PDA

View Full Version : Sc2 Skype Mafia Interest

SuperJack
September 13th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Wondering how many people are interested in Skype Mafia games. (Discord if that gets preferred)
Here is some information:

Majority of games will be held over Calls.
Listening to the calls is a necessity.
Video chat is optional.
Type chat is optional. (Votes will be done vie messages no matter what)

It will basically become a group chat that will always be open to skype mafia games.

Just fill in the Poll.
Its basically two polls, hence multiple answers available. the First is too see how many are interested, the second is to see which platform to use,

If enough interest is gathered, I will then explain more mechanics on how it works (Easy, quick, host can still play), rules and how we will organise it.

Cryptonic
September 13th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Why not let Narrator host it

SuperJack
September 13th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Why not let Narrator host it

Speed, voice chat. stability, role verity ect.

Yukitaka Oni
September 13th, 2016, 04:00 PM
/unsigned
I no speak London
(I can't speak English)

Cryptonic
September 13th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Speed, voice chat. stability, role verity ect.

OH lol derp yes that makes sense, voice chat

Never Unlucky
September 13th, 2016, 04:50 PM
I'm interested in Skype Mafia, but...

... you are not interested in hearing my French accent or in having an asshole in the group;

... I am not interested in hearing mouth-breathers;

... I've trouble understanding Brits because of their untamed accent.

Yukitaka Oni
September 13th, 2016, 04:56 PM

... you are not interested in hearing my French accent or in having an asshole in the group;

Les enfants terribles

Never Unlucky
September 13th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Les enfants terribles

Les terribles enfants*

c:

Yukitaka Oni
September 13th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Les terribles enfants*

c:

Voss
September 13th, 2016, 05:24 PM
OH lol derp yes that makes sense, voice chat

gotta get voice chat on narrator

powerofdeath
September 13th, 2016, 06:07 PM
racist for pod

SuperJack
September 13th, 2016, 11:33 PM
racist for pod

You have had 0 luck recently with games.... XD *hugs*

SuperJack
September 14th, 2016, 12:47 AM
The games are more for a time for us to get together and chill =) rather than a competitive aspect.

Gyrlander
September 14th, 2016, 04:15 AM

+1 (to the accent stuff (changed to Spanish) )

SuperJack
September 14th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I also added a Not-Intersted option in the poll.

yzb25
September 15th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Timezones and accents and many-people-in-one-call-antics make this idea a pain on paper.

Have you heard of secret hitler?

Frog
September 15th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Mafia All Stars and DailyMafia both do skype Mafia, usually with video as well.

Sino
September 15th, 2016, 12:16 PM

... you are not interested in hearing my French accent

Can't be worse than mine

Yukitaka Oni
September 15th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Timezones and accents and many-people-in-one-call-antics make this idea a pain on paper.

Nein

Never Unlucky
September 15th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Can't be worse than mine

Yes, it can. You Frenchies sound cute when you speak in English; we, sub-race-French-Canadian, sound like stoned rats. Mesk can confirm.

Mesk514
September 15th, 2016, 12:44 PM
we, sub-race-French-Canadian, sound like stoned rats. Mesk can confirm.

toi la, ferme ta guele.

esti

collis

Sino
September 15th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Yes, it can. You Frenchies sound cute when you speak in English; we, sub-race-French-Canadian, sound like stoned rats. Mesk can confirm.

Well, from what i've heard, you French-Canadian have a way less strong accent than us, seeing how early you guys learn english, it makes sense.

SuperJack
September 15th, 2016, 01:14 PM

The way it will be hosted will not be set times.

It will be able to host by anyone, the only criteria is that there are at-lest 4 people willing to play at the time.

Also yes, I've seen Secret Hitler on Tabletop Simulator, but unfortunately, like most things, it requires friends

yzb25
September 15th, 2016, 01:24 PM
The way it will be hosted will not be set times.

It will be able to host by anyone, the only criteria is that there are at-lest 4 people willing to play at the time.

Also yes, I've seen Secret Hitler on Tabletop Simulator, but unfortunately, like most things, it requires friends

Oooh, that sounds really nice. Will there just be a single voice-call place? If you can indirectly coordinate private conversations by using time, you may as well make it an official thing and allow people to have private conversations as long as there's 4 people together.

Also, it's okay not to have friends. I have the most fun when I play with myself, honestly.

Anyway, I hope this goes somewhere. It'd be nice to play this with y'all :D

Yukitaka Oni
September 15th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I'm a commie v(o.o(<

Gingerape
September 15th, 2016, 01:44 PM
nyu

SuperJack
September 15th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Oooh, that sounds really nice. Will there just be a single voice-call place? If you can indirectly coordinate private conversations by using time, you may as well make it an official thing and allow people to have private conversations as long as there's 4 people together.

Also, it's okay not to have friends. I have the most fun when I play with myself, honestly.

Anyway, I hope this goes somewhere. It'd be nice to play this with y'all :D

Do you have me on skype? Add me : superjackkk

SuperJack
September 15th, 2016, 01:59 PM
nyu

what does this even mean?

SuperJack
September 15th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Mafia All Stars and DailyMafia both do skype Mafia, usually with video as well.

I played it a while ago with someone other people from another site, was definitely fun.

Frog
September 15th, 2016, 02:52 PM
I played it a while ago with someone other people from another site, was definitely fun.

Mafia All Stars is invite only, but yeah, Daily Mafia is really fun. I tried playing with sun glasses, but it was against the rules. I thought it'd be a bunch of people shouting over each other, and it kind of is, but it's more true to the original card game.

