PDA

View Full Version : The Uses of Mason Leader

Auckmid
May 31st, 2011, 04:17 PM
I've been thinking, and dont think mason leader is that useful a role at the moment. It has the pottential to recruit people into becomeing masons, but if they try to recruit mafia, they die. And even if they target a town role, they can do more damage then good if they convert a power role, such as sherif. I was just wandering whether their will be anything comeing up which will increase the usefulness of this role.

oops_ur_dead
May 31st, 2011, 04:20 PM
1) All the masons basically get a group lynch. That can be very powerful.
2) Mason leader can tell masons who they will target. If they die the next morning, it's safe to assume that they targeted a mafia.

Dark.Revenant
May 31st, 2011, 04:36 PM
They don't automatically die, he's just discovered. Also, Mason Leader only recruits Citizens so no power roles are in danger.

Neboma
May 31st, 2011, 07:29 PM
I think masons should be similar to the ones in epicmafia where they can mason neutral roles. But maybe for balance, if they try to mason the sk the mason leader dies, but they can mason other roles such as witch, survivor, etc.

Dark.Revenant
May 31st, 2011, 07:31 PM
I don't want the mason leader to be ungodly powerful. Plus, this gives more use to Citizens.

Neboma
May 31st, 2011, 07:54 PM
Well there are a couple ways you can make the mason leader weaker, like if the mason leader masons mafia, he dies, or if the mason leader dies, all of the other masons die. And i don't see how it would give use to citizens when they could just be a mason to start off anyway. It makes the mason leader seem kind of pointless, unless you did a weird custom game with a bunch of cits.

Dark.Revenant
May 31st, 2011, 08:43 PM
weird custom game with a bunch of cits.

That's how the game is SUPPOSED to be played.

wightsnow
May 31st, 2011, 09:04 PM
weird custom game with a bunch of cits.

That's how the game is SUPPOSED to be played.

Lol, someone is too used to power roles. Let the new meta kick in, then he might learn

monster
June 1st, 2011, 12:10 AM
Mason Leader is an awesome role and probably the most powerful one. Your goal is to identify and recruit the citizens as quickly as possible. If you manage to recruit 2 or more it's a 99% victory for the town.

Citizens can ask directly to be invited to the masons - worst case scenario mafia shoots them and the power roles are safe for one more night. This also provides a new way for the Mafia to lie that they are citizens, just to reveal the ML's identity.

The only problem(not really a problem) with the Mason Leader is that you need at least 3 fixed Citizens for it to work properly. That creates a lot of leavers and "noob host" bandwagons in pub games. People have a hard time understanding that the game is not about pressing a button at night time.

/sigh

regardzz
June 1st, 2011, 04:52 AM
I don't want the mason leader to be ungodly powerful. Plus, this gives more use to Citizens.

im sorry to say, but during this whole week i have been playing mafia 24/7 and there was NOT A SINGLE GAME where we had citizens :)

wightsnow
June 1st, 2011, 05:11 AM

im sorry to say, but during this whole week i have been playing mafia 24/7 and there was NOT A SINGLE GAME where we had citizens :)

You haven't been doing many channel games, have you?

styx0202
June 1st, 2011, 08:40 AM

do those even exist? i though it was myth or something, lone wolfing since sc2 was released ::)

TheJackofSpades
June 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM

I don't know of any channel games that include citizens either. But I've only had the chance to play a few games since the new patch came out. My DSL gateway decided to die yesterday(Been a fun week).

Fulla
June 3rd, 2011, 12:26 AM
Any chance of an option, "Can recruit non citizens".

You realize in most game with citizens excluded, it's a worthless role?

It just diminishes the game :-[

Dark.Revenant
June 3rd, 2011, 12:51 AM
No chance, because the role is AMAZINGLY overpowered with the power to convert 70% of the players (the entire town).

Styx
June 4th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Really hoping this role can bring about a mindset shift towards many players on citizens. I understand the desire to want to be the player with the massive amount of influence on the game every game - but when every player has it, it seriously feels like a clusterfuck most of the time.

The game at the moment boils down more-so to the decision making made at night - it's supposed to boil down to daytime discussions, that's where the real essence of this game is. Citizens promote the elaborate lies and trickery that made the original party game so popular to begin with, it'd be nice to see more players open to this sort of gameplay.