PDA

View Full Version : M-FM IV FAQ Thread - Code Geass

Deathfire123
December 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
Welcome all, to the FAQ thread for the Code Geass themed Forum Mafia, which will take place next, with Luna's great Battlestar Galactica them running without a hitch, expect to see mine someone in early January! The sub-theme of this Forum Mafia is blended roles, with many roles being super roles, with super drawbacks. The minimum number of people for this setup is 15, the maximum is 20. Main credit to TheWaaagh and Luna for their constant help in the making of this setup.

IF A ROLE HAS MORE THAN ONE ABILITY THEY CANNOT USE MORE THAN ONE ABILITY A NIGHT, THIS ALSO INCLUDES THE MAFIA WHO MUST SACRIFICE A PERSON'S ABILITY TO PERFORM A KILL

Rolelist:
The Black Knights:

Lelouch vi Britannia - Leader of the Black Knights: Lelouch is a blend of the Godfather and the Witch. He is undetectable by all investigative roles, and immune at night, unless Shinichiro Tamaki is in the game, where his night immunity will be swapped for a one-time passive vest. His witch ability works as follows: He can only control the same person once. For example: He targets Person A, night 1, he can no longer control Person A throughout the rest of the game. If he controls an investigative role, he gets the information they would have gotten instead of them. If he targets a Student with a Coroner or Grave Robber ability, he can instead PM me to view a dead body of his choosing.

Kallen Stadtfield - Rider of the Guren MK II: Kallen is a blend of the Framer and the Consort. She can either frame someone during the night, she has unlimited uses of these, but she also has three undetectable roleblocks. The way this works, is if she roleblocks a killing role, the kill does not happen. If she targets an investigative role, a citizen/not guilty/no one visited/did not visit message is displayed. If Lelouch dies, she loses all abilities and becomes a normal Mafioso.

Kaname Ougi - Deputy Commander of the Black Knights: Kaname is a blend of the Blackmailer and the Explosives Artist. He can blackmail someone during the night. The way this person is blackmailed is when they are blackmailed they are allowed to make one post during the course of the day which they will PM to me. It will not show who is blackmailed (and they cannot leave their name). This post will be displayed for all to see when the next night starts, unless of course, this person is lynched during the day. The Explosives half of this role is essentially a mine layer, they plant a bomb outside of someone's house during the night and it randomly kills one person that visits. The difference, is if said person performs an action that night as well, they are also put into the random category. Kaname only has one bomb that he can plant. He can choose to move the location during the following night. He cannot plant a bomb outside of a fellow mafia member's house.

-Comes in at 19: Shinichiro Tamaki - Leader of the Second Squadron: Shinichiro is a blend of the Brute and the Janitor. He has TWO cleans. He has ONE protection. The Brute part is essentially a bodyguard for the mafia, hence why Lelouch loses night immunity if he is present. He will die protecting a mafia member if he is guarding that person during the night.

The Holy Britannian Empire:
Charles zi Britannia - Emperor of the Britannian Empire: Charles is a blend of the Mayor and the Vigilante. He is a mayor with 3 votes, when he reveals himself. He has a one time use Vigilante shot.

Odyesseus eu Britannia - First son of the Britannian Empire: He is a blend of the Detective and the Lookout. No other strange changes.

Schneizel el Britannia - Second son of the Britannian Empire: He is a blend of the Sheriff and the Investigator. No other strange changes.

Cornelia la Britannia - First daughter of the Britannian Empire: She is the only technically blended role. She is a Jailor. She can only jail during the night if there was no lynch during the day. She can only execute twice, and if Euphemia is lynched she loses an execution. If she executes Euphemia, she commits suicide.

Guilford - Knight to Cornelia: He is a blend of the Bodyguard and the Veteran. He is a bodyguard with a one time use alert, killing all who visit him. Loses this alert if he is in the vote to lynch Cornelia Cornelia.

Euphemia li Britannia - Second daughter of the Britannian Empire: She is a blend of the Doctor, the Armorsmith, and the Jester. She can heal others, and if she is successful, she gains a vest that she is able to give to someone else or keep for herself. If she is lynched, she randomly takes a student with her, even if they did not participate in the vote with her.

