PDA

View Full Version : US Elections

Suntax
October 5th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Now i obviously cant vote as im in Russia but im curious on peoples views on the candidates, i have my own ideas on who i would vote if i was able but i would like to know your view and why, and if your from the US who do you think your gonna vote for?

Please keep it civil and shit.

Frog
October 5th, 2016, 03:38 PM
I've made a similar thread last year regarding US Politics, and one with an emphasis on Jeb Bush vs Clinton.

I support Clinton unabashedly tbh.

But that's just like my opinion man.

I could discuss policy, but most people don't seem to value policy decisions when choosing president of the free world.

Suntax
October 5th, 2016, 03:47 PM
From looking at this from Russia I have to side with trump.
Clinton is a known list, manipulator and she has covered up rapes by Bill and the murder of ambassadors in benghazi.

Plus Clinton stated if 'Russia' hacks the id again (they never did) there will be millitary repercussions.

Trump is trying to build relations with Russia and try to fight the war in Syria to assist Assad instead of trying to did of him because he has a oil supply.

As for policy I know little but enough on General policy. Trump has a controversial immigration policy but living in Russia tells me that it may be needed to stem the illegal immigration aswell as keep the safety of the country.

He is also a proven success at business with 4 bankruptcy out off 500+ businesses and a genius at keeping his money.
currently he is up against claims he robbed the American by not paying a billion in tax even though it's his money, he made and it was all completely legal while Hillary lost 6 billion OF taxpayer money in the state department.

I could go on but you get my point, but that just my opinion.

Yukitaka Oni
October 5th, 2016, 04:16 PM
My opinion:
Vote Putin for world president b)o.o)^ v(o.o(v

Never Unlucky
October 5th, 2016, 04:21 PM
From looking at this from Russia I have to side with trump.
Clinton is a known list, manipulator and she has covered up rapes by Bill and the murder of ambassadors in benghazi.

It's not because Trump says it that it is true.

Plus Clinton stated if 'Russia' hacks the id again (they never did) there will be millitary repercussions.

Trump is trying to build relations with Russia and try to fight the war in Syria to assist Assad instead of trying to did of him because he has a oil supply.

NATO is not supporting Assad because his government is committing warcrimes and is just as bad to the Syrian people as ISIS is. It has nothing to do with oil. This isn't Iraq.

As for policy I know little but enough on General policy. Trump has a controversial immigration policy but living in Russia tells me that it may be needed to stem the illegal immigration aswell as keep the safety of the country.

Don't you think his policies are a little extreme though? Building a wall

Immigration is not what causes the country to be unsafe. Immigrants are people, just like Americans. Claiming that all immigrants are a threat because some have committed crimes is a faulty generalization Trump is making. In fact, most immigrants migrate in hopes of getting better living conditions. They generally contribute a lot to the economy.
Also, building a wall to help control illegal immigration is a bit extreme when there are certainly some other solutions like enforcing the national guard.

Abolishing the Second Amendment would do a much better job at keeping the country safe. That right was adopted in the Bill of Rights in 1791 when Americans faced threats such as nature and guerillas. The context is very different today, in 2016. We have men and women whose job is to keep the population safe. The concept of self-defense is much less applicable nowadays. It is archaic and outdated.

60% of homicides were involve firearms in the U.S. compared to 10% in the UK, a country with strict gun laws. There are many other numbers that can speak for themselves and prove that bearing guns should not be a right.

Protect the population from itself. Abolish the Second Amendment. That's going to do the U.S. wonders.

He is also a proven success at business with 4 bankruptcy out off 500+ businesses and a genius at keeping his money.
currently he is up against claims he robbed the American by not paying a billion in tax even though it's his money, he made and it was all completely legal while Hillary lost 6 billion OF taxpayer money in the state department.

Managing a country is not the same as managing a company even though they make for a good comparison.

That should not be an argument to vote for him. He tries to make himself look like someone who will help the working class by creating "tremendous" new jobs, yet he plans on lowering the taxes for the richest... It is not realistic.

I could go on but you get my point, but that just my opinion.

Trump is selling a dream to the uneducated American people.

This is a great read, (http://www.alternet.org/story/106551/forget_red_vs._blue_--_it's_the_educated_vs._people_easily_fooled_by_pro paganda) and, despite being written in 2008, I feel like it is very relevant today.

Never Unlucky
October 5th, 2016, 04:25 PM
This is a great read, (http://www.alternet.org/story/106551/forget_red_vs._blue_--_it's_the_educated_vs._people_easily_fooled_by_pro paganda) and, despite being written in 2008, I feel like it is very relevant today.

Frog, I think you will like this.

Suntax, have you watched any of the debates so far (Presidential or VP)? If so, what were your thoughts?

I personally have not watched yesterday's VP debate. I found it hilarious that the GOP released a summary of what happened and who won before the debate had even started (https://www.wired.com/2016/10/gop-says-pence-won-vp-debate-hours-starts/)...

Suntax
October 5th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Never-let's go through your counter

1-Trump was not the first nor the last person to bring up any of what I stated, she decided to not help the ambassadors in benghazi, she deleted thousands of emails, she stole money through her foundation and shot down many winem who have tried to reveal Bill raped them

2-Assad was allowing Saudi Arabia to build a oil pipeline through the country and Assad did not want it going to the us, reason enough for a war. Number 2 democracy does not work in the middle east, look at Libya, look at Iran.

3-I agree immigration is good when controlled but trump has stated that a disproportionate amount of illegal Mexican immigrants entering the country are committing felonys including rape and murder.

The 2nd amendment cannot be abolised that easily you know, it requires half the congress 33 states and the president to agree and even if that happened there would be mass riots, protests, guns will be kept and in the worse case a civil war. Plus the argument that it was made back then di it shouldn't be used now is stupid, it's like saying you can't use the internet for free speech because there was no internet back then. Plus a lot of gun related crimes are done with a illegally owned or illegally bought firearm. Abolishing the 2nd amendment infringes on the us citizens rights and would cause more harm then good.

4-Trump will do what every republican does, lower tax.

Hillary is much worse then trump will ever be

As for the debates I saw the pres debate.
it was a sling of insults with harder less relevant questions to trump and Lester failing TO mention any scandals to Hillary.

The VP debate saw pence win hands down,

Frog
October 5th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Frog, I think you will like this.

Suntax, have you watched any of the debates so far (Presidential or VP)? If so, what were your thoughts?

I personally have not watched yesterday's VP debate. I found it hilarious that the GOP released a summary of what happened and who won before the debate had even started (https://www.wired.com/2016/10/gop-says-pence-won-vp-debate-hours-starts/)...

This is magical

Suntax
October 5th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Well it worked out for them anyway, pence won, I know friends who think Hillary would be better still think pence won.

Mike the pence man pence

Never Unlucky
October 5th, 2016, 05:23 PM

1-Trump was not the first nor the last person to bring up any of what I stated, she decided to not help the ambassadors in benghazi, she deleted thousands of emails, she stole money through her foundation and shot down many winem who have tried to reveal Bill raped them

Trump also has his bad sides. He, too, is a manipulator. He allegedly did not pay some people who worked for him many times. He is also a racist man. There are many examples (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/) to show this. His speeches reek of a man who wants to please. His narrative changes depending on who the audience is (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/sep/01/compare-and-contrast-trumps-night-of-changing-rhetoric-video). Contradictory speeches like his don't make for a good president.

Look at both sides of the argument.

2-Assad was allowing Saudi Arabia to build a oil pipeline through the country and Assad did not want it going to the us, reason enough for a war. Number 2 democracy does not work in the middle east, look at Libya, look at Iran.

On what grounds does democracy not work in Iran? Also, because it does not work in some place does not mean it will not work in another place. It is a fallacy. The argument could be inversed easily ie democracy works in Argentina, therefore it will work in Venezuela. The train of thought does not work. Every area is different.

Perhaps, but that does not excuse Assad from bombing his own population and committing warcrimes.

3-I agree immigration is good when controlled but trump has stated that a disproportionate amount of illegal Mexican immigrants entering the country are committing felonys including rape and murder.

And is closing the U.S. borders the solution? I think not.

The 2nd amendment cannot be abolised that easily you know, it requires half the congress 33 states and the president to agree and even if that happened there would be mass riots, protests, guns will be kept and in the worse case a civil war. Plus the argument that it was made back then di it shouldn't be used now is stupid, it's like saying you can't use the internet for free speech because there was no internet back then. Plus a lot of gun related crimes are done with a illegally owned or illegally bought firearm. Abolishing the 2nd amendment infringes on the us citizens rights and would cause more harm then good.
Yes, I know. It probably never will. It was more of a Canadian mini-rant on the matter.

"Plus the argument that it was made back then di it shouldn't be used now is stupid, it's like saying you can't use the internet for free speech because there was no internet back then. "
No? I said that the context is different today, and the need to bear guns is not here (as much) anymore. How was the comparison with the internet relevant?

