.

Powers
January 6th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Oh and powers, you're talking as if I'm supposed to set an example if i want to be a mod. I hate to break this to you, but mafia isn't a cushy cushy game. It's cutthroat and you are sometimes encouraged, oftentimes required to take the "i don't care how much people hate me, i'm in this for myself and my team and i'll do whatever it takes to win it" approach. For me that's what makes Mafia fun.

It's all part of the game. On that end I think I'm setting a pretty good example. :)

There is cutthroat game play....... and then there is being a douche..... you were being the latter. I have no respect for people like you.

cygx
January 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Powers, that's the second time you've dismissed me with a small statement. I even gave you the respect of a multiple line paragraph.

Funny how you accused me of being full of myself. That's hilarious. I'm a speck of dirt. I am nothing. Despite this I can come up with more intelligible responses than you.

Go ahead, say I'm not worth it. You know how that'll look on you.

Dare I post the log of the chat.

Edit: think i will (truncated to pertinent context of course)

Kevinpowers: Cygx I only know you from you being reported and watching your roleplay. Its funny how much you love yourself. Good job screwing over any future Moderator position thou. That was well done.
You: powers, it seems you just arrived, and your only purpose is to convict
you haven't even given the game breathing room for yourself yet
Kevinpowers: i just arrive to the forums, not to the game of mafia. But nice try thinking you know me.
You: ysosrs?
no, really
You: i've been wondering that since you popped out of nowhere
captain snitcheroo and i'm gonna backup the snitcherooskies
You: here you are someone i've never heard of trash talking me
Kevinpowers: and cygx is now added to my ignore list. To see how much of a douche this loser kid is, go to SC2mafia.com forums and take a look under report. Watch the replay of the guy who reported him and choose to watch Cygx. You'll laugh at how pathetic this guy is
You: wanna know the funny thing guys?
You: you go to that very threadk, you will see him making a comment of me being full of myself
now THAT is amusing
Kevinpowers: needs to get a life, is not misunderstood
You: powers won't last very long here lol
look how quickly he gave up on trashing my defense

Certain
January 6th, 2012, 10:39 PM
cygx likes to act scummy, but I wouldn't punish as precedent. I never read role cards myself, and always love to lynch those who do on the theory that they're liars.

Powers
January 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Hey! Look what I can do!

cygx: I like touching myself and thinking about young boys. Oh how I love young boys. Hubba hubba hubba.

Because I pasted it like this, it just HAS to be true..... or not.

Cygx, next time you want to troll someone, might i suggest taking a screen shot? He said, she said is no proof unless you have evidence. Like the replay that was posted against you. This may be a difficult concept for you to handle Cygx, but if you scroll up and actually READ the posts I made talking about you, you will see exactly why I think you are a pathetic no life cyber bully. Try reading before assuming I give you a small dismissive response. =) Owned. The only true part of that script you said I typed is that you are indeed blocked.

Ta Ta.

cygx
January 7th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Like people actually would like looking around 6 screenshots of everyone else talking just to see something that frankly I thought was mundane. Speaking of which, it was certainly nothing worth you making a coverup of me fabricating? Really?

Just for what it's worth, Necroplant, Archangel, FYRE and a few others (this new GummyBear guy) were all there when you said everything up there. Again, none of it is all too incriminating so I don't see why you'd go about trying to deny it. All it does is demonstrate your use of doubletalk. Speaking of which...

Now you're throwing "cyber bully" at me. You'd be the first one to call me anything of the sort around here...but that's beside the point. Have you even considered the context of your comments compared to mine before you even said that?

This is the second time your doubletalk fails, but thanks for showing everyone by demonstrating it firsthand. Now my previous post is no longer necessary.

Edit: Congrats on derailing the topic.