Milly Ashford(Student)
Shirley Fenette(Student)
Nina Einstein(Student)

All Students have a one time use ability, they will be given a list of abilities Night 1, PM'd by me, that they will all get to choose from. The quickest ones get their chosen ability before someone else who has chosen this role. There may be multiples of each ability: Possible abilities: Coroner, Detective, Investigator, Sheriff, Lookout, Ninja, Grave Robber, Veteran, Doctor. Not all of these will be in the abilities the students are able to choose.

-Comes in at 16: Rivalz Cardemonde(Student)

-Comes in at 17: Sayoko Shinozaki(Student)

-Comes in at 20: Suzaku Kururugi - Knight to Euphemia: He is a blend of the Bodyguard and the Gunsmith. If he dies protecting a member of the Britannian empire, he can give a one time vigilante shot to someone of his choosing. He will not be notified until after his death if the person he protected was a member of Britannia, also, he cannot decide to give the gun to the person he protected. If Euphemia is lynched, he gets a one time use gun for himself, but can no longer give a gun to someone when he dies protecting a town member.

Neutrals:

Jeremiah Gottwald - Orange Boy, Former knight to Cornelia: He is a blend of the Serial Killer, and the Mafioso. He can kill one person per night, does not kill roleblockers, and if Cornelia is lynched, and Lelouch is still alive, he becomes a Mafioso, lowering the kills per night but increasing the size and power of the mafia. Has a one time use passive vest>>Loses vest when he becomes Mafioso.

Rolo - The Fabricated Boy: He is a blend of the Executioner, the Survivor, and the Investigator. For RP purposes, his target SHOULD be Shirley, but for fairness, I'm going to randomize it. If his target dies during the night, he becomes a Survivor. He has a one time use investigation.

Diethard Ried - The Media Propagator: Diethard is a blend of the Revolutionary Leader and the Mafioso. He recruits Students into the revolution. Revolutionists and him share a night chat. When he has three members (including himself) they can coordinate to kill someone. If all of the students are dead, and the Mayor is dead, he becomes a Mafioso, lowering the kills per night, but increasing the size and power of the mafia. Has a one time use passive vest >> Loses vest if he joins the Mafia.

-Comes in at 18: Mao - The Insane Geass User: Mao is a mix of the Jester and the Spy. His goal is to get lynched, and he is given the night chats of the Black Knights, the Revolutionary leader, and the Jailor. ALL OF THESE CHATS WILL BE SEVERELY EDITED BEFORE THEY ARE GIVEN TO HIM SO DO NOT FEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU WRITE, IT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE USED AGAINST YOU, ALL NAMES, Etc. will be edited out. As will all spelling mistakes, and anything that can make someone deduce your identity other than through writing style.

Winning Conditions:
The Black Knights must kill all members of The Britannian Empire, along with Jeremiah and Diethard if they are not recruited into the Black Knights

The Britannian Empire must kill all members of The Black Knights, along with Jeremiah and Diethard.

Jeremiah must kill all members of The Britannian Empire and The Black Knights, unless he is a member, and Diethard.

Diethard must kill all members of The Britannian Empire, except Students, The Black Knights must also die, unless he is a member, along with Jeremiah

Mao wants to be lynched.

Rolo wants to lynch his target. If turned to Survivor, he must only survive.

Investigation Reports:
"Your target does not seem suspicious. They could be a Student, but may be another role hiding in broad daylight."
"Your target is very analytical. They could be Odysseus, Schneizel, but might be Rolo, or even Jeremiah."
"Your target is very devoted. They could be Euphemia, but might be Kallen."
"Your target is very protective. They could possibly be Guilford or Suzaku, but might be Shinichiro."
"Your target is very convincing. They could be Charles, but just might be Diethard."
"Your target works with weaponry. They could be Cornelia, but might be Kaname."

If you have any questions please, do not be hesitant to ask.

