PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a VR Gaming headset?

SuperJack
July 11th, 2017, 04:45 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else has a Vive/Oculus/PSVR and what their thoughts are on it.

I've had a Vive for a couple of months now and have thoroughly been enjoying it.

Brendan
July 11th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Nope, too expensive + need a good PC first

XDarkDragonDX
July 11th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Nope, no money :(

SuperJack
July 12th, 2017, 01:28 AM
Yeah I was sorta good timing with my money.
I already put together a good enough PC a year or two earlier.
And I had a few bonuses rolling in from work this year, along with the Vive being £100 off.

Have to say the perspective is totally awesome, there isny any other way than trying one out to get a good idea what it's like.

Brendan
July 12th, 2017, 01:36 AM
Yeah I was sorta good timing with my money.
I already put together a good enough PC a year or two earlier.
And I had a few bonuses rolling in from work this year, along with the Vive being £100 off.

Have to say the perspective is totally awesome, there isny any other way than trying one out to get a good idea what it's like.ye id definitely want to try it out before wanting to buy one lol

yzb25
July 12th, 2017, 02:40 AM
So, I'm guessing you can turn your head around a bit and that moves the "camera", but you use your mouse/joystick for big movements?

1) Does that ever make you feel ill?
2) If there's a lag-spike, wouldn't that feel really weird and trippy because life itself is freezing? lol.

SuperJack
July 12th, 2017, 03:17 AM
So, I'm guessing you can turn your head around a bit and that moves the "camera", but you use your mouse/joystick for big movements?

1) Does that ever make you feel ill?
2) If there's a lag-spike, wouldn't that feel really weird and trippy because life itself is freezing? lol.

The one I use comes with its own room scale and controllers.

The room scale gives you more than the ability too move your head, you can walk around the room, crouch, jump, pick stuff up from the floor and spin around and shit (Given you remember that you have wires, but it's not to much bother and they are making it wireless eventually)

Controller wise, you are given new ones, one in each hand that are also tracked and gave touchpad on. So when you play in games they tend to act as your hand or gun, or whatever your holding. Like in The Star Trek game, they act as hand so you can interact with your hologram touch screens.
But you also have the options for using other controllers (Joysticks are good for space games, steering wheels good for racing ect)

I don't feel ill, it's like motion sickness, some people just get it. The worse I get is a little unbalanced, but it's just something you get used to, like riding a bike.

If there is a bad spike yeah it's a bit weird cause you are so immersed in the game your playing. But it's nothing bad or off-putting, some games feel really outta this world anyway, like the Universe simulate. Cause your basically sat in space throwing planters and stars around and watching them blow up in your face.

SuperJack
July 12th, 2017, 03:20 AM
ye id definitely want to try it out before wanting to buy one lol

I think your in America so I'm sure you got more places to try them out compared to the UK, definitely try it out first. I managed to try out my dads PSVR because I was completely persuaded to buy it. Resident Evil in VR . Awesome.

Yeah I brought a friend round and let them try it, now I feel slightly guilty because their gonna try and buy one even though they don't have the money, they gonna put it on finance lol

yzb25
July 12th, 2017, 11:33 AM
The one I use comes with its own room scale and controllers.

The room scale gives you more than the ability too move your head, you can walk around the room, crouch, jump, pick stuff up from the floor and spin around and shit (Given you remember that you have wires, but it's not to much bother and they are making it wireless eventually)

Controller wise, you are given new ones, one in each hand that are also tracked and gave touchpad on. So when you play in games they tend to act as your hand or gun, or whatever your holding. Like in The Star Trek game, they act as hand so you can interact with your hologram touch screens.
But you also have the options for using other controllers (Joysticks are good for space games, steering wheels good for racing ect)

I don't feel ill, it's like motion sickness, some people just get it. The worse I get is a little unbalanced, but it's just something you get used to, like riding a bike.

If there is a bad spike yeah it's a bit weird cause you are so immersed in the game your playing. But it's nothing bad or off-putting, some games feel really outta this world anyway, like the Universe simulate. Cause your basically sat in space throwing planters and stars around and watching them blow up in your face.

Woah, I had no idea the technology had moved so far along. I was under the impression it was Pokemon Go-tier tacky and moving your head too fast would make everything glitch out or something lol.

Now I'm worried that it's TOO good to own and I might never go outside XD.

SuperJack
July 12th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Well you can go outside...In VR! >_>

But yeh. It's not Pokemon go-tier, completely more, yet it's still First Gen.

You live in the UK, feel free to visit and try it out lol.

Brendan
July 12th, 2017, 02:07 PM

omw

thedougler
July 12th, 2017, 04:36 PM
>VR

LOL I hope you guys don't fall for this meme

Apocist
July 12th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Just don't think the VR tech is good enough yet to be worth it.

yzb25
July 18th, 2017, 11:06 AM

You live in York right? Kinda far away but I'll be happy to stop by if I happen to be relatively near you for camping-related reasons. =D

SuperJack
July 18th, 2017, 12:19 PM
You live in York right? Kinda far away but I'll be happy to stop by if I happen to be relatively near you for camping-related reasons. =D

Blackburn. You cunt. White rose sucks.

yzb25
July 19th, 2017, 05:15 AM
Blackburn. You cunt. White rose sucks.

Yeah... Blackburn... Which is in York...

SuperJack
July 19th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Yeah... Blackburn... Which is in York...

Oh damn you got me.