Anyway, as stated by Rev in this very thread, the precedent has JUST been set, thus confirming that it was NOT set before, thus making my actions not cheating. If I were to from this point on, then yes it is cheating. Considering this, I don't see why I should still be on the watch list, regardless what anyone thinks. It's now clear that no rules were technically broken at that time.

nebffa
January 7th, 2012, 07:47 AM
This isn't the judicial system - I think if this guy wants to deliberately stretch the rules to the max and not play the game as it's designed he shouldn't be playing, because he clearly isn't playing the mafia we all are.

cygx
January 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mafia designed at its very core so that players feel compelled to get a step up over their opponents in any way they can? At its very essence it is a game of lies vs proof. Can't find proof? Make a lie and make it believable. Not good at that? Get better. If that means memorizing a particular role card and afterwards acting that part out, do it. It's not hard. That's just part of the game.

It's actually the very challenge of being able to one-up your opponent in this regard using ANY MEANS WITHIN BOUNDS OF THE RULES that gives the game its replay value, and in my opinion, it's those who are able to push the rules to the limit without breaking them who provide the best challenge. That's the mafia I play. It seems the mafia you perceive lacks this challenge.

Aerodiction
January 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mafia designed at its very core so that players feel compelled to get a step up over their opponents in any way they can? At its very essence it is a game of lies vs proof. Can't find proof? Make a lie and make it believable. Not good at that? Get better. If that means memorizing a particular role card and afterwards acting that part out, do it. It's not hard. That's just part of the game.

It's actually the very challenge of being able to one-up your opponent in this regard using ANY MEANS WITHIN BOUNDS OF THE RULES that gives the game its replay value, and in my opinion, it's those who are able to push the rules to the limit without breaking them who provide the best challenge. That's the mafia I play. It seems the mafia you perceive lacks this challenge.

This is something I actually agree with. Back when people were less uptight about everything, I've seen some people just yell out a town role card and get away with it. I thought it was pretty amazing given the fact that it was almost word for word.

cygx
January 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Bump, seeing that there hasn't been an approve/deny

jaczac
January 8th, 2012, 06:27 AM
its been approved, idiot

cygx
January 8th, 2012, 06:46 AM
nope, still on the watch list!

Powers
January 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Just for what it's worth, Necroplant, Archangel, FYRE and a few others (this new GummyBear guy) were all there when you said everything up there.

You mean all those people who I have blocked and have beef with for cheating/gamethrowing/wrecking games? Ya, nice witnesses. Those guys, each one of them, sure are trustworthy. I stand by the Cygx is an idiot remark that's above this. Idiot.

Admiral
January 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM
You mean all those people who I have blocked and have beef with for cheating/gamethrowing/wrecking games? Ya, nice witnesses. Those guys, each one of them, sure are trustworthy. I stand by the Cygx is an idiot remark that's above this. Idiot.

You believed I was a mod.

Not saying you're an idiot but...

Necrolord
January 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
http://imgur.com/oNw1I

Testing to see if image displays. Kevin's a fag.

cygx
January 9th, 2012, 04:44 AM
this thread kinda died. I'd say let it die, it's already been almost a week anyway and I made my point so fuck it.

Necrolord
January 9th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Good thing you're only on watchlist. Uptight prick reporting niggers ruin the fun for everyone.

Also, this time I get to test out my new signature :)

Archangel69
January 9th, 2012, 06:07 AM
That's nothing, I've been in games with 6 kickvote listers.

Joshonator
January 9th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I'd like to thank the mods for taking this seriously as it's people like this who ruin the fun.

cygx
January 9th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'd like to thank the mods for taking this seriously as it's WHINY SUCKUP FAGS LIKE ME who ruin the fun.

Why I'd have to agree with that!

HerrZynisch
January 9th, 2012, 03:09 PM
On a side note considering that Dark wants the player base to be nice an courteous to each other (within terms of mafia of course) it becomes rather apparent that people who intentionally preform action that are looked down upon deserve to be punished in some way, for example in League of Legends being generally mean and doing actions that were looked down upon got the player a ban. If you looked more towards the future, LOL has the tribunal which sets the standards for accepted game play and hands out bans that the players votes on for people who are generally unfair to other players

cygx
January 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
On a side note considering that Dark wants the player base to be nice an courteous to each other (within terms of mafia of course) it becomes rather apparent that people who intentionally preform action that are looked down upon deserve to be punished in some way, for example in League of Legends being generally mean and doing actions that were looked down upon got the player a ban. If you looked more towards the future, LOL has the tribunal which sets the standards for accepted game play and hands out bans that the players votes on for people who are generally unfair to other players

alright, now what about that thing that's looked down upon called advertising other games? shouldn't that be punishable too? :P

Powers
January 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Why I'd have to agree with that!