I get that. But to claim that he will both help the working class and the wealthiest Americans by creating plenty of new jobs whilst lowering the taxes is not realistic. It goes along my point of Trump selling a dream.

Support this.

it was a sling of insults with harder less relevant questions to trump and Lester failing TO mention any scandals to Hillary.

My expectations for Trump in that debate were really low. He still did not meet them (except the one for wearing a decent suit). All I saw from him was a man who was telling and not showing (He had like no statistics to back up his bolded policy claims. The only number I remember from him is a 400lbs man on a bed hacking.), a man who has a very limited vocabulary despite claiming he "knows words, [he has] the best words" ("the wealthy are going create tremendous jobs. They're going to expand their companies. They're going to do a tremendous job."), and a man who tried instigating fear to gather votes.

Holt was a good moderator. He did not mention any of Clinton's scandals because she actually has addressed them all in previous press conferences. Trump, however, had never addressed the scandals that were mentioned in the debate before. It was expected from Holt to touch upon those subjects. The fact that Trump was unable to make a half-intelligible comment on any of the touchy things brought up by Holt shows he is not a good candidate. He had months to prepare an answer to the predictable questions and still did not come up with a good response.

Cannot comment.

Frog
October 5th, 2016, 05:39 PM
It's like we're voting for a bread baker.
But instead of discussing recipes, ingredients, prices, commercial stategy, expansion, fall back plans, etc.
We're instead discussing:
What the bakers did years ago that isn't related to bread making
How the bakers look like
How the bakers make you feel by looking at them

Lol

I'd rather discuss baking policy

Like after the first debate Fox News reporters said Hilary looked fatigued and worse for wear
Literally every other news station said trump looked like a bloated clementine monster wearing a wig (or some variant thereof)

Whether they're blatant lies or true - they're not appropriate for political discussion.

It's all a circus anyway. #disenchantedcitizen

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 05:41 PM
His speeches reek of a man who wants to please.

LOL, I don't think you understand how politics work, NU -- you win by copious ass kissing of your constituency and making lots of insane promises that you know aren't going to be fulfilled. In Mafia terms, this would be considered NAI and not a point that could be held against anyone. On the whole, the masses are too dumb to hear the truth, which is that both sides propose tons of ideological and impractical nonsense.

Never Unlucky
October 5th, 2016, 05:52 PM
LOL, I don't think you understand how politics work, NU -- you win by copious ass kissing of your constituency and making lots of insane promises that you know aren't going to be fulfilled. In Mafia terms, this would be considered NAI and not a point that could be held against anyone. On the whole, the masses are too dumb to hear the truth, which is that both sides propose tons of ideological and impractical nonsense.

I do understand politics, and I get your point. My point was more that he has contradictory speeches like the 1 minute video I linked (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/sep/01/compare-and-contrast-trumps-night-of-changing-rhetoric-video)showcases.

Clinton at least shows consistency in her stances.

Never Unlucky
October 5th, 2016, 06:05 PM
It's like we're voting for a bread baker.
But instead of discussing recipes, ingredients, prices, commercial stategy, expansion, fall back plans, etc.
We're instead discussing:
What the bakers did years ago that isn't related to bread making
How the bakers look like
How the bakers make you feel by looking at them

Lol

I'd rather discuss baking policy

Like after the first debate Fox News reporters said Hilary looked fatigued and worse for wear
Literally every other news station said trump looked like a bloated clementine monster wearing a wig (or some variant thereof)

Whether they're blatant lies or true - they're not appropriate for political discussion.

It's all a circus anyway. #disenchantedcitizen

This is essentially Neil Postman's thesis in Amusing Ourselves to Death. With the advent of image-based media (Television and Internet), we associate knowledge with how we feel. This type of medium does not lead to rational thinking as images prompt emotions. What a politician says is not as important as how he says it and as what he looks like.

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 06:20 PM
I was going to vote Jill Stein but some of her anti science stances have me scratching my head and now I'm not sure

I'm writing in BananaCucho who's with me?

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 06:20 PM
I do understand politics, and I get your point. My point was more that he has contradictory speeches like the 1 minute video I linked (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/sep/01/compare-and-contrast-trumps-night-of-changing-rhetoric-video)showcases.

Clinton at least shows consistency in her stances.

All politicians shamelessly flip-flop -- Hillary isn't innocent of it either: http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/politifact-donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-lauded-controversial-tpp-deal/2295987

I get that most people are liberal here and Trump is a nutjob, but that doesn't make Hillary any less opportunistic and scandal-ridden herself. There's a reason the major narrative for this election is "the two most disliked candidates ever" -- they're not wrong.

As I posted to Staff Chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BuPgrBwHU

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 06:21 PM
I was going to vote Jill Stein but some of her anti science stances have me scratching my head and now I'm not sure

I'm writing in BananaCucho who's with me?

Toadette for President!

Brendan
October 5th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Trump is actually more retarded than Reagan.

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 06:42 PM
I hate Trump with a passion but after that shit the DNC pulled in tilting the primary in Hillary's favor I can't vote for her as a "lesser of two evils" vote.

My stupid state will vote Trump anyway, so protest vote FTW

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 06:51 PM
I hate Trump with a passion but after that shit the DNC pulled in tilting the primary in Hillary's favor I can't vote for her as a "lesser of two evils" vote.

Vote for the MZ / Aleppo candidate, lol.

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Vote for the MZ / Aleppo candidate, lol.

Gary Johnson is the biggest moron in the race

Frog
October 5th, 2016, 07:01 PM

What happens if there weren't any super delegate votes?

Clinton still wins by a large margin.

Don't be salty. Vote for the best candidate in your opinion.

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 07:22 PM

Pretty sure Banana is referring to the DNC shenanigans and conspiring against Sanders as opposed to the structural superdelegate issues, which are another giant issue altogether. Also, if you remove superdelegates, it would have been Hillary 2,205 (54.4%) vs. Bernie 1,846 (45.6%). That's hardly a large margin for a primary considering Hillary's prominence in Democratic circles for 30 odd years and the DNC's strong thumb on the scale for her during the entire process (see leaked e-mails and such). Also, outside of the south where Bernie got smoked by Hillary, he tended to perform better than her in states where Democrats actually win in the general election.

Lastly, I find it ironic that the so-called populist party is the one where a giant chunk of delegates are given to party elites / insiders as opposed to the party going along with the will of the voters. The superdelegate system is crap and only supports the interests of the party establishment over what the voters themselves want.

Unknown1234
October 5th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Canada FTW.

Orpz
October 5th, 2016, 07:33 PM
My state's deep blue, but I'm still voting Hillary for the Supreme Court nomination. That issue is the most important to me.

Actually, can someone explain to me why Obama isn't able to appoint someone?

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 07:35 PM
My state's deep blue, but I'm still voting Hillary for the Supreme Court nomination. That issue is the most important to me.

Senate committees and the filibuster.

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 07:38 PM
By the way, this is the greatest political speech ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amFRTRMBk1A

MattZed
October 5th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Pretty sure Banana is referring to the DNC shenanigans and conspiring against Sanders as opposed to the structural superdelegate issues, which are another giant issue altogether. Also, if you remove superdelegates, it would have been Hillary 2,205 (54.4%) vs. Bernie 1,846 (45.6%). That's hardly a large margin for a primary considering Hillary's prominence in Democratic circles for 30 odd years and the DNC's strong thumb on the scale for her during the entire process (see leaked e-mails and such). Also, outside of the south where Bernie got smoked by Hillary, he tended to perform better than her in states where Democrats actually win in the general election.

Lastly, I find it ironic that the so-called populist party is the one where a giant chunk of delegates are given to party elites / insiders as opposed to the party going along with the will of the voters. The superdelegate system is crap and only supports the interests of the party establishment over what the voters themselves want.
The point of super delegates is precisely to keep a Trump-like candidate from winning and destroying the party from the inside.

Whenever it comes to decently acceptable candidates, the super delegates will always side with the one with a majority of popular support. It happened when they switched from Clinton to Obama in '08, and you can bet they'd be shamed into voting for the popular candidate if Sanders had actually won more votes than Clinton.

It's a safeguard to prevent the party from hitting the self destruct button, not the usurpation of democracy.

Klingoncelt
October 5th, 2016, 07:45 PM

Suntax, your positions, all of them, are factually incorrect.

You can't base your position on lies, nor can you win others to your side by promoting lies.

MattZed
October 5th, 2016, 07:46 PM

Advice and consent of the senate. It's not consent if I'm required to say yes after you've asked enough times.

Klingoncelt
October 5th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Well it worked out for them anyway, pence won, I know friends who think Hillary would be better still think pence won.

Mike the pence man pence

Actually Kaine won, on factchecking.

Both lost on interrupting.