Never Unlucky
September 15th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Well, from what i've heard, you French-Canadian have a way less strong accent than us, seeing how early you guys learn english, it makes sense.

Some do have a weaker accent, others don't.

At what age do you guys start learning English? We start at kindergarten so around 5-6 years old.

In North America we have public schools (free schooling subsidized by the government) and private schools (Much better schooling, but also way more expensive -- Ranges from $3,000 to $35,000 for elementary and high schools in my area), unlike in Europe where, from what I've read, all the schools are of the public type. On one hand, in our public schools, the English courses are very very basic. Elementary school graduates come out with such basic material that they can only express themselves using the simple past, present, and future.
On the other hand, the private schools offer much more advanced English lessons that allows alumni to be bilingual.

I was lucky enough to have well-off parents who were comfortable enough in their budget to send me to a private school with all of the Asians and anglophones, and so today I can communicate in English rather fluently and can know the difference between 'then' and 'than' unlike some shameful anglophones like Unknown1234. Sadly, the majority of my people go to public schools and will probably never be bilingual.

Outside of school, I think a major factor that facilitates learning English in French Canada is the overwhelming American culture. A good portion of my vocabulary was acquired through watching movies, listening to music, and reading Eggy's posts.

/[rant/emotional post]

Frog
September 15th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Definitely recommend you guys play with video enabled. It's a big part of the game. Stream it on twitch for observers. I'd play but my schedule is going to be busy end of September /October.

I'll be in the states mid October with more time and a good connection.

Never Unlucky
September 15th, 2016, 02:58 PM
toi la, ferme ta guele.

esti

collis

You forgot 'tabarnak' to complete the holy trinity.

Mesk514
September 15th, 2016, 03:01 PM
You forgot 'tabarnak' to complete the holy trinity.

tabernacle

criss de pute sale

Frog
September 15th, 2016, 03:04 PM
On parle francais ici?

Kek

Mesk514
September 15th, 2016, 03:08 PM
On parle francais ici?

Kek

bien sur, au quebec c'est toujours français

Sino
September 15th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Some do have a weaker accent, others don't.

At what age do you guys start learning English? We start at kindergarten so around 5-6 years old.

In North America we have public schools (free schooling subsidized by the government) and private schools (Much better schooling, but also way more expensive -- Ranges from $3,000 to $35,000 for elementary and high schools in my area), unlike in Europe where, from what I've read, all the schools are of the public type. On one hand, in our public schools, the English courses are very very basic. Elementary school graduates come out with such basic material that they can only express themselves using the simple past, present, and future.
On the other hand, the private schools offer much more advanced English lessons that allows alumni to be bilingual.

I was lucky enough to have well-off parents who were comfortable enough in their budget to send me to a private school with all of the Asians and anglophones, and so today I can communicate in English rather fluently and can know the difference between 'then' and 'than' unlike some shameful anglophones like Unknown1234. Sadly, the majority of my people go to public schools and will probably never be bilingual.

Outside of school, I think a major factor that facilitates learning English in French Canada is the overwhelming American culture. A good portion of my vocabulary was acquired through watching movies, listening to music, and reading Eggy's posts.

/[rant/emotional post]

We seriously start it after primary school, so at around 11-13 years old, and indeed, most of our schools are the public type, not all though.

Now about how basic the courses are depends on your school, and eventually options, i've had the chance to get an english option at highschool, which helped me a lot.

What also taught me well apart from school and still does is, of course the internet, but i know i will never get near your guys' level

On parle francais ici?

Kek

It's the forum's second language, it seems

Unknown1234
September 15th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Shameful?

Frog
September 15th, 2016, 03:22 PM
We used to have a French sub forum. BrockSamson and I were self-appointed moderators for like a day before it was ultimately shut down though :(

Yukitaka Oni
September 15th, 2016, 03:24 PM
We used to have a French sub forum. BrockSamson and I were self-appointed moderators for like a day before it was ultimately shut down though :(
What's the word: surrender
In France? ( sorry v)x.o)> v(o.o(v )

Never Unlucky
September 15th, 2016, 03:25 PM
We seriously start it after primary school, so at around 11-13 years old, and indeed, most of our schools are the public type, not all though.

That's much later than I had imagined. Woah.

Now about how basic the courses are depends on your school, and eventually options, i've had the chance to get an english option at highschool, which helped me a lot.

What also taught me well apart from school and still does is, of course the internet, but i know i will never get near your guys' level

Agree with the Internet.

I'm curious -- how much do you listen to English music compared to French music?

Naww, your writing is already more intelligible and legible than some anglophone members of this forum. Don't be so harsh on yourself. :s

It's the forum's second language, it seems

"Les meilleurs joueurs Mafia sont français." -Balthy

Frog
September 15th, 2016, 03:26 PM

Presumably any word

kek

Never Unlucky
September 15th, 2016, 03:26 PM

'Abandonner' or 'se rendre'.

Shameful?

Did I stutter?

Sino
September 15th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Wait guys , let me create a new thread to keep talking about this, we're just polluting SJ's poll here.

Sino
September 15th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Here : http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/37939-Languages

SuperJack
September 16th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Guys and dolls. I'm gonna see if we can make anything happen this weekend, perhaps tonight =)

I'm make a pimped out post later on.

If you are interested send me A pm here,
Or Skype at my skype= superjackkk

Arsonist
February 2nd, 2018, 09:13 AM
Mafia with skyping! Yay!