And the award for "That Which Has No Life Or Friends" goes to....... CYGX! Keep trolling. Know that's all you have going for you and being an attention whore that you are, since you don't get it in real life, keep it up.

cygx
January 9th, 2012, 04:44 PM
and more misdirection from Powers, this time with an "attention whore" comment. You really have this doublethink thing down to an art, don't you? Alright, you win dear. I feel kinda bad for you.

HerrZynisch
January 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
alright, now what about that thing that's looked down upon called advertising other games? shouldn't that be punishable too? :P

actually i quit LOL because I hate almost all aspects of the game, not advertising just making a comparison. Instead of trying to defend your actions which the mods and admins have already said are bad, just admit that you did something wrong instead of whining on the forums

Please read my quote, i dont want to hear your bs excuses

Ash
January 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM
What's the point...
If you're jailor and you're making them read role card and let's say the person does not read and jailor lets them go anyways, it shouldn't be against rules unless you actually execute.

HerrZynisch
January 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
What's the point...
If you're jailor and you're making them read role card and let's say the person does not read and jailor lets them go anyways, it shouldn't be against rules unless you actually execute.

only issue is that he executed

Raptorblaze
January 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Right then, I still did it before you made that clear. :) I believe this was my point. Now that it's clear, I won't do it anymore.

Wouldn't hurt to put it in the table.

Now that it's straightened out, why am I still on the watch list? I'm many things, but a deliberate cheater? No. I preferred the griefer title.
There was an entire thread where the mods fairly plainly stated they considered it cheating. This is not anything new.

cygx
January 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
actually i quit LOL because I hate almost all aspects of the game, not advertising just making a comparison. Instead of trying to defend your actions which the mods and admins have already said are bad, just admit that you did something wrong instead of whining on the forums

Please read my quote, i dont want to hear your bs excuses

whoa whoa, no reason to get pissed off. i was poking fun at you. anyway, i read your quote and all i can tell is that it applies to my perspective more than that of the nay sayers.

As it is: It's against the rules
As it should be: not against the rules, for reasons I explained.

Now before you go any farther I know I'm outvoted in this regard, there's no need for you to remind me. I know it's not gonna happen, there's no need for you to remind me of that either.

Raptorblaze
January 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM
whoa whoa, no reason to get pissed off. i was poking fun at you. anyway, i read your quote and all i can tell is that it applies to my perspective more than that of the nay sayers.

As it is: It's against the rules
As it should be: not against the rules, for reasons I explained.

Now before you go any farther I know I'm outvoted in this regard, there's no need for you to remind me. I know it's not gonna happen, there's no need for you to remind me of that either.

The whole point of not asking players to read their role card is that it creates a bad atmosphere for new players who would be at an unnecessary disadvantage by basically being required to memorize every role card in order to function effectively.

It's just a stupid ass metagame to try and instill on the public, and we decided a long time ago that we didn't want it to ever take hold. Because, I for one, do not want to spend the time memorizing them myself.

So yeah, I usually inform the player that reading role cards is not an acceptable style of play. Jailors that don't accept my warning are kicked when they die, normal lynch stuff is usually balanced out by the player base on it's own.

Your arguments are irrelevant, the mods consider it bad therefore it is. It should also be fairly obvious they don't like it. /end troll feeding
If you really do want to be a mod disagreeing with them about this topic is probably not the best idea, considering some of them seem to feel fairly strong about it.

cygx
January 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Raptor, it's done. I've already been appealed, apparently. :)

Joshonator
January 9th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I'm getting the feeling that the point has not quite been made here.

