PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Setups

Voss
January 1st, 2017, 02:08 AM
Hey all,

I've completed implementing 'hidden setups'! In case you don't know what hidden setups are, they're roles lists that are pre-selected by the host. Of course hosts can't play, since they know the roles list, but its a feature people can use now!

-Voss

Cryptonic
January 1st, 2017, 08:27 AM
omg

Stealthbomber16
January 1st, 2017, 09:14 AM
Narrator S-FM watermeloann confirmed?

Voss
January 1st, 2017, 10:04 AM
Narrator S-FM watermeloann confirmed?

sure? if someone wants to host it.

----

I can't even find where that s-fm is posted.

Stealthbomber16
January 1st, 2017, 10:06 AM
:wm: (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/33199-S-FM-162-Watermeloann)

Cryptonic
January 26th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Just trying this out now for first time, and this is awesome. I'm definitely going to throw something together in a little while here so I can watch how a game plays out on it :D
I have a suggestion for the hidden roles:

When selecting Hidden Roles and the drop down menu appears, I think it would be interesting to be able to keep it random. A benefit of this would be that a host could select some roles, while keeping a few random. Another benefit of this would be that it would prevent host meta from being used in a game, because it's still possible it's randomized.

For example, if you put a "Town Random in the game", than the drop down could include:
>Town Random
>Town Investigative
>Town Killing
>Town Protective
>Mayor
>Armorsmith
>ect ect

IDK if that was clear or not, let me know if it wasn't.

Voss
January 26th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Just trying this out now for first time, and this is awesome. I'm definitely going to throw something together in a little while here so I can watch how a game plays out on it :D
I have a suggestion for the hidden roles:

When selecting Hidden Roles and the drop down menu appears, I think it would be interesting to be able to keep it random. A benefit of this would be that a host could select some roles, while keeping a few random. Another benefit of this would be that it would prevent host meta from being used in a game, because it's still possible it's randomized.

For example, if you put a "Town Random in the game", than the drop down could include:
>Town Random
>Town Investigative
>Town Killing
>Town Protective
>Mayor
>Armorsmith
>ect ect

IDK if that was clear or not, let me know if it wasn't.

perfectly clear. couple problems, but I'll propose solutions to them.

In the case for Town, there are 'hard coded' Town Investigative, Town killing, Town Protective, etc. I'd likeeee to not hard code those roles into Town Random.

However, I've been classifying roles with a ... type. I could make that dropdown look like:

Town Investigative
Town Protection
Town Chaotic
Town Killing
Doctor
Citizen
Mayor
Armorsmith

I could, also make an interface in which you can just deselect which roles'd appear, but I think that'd be tedious for hosts to input.

Lastly, I could do the hard-coded case for Town Random, but it wouldn't translate very well to custom setups. (Which exist, have you tried it crypt?? type -setup got, or type -setup pirates)