PDA

View Full Version : New Roles?

Gintama
April 16th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Hey, I use to play mafia on a different platform and was just wondering if have you ever thought of adding roles like the Mime? He can see what everyone does but can't speak, can only vote? The blind guy can be the guy who can hear everyone? The Psycho can be the guy who randomly kills people. I think adding these roles would be pretty fun for the game but also wanted to know whether you could add the option where the roles arent revealed after their deaths, often find myself lying then once the person dies it shows the role is theirs and game over lol.

Trenix
April 16th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hey, I use to play mafia on a different platform and was just wondering if have you ever thought of adding roles like the Mime? He can see what everyone does but can't speak, can only vote? The blind guy can be the guy who can hear everyone? The Psycho can be the guy who randomly kills people. I think adding these roles would be pretty fun for the game but also wanted to know whether you could add the option where the roles arent revealed after their deaths, often find myself lying then once the person dies it shows the role is theirs and game over lol.

Now those are some pretty cool ideas, however I don't like the psycho. Isn't that pretty similar to the serial killer?

Nameless
April 16th, 2011, 08:13 AM
The point of dying is to find your role.

If no roles came it would be terribly IMBA for the Mafia (already is most times IMO).

Trenix
April 16th, 2011, 08:48 AM
The point of dying is to find your role.

If no roles came it would be terribly IMBA for the Mafia (already is most times IMO).

Yeah, I agree.

Faceless
April 16th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Blind guy seems like a cool idea if I read it right. You mean he would see ALL chat but wouldn't be able to see who was saying it?

Gintama
April 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I guess i see your point on roles being revealed.

Yeah, the blind guy can listen to the talk of everyone at night, but their names will not be shown. People have been complaining about night start since people die, but with blind guy, you can have some clue because you can look at the way people speak. People will no longer have to rely on sheriff or investigator etc.

For those that dont speak, the role of the mime can be added so as to give those that dont talk, a strategy. The mime will be able to see what everyone does, who kills who etc but only have their vote to influence people.

Psycho could just be like a survivor role but instead mis leads the sheriff etc, he can't control who he kills unlike the serial killer.

Incognito
April 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
There needs to be a mafia role that hides the identity of a murdered victim. Maybe there's a limit to how many times they can use this. But the mafia is kinda up shit creek when they're trying to claim they're someone else when all the roles of the dead are listed.

If they could "hide" a vicitm's role, then they could claim the role of their victims.
IE kill a doctor, hide his role. Then claim to be the doctor themselves.

Dark.Revenant
April 20th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I guess you didn't get the memo when I said I'm adding the Janitor.

Yuengling
April 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I guess you didn't get the memo when I said I'm adding the Janitor.

I don't see the janitor on the new poll (maybe b/c its a hate poll and Janitor is def. going in). The mime and the blind guy are genius ideas, and I'm guessing thats why they were already in another game. I'd consider them.

Eldrazor
April 21st, 2011, 01:52 AM
I'm looking forward to the janitor.
Only time I've been able to successfully say I'm something else is when I somehow convinced all the players there were 2 investigators, while there was only 1, and that 1 was dead.
And that after claiming to be the investigator the day before...

Faceless
April 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
I can convince anyone that anything is happening if I just say

"IM SHERIFF"

inbetween every other thing I say.

Eldrazor
April 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
That'll get you killed.

Faceless
April 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Sometimes it will. It all depends on who you're playing with and when you do it.