PDA

View Full Version : {KickVote List} Shoos, ID: 1-S2-1-2431870; Pudson, ID: 1-S2-1-1670271 [4 Reports]

TheSage
December 24th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Account Name: Shoos
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2431870

Account Name: Pudson
Account ID: 1-S2-1-1670271

Crimes Committed: Cheating

In-Game Names: Shoos (Ser Jaime Lanister), Pudson (Tywin Lanister)

Summary: So clearly as you can see, they're already Friends playing together. In-Game, Shoos (Doctor) constantly healed his buddy, while Pudson (Investigator) fed all his information via Party Chat/Skype to Shoos who then claimed that he had information and announced it to the Town. Shortly after revealing that I (The White Knight) was Sheriff, I died at night seeing that he didn't heal. Although I was an obvious target and nobody had revealed an investigative role.

Shortly after, in Death Chat he admits to knowing that Pudson is an Investigator although he didn't announce it in PM or Ingame chat. Upon asking if he's in a party chat, he denies it. Then Pudson gets put on the stand on the last Day and admits that he fed leads to Teal, although they never PMed ingame. Shortly after the game ended, Shoos admitted to cheating with Pudson.

I sadly don't know how to take screenshots in SC2, so if someone could explain, I'll gladly take some and edit them for more clearer evidence. But I do have a replay. Thanks. :)

TheSage
December 28th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Zzzzz

Yayap
December 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
sorry to keep you waiting. We've had many reports to review.

Review in progress.

Yayap
December 29th, 2011, 02:08 PM
No doubt about it. Obvious Skype cheating.

TheSage
December 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the response Yapyap. Much appreciated.

Ambient
January 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Note: This replay is used in multiple reports.

This is the second recent offense on these two players. However they also have two unofficial reports in the past.
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/2803-Ventriloers-names-1Shoos-2Pudson?highlight=shoos
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/1258-Admitted-VENT-cheaters.?highlight=shoos

Crimes: Cheating/Game Throwing

Crimes: Cheating

Summary: After the game Starts blue immediately reveals he is Godfather. Pudson (doctor) calls out yellow as Blackmailer. Shoos was consig and obviously leaked the information to Pudson. Purple admits to being mafia, and all mafia are lynched or suicide.

They appear to be trying to get on kick vote.

Tasogare_Akira
January 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Approved. D2 doc reveal of blackmailer... IMPOSSIBIRU.

Ambient
January 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
They have recently been placed on watch list. I suggest upgrading them to KV.

This report will be merged after your ruling.

Tasogare_Akira
January 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Role: Doctor

Role: investigator

Crimes Committed: Skype cheating, deathchat revealing

In-Game Name: KaSkingo ManJensen, Jabrone Labloney
Summary: I let them play, despite being on KV list. about fifteen minutes in, two people in death chat reveal that Fat Tony was gf. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but shoos was dead. Immediately next night, the invest, who had not invested yet, writes in his Last Will "Fat tony is gf" then invests him. I believe this to be a clear case of deathchat reveal cheating. I did hit people with lightning.
Attaching screenshots.

Ambient
January 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
This is third offense of this party.

Ambient
January 10th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Review in-progress.

Ambient
January 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Shoos only heals Pudson. He is shot by a vigilante Night 2.

Well, I believe they were probably communicating outside the game. Due to the healing. The knowledge of who the godfather was may of been taken down to process if elimination. Since a known jailor and vigilante was still alive. However, they have been reported 3x now and their behavior in game suggests that this time was probably no different.

Image of them framing other people as themselves..

Dark.Revenant
January 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Kickvote listed for three weeks.

Ambient
January 16th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Merged multiple reports.

BubbaRubbie
February 23rd, 2012, 10:34 PM

In-Game Name: Sailor Venus
Summary: At the end of game. the two fixed the goet so the arson(Shoos) would win

In-Game Name: Jean Ralphio
Summary: At the end of game. the two fixed the goet so the arson(Shoos) would win.

Both displayed as chronic cheaters. again sry is this is wrong place

Menautor
February 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Clear case of game throwing. Mafia had this win easy. Mafioso helps Arsonist to win and even admits to it in his comments in game.
At the start of the game, there is a pop up warning; WATCH LIST (Shoos&Pudson) is a confirmed chronic cheater.
The anomaly I found was in the –alist. Shoos only has one game to is credit. Seems odd for someone already on the watch list. Other than that, guilty as charged.
I recommend this case to be taken further for appropriate actions.

Ambient
February 29th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Repeat offenders.

Recommendation 4x KV

shoos
March 2nd, 2012, 05:37 AM
I've gone from the watch list to the kick list, back to the watch list and now on the kick list again. I can't account for Pudson, (whom I do play with) but I do not cheat, never have cheated, and I don't understand how you can add people to this list off of one person's hearsay. Just because I troll when I win or know a mod is in the game doesn't make me a cheater. I can go out in public and say I've committed murder but the police wouldn't lock me up without an investigation that involves the accuser AND the accused. I shouldn't get kicked out of all future games because i felt like trolling in the past. And even if there is evidence of Pudson gamethrowing, why would that get me added back on to the kick list for being a chronic cheater?

Furthermore, if I was added on the kick list before by simply trolling a moderator in-game (for fun), what caused me to later be taken off the kick list? I'm flat out denying cheating, game throwing and anything else these haters throw at me. People get so hyped on that stuff nowadays that when random chance makes things go your way, when you were already on a watch list for being a jackass and not really cheating.. OF COURSE people will think you're cheating! Sure I might be asking to be reported by trying to piss people off saying "HAHA WE GOT YOU! WE'RE ALL CHEATING THERE ARE 10 OF US WE'RE ON VENT/SKYPE/XBOX/THE PHONE/AOL CHAT!!" but I didn't actually think anyone would take a TROLL so seriously, or that the people running this game would throw players on these lists when you just have ONE butthurt player who lost go run on the forum.

To top it off, I play mafia almost every single freakin day, and I have been for the past YEAR. Just because I'm not a forum goon doesn't mean I'm not a supporter of the game. I enjoy a good original setup, and a game without trolls and game throwers. But I also don't mind if those people are in the game because there are always assholes and I can troll right along with them. SO why the hell am I the one getting reported for all this crap? Maybe I am trolling too much when I win, and/or playing too much.. so people remember me. Especially because I'm on this freaking watch list though. Stop branding people without proof. I almost stopped playing mafia completely last time I was on the kick list because I could almost never stay in a single game. This isn't fair and It's bs to begin with. WHERE IS MY TRIAL I WANT TO PLAY MAFIA AND NOT GET KICKED OUT OR HAVE EVERYONE THINK IM CHEATING WHEN THE GAME STARTS!

shoos
March 2nd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Only have one game on my account cuz it's on a new computer. Also Pudson and I play together a lot. we'll be in a party and join Mafia together. THAT'S IT. There are people out there making huge premade lobbies but no one calls that cheating. So how come if it's just one other person, everyone assumes they are game throwing? That's a load of crap. It's so easy for two people to figure out who each other is just based of the things you say in-game or based off names. It has nothing to do with roles or decisions to be made once the game starts so why do people report us so much? Because they think they have proof we are cheating from the moment the game starts! If two people on the watch list join a game together, do you know how hard it is to play a full game of mafia? WE AREN'T EVEN CHEATING IN ANY WAY, AND WE NEVER HAVE! I can't speak for Pudson really, but why do I have to join every game and have people quit and leave early or try to kick me (basically ruining the game for everyone else) just because I've been wrongly accused and branded in-game?

With every feature you implemented with the whole watch/kick/ban lists you added in the game, while you added benefits on one side, on the other side left room abuse and neglect. Ruling from the website, completely apart from the game you're ruling, takes you away from not only what you're here for, but the incident itself leaving you with nothing to go off of but a rumor. Who is to say that rumor isn't just that, a rumor, started by an angry player who lost a game and had it rubbed in his face by some jerk named "Justin Bieber" saying "oh baby baby i cheated that whole game U MAD BRO???" at the end.

I might sound dramatic here, but you can't leave the (playing) fate of a player in the hands of this fractured in-game/out-of-game bureaucracy, tattle-tale system.

shoos
March 2nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
To sum it up, there are a ton of jackasses and trolls playing mafia. I try to not be one of them. But I am one of them occasionally, but i don't cheat. I've only been added to the list because I trolled a mod in-game long ago and have only been reported since then simply for the fact that my name would come up at the beginning putting it in everyone's head that i'm Cheating and that if I win it's only because I had help from a friend. I'll gladly take this being on the kick list for however long it's supposed to last because I'm sure Pudson did do some game throwing in my favor. I can't remember, don't really care, and honestly didn't even have anything to do with it. So I'll take this puninshment, but I request when it's over to be taken off the Watch List completely. It's not fair to have that follow me around and make people leave the games I'm in before they start.

BJPage
March 2nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Dude wtf lol....

We need way more explanation than that. Take 5 full posts of explaining to be pardonned. Read teh rules.

Tasogare_Akira
March 2nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
First off, trolling mods does not support the game and its maker. Second, we don't go off rumors. Third, we require a replay.

