PDA

View Full Version : Informal Updates

Voss
May 26th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Hey all,

I ran Narrator live with 26 people, and it seemed to go all right. Here are the results:

http://narrator.systeminplace.net/storyRecap/41

If you're keeping track, Baratheon's have won this game 3 times. Twice with Starks (IRL) and once on Forum Mafia. (Woo)

Anyway, I'm back to fixing the mess that I've made of the browser User Interface. I have a couple strategies I could do, and could use direction in what I should prioritize in the short future.

-Continue working on Mobile
This'll allow any of you to play IRL with friends/family. Currently, you're not able to add roles, or view who's in the lobby.
-Clean up browser
The setup page, and home page are unusable at the moment, but the game play page is still working fine.

I realize both need to be addressed before I could give a greenlight to Helz for some publicity. But internally, i'm a lot more comfortable that it'll stand up and not break anymore.

-Voss

Helz
May 26th, 2017, 05:56 PM
If your looking for an opinion I would 100% say you should dedicate absolute focus to one of the two projects. Finishing one would result in a larger player draw for the other. I would personally say to focus the browser based first because it could very easily spread through the global community and create a large player draw for the mobile version.

Brendan
May 27th, 2017, 04:39 AM
That results feature is really cool. Looking forward to the future development of either versions.

Voss
June 9th, 2017, 12:04 AM
As said in the updates page, i've trashed the old look, and am rebuilding it. It's taken me a week to get the tablet version of the setup page, so i'm expecting 3 more weeks to get desktop back up to par. After that i'll go back and finish the rest of the setup customizations that I had previously scrapped.

In the mean time, I'm a LOT more comfortable with it not crashing, so soon as that's done, I'd appreciate (and give the green light) for publicizing it.

Voss
July 22nd, 2017, 01:04 AM
Helz,

I've polished off both versions, so I'm ready for any publicizing you had in mind. I've also put a blurb at the top of setup to warn people that if they join a public game, they might not initially encounter anyone.

Would you mind telling me where you post so I can help coordinate?

Helz
July 24th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Yeah, Its finals week but I will try to start putting some things together