Pence lost huge on the Constitution.

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 07:48 PM
The point of super delegates is precisely to keep a Trump-like candidate from winning and destroying the party from the inside.

Whenever it comes to decently acceptable candidates, the super delegates will always side with the one with a majority of popular support. It happened when they switched from Clinton to Obama in '08, and you can bet they'd be shamed into voting for the popular candidate if Sanders had actually won more votes than Clinton.

It's a safeguard to prevent the party from hitting the self destruct button, not the usurpation of democracy.

Part of the reason Hillary won is because the superdelegates backed her up en masse so the media was able to goose the delegate totals suggesting that her nomination was inevitable to the extent that support for her opponents was suppressed -- i.e. no one wants to put a lot of energy into supporting a loser. Having 20% of the delegate be determined by ~700 party insiders is a giant and undemocratic thumb on the scale.

Unknown1234
October 5th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Actually Kaine won, on factchecking.

Both lost on interrupting.

Pence lost huge on the Constitution.

Is that not incredibly biased?

Klingoncelt
October 5th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Gary Johnson is the biggest moron in the race

True dat.

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Advice and consent of the senate. It's not consent if I'm required to say yes after you've asked enough times.

Indeed -- to quote Obama re: Obamacare, "elections have consequences". If you want the Senate to go along with you, then don't lose the Senate to the other party.

MattZed
October 5th, 2016, 07:56 PM
True dat.
I'm not sure you realize how much of an endorsement you're giving to Donald Trump here.

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure you realize how much of an endorsement you're giving to Donald Trump here.

I think there's a big difference between stupid and brash. I'm sure Trump could have come up with some BS on that "most respected foreign leader" question -- I just don't know how you blank on that being a presidential candidate...

MattZed
October 5th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Part of the reason Hillary won is because the superdelegates backed her up en masse so the media was able to goose the delegate totals suggesting that her nomination was inevitable to the extent that support for her opponents was suppressed -- i.e. no one wants to put a lot of energy into supporting a loser. Having 20% of the delegate be determined by ~700 party insiders is a giant and undemocratic thumb on the scale.
"Nobody wants to put energy into supporting a loser" is basically the opposite of how elections work. Sanders started doing BETTER after it was clear he was going to lose because liberal voters who otherwise preferred Clinton felt they could "safely" vote for Sanders, while the rest of her base became less enthusiastic about turning out. People show up to support their underdog candidates. They're apathetic if they think their preferred dog is just going to win anyways.

Klingoncelt
October 5th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Is that not incredibly biased?

No, it's true.

I watched the debates, unlike almost everyone else on the planet.

The two VP candidates frequently interrupted each other to the point of incoherent rabble.

Pence claimed his religion gave him authority to make abortion illegal, however the Supreme Court already determined that outlawing abortion is unconstitutional. Further, trying to outlaw it on one's religious beliefs is a clear violation of the First Amendment.

Most of Pence's claims were already debunked, he was stupid to double down on proven lies.

Klingoncelt
October 5th, 2016, 08:02 PM

Is it bigger than a leppo?

MattZed
October 5th, 2016, 08:04 PM
I think there's a big difference between stupid and brash. I'm sure Trump could have come up with some BS on that "most respected foreign leader" question -- I just don't know how you blank on that being a presidential candidate...

Libertarianism isn't popular on the world stage, so asking him to come up with a leader he truly admires isn't going to be much of a fair question because he's ideologically inclined to disagree with the lot of them.

If you truly think Johnson knows less about how the US Government works than Donald Trump, you've gained the remarkable ability to forget the things that Donald Trump has actually been saying.

Klingoncelt
October 5th, 2016, 08:07 PM
"Nobody wants to put energy into supporting a loser" is basically the opposite of how elections work. Sanders started doing BETTER after it was clear he was going to lose because liberal voters who otherwise preferred Clinton felt they could "safely" vote for Sanders, while the rest of her base became less enthusiastic about turning out. People show up to support their underdog candidates. They're apathetic if they think their preferred dog is just going to win anyways.

Sanders' problem was foreign policy - there are lots of democrats paranoid of the Mideast.
He also had a problem with wanting to make college free. The math simply does not support that, although there are ways to significantly lower costs.
He gave too many the impression that he was a liberal hippie and wouldn't stand a chance against whoever the republicans would run. (Trump wasn't definitely the nominee at that time.)

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Libertarianism isn't popular on the world stage, so asking him to come up with a leader he truly admires isn't going to be much of a fair question because he's ideologically inclined to disagree with the lot of them.

If you truly think Johnson knows less about how the US Government works than Donald Trump, you've gained the remarkable ability to forget the things that Donald Trump has actually been saying.

Honestly, he could have said that vs. stammering on as he did. It would have been a more principled answer if he went into some speech about how philosophically, he was more concerned about domestic affairs and the interests of the U.S. over foreign interests. Instead, he looked clueless and ambushed. At least Weld is able to roll with the punches.

MattZed
October 5th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Honestly, he could have said that vs. stammering on as he did. It would have been a more principled answer if he went into some speech about how philosophically, he was more concerned about domestic affairs and the interests of the U.S. over foreign interests. Instead, he looked clueless and ambushed. At least Weld is able to roll with the punches.
Coming up with a clean off-the-cuff response while Chris Matthews is continuously shouting words at you on national television is not as easy as it sounds.

If the US media and US public as a whole actually cared about learning about Gary Johnson and his positions, then we'd have headlines about him other than his perceived gaffes. The fact that this is the only thing that actually catches a news cycle reveals that people simply don't give a shit about third parties, not that Johnson is an idiot.

DarknessB
October 5th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Coming up with a clean off-the-cuff response while Chris Matthews is continuously shouting words at you on national television is not as easy as it sounds.

If the US media and US public as a whole actually cared about learning about Gary Johnson and his positions, then we'd have headlines about him other than his perceived gaffes. The fact that this is the only thing that actually catches a news cycle reveals that people simply don't give a shit about third parties, not that Johnson is an idiot.

Nah, Americans love third parties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT_BuJAI70

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 09:08 PM

What a dumb comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/three-more-democratic-national-committee-officials-resign-in-wake-of-email-leak-1470164138?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Several top DNC members resigned after being caught with their pants down working against Sanders.

Bernie's message and platform was very popular and even if the DNC didn't do this would Clinton have still won based on name brand alone? Maybe. The fact though that the DNC helped push an undesirable candidate down our throats leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. This goes without saying that Hillary herself is practically a Republican. The fact that top Republican officials are declaring their votes for Hillary - including a former Republican President - tells you the story right there. She's an insider that represents the interests of the few and not the many. Nothing will change under her. The tax code will still continue to be broken, we'll still be overly involved in the middle east, the rich will get richer and the rest of us will struggle more and more, etc. More of the same of the last 30 years or so. Nothing in her record as both a senator and secretary of state suggests otherwise.

As long as Repiclicans don't control the majority in both houses after this election, it really doesn't matter who wins. Nothing is going to get better for us any time soon.

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 09:12 PM

The guy agrees with the science of climate change but that we shouldn't do anything about it cause the sun will eventually engulf the earth - billions of years from now. Yeah the guy is a moron.

http://i.imgur.com/Z0mE7jV.jpg

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 09:17 PM
While we're talking about libertarians, libertarian/republican jesus is my most favorite meme. So many great ones like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b5/d1/99/b5d199f516909913f8c236c8c00dcc49.jpg

Frog
October 5th, 2016, 10:01 PM
What a dumb comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/three-more-democratic-national-committee-officials-resign-in-wake-of-email-leak-1470164138?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Several top DNC members resigned after being caught with their pants down working against Sanders.

Bernie's message and platform was very popular and even if the DNC didn't do this would Clinton have still won based on name brand alone? Maybe. The fact though that the DNC helped push an undesirable candidate down our throats leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. This goes without saying that Hillary herself is practically a Republican. The fact that top Republican officials are declaring their votes for Hillary - including a former Republican President - tells you the story right there. She's an insider that represents the interests of the few and not the many. Nothing will change under her. The tax code will still continue to be broken, we'll still be overly involved in the middle east, the rich will get richer and the rest of us will struggle more and more, etc. More of the same of the last 30 years or so. Nothing in her record as both a senator and secretary of state suggests otherwise.

As long as Repiclicans don't control the majority in both houses after this election, it really doesn't matter who wins. Nothing is going to get better for us any time soon.

Dumb comment?

But Clinton still won by 2 sigmas without the super delegate votes.

It's factually correct.

The entire DNC shenanigans are rendered null.

Kind of like someone who takes a test, tries to replace it with a pre-written one but doesn't manage to make the swap, and aces the test anyway.

The conclusion is the same. That intermediate facts are true and it's morally questionable, but it doesn't change the conclusion.

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 10:31 PM
:facepalm:

Apocist
October 5th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Clinton and Trump are both horrible candidates.

