PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard, mouse, Joystick

SuperJack
October 15th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Hello. I'm interested with your recommendations for the following:

Mouse (Prefer wireless):
Keyboard (Prefer Wireless):
Joystick:

I'm looking for a reasonable price for a wireless keyboard and mouse (separate or combo)

And just general options on Joysticks, because I've never owned one. But I'm interested in it for playing star citizen.

Apocist
October 15th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Mouse (Prefer wireless):

Mouse: ELECOM Wireless M-XT3DRBK (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016QCPNUW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

One of the best mice Apo's found. Had to switch due to repeated fails of Logitech's crappy mice.

SuperJack
October 15th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Mouse: ELECOM Wireless M-XT3DRBK (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016QCPNUW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

One of the best mice Apo's found. Had to switch due to repeated fails of Logitech's crappy mice.

What that ball thing on it?

DarknessB
October 15th, 2016, 11:36 AM
For Joystick:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWKQ

Comes in wired or wireless.

SuperJack
October 15th, 2016, 11:51 AM
For Joystick:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWKQ

Comes in wired or wireless.

Ty Classhole

oops_ur_dead
October 15th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Wireless keyboards and mice are all shit, especially if you're using them for gaming. Just get the cheapest one since you'll throw them away and get wired ones anyway.

Brendan
October 15th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Wireless keyboards and mice are all shit, especially if you're using them for gaming. Just get the cheapest one since you'll throw them away and get wired ones anyway.

SuperJack
October 15th, 2016, 12:30 PM
I'm lazy and got a clumsy big dog. So when I plug my stuff into the TV or steam link I don't want wires across the room.

Also I'm clumsy myself and always get stuff tangled.

Brendan
October 15th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I'm lazy and got a clumsy big dog. So when I plug my stuff into the TV or steam link I don't want wires across the room.

WutFace

Apocist
October 15th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Have to agree that we hate wireless...but it's such a convenience.

What that ball thing on it?

It's a trackball mouse. You don't need to physically move the mouse around (so you can set it on literally any surface) , just use your thumb to roll the ball. Allows for extremely fast movements while retaining your accuracy.

Apocist
October 15th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Actually Apo still uses a wired 360 controller for any joystick games was well.

oops_ur_dead
October 15th, 2016, 04:46 PM

Steam link is just a meme dude, don't bother.

oops_ur_dead
October 15th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Suggestions for wired shit, tho:

For mouse I use Logitech G500, I've heard the new one (G502 or something) is great too. If you want a cheapo one, buy the basic James Donkey brand mouse from Amazon or AliExpress. The name is retarded and the mouse is kind of a meme but apparently the sensor is alright and it costs like $7-10.
For keyboard I use Motospeed Inflictor CK104. Decent quality mech keyboard with blue switches, only about $50.
Joysticks are a meme.

SuperJack
October 15th, 2016, 05:09 PM
I like memes though but i'll look them up once i get hold of some discounts

FYRE
October 15th, 2016, 05:26 PM
As for myself, wireless keyboards and mice are all shit, especially if you're using them for gaming. Just get the cheapest one since you'll throw them away and get wired ones anyway.

secondpassing
October 16th, 2016, 12:38 PM
I'd recommend heading to the store and testing out mice you like. Hand sizes vary greatly, and so do grips.

What oops said is true. The proteus G502 is widely liked. It's a little thin and light for my taste (I have larger hands).
If you're still going for wireless, the Logitech 602? seems to be a good alternative. I hate it's grip style more than the 502 though.
Currently using a M65 Corsair. Still not big enough. It's also not on sale right now.

secondpassing
October 16th, 2016, 12:41 PM
SuperJack, what do you define as "reasonable price"?
I think mice are very important and was willing to spend ~$60 on one.

Wish I bought that $100 Ouroboros (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-ouroboros-gaming-mouse-black/1682513.p?skuId=1682513)back then.
Fully adjustable mouse size, weights, side rests. Pretty much can't get better than this. (other than getting one of those ergonomic sideways mice.)

SuperJack
October 16th, 2016, 01:34 PM
I don't need solid gold. And will have around £100 to spend.

DarknessB
October 16th, 2016, 04:08 PM
I don't need solid gold. And will have around £100 to spend.

Well, crap -- my suggestions are out then:

Quick
October 24th, 2016, 06:45 PM
G13 by logitech + G600 by logitech and you are set.

I tried using the corsair M95 and there was just something about it I didn't like. I also have a Razor Naga hex, which is also pretty nice and very ergonomic but small.

[Edit] Of forgot, I will not live without a volume controler on my keyboard from now on. I have a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB.