PDA

View Full Version : MORE LATERAL THINKING (Rocshi's Lateral Thinking Puzzle Thread #3)

Rocshi
December 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Puzzle #I dont care anymore

A man was found dead in a puddle of water with third-degree burns.

Why/How?

Kromos
December 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Was the water boiling hot?

Lysergic
December 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Was there a downed power line / some sort of electrical current in the pool of water?

Rocshi
December 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Was the water boiling hot?

Was there a downed power line / some sort of electrical current in the pool of water?

No

Not in le pool of water.

*close*

Ash
December 29th, 2011, 01:40 PM
ANSWER:

A WILD ARSONIST HAS APPEARED
man used flee!
Flee failed
arsonist used douse!
man used scream for ur lifez!
arsonist used burn!
critical hit!
ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!
man has fainted.

Also did ur other thread get hijacked?!?! if so, maybe i should hijack this one with pokemanz..

Goremancer
December 29th, 2011, 03:17 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU now i've cut both of my hands. I never learn do i?

Ice52berg
December 30th, 2011, 03:16 PM
It was dry ice. Caused 3rd degree burns and melted creating the puddle.

Lysergic
January 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Were there power lines / some sort of electrical current touching the man, and he just happened to fall in a nearby puddle?

Was the man struck by lightning during a storm, and fell into a puddle of water created by the rain?

Ice52berg, dry ice doesn't work because it sublimates at room temperature, thus not leaving behind a liquid residue (and certainly not a water residue, since dry ice is not frozen water). Additionally, dry ice does not burn; it freezes very effectively. Severe frostbite =/= third degree burns.

Third degree burns would be from fire, a severe chemical burn, or severe electrocution.

Guardian
January 10th, 2012, 06:28 AM
1)he was burned then thrown into the water.
2)the "puddle" was really the result of hydro-carbon burning.
3)The man burned himself.
4)the puddle of water was conductive to electricity and the man electrocuted/got struck by lightning

5)he got struck by lightning in a full-fledged storm.

7) he was executed by electrification and thrown into a puddle

8)the man was dumped into a puddle ,then a stripped wire was tied around him, and when it was turned on......