Apo doesn't understand how Americans come about biting their own feet off. Do they boil their shoes first, or just tear right through the leather?

Still going to write Bernie down.

Suntax
October 5th, 2016, 11:41 PM
This is interesting.

I have noticed a high amount of liberals here should of expected that but whatever.

I don't know if I see it different since im in a position where I can be non bias.

I agree trump is far from the best but if you hate Hillary then vote trump, by voting third party your wasting your vote as neither of the third party are gonna get voted in.

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 11:49 PM
This is interesting.

I have noticed a high amount of liberals here should of expected that but whatever.

I don't know if I see it different since im in a position where I can be non bias.

I agree trump is far from the best but if you hate Hillary then vote trump, by voting third party your wasting your vote as neither of the third party are gonna get voted in.

Fuck you. I would never vote an openly white supremacist. That's literally voting against my interest.

BananaCucho
October 5th, 2016, 11:50 PM
I have literally 0 respect for anyone that votes or supports that literal shit Trump.

Lysergic
October 5th, 2016, 11:53 PM
I have literally 0 respect for anyone that votes or supports that literal shit Trump.

I have 0 respect for people who misuse the word "literal."

And also no respect for Trump supporters, so at least we can agree on that.

Elixir
October 6th, 2016, 12:48 AM
You guys have a 50% chance of having a worse government than Australia currently has and I didn't think it was possible considering how ass backwards as fuck their policies are.

gl.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2016, 01:17 AM
I have 0 respect for people who misuse the word "literal."

And also no respect for Trump supporters, so at least we can agree on that.

Sorry to say, because even I hate this, but the English language has evolved and saying literally in a non-literal way is correct. Look up the definition, it's lame
Literal: meaning not literal

Mugy
October 6th, 2016, 03:47 AM
You guys have a 50% chance of having a worse government than Australia currently has and I didn't think it was possible considering how ass backwards as fuck their policies are.

gl.

FTTN I say.

Never Unlucky
October 6th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Canada FTW.

This comment wins the thread.

This is interesting.

You are getting this wrong. My political ideology has little to do with who I support in the US presidential race. Being a liberal does not mean I would automatically vote for the Democrats in every election. False cause.

Frankly, your position is biased. 3-4 of your arguments supporting Trump related directly with Clinton and Trump's position on Russia.

This is a fallacy.

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Sorry to say, because even I hate this, but the English language has evolved and saying literally in a non-literal way is correct. Look up the definition, it's lame
Literal: meaning not literal

LOL, much how Alanis Morrisette helped expand "irony" into anything that was merely unfortunate.

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 07:10 AM
My political ideology has little to do with who I support in the US presidential race. Being a liberal does not mean I would automatically vote for the Democrats in every election. False cause.

ROFL. Not automatically, but just 99% of the time, right? Care to cite some counterexamples post-1960s when the parties realigned? Given the polarization of the two parties, there are very few liberal Republicans or conservative Democrats left these days. That's a shame because at least there was some nuance there, as opposed to ideological purity as a requirement to be in office. Also, means the parties view governance as more of a blood sport than something where you should cooperate since there's less common ground or ways to get people from the other party to support your common sense ideas.

UPDATE: There's also some massive hypothetical bias here given the parties have become more extreme and ideological over time. I.e. Democrats demonized McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012, but any reasonable Democrat would be far more willing to have either as their President vs. Trump. However, I doubt there were many Democrats that supported either over Obama. I.e. it's easy to say, well, I would have supported less terrible Republican X if they were running today, but it doesn't mean you would have actually voted for them when they ran for office.

Suntax
October 6th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Wow chill down bannana I know Hillary is friends with a ex leader id the kkk but chill, your beginning to sound like third wave feminist who believe in demi-boy, genderfluid turtle otherkin and all that other SJW shit.

Also if you don't like/hate and don't respect anyone who voted trump then you are technically a bigot as you are not liking ir not respecting them based on there political standpoint.

Unlucky-i know that your ideological standpoint does not equate your political affiliation but a majority of democrats are liberal and majority of republicans are conservative.

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Wow chill down bannana I know Hillary is friends with a ex leader id the kkk but chill, your beginning to sound like third wave feminist who believe in demi-boy, genderfluid turtle otherkin and all that other SJW shit.

Also if you don't like/hate and don't respect anyone who voted trump then you are technically a bigot as you are not liking ir not respecting them based on there political standpoint.

Unlucky-i know that your ideological standpoint does not equate your political affiliation but a majority of democrats are liberal and majority of republicans are conservative.

I don't support Hillary. Way to misread my comments, moron.

I have 0 respect for Trump supporters because he's built his campaign on racism, xenophobia, islamophobia, etc.

If I'm a bigot for calling out racist white supremacists then I guess I'm a bigot.

Suntax
October 6th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Oh insulting your opponent and basing the fact trump is a white supremacist and has been for 50 plus years.
Im not going uk get into his Muslim immigration policy, I stand true that a temporary of people from the religion the majority of terrorism is currently coming from will help the country.
xenophobia comes from his Mexico policy mainly and as I stated before a disproportionate amount of Mexicans entering the country are rapists, murderers ect. Is a wall the way to solve it, I doubt it but something needs to be done. I fail to see where he shines with racism unless you count racism as not Supporting BLM.

I never misread you and I assumed you will be voting Hillary against trump so calling me a moron or telling me to fuck off while om attempting to debate is uncalled for. The last main debate was on the LGBT stuff and I noticed the uncalled insulting again.

I don't know of your a millennial or not and frankly I don't give a SHIT, but millennials are well known to be irrational, SJW, liberal's not all of them but a lot but your sounding a lot like a millennial

Orpz
October 6th, 2016, 08:33 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-terminally-ill-dying-people-hang-on-until-voting-day-us-election-nevada-rally-republican-a7347421.html

Shills will defend this

Suntax
October 6th, 2016, 08:40 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-terminally-ill-dying-people-hang-on-until-voting-day-us-election-nevada-rally-republican-a7347421.html

Shills will defend this

Firstly a nice liberal bias news source like the independent or CNN are not good sources of information.

Secondly there taking it out of context, he did not say 'IF YOUR TERMINALLY ILL AND GONNA DIE VOTE ME THEN DIE'

He was making the point everyone should vote and if you cant see that he was telling everyone that they should vote then I feel for you.

Orpz
October 6th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Firstly a nice liberal bias news source like the independent or CNN are not good sources of information.

Secondly there taking it out of context, he did not say 'IF YOUR TERMINALLY ILL AND GONNA DIE VOTE ME THEN DIE'

He was making the point everyone should vote and if you cant see that he was telling everyone that they should vote then I feel for you.

It was a recorded video, unless you're claiming that the Independent doctored it.

No, all he said was "I don't care how sick you are. I don't care if you just came back from the doctor and he gave you the worst possible prognosis, meaning it's over. Doesn't matter. Hang out till November 8. Get out and vote. All we’re going to say is: ‘We love you and we will remember you always’."

0.02 cents has been deposited into your account by the New Ruso-America Internet Defense Force. Thank you for your service.

Never Unlucky
October 6th, 2016, 09:02 AM
ROFL. Not automatically, but just 99% of the time, right? Care to cite some counterexamples post-1960s when the parties realigned? Given the polarization of the two parties, there are very few liberal Republicans or conservative Democrats left these days. That's a shame because at least there was some nuance there, as opposed to ideological purity as a requirement to be in office. Also, means the parties view governance as more of a blood sport than something where you should cooperate since there's less common ground or ways to get people from the other party to support your common sense ideas.

It wasn't my point. I am a liberal, but that does not mean I will vote for the liberal party of my province/country. There are 2-3 liberal major parties in my province alone. Also, in 2011, I supported the neo-democrats (socialist party) though I did not have the right to vote at the time. My vote is not sold pre-elections. It may be hard to understand for an American as you guys have a two-party system.

Suntax
October 6th, 2016, 09:05 AM
It was a recorded video, unless you're claiming that the Independent doctored it.

No, all he said was "I don't care how sick you are. I don't care if you just came back from the doctor and he gave you the worst possible prognosis, meaning it's over. Doesn't matter. Hang out till November 8. Get out and vote. All we’re going to say is: ‘We love you and we will remember you always’."

0.02 cents has been deposited into your account by the New Ruso-America Internet Defense Force. Thank you for your service.

'I was talking about the article the video is correct but taken from context

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 09:09 AM
It wasn't my point. I am a liberal, but that does not mean I will vote for the liberal party of my province/country. There are 2-3 liberal major parties in my province alone. Also, in 2011, I supported the neo-democrats (socialist party) though I did not have the right to vote at the time. My vote is not sold pre-elections. It may be hard to understand for an American as you guys have a two-party system.

So you're between voting for different liberal parties? LOL, ok then -- sounds like you're drawing distinctions that don't apply in the U.S. system. The way you phrased your oriignal comment, you were making it sound more like if you would consider voting Conservative in Canada -- that would be the parallel to voting Republican in the U.S. Your liberal parties are just wings of the Democratic Party that we have here -- i.e. super liberal vs. somewhat liberal. It's like saying you're an Elizabeth Warren Democrat vs. a mainstream liberal Democrat. Doesn't mean anything in a two-party system, and doesn't suggest much of any ideological flexibility / openmindedness.

Suntax
October 6th, 2016, 09:40 AM

Orpz
October 6th, 2016, 09:56 AM

You and I both know there's no context that will make what he said sound better.

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Oh insulting your opponent and basing the fact trump is a white supremacist and has been for 50 plus years.
Im not going uk get into his Muslim immigration policy, I stand true that a temporary of people from the religion the majority of terrorism is currently coming from will help the country.
xenophobia comes from his Mexico policy mainly and as I stated before a disproportionate amount of Mexicans entering the country are rapists, murderers ect. Is a wall the way to solve it, I doubt it but something needs to be done. I fail to see where he shines with racism unless you count racism as not Supporting BLM.

I never misread you and I assumed you will be voting Hillary against trump so calling me a moron or telling me to fuck off while om attempting to debate is uncalled for. The last main debate was on the LGBT stuff and I noticed the uncalled insulting again.

I don't know of your a millennial or not and frankly I don't give a SHIT, but millennials are well known to be irrational, SJW, liberal's not all of them but a lot but your sounding a lot like a millennial

Remember this?

"and fuck you too
fucking cunt
first fucking time i hosted
fuck this
im getting a shower and vodka and coke be back in 10
fucking hell"

Yet you call me out on uncalled for insults? kek

You really are a moron. I literally said in THIS THREAD that I can't vote for Hillary. They must not teach children how to read in Russia.

On Mexican immigrants, Trumps claim that most illegal immigrants are murderers and rapists is false. There is no data to support this claim. Simply taking his word for it makes you a moron. Look at the evidence, not incendiary claims.

"Data on immigrants and crime are incomplete, but a range of studies show there is no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than native-born Americans. In fact, first-generation immigrants are predisposed to lower crime rates than native-born Americans. (The Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates for restrictive immigration laws, has a detailed report showing the shortfalls of immigrant crime data.)"

But fuck facts right, when you have a demagogue who can feed your racist biased opinion right?

http://wapo.st/1J3uuEA?tid=ss_sms-amp

Its not like the guy completely makes stuff up about Muslims right?

Trump wrongly claimed that a Pew Research Center survey found that among the world’s Muslims, “27 percent, could be 35 percent, would go to war” against the U.S.
The Pew Research Center says it has conducted no survey that asks such a question, nor did experts we consulted know of any such survey. One expert we talked to called Trump’s claim “nonsense.” Another told us it had “no scientific basis.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/03/trumps-false-muslim-claim/

In fact the actual FACT of the matter is that of 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world, around 100,000 of them are fighting for jihadist causes - do the math, that's less than .01% - not 1%, .01% - but again fuck facts amirite? It probably has nothing to do with the fact that around 62% of Muslims are Arab - WHITE POWER ALL THE WAY MAN

Don't even get me started on his long record of racism - look how he treated the first US black President with the birther nonsense that he pushed for YEARS even after Obama provided his birth certificate - and no white President has ever undergone this type of questioning, not even white candidates who were born outside the US like McCain and Ted Cruz had to answer to this line of questioning - but naw in his mind he was doing the country such a great service. Cause again fuck logic.

You really do have to lack critical thinking skills to support that guy.

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 10:30 AM
You and I both know there's no context that will make what he said sound better.

That's their cop out for everything he says lmao. Taken out of context, give me a break.

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 10:33 AM
That's their cop out for everything he says lmao. Taken out of context, give me a break.

Ah, the good old excuse from a zillion Mafia games here -- "it was a joke, guys!"

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Ah, the good old excuse from a zillion Mafia games here -- "it was a joke, guys!"

STOP MISREPPING ME!

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 10:36 AM
STOP MISREPPING ME!

Sounds like we're entering SaltMafia territory. :cheesy:

Never Unlucky
October 6th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Sounds like we're entering SaltMafia territory. :cheesy:

Someone called me?

Suntax
October 6th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Sigh, im not even gonna argue angainst another SJW liberal idiot who likely supports BLM and third wave feminism.

Want some facts go to Paul Joseph Watson.

And even though I asked to keep this discussion civil it's turned and Turning into a toxic shitstorm, I would make a long detailed reply with my own sources and facts if my laptop wasent broken.

But since we have decided to turn a discussion into a shitstorm because of banana-a trend im noticing btw- it seems that for one to have a civil debate you cannot allow certain people to debate of all there going to do is turn a debate toxic.

Why I asked for a subforum.

But whatever trying to extract people's opinions without insult is too hard for some.

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Sigh, im not even gonna argue angainst another SJW liberal idiot who likely supports BLM and third wave feminism.

And even though I asked to keep this discussion civil it's turned and Turning into a toxic shitstorm, I would make a long detailed reply with my own sources and facts if my laptop wasent broken.

But since we have decided to turn a discussion into a shitstorm because of banana-a trend im noticing btw- it seems that for one to have a civil debate you cannot allow certain people to debate of all there going to do is turn a debate toxic.

But whatever trying to extract people's opinions without insult is too hard for some.

Lmao, excuses after excuses, drops out of argument, provides no data and then straw mans.

Checkmate gg ez

secondpassing
October 6th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Don't mind me~ just gathering information here.

secondpassing
October 6th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Frankly, your position is biased. 3-4 of your arguments supporting Trump related directly with Clinton and Trump's position on Russia.

This is a fallacy.

Not a fallacy.

Edit: Probably should give a longer answer.

I don't see a fallacy in one where Suntax merely looks out for his best interest. Since he lives in Russia, it would be best for him if the candidate that made policies most favorable to Russia won. Most people aren't looking out for the interests of the entire population of the world/all the members of their country.

secondpassing
October 6th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I see both parties (democratic and republican) to be conservative on a whole. Both Hilary and Trump are promising to enact policies that I wouldn't agree with, and things are possibly not going to get better for Americans for the next 4/8 years.

Where do you people go to for non-biased information?

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 11:42 AM

Personally, I'm much more in favor of fourth-wave feminism.

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I see both parties (democratic and republican) to be conservative on a whole. Both Hilary and Trump are promising to enact policies that I wouldn't agree with, and things are possibly not going to get better for Americans for the next 4/8 years.

The U.S. is more conservative compared to other western countries. You're also more liberal compared to most in the U.S. Keep in mind that Hillary is making all sorts of wild promises like free college tuition that aren't going to be kept for logistical and fiscal reasons -- this was a consequence of being dragged to the left by Bernie. Oh, and TheOnion (http://www.theonion.com/) of course, is America's finest news source.

Never Unlucky
October 6th, 2016, 11:54 AM

This website already has too many sub-forums.

Orpz
October 6th, 2016, 11:57 AM

So is the le SJW boogeyman your favorite strawman for all liberals or what?

You called for a debate and ended up going with the "DUDE if you disagree...youre RETARDED OR A SJW LMAO" meme.

but millennials are well known to be irrational, SJW, liberal's not all of them but a lot but your sounding a lot like a millennial

Let's stop pretending like you didn't shit up your own thread.

DarknessB
October 6th, 2016, 12:03 PM
So is the le SJW boogeyman your favorite strawman for all liberals or what?

You called for a debate and ended up going with the "DUDE if you disagree...youre RETARDED OR A SJW LMAO" meme.

Let's stop pretending like you didn't shit up your own thread.

TBH, I'm rather disappointed that you didn't use the word "cuck" in this post.

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 12:15 PM
TDL reading the thread. In b4 some stupid right wing "guns don't kill people -- dangerous minorities do" post

Frog
October 6th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Personally, I'm much more in favor of fourth-wave feminism.

I support red wave feminism, but I try to avoid it.

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 01:50 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14572332_169798456804370_697812624033843444_n.jpg? efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=33be66032922ebbc957444670bd31ad0&oe=58A948AD

Elixir
October 6th, 2016, 05:21 PM
FTTN I say.

https://cdn.meme.am/images/300x/15124428.jpg

Apocist
October 6th, 2016, 06:21 PM
This is interesting.

It's this way of thinking that is destroying the political system. In your words you are telling people to 'sheep' to make sure the other candidate shouldn't win. If everyone would just vote for who they think would actually be best for themselves rather the biggest ball of hot air, we might get somewhere in the US.

Mateo
October 6th, 2016, 06:29 PM
It's this way of thinking that is destroying the political system. In your words you are telling people to 'sheep' to make sure the other candidate shouldn't win. If everyone would just vote for who they think would actually be best for themselves rather the biggest ball of hot air, we might get somewhere in the US.

we'll never get anywhere as long as we have electoral college

Klingoncelt
October 6th, 2016, 06:50 PM
ROFL.

