PDA

View Full Version : 2 on 2 Tiebreaker failed to execute

DJarJar
January 23rd, 2018, 08:35 PM
According to http://sc2mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanics
If there is a 2 on 2 tie like the one we had in our game (2 town, 1 auditor, 1 scumbag), town will win the tie if nobody has been lynched at the end of the "special ballot" day. (auditor and scumbag are separate factions).

Even if i interpreted that wrong and the neuts should win, nobody ever won this game. Not until it froze (which i assume is an unrelated bug that just happens sometimes on trial after a long game).

Is the game not supposed to be automatically decided after the stalemate day where votes become anonymous and it literally says in red "if nobody is killed the game will end"?

Marshmallow Marshall
January 23rd, 2018, 09:23 PM
According to http://sc2mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanics
If there is a 2 on 2 tie like the one we had in our game (2 town, 1 auditor, 1 scumbag), town will win the tie if nobody has been lynched at the end of the "special ballot" day. (auditor and scumbag are separate factions).

Even if i interpreted that wrong and the neuts should win, nobody ever won this game. Not until it froze (which i assume is an unrelated bug that just happens sometimes on trial after a long game).

Is the game not supposed to be automatically decided after the stalemate day where votes become anonymous and it literally says in red "if nobody is killed the game will end"?

The game will "end" means the vote mode switches to anon ballot.

DJarJar
January 24th, 2018, 07:26 PM
The game will "end" means the vote mode switches to anon ballot.

Then why does the wiki claim there are tiebreakers for 2 v 2 etc ?

Marshmallow Marshall
January 24th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Then why does the wiki claim there are tiebreakers for 2 v 2 etc ?

Because wiki lies. That's the conclusion I've came to after seeing the same thing... lol.

Elixir
January 24th, 2018, 08:14 PM
The game should end after the anon ballot day if it didn't and it the camera just froze looking at a player theres an issue.

I'd have to check the replay out (which I cant do presently) but I do remember an issue with a stacking trigger check after like day 10 which made some attempts to get the marathon achievement just flat out not work.

DJarJar
January 25th, 2018, 04:55 PM
The game should end after the anon ballot day if it didn't and it the camera just froze looking at a player theres an issue.

I'd have to check the replay out (which I cant do presently) but I do remember an issue with a stacking trigger check after like day 10 which made some attempts to get the marathon achievement just flat out not work.

The game continued on for like 4 more Anonymous ballot days before finally freezing during one of the ballots