Tasogare_Akira
March 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Fourth, if you're so concerned about being caught with someone else who you KNOW CHEATS AND THROWS GAMES, then maybe that's a call to not play with him. You didn't have the sense to stay out of it, and kept doing it. It's your fault. You are supporting him by association. If you don't want to be KV listed make your own in-house games with a roster of people of your choosing.

Ambient
March 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
I will now reiterate all of the reasons that prove you two were cheating.

1. Game One - Doctor heals Investigator. Doctor tells leads after the investigator checked. No PMs.
2. Game Two - You game throw revealing Godfather. Pudson reveals Blackmailer day two as doctor.
3. Game Three - You are doctor, only healing Pudson. After you die, you sharing information from the grave with Pudson. Then together, you frame other people as yourselves, and label yourselves as cheaters.
4. Game Four - Pudson Game throws allowing you to win as Arsonist.

We actually review these reports by watching the replays. It is impossible for all of these events to occur by random chance.

shoos
March 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
So your proof is still nothing more than my words or someone else's words claiming that I am cheating. And yes a replay is just reading those words. There is no actual proof because this could have (and did) all happen by chance as is the case with MOST GAMES. I'm sorry that you don't have a system in place to prevent people from cheating, but you DO have a flawed system in place to keep people from PLAYING. That is a serious problem.

And you know what? You can't stop people from playing in parties. Stop branding them as cheaters for joining together, that's the reason we're even playing video games to begin with. If people want to be so butthurt about the way that people are playing the game, it literally takes 20 seconds to leave and join a NEW GAME. Stop trying to regulate the way players play, if we want to troll we should be aloud to troll! Stop trying to police players when you don't even have an in-game presence. Stop making judgements off A) a person whom is clearly trolling or B) someone whom is evidently raging about a STUPID LOST GAME.

creedkingsx
March 2nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
So your proof is still nothing more than my words or someone else's words claiming that I am cheating. And yes a replay is just reading those words. There is no actual proof because this could have (and did) all happen by chance as is the case with MOST GAMES. I'm sorry that you don't have a system in place to prevent people from cheating, but you DO have a flawed system in place to keep people from PLAYING. That is a serious problem.

And you know what? You can't stop people from playing in parties. Stop branding them as cheaters for joining together, that's the reason we're even playing video games to begin with. If people want to be so butthurt about the way that people are playing the game, it literally takes 20 seconds to leave and join a NEW GAME. Stop trying to regulate the way players play, if we want to troll we should be aloud to troll! Stop trying to police players when you don't even have an in-game presence. Stop making judgements off A) a person whom is clearly trolling or B) someone whom is evidently raging about a STUPID LOST GAME.

4 stupid lost games ^^v
If 15 woman claim to have been raped by the same person, but no proof that he did it, do we let the man go free?

BubbaRubbie
March 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
So your proof is still nothing more than my words .... claiming that I am cheating.

I lol'd.

Raptorblaze
March 6th, 2012, 12:07 PM
To sum it up, there are a ton of jackasses and trolls playing mafia. I try to not be one of them. But I am one of them occasionally, but i don't cheat. I've only been added to the list because I trolled a mod in-game long ago and have only been reported since then simply for the fact that my name would come up at the beginning putting it in everyone's head that i'm Cheating and that if I win it's only because I had help from a friend. I'll gladly take this being on the kick list for however long it's supposed to last because I'm sure Pudson did do some game throwing in my favor. I can't remember, don't really care, and honestly didn't even have anything to do with it. So I'll take this puninshment, but I request when it's over to be taken off the Watch List completely. It's not fair to have that follow me around and make people leave the games I'm in before they start.

Quick explanation of the punishment system.
Default punishment length is 1 week (for whatever level) after repeat offenses the punishments become 2x..3x..4x normal length.
if you are on say, Kickvote list for 2x (2 weeks), after the two weeks you drop down to watch list for DOUBLE the previous list's duration.
So look at Ambient's 4x kickvote list recommendation, you would be Kickvote listed for 4 weeks, followed by watch list of 8 weeks.
This also means if you got a 4x banlist, you'd be followed by an 8 week kickvote list, and a 16 week watch list.

As to the actual charges, It doesn't appear to be because you trolled a mod (unless said behavior resulted in you gamethrowing/griefing) Whenever a report is filed by a moderator, a different moderator reviews the REPLAY of the game, not just what the reporter said in his report. In my experience they tend to be fairly detailed in their reviewing of the matters, and can find tell-tale signs of cheating ingame including noticing cheaters in replays where the person filing the report didn't even realize they were.