UPDATE: There's also some massive hypothetical bias here given the parties have become more extreme and ideological over time. I.e. Democrats demonized McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012, but any reasonable Democrat would be far more willing to have either as their President vs. Trump. However, I doubt there were many Democrats that supported either over Obama. I.e. it's easy to say, well, I would have supported less terrible Republican X if they were running today, but it doesn't mean you would have actually voted for them when they ran for office.

This. So much.

Klingoncelt
October 6th, 2016, 07:00 PM

I'm on a political site and none of Trump's supporters there are decent human beings.

Their political standpoint is based on their personal ideologies - women, non-whites, and non-xtians are non-essential humans and can be treated as 2nd-class citizens or slaves. Even though they are less intelligent, less educated, less accomplished, and less emotionally invested with the rest of humanity they somehow decided that they are for some reason better and more deserving than everyone else.

Klingoncelt
October 6th, 2016, 07:06 PM

The majority of people coming in from Mexico are Ecuadorian refugees escaping horrific conditions. Almost none of the illegal and/or legal immigrants from any country are disproportionally violent/criminal.

Suntax, you need to go to Snopes .com and factcheck your talking points. Most of them were debunked already.

oops_ur_dead
October 6th, 2016, 07:19 PM

It doesn't matter as long as the election system is based on FPTP. It's in people's best interests to vote for the major candidate that most closely resembles their actual views, because niche/third-party candidates will never win. Even if everyone in the US voted for who they actually want, I bet you Democrats and Republicans would still get the bulk of the vote. And if you are a socialist party voter, I'm sure you would rather see Clinton in office than Trump, by however small of a margin. In that case, if your vote will not matter anyway since the socialist party will never win, there's no reason to not vote for Clinton.

PLZLEAVEDUCKK
October 6th, 2016, 07:25 PM
...smh who thought a political thread on this website was a good idea.

You guys all have some interesting opinions....

Never Unlucky
October 6th, 2016, 07:27 PM

I for one would like to know where Suntax gets his "unbiased" info from.

Mateo
October 6th, 2016, 07:29 PM
It doesn't matter as long as the election system is based on FPTP. It's in people's best interests to vote for the major candidate that most closely resembles their actual views, because niche/third-party candidates will never win. Even if everyone in the US voted for who they actually want, I bet you Democrats and Republicans would still get the bulk of the vote. And if you are a socialist party voter, I'm sure you would rather see Clinton in office than Trump, by however small of a margin. In that case, if your vote will not matter anyway since the socialist party will never win, there's no reason to not vote for Clinton.

as a russian, u should know the socialist party will be victorious when the alienation of labor becomes so great that the proletariat are forced to throw of their shackles and reclaim their rightful place from the oligarchs

Mateo
October 6th, 2016, 07:36 PM
...smh who thought a political thread on this website was a good idea.

obv the person that started the thread

dumbass

oops_ur_dead
October 6th, 2016, 07:41 PM

Pretty typical GenX/Boomer arrogance. First, you fuck everything up, then when millennials actually try to do some things right, you get defensive because you're too vain to admit you were wrong about anything. Smh.

Mateo
October 6th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Pretty typical GenX/Boomer arrogance. First, you fuck everything up, then when millennials actually try to do some things right, you get defensive because you're too vain to admit you were wrong about anything. Smh.

hes just salty he couldnt beat mujahideen rockin horses and muskets

thedougler
October 6th, 2016, 08:02 PM
I've made a similar thread last year regarding US Politics, and one with an emphasis on Jeb Bush vs Clinton.

I support Clinton unabashedly tbh.

But that's just like my opinion man.

I could discuss policy, but most people don't seem to value policy decisions when choosing president of the free world.

I remember that thread. Pretty sure I told everyone Trump would beat out all of the blue blood Rockefeller Republicans in the primaries because he actually addresses issues the Republican base cares about (the 2nd amendment, third world immigration, relative economic decline and lop-sided trade deals). It felt good being proven right. Despite the shitty polls just weeks from the election I still think he has a strong chance of winning. People who hold un-PC opinions generally don't admit to them in polls (just look at the Brexit vote). Pretty ridiculous seeing the New York Times predict an 80% chance of a Clinton victory when her natural base (minorities, milennials and the college educated) just isn't energized to vote for her due to her immense baggage as a career politician. Gary Johnson is probably taking more votes from Hillary than from Trump at this point.

Obviously I would vote Trump in an instant if I were American. He isn't the most eloquently spoken proponent of my views on immigration, but he is the first prominent political voice since Eisenhower to say enough is enough. I don't think he's quite as stupid as the MSM and his Queens dialect would have us believe. You have to be pretty smart to game the system the way he has (or at least hire smart people). I even think releasing his tax returns could work in his favor with voters. Who knows best how to fix the tax code than the biggest tax-cheat of them all?

I am more of a centrist on economic issues and definitely wish he were more like Hillary on that score. If corporations are fleeing to the Cayman islands because they don't want to pay 35% on their profits, they aren't going to come back to the U.S. and pay his proposed 15% when they could keep paying next to nothing abroad. The ones that have stayed realize the benefits of having your headquarters and logistical nerves close to market. His proposals would recklessly baloon the deficit even as he criticizes Obama for doubling U.S. federal debt. The only mitigating factor here (as he has rightly pointed out) is that the U.S. Treasury is basically borrowing for free right now.

His opposition to abortion and climate change are losing battles in the eyes of most voters, and some of his unscientific statements really leave you scratching your head. I get that Solyndra was a giant boondogle, but that doesn't mean we can rely on coal forever, especially when solar energy is about to become more cost efficient than coal. It's a cynical ploy to grab Appalachian votes, but tbqfh Appalachia needs to face the music and realize those coal jobs are never coming back.

secondpassing
October 6th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I'm on a political site and none of Trump's supporters there are decent human beings.

Their political standpoint is based on their personal ideologies - women, non-whites, and non-xtians are non-essential humans and can be treated as 2nd-class citizens or slaves. Even though they are less intelligent, less educated, less accomplished, and less emotionally invested with the rest of humanity they somehow decided that they are for some reason better and more deserving than everyone else.

This is a good point.
Probably futile, but we can use this to caution our fellows before they devolve into the acting out the same type of behavior.

Let's not use my not-aggressive question as something to turn into a jab.

obv the person that started the thread

dumbass

Instead of trying to demean someone's worth, you could actually do something productive and attempt to educate him.

Mateo
October 6th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Instead of trying to demean someone's worth, you could actually do something productive and attempt to educate him.

sounds boring. u can teach the retard class, im good

secondpassing
October 6th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Suntax You probably should have expected something like this to happen, especially with you bringing in views that are unpopular.
Since you are the owner of this thread, I suggest that you refrain from calling millennials irrational as that will offend many.

In the meanwhile, you can join me upon educating yourself with American politics.

::

Concerning immigration:
[I am biased toward Mexicans because I think Mexicans are nice.]
You do, however, affiliate immigrants with people who are more likely to commit crimes. Yes... but the more telling fact is that poverty and crime are linked.
And that poverty and immigration are linked.

How this affects you:
Someone said this but—1. immigration fuels the economy.
2. A stronger US economy means a better world economy.
3. Which means you might be more likely to keep your job.

secondpassing
October 6th, 2016, 08:50 PM

Great, then maybe you can close your mouth and quit speaking.

Orpz
October 6th, 2016, 08:55 PM

Seriously. I'd much rather share my country with refugees than sociopaths.

Apocist
October 6th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Apo affiliates illegal immigrants to people that don't pay their fair share of taxes.

Legal immigration needs to be made more feasible.

Frog
October 6th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Apo affiliates illegal immigrants to people that don't pay their fair share of taxes.

Legal immigration needs to be made more feasible.

1) Donald Trump hasn't paid federal taxes in at least 30 years.
Does this mean Donald Trump isn't paying his fair share?
Who would you say is being the most 'unfair' to the United States? Donald Trump or every current illegal immigrant combined?

2) You probably recognize illegal immigrants prefer to be legal.
Where fairness is concerned with respect to taxes:
Do you believe any legalized American would work for well below government mandated minimum wage?
Do you believe any legalized Anerican would accept the jobs and hours illegal immigrants take?
I'd argue illegal immigrants pay a price far greater than taxes and are far more essential to our economy than most American citizens.

Apocist
October 6th, 2016, 10:08 PM
1) Donald Trump hasn't paid federal taxes in at least 30 years.
Does this mean Donald Trump isn't paying his fair share?
Who would you say is being the most 'unfair' to the United States? Donald Trump or every current illegal immigrant combined?