Lelouch vi Britannia - Leader of the Black Knights
Kallen Stadtfield - Rider of the Guren MK II
Kaname Ougi - Deputy Commander of the Black Knights
Charles zi Britannia - Emperor of the Britannian Empire
Odyesseus eu Britannia - First son of the Britannian Empire
Schneizel el Britannia - Second son of the Britannian Empire
Cornelia la Britannia - First daughter of the Britannian Empire
Guilford - Knight to Cornelia
Euphemia li Britannia - Second daughter of the Britannian Empire
Milly Ashford(Student)
Shirley Fenette(Student)
Nina Einstein(Student)
Jeremiah Gottwald - Orange Boy, Former knight to Cornelia
Rolo - The Fabricated Boy
Diethard Ried - The Media Propagator

Rivalz Cardemonde(Student)
Sayoko Shinozaki(Student)
Mao - The Insane Geass User
Shinichiro Tamaki - Leader of the Second Squadron
Suzaku Kururugi - Knight to Euphemia

TheJackofSpades
December 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
So how do you plan on balancing the fact that every role is now two roles?

Edit: I was planning on baiting you, but what's the point.

The answer is you can't, this will be a mess.

TheJackofSpades
December 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
There is nothing that can fix this.

Nick
December 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
I find it difficult to win as Diethard and Jeremiah Gottwald. Neutral evil roles need some buffs.

M-FMII is a good example. Town is OP after role call.

Deathfire123
December 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
I find it difficult to win as Diethard and Jeremiah Gottwald. Neutral evil roles need some buffs.

M-FMII is a good example. Town is OP after role call.

Passive vests.

Town can lose the majority through Diethard

If they role call, they might not have enough to lynch anyone...

CmG
December 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Stop butchering Code Geass. Butcher Dragon Ball Z or some other shitty anime like Bleach. Thank you very much. =p

Sumikoko
December 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
There is nothing that can fix this.
Lol you two really don't get along do you... ;;

That aside, I have no idea how the balance of this will work out, since the roles have been combined in a way that's never been done before.
I like it very much though, as I can see you've thought this out thoroughly and put their roles as close to the anime as possible.
It's really interesting that you put Lelouch on the side of "Mafia" and Charles as the town. Probably for mechanical reasons moreso than more ethics-ish reasons, I'm guessing?
My only question is: Where to sign up? :)

Deathfire123
December 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM

That aside, I have no idea how the balance of this will work out, since the roles have been combined in a way that's never been done before.
I like it very much though, as I can see you've thought this out thoroughly and put their roles as close to the anime as possible.
It's really interesting that you put Lelouch on the side of "Mafia" and Charles as the town. Probably for mechanical reasons moreso than more ethics-ish reasons, I'm guessing?
My only question is: Where to sign up? :)

Signups will not start until Luna's Mini Forum Mafia has concluded. I figured I'd put up the FAQ for any questions during the first night so as not to clash with the current M-FM

TheJackofSpades
December 24th, 2011, 12:12 AM

This has nothing to do with my feelings towards Deathfire, I assure you.

Also, I have thought of a way to make this setup balanced. Remove the part where every role is more than one role.

TheWaaagh
December 24th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Well, I'm interested in giving it a shot. The beauty of an mfm is that there short enough where if it's unbalanced it'll be over by the time I've come up with a reason to complain.

Rocshi
December 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Really interesting.
But INCREDIBLY unbalanced, like JOS said.
Hard to win as the neutrals, and it's just really confusing.

Luna
December 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Deathfire, put up a standard colour-coded role list and just have the basic name(s) of each role on it, makes it easier to look at as a whole.