I have been playing Mafia games on-line since '07 and I've played hundreds of games in a number of different locations, but there has been one characteristic common to all games I've played in: Quoting role emails/messages is always prohibited. In fact some hosts have worded the roles completely differently for each player so that if the players tried to quote it, it will not be recognized by the other players.

Quoted from mafiascum (the largest website dedicated to mafia):

Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is usually ok.

This offence goes beyond "being cheap" or "stretching the rules to the limit" in my opinion. I would rate this as being pretty much equivalent to game throwing. It should definitely be against the rules. You would think that the statement above the loading bar would be enough, but it seems that there are players still doing it nonetheless.

The current system seems fine for the time being, but if it becomes a bigger problem, or if the makers wish to improve their map, I have included possible solutions.

What the players can do: Do not ask others to read role cards. Refuse to read your role card no-matter the cost.
What the makers can do: I have a number of ideas.
1.State that it is against the rules in the loading screen.
2.Randomize the words used in role card - I know this would be extremely difficult to do, as I have designed scenarios in other games before.
3.Punish offenders more sternly

It really is a shame that some players cannot simply enjoy a fair and challenging game.
I would also like to thank all of those involved in the design of the map and upkeep of these forums. I have seen people try to create a successful mafia system and fail. But this version has exceeded my expectations.

HerrZynisch
January 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm getting the feeling that the point has not quite been made here.

I have been playing Mafia games on-line since '07 and I've played hundreds of games in a number of different locations, but there has been one characteristic common to all games I've played in: Quoting role emails/messages is always prohibited. In fact some hosts have worded the roles completely differently for each player so that if the players tried to quote it, it will not be recognized by the other players.

Quoted from mafiascum (the largest website dedicated to mafia):

This offence goes beyond "being cheap" or "stretching the rules to the limit" in my opinion. I would rate this as being pretty much equivalent to game throwing. It should definitely be against the rules. You would think that the statement above the loading bar would be enough, but it seems that there are players still doing it nonetheless.

The current system seems fine for the time being, but if it becomes a bigger problem, or if the makers wish to improve their map, I have included possible solutions.

What the players can do: Do not ask others to read role cards. Refuse to read your role card no-matter the cost.
What the makers can do: I have a number of ideas.
1.State that it is against the rules in the loading screen.
2.Randomize the words used in role card - I know this would be extremely difficult to do, as I have designed scenarios in other games before.
3.Punish offenders more sternly

It really is a shame that some players cannot simply enjoy a fair and challenging game.
I would also like to thank all of those involved in the design of the map and upkeep of these forums. I have seen people try to create a successful mafia system and fail. But this version has exceeded my expectations.

Dark rev has said in a post that it is now against the rules a lesser offence than skype cheating, here is a adapted quote from an officer chat "--------------: According to Rev / the rules sticky, it is a light form of cheating"

Necrolord
January 10th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I guess I'll have to read the rules page again. Must tread carefully when kevinpowers is online. He's the omega of all snitches. He'll snitch on you even if you haven't done anything wrong.

Raptorblaze
January 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I guess I'll have to read the rules page again. Must tread carefully when kevinpowers is online. He's the omega of all snitches. He'll snitch on you even if you haven't done anything wrong.
I think they call that a framer.

cygx
January 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Guys, this is done. I've been cleared. Please close this. We're not having dick measuring contests in my name.

DramaLlama
January 11th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I think (may be wrong) that I was the first one jailed
in game name precious Gamertag: Dramallama
I will download the replay and watch it when I get home today

if that is me:
Looking back I don't think he cheated and I refused to read my role card on a basis of principle ANDDDDDDD
the fact that I just wanted to roulette.

--
A self admitted troll :0

Raptorblaze
January 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Guys, this is done. I've been cleared. Please close this. We're not having dick measuring contests in my name.
We'll have e-penis competitions in your name if we damn well feel like it.

Ambient
January 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Merged guilty reports.

Also, the reports forum is for Reports and Appeals. Cut out the crap or I will remove it.