2) You probably recognize illegal immigrants prefer to be legal.
Where fairness is concerned with respect to taxes:
Do you believe any legalized American would work for well below government mandated minimum wage?
Do you believe any legalized Anerican would accept the jobs and hours illegal immigrants take?
I'd argue illegal immigrants pay a price far greater than taxes and are far more essential to our economy than most American citizens.

Apo don't know how to respond to your Trump comments, Apo has no love for him.

---

That's only because we allow the system to be this way. Why do have the system if we are going to exclude a percentage and even consider it illegal in the first place?

Someone will always need to work certain jobs. If there isn't a decent means. the economy would need to shift to make it work. Are you saying that it is right that we have folks that work for below minimum wage? Do you believe immigrants should have to carry these unnecessary hardships?

Apo would also argue that illegal immigrants pay a price far greater than taxes, but that also doesn't make it right for them not to pay any. Yes, there is a lower to upper class gap that needs to be formed to keep the status quo, but there needs to be a limit to everything.

PLZLEAVEDUCKK
October 6th, 2016, 10:20 PM

It is not nice talking to your teacher like that.

Frog
October 6th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Apo don't know how to respond to your Trump comments, Apo has no love for him.

---

That's only because we allow the system to be this way. Why do have the system if we are going to exclude a percentage and even consider it illegal in the first place?

Someone will always need to work certain jobs. If there isn't a decent means. the economy would need to shift to make it work. Are you saying that it is right that we have folks that work for below minimum wage? Do you believe immigrants should have to carry these unnecessary hardships?

Apo would also argue that illegal immigrants pay a price far greater than taxes, but that also doesn't make it right for them not to pay any. Yes, there is a lower to upper class gap that needs to be formed to keep the status quo, but there needs to be a limit to everything.

I think arguing for illegal immigration as a necessary evil is a slippery slope towards a pro-slavery argument; Likewise with illegal immigrant pay.

I'd like everyone to earn at least a "living" wage.

I'd like everyone to be treated with respect.

I'd also like a beer. Cheers.

Suntax
October 6th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Second-if I decided to not voice ny unpopular opinion then im giving in to the political correctness.
Im obviously not a expert on this but a lot of you would likely understand my viewpoint if you cant from Russia.
If I remember a quote from Putin he stated that id there's is a single terror attack in Russia in 24 hours every Muslim will be dead.

When I see trump, I see somebody who is like putin-A strong leader who will do what they need to for the country . A lot id you will think Putin is done evil Russian overlord.
but under his leadership he has rebuilt this country, grow the military to good standards with good weaponry and improved the economy all after the communist and uneeded trade sanctions from Obama who had the mentality of a cold war president.

Trump getting elected would calm this heated floor on international politics which would be raised if Clinton got elected.

To whoever was talking about my generation-i lived through communism, cold war Russia, two fucking wars and now even in Russia I hear millennial moaning how hard life is and SJW's (A sjw is a social justice warrior, people who contradict themselves, are complete hypocrites and follow stupid movements) moaning how unequal the world is.
I fail to see any good thing a millennial has done that I care about.

BananaCucho
October 6th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Second-if I decided to not voice ny unpopular opinion then im giving in to the political correctness.
Im obviously not a expert on this but a lot of you would likely understand my viewpoint if you cant from Russia.
If I remember a quote from Putin he stated that id there's is a single terror attack in Russia in 24 hours every Muslim will be dead.

When I see trump, I see somebody who is like putin-A strong leader who will do what they need to for the country . A lot id you will think Putin is done evil Russian overlord.
but under his leadership he has rebuilt this country, grow the military to good standards with good weaponry and improved the economy all after the communist and uneeded trade sanctions from Obama who had the mentality of a cold war president.

Trump getting elected would calm this heated floor on international politics which would be raised if Clinton got elected.

To whoever was talking about my generation-i lived through communism, cold war Russia, two fucking wars and now even in Russia I hear millennial moaning how hard life is and SJW's (A sjw is a social justice warrior, people who contradict themselves, are complete hypocrites and follow stupid movements) moaning how unequal the world is.

Cool, a bunch of emotion and no actual facts or data still. GG you suck at this.

Orpz
October 7th, 2016, 12:31 AM

I don't understand how you can reconcile both these thoughts at once:
*Hillary is a criminal who likely had people killed to stay in power, so she would be an awful leader
*Putin is a criminal who likely had journalists killed to stay in power, so he's a strong leader who does what he needs to do for the country

Also, Russia is ranked lower than Zimbabwe in press freedom, you guys could really use more SJW's.

Mateo
October 7th, 2016, 12:37 AM
I don't understand how you can reconcile both these thoughts at once:
*Hillary is a criminal who likely had people killed to stay in power, so she would be an awful leader
*Putin is a criminal who likely had journalists killed to stay in power, so he's a strong leader who does what he needs to do for the country

Also, Russia is ranked lower than Zimbabwe in press freedom, you guys could really use more SJW's.

orpz bb, i think u answered ur own question. if he criticizes putin he is rip

Orpz
October 7th, 2016, 12:42 AM
orpz bb, i think u answered ur own question. if he criticizes putin he is rip

Kek, but I will concede that at least Putin isn't Duterte aka Asian Kanye West

AnassRhamur
October 7th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Abolishing the Second Amendment would do a much better job at keeping the country safe. That right was adopted in the Bill of Rights in 1791 when Americans faced threats such as nature and guerillas. The context is very different today, in 2016. We have men and women whose job is to keep the population safe. The concept of self-defense is much less applicable nowadays. It is archaic and outdated.

Nigger where the fuck do you live. I grew up in Chicago, and a lot of people will agree taking away guns won't stop gangs who already have guns. Now you've left citizens defenseless. Don't apply your sheltered privilege views on other people

Frog
October 7th, 2016, 03:59 AM

I carry bad news about Putin with respect to your views about him in particular - I wish your country the very best, but you are gravely misinformed. Know that I very much do wish your country and your people the best when I tell you this.

Frog
October 7th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Nigger where the fuck do you live. I grew up in Chicago, and a lot of people will agree taking away guns won't stop gangs who already have guns. Now you've left citizens defenseless. Don't apply your sheltered privilege views on other people

Nigga - it's a huge ass world outside of chi-town.

You're not wrong about your parts. You guys live on organized crime.

Brendan
October 7th, 2016, 04:49 AM

Literally nothing you've said about Putin or Russia is true with the possible exception of that quote you mentioned. He sold your country to the highest bidders, your military is aged cold war era tech, and your economy is in shambles.

oops_ur_dead
October 7th, 2016, 07:32 AM

Last terrorist attack in Russia was in August of this year, in Moscow. I wonder what's taking Putin so long?

but under his leadership he has rebuilt this country, grow the military to good standards with good weaponry

The number of soldiers in the Russian army is 5 times less than there were in 1991. There are 25 times less tanks, 10 times less aircraft, and military spending has dropped 4 times. The Russian military still mostly uses technology from before the Soviet Union collapsed.

improved the economy all after the communist and uneeded trade sanctions from Obama who had the mentality of a cold war president.

That's because Yeltsin was such an inept leader and fucked up the economy to the point that it couldn't get any worse. The economy right now is only a little stronger than it was right before the Soviet Union collapsed. Even before the trade sanctions, the economy in Russia has grown slower than the average for the world, so Putin is a below-average leader in terms of improving the economy. Besides that, the growth has been seen mainly in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The rest of Russia lives almost the same as they did in 1991.

Didn't you just say that Putin is a good guy for threatening to kill 1.6 billion Muslims? And don't you think he's a great dude for starting war in Ukraine? How can you think that a strong leader like Putin is good, but also want to calm the heated floor on international politics?

To whoever was talking about my generation-i lived through communism, cold war Russia,

There are millennials right now living through genocide by ISIS, in poverty and civil war in Africa, and even in the western world there are millennials who are homeless and live in poverty-stricken areas struggling to get by. Compared to them, you're just a little SJW bitch who can't stop whining about the government. You just want Putin and Trump in power because you want them to make you feel safe from problems that don't exist, and while these people have a real chance of being killed every day you're crying about having a little bit less money than you think you should.

two fucking wars

Your generation started two wars, lost one, and you think that means you guys did things right?

and now even in Russia I hear millennial moaning how hard life is and SJW's (A sjw is a social justice warrior, people who contradict themselves, are complete hypocrites and follow stupid movements) moaning how unequal the world is.

Obama, Clinton, the leader of ISIS, and Osama bin Laden are all in your generation. Judging by what you're talking about, it looks like all the problems you've mentioned are directly caused by politicians or figures that are in the same generation as you, and not millennials. If the worst thing that millennials do is moan about SJW shit, then I'd say they came out much better than you did.

Yukitaka Oni
October 7th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Last terrorist attack in Russia was in August of this year, in Moscow. I wonder what's taking Putin so long?

