PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Comments

IronMax
December 10th, 2016, 09:04 PM
So I sometimes get the notification that I have a new reputation comment but when I click on it, it just redirects me to my profile settings and shows me subscribed threads like this:

Subscribed Threads with New Posts: (0)
There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

I know that there are threads I can't see but I why can't I see my reputation comments when I click on it?

IronMax
December 11th, 2016, 12:24 AM
i actually saw the three I got, lol. I think it has to do something with threads in the reports section cause I usually only post there.

BananaCucho who are you?

Cryptonic
December 11th, 2016, 06:52 AM
i actually saw the three I got, lol. I think it has to do something with threads in the reports section cause I usually only post there.

BananaCucho who are you?

They are displayed in your profile settings. If you scroll down a little, you'll see there are reputation comments.

IronMax
December 13th, 2016, 04:38 PM
They are displayed in your profile settings. If you scroll down a little, you'll see there are reputation comments.

They're not, that's the issue. The ones I received in this thread are, but the ones I got from reports aren't shown there at all. Not that big of a deal just thought u should know

DarknessB
December 13th, 2016, 04:39 PM
They're not, that's the issue. The ones I received in this thread are, but the ones I got from reports aren't shown there at all. Not that big of a deal just thought u should know

Is it possible that you received reputation on threads that you can no longer see -- e.g. reports that were ignored? That would be my best guess.

IronMax
December 13th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Is it possible that you received reputation on threads that you can no longer see -- e.g. reports that were ignored? That would be my best guess.

But I can see my own ignored reports? my own as in the ones I reported. I also didn't have any reports ignored recently so I doubt it. I don't know for which posts I got the reputation since I can't see the rep comments, I am just assuming it's reports because that is the only thing I do here on the forum.

Cryptonic
December 13th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Someone might not be leaving a message. It's possible to give reputation without a message.

Cryptonic
December 13th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Nvm I checked and all but 1 has messages.
It's probably that the report is marked on-hold, and you might not have access to see on-hold reports. Idk

Quick
December 13th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Nvm I checked and all but 1 has messages.
It's probably that the report is marked on-hold, and you might not have access to see on-hold reports. Idk

On hold Rep?

DarknessB
December 13th, 2016, 07:06 PM
On hold Rep?

What might have happened was -- IronMax received reputation for filing a report that was placed On Hold. However, because community members can't see the On Hold reports forum, he might not be able to see the reputation he received on that post either (because from his vantage point, the post doesn't exist in any forum he can access). A very complicated way of saying -- you probably got rep for a post that's no longer in a section that you can see.

Quick
December 13th, 2016, 07:34 PM
What might have happened was -- IronMax received reputation for filing a report that was placed On Hold. However, because community members can't see the On Hold reports forum, he might not be able to see the reputation he received on that post either (because from his vantage point, the post doesn't exist in any forum he can access). A very complicated way of saying -- you probably got rep for a post that's no longer in a section that you can see.

I see......

IronMax
December 14th, 2016, 08:05 PM

I can see the On-Hold reports I reported. I don't think there are any threads I started that I can't see, must be a bug.
Thanks!

Mesk514
December 14th, 2016, 08:23 PM
If you click settings it will bring you to a page that lists the threads you subscribe too, the infractions you have received (says by who & for what, lists when it expires) & then it gives you a list of who's given you rep and what their comment was if they left one... pretty sure if you click it it will show you for what post

Mesk514
December 14th, 2016, 08:24 PM
It will at least tell you for what thread

Frozen Angel
December 14th, 2016, 11:34 PM
What are these reputations for? I received some but I'm not sure if they mean anything.

Gyrlander
December 14th, 2016, 11:46 PM
You get green bars above your avatar according to the ammount of rep that you have.

Frozen Angel
December 15th, 2016, 12:00 AM
huh

it makes sense! thx