Nick
December 24th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Lelouch vi Britannia - Leader of the Black Knights
Kaname Ougi - Deputy Commander of the Black Knights
Charles zi Britannia - Emperor of the Britannian Empire
Odyesseus eu Britannia - First son of the Britannian Empire
Schneizel el Britannia - Second son of the Britannian Empire
Cornelia la Britannia - First daughter of the Britannian Empire
Euphemia li Britannia - Second daughter of the Britannian Empire
Milly Ashford(Student)
Shirley Fenette(Student)
Nina Einstein(Student)
Jeremiah Gottwald - Orange Boy, Former knight to Cornelia
Rolo - The Fabricated Boy
Diethard Ried - The Media Propagator

Rivalz Cardemonde(Student)
Sayoko Shinozaki(Student)
Mao - The Insane Geass User
Shinichiro Tamaki
Suzaku Kururugi - Knight to Euphemia

Fragos
December 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM
My future "crab" setup is more interesting and balanced. Once i'll return from vacations at 8 January, expect to see some surpise announcements.

TheJackofSpades
December 24th, 2011, 11:36 AM
My future "crab" setup is more interesting and balanced. Once i'll return from vacations at 8 January, expect to see some surpise announcements.
If I could down rep you more, I would. Believe me.

Nick
December 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Lelouch vi Britannia
Witch ability makes him a semi-investigative role. Potentially checking 2 people in a single night. Will his target know that they are witched? No comments on losing night immunity.

Framer with special roleblock. Seemed fine. Becomes fail if Lelouch dies. Seemed like a huge whammy.

Kaname Ougi
Regarding explosives, what happens if the target is dead or bussed?

Shinichiro Tamaki
Seemed lacking. Janitor is fine. But Brute? Not likely to have much to do. Unless he can protect from Jailor kills.

Charles zi Britannia
Fine.

Odyesseus eu Britannia, Schneizel el Britannia
Is fine if it is choose either.

Cornelia la Britannia
Jail every night Jailor? Former M-FM Mafia players have something to say to you. I have no problems with suicide.

Hammer vote? Might as well put it as vote instead. He might just not hammer vote anyone, rendering the rule meaningless?

Euphemia li Britannia
Potentially very overpowered if she can get a heal. More discussion required. Unless you plan to have Revolutionists lynch her?

Students
Buffed citizens. Should be fine, I guess.

Jeremiah Gottwald
Should be fine, I guess. I expect a lot of Euphemia and Cornelia claimers.

Diethard Ried
I understand now. The swing vote. Must keep Charles alive at all cost? But then again, if the they join Mafia, the game is as good as over. More bodyguards (if Godfather is not immune) or vigilantes needed. If not, the your M-FM might end up like FMVI endgame.

More thinking needed. Certain role might potentially be too powerful. You can keep the mechanics, but I suggest nerfing certain roles so that your M-FM can be more easily predictable. If predictability is what you want.

I look forward to your M-FM.

Nick
December 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Uum... why advertise here? Competition much?

I think Deathfire123's setup is the more "advanced" type. Somewhat experimental. Not really suitable for most (and new) players. No need to do what you did.

Nick
December 24th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I'm mostly interested in non-conventional/experimental setups. More outlandish the better!

Deathfire123
December 24th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Lelouch vi Britannia
Witch ability makes him a semi-investigative role. Potentially checking 2 people in a single night. Will his target know that they are witched? No comments on losing night immunity.

Framer with special roleblock. Seemed fine. Becomes fail if Lelouch dies. Seemed like a huge whammy.

Kaname Ougi
Regarding explosives, what happens if the target is dead or bussed?

Shinichiro Tamaki
Seemed lacking. Janitor is fine. But Brute? Not likely to have much to do. Unless he can protect from Jailor kills.

Charles zi Britannia
Fine.

Odyesseus eu Britannia, Schneizel el Britannia
Is fine if it is choose either.

Cornelia la Britannia
Jail every night Jailor? Former M-FM Mafia players have something to say to you. I have no problems with suicide.

Hammer vote? Might as well put it as vote instead. He might just not hammer vote anyone, rendering the rule meaningless?

Euphemia li Britannia
Potentially very overpowered if she can get a heal. More discussion required. Unless you plan to have Revolutionists lynch her?

Students
Buffed citizens. Should be fine, I guess.

Jeremiah Gottwald
Should be fine, I guess. I expect a lot of Euphemia and Cornelia claimers.

