PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Role Bug

Logante
June 2nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
I was playing a round as a Doctor. There was another doctor (non-random) but he was killed. All that was left in town was two advanced towns and one basic town. Two spies died, so that covered advanced towns, and the other basic town was an investigator. Someone was claiming he was a doctor, so naturally I showed the evidence that it was impossible, so we lynched him. However, after dying, he ended up being a doctor, and shortly afterwards the Town lost by one vote (our investigator was a troll helping the mafia).

Figured I would give you a heads up. I'm not sure how it happened, but it did.

Dark.Revenant
June 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
It would help if I knew the whole setup and what everyone's roles were at the end. For example, that Investigator could have been a Consigliere, there could be something you missed, etc.

I could not find an error in the random algorithm that would cause this.

FalseTruth
June 2nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
You should definitely attach a replay. You may have overlooked an exclusion of some random roles in the settings.

Logante
June 2nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
You should definitely attach a replay. You may have overlooked an exclusion of some random roles in the settings.

Unfortunately I do not have one, and I know it was an investigator because the game ended. I'll do that next time it comes up.