The number of soldiers in the Russian army is 5 times less than there were in 1991. There are 25 times less tanks, 10 times less aircraft, and military spending has dropped 4 times. The Russian military still mostly uses technology from before the Soviet Union collapsed.

That's because Yeltsin was such an inept leader and fucked up the economy to the point that it couldn't get any worse. The economy right now is only a little stronger than it was right before the Soviet Union collapsed. Even before the trade sanctions, the economy in Russia has grown slower than the average for the world, so Putin is a below-average leader in terms of improving the economy. Besides that, the growth has been seen mainly in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The rest of Russia lives almost the same as they did in 1991.

Didn't you just say that Putin is a good guy for threatening to kill 1.6 billion Muslims? And don't you think he's a great dude for starting war in Ukraine? How can you think that a strong leader like Putin is good, but also want to calm the heated floor on international politics?

There are millennials right now living through genocide by ISIS, in poverty and civil war in Africa, and even in the western world there are millennials who are homeless and live in poverty-stricken areas struggling to get by. Compared to them, you're just a little SJW bitch who can't stop whining about the government. You just want Putin and Trump in power because you want them to make you feel safe from problems that don't exist, and while these people have a real chance of being killed every day you're crying about having a little bit less money than you think you should.

Your generation started two wars, lost one, and you think that means you guys did things right?

Obama, Clinton, the leader of ISIS, and Osama bin Laden are all in your generation. Judging by what you're talking about, it looks like all the problems you've mentioned are directly caused by politicians or figures that are in the same generation as you, and not millennials. If the worst thing that millennials do is moan about SJW shit, then I'd say they came out much better than you did.
Politics is bad for everyone brain, for4. Period

Mateo
October 7th, 2016, 08:41 AM
oops 2 savage

the vast majority of firearms possessed by criminals were originally stolen from legal owners. u and the dipshits that agree with u deserve to get gunned down in chi town for being so dangerously stupid. guns dont just appear outta thin air u fucking moron

Yukitaka Oni
October 7th, 2016, 08:49 AM
oops 2 savage

the vast majority of firearms possessed by criminals were originally stolen from legal owners. u and the dipshits that agree with u deserve to get gunned down in chi town for being so dangerously stupid. guns dont just appear outta thin air u fucking moron
Chill and Netflix plz, 2 mad bro

Mateo
October 7th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Chill and Netflix plz, 2 mad bro

stfu b4 i napalm ur gook squat

Yukitaka Oni
October 7th, 2016, 08:57 AM
stfu b4 i napalm ur gook squat
2 mlg 4 me

Gyrlander
October 7th, 2016, 10:20 AM
oops 2 savage

I wanted to say something like that but couldn't articulate the words. Thanks.

Gyrlander
October 7th, 2016, 10:26 AM
If I remember a quote from Putin he stated that if there's is a single terror attack in Russia in 24 hours every Muslim will be dead.

Definitely a strong and wise leader.

All hail Putin.

Mesk514
October 7th, 2016, 11:13 AM
AnassRhamur for prez 2k16

Klingoncelt
October 7th, 2016, 06:49 PM

I would too, because it showed up verbatim in a thread over at the site I use. Suntax isn't a member there.

Klingoncelt
October 7th, 2016, 07:13 PM
I think arguing for illegal immigration as a necessary evil is a slippery slope towards a pro-slavery argument; Likewise with illegal immigrant pay.

I'd like everyone to earn at least a "living" wage.

I'd like everyone to be treated with respect.

I'd also like a beer. Cheers.

The illegal immigrant situation isn't going to be fixed anytime soon because those of those perpetrating it.

Farmworkers are exempted from minimum wage laws, they make at best less than half of min wage. Corporate farms aren't going to let Congress change that.

Also, the 1%ers and 2%ers like to use illegals for cheap housekeeping and lawn maintenance on their private properties. They like to use them for factory/construction jobs that OSHA wouldn't allow, or whenever the bosses don't want to pay into Social Security taxes, health insurance, workman's comp, retirement accounts, vacation pay, and, again, fair wages.

You can get away with all sorts of things if your employees can't fight back.

Klingoncelt
October 7th, 2016, 07:25 PM

Putin wants control over muslim-controlled oil wells. Just like everyone else.

Please stop using the term "political correctness." It's abundantly clear that no one right of center knows what it means.

Trump is not Putin. I don't like Putin, but I have to respect him as a global leader.

Trump is not a global leader, he's a nasty, intellectually lazy, orange clown. H's made it clear, he said out loud that he doesn't know everything that the job requires and that he would delegate parts of the job - of President of the United States - to his underlings!
If you aren't going to do the work, why apply for the job?

As for the Millennials, aren't they cute?

I remember when the GenXers blamed us Boomers for everything - including stuff we'd already blamed the Greatest Generation for. lol.
It's kids generalizing the world around them, as if you or I have any real power to make it all better. They'll have kids, their kids will grow up, and the cycle will continue. Good times.

Klingoncelt
October 7th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Banana got banned?

Shit. :(

Orpz
October 7th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Putin wants control over muslim-controlled oil wells. Just like everyone else.

Please stop using the term "political correctness." It's abundantly clear that no one right of center knows what it means.

Trump is not Putin. I don't like Putin, but I have to respect him as a global leader.

Trump is not a global leader, he's a nasty, intellectually lazy, orange clown. H's made it clear, he said out loud that he doesn't know everything that the job requires and that he would delegate parts of the job - of President of the United States - to his underlings!
If you aren't going to do the work, why apply for the job?

As for the Millennials, aren't they cute?

I remember when the GenXers blamed us Boomers for everything - including stuff we'd already blamed the Greatest Generation for. lol.
It's kids generalizing the world around them, as if you or I have any real power to make it all better. They'll have kids, their kids will grow up, and the cycle will continue. Good times.

Political Correctness is the process of finding out how to use social media, then using it to spam your racist/edgy beliefs ("gas the kikes! race war now!"), then getting mad when people tell you to fuck off.

The average "I'm so sick of PC culture" poster:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/31/03/34C8E70300000578-3617160-image-m-61_1464662519652.jpg

Brendan
October 7th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Banana got banned?

ya she refused to stop having an autism attack, she'll be back in a week or 3 days or w/e

AnassRhamur
October 7th, 2016, 09:08 PM
I found the liberal retard. Liberals are so fucking full of themselves

Nig, regardless of how gangs got the guns originally they're still there. Take away guns and you're taking it away from citizens. How are you going to convince organized crime to give up their guns. Omg liberal trash please think for 3 seconds

THE REAL ISSUE is the trade of guns. with long rifles especially you don't need to document trades. Im sorry you haven't been out in the real world and have had any real experiences. Have you ever bought a gun before?

oops 2 savage

AnassRhamur
October 7th, 2016, 09:10 PM
I'm a dual citizen. And I'm studying in Missouri. Ive seen the world outside of Chicago don't worry.

Nigga - it's a huge ass world outside of chi-town.

You're not wrong about your parts. You guys live on organized crime.

Apocist
October 7th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Guns can be considered a form of currency in some areas

Frog
October 7th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Banana got banned?

I guess we start a petition to unban thread or something. :-P

AnassRhamur
October 7th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Lol yeah fsho.

I bought a mossberg drunk as fuck for 150. great purchase, shouldn't have done it when i was drunk. I AM THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT WE NEED TO STOP FROM BUYING PRIVATE SALES. Also mateo, you're wrong most criminals get their guns through private sales and then scratch off the serial number. READ NIGGA READ

Guns can be considered a form of currency in some areas

Yukitaka Oni
October 8th, 2016, 01:19 AM
I guess we start a petition to unban thread or something. :-P
Sigh...again? Protesting!?!?!

Yukitaka Oni
October 8th, 2016, 01:20 AM
Lol yeah fsho.

I bought a mossberg drunk as fuck for 150. great purchase, shouldn't have done it when i was drunk. I AM THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT WE NEED TO STOP FROM BUYING PRIVATE SALES. Also mateo, you're wrong most criminals get their guns through private sales and then scratch off the serial number. READ NIGGA READ
Middle east, South America. The place where USA went wrong.....(fact: USA made terrorist to counter USSR during Cold War)

Frog
October 8th, 2016, 04:00 AM
Sigh...again? Protesting!?!?!

It's more fun I guess. Doing it by force is lame

Frog
October 8th, 2016, 04:10 AM
Suntax

Fwiw - Russia does a lot of interesting stuff. I won't get into how you guys handle domestic policy because it's pretty much exactly what you fear to be true is true. Dropping that entirely.

Russia has been developing some new ICBM tech which is pretty decent. Like decent enough to finally counter China. Which is a major step forward since like 30 years. I highly highly highly doubt that remains proprietary, however. It's basically common knowledge now, but good effort.

I recently went to a Syrian-Russian wedding in Thailand. I have nothing but love for your people. But at some point you have to say enough is enough and stop dicking around.