Diethard Ried
I understand now. The swing vote. Must keep Charles alive at all cost? But then again, if the they join Mafia, the game is as good as over. More bodyguards (if Godfather is not immune) or vigilantes needed. If not, the your M-FM might end up like FMVI endgame.

More thinking needed. Certain role might potentially be too powerful. You can keep the mechanics, but I suggest nerfing certain roles so that your M-FM can be more easily predictable. If predictability is what you want.

I look forward to your M-FM.

Lelouch vi Britannia
Yes, targets know they are witched.

Kallen Stadtfield
It's the point for it to be a huge whammy

Kaname Ougi
Can only place at living people's houses, there is no bus.

Shinichiro Tamaki
I agree with you here, at first I thought it was a great idea but then when I decided citizens weren't going to have any vigilante shots, this role started to get a bit meh. I'll keep the Janitor thing, and give him ONE Protection, of anyone of his choosing.

Cornelia la Britannia
No, Jail only on no-lynch days Jailor. This is going to be the weakest jailor ever. I was even tempted to make her NOT actually kill someone with night immunity, but not waste an execution. I decided against it though. I have a much better nerf.

I agree, if he is even in the vote for Cornelia when she is lynched, he loses his alert.

Euphemia li Britannia
She is supposed to be the most overpowered role. Remember, if she claims, and proves herself, every killing role will be after her as she's the only PROVEN town role. So even if she has vests, if two killer attack her, then she's done for. Also, Revolutionists HAVE to kill all town power roles, and everyone else that oppose the revolution.

Diethard Ried
"Keep Charles alive at all costs" Not necessarily, for Diethard to join, ALL students must be dead as well. AKA, very unlikely. That rule is pretty much for RP purposes alone, and I don't expect it will actually happen, you never know though.

OH RIGHT: OTHER CHANGES I FORGOT TO MENTION!
Person in jail>>>Not Immune

Deathfire123
December 24th, 2011, 12:01 PM

You aren't getting M-FMIV, deal with it.

Really rude :(

Deathfire123
December 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I'm mostly interested in non-conventional/experimental setups. More outlandish the better!

Updated OP with some of your suggestions

TheJackofSpades
December 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Just saying it now, the negative rep bomb was not my doing.

CmG
December 24th, 2011, 12:11 PM
And why exactly wont town claim at day 1 exactly?

Deathfire123
December 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
And why exactly wont town claim at day 1 exactly?

There are only two confirmed investigative roles, and the jailor is not allowed to quote jail chat.

Sumikoko
December 24th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I feel this game is different, not only by its setup, but by individual roles. Like, most games it's just "lynch scum, all scum, whichever one is scum, if we accidentally lynch a town member, oh well, it narrows down the possible scum list" while the scum are all "mislynch, mislynch, cast suspicion on other people plox." While in this one, each character has a different agenda. Like Lelouch would try to not just lynch random people, but lynch Cornelia and Euphemia in particular to get more people into his Mafia. And Kallen's top priority would be protecting Lelouch above all else to not lose her other abilities. Cornelia and Guilford want to lynch scum, but if they accidentally lynch their "beloved," so to speak, then bad things happen to them. So they have to be extreeemely careful about not mislynching.

Getting the role card and reading through all the characters to determine the easiest way to win as well as the most practical way is probably the hardest thing playing this. So this is a game where your analytical people will really shine through and really test their skills. So to be honest, this game's balance rests on who got what role above all else. To make it fun, I'd even daresay Deathfire should handpick who gets what role himself. Unfair? Perhaps. But for this game, I believe the length of the game is proportional to the number of pros getting your clincher roles.

P.S. Who's Odysseus? (You know you've not been watching Code Geass enough when you forgot who's who. Time for another Code Geass marathon!)

Deathfire123
December 24th, 2011, 02:10 PM
P.S. Who's Odysseus? (You know you've not been watching Code Geass enough when you forgot who's who. Time for another Code Geass marathon!)

Dis guy

http://www.figure.fm/cgm/ecommerce/figure/images/large/065c997fe9e6bc98897d7a58300a6f78.jpg?1254925791