PDA

View Full Version : Mini-FM, Future plans: Vote for your favorite killing role!

Fragos
December 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Hello, guys. Since Luna already started mini-FM 1, I already started planning ahead and went to planning the second season of Mini-Forum Mafia. It will be most likely that I will host this season.

Personally I see the Forum Mafia as an excellent ground of testing out new role. While I would like to insert as many new roles in the game as possible, I also need to check out how they will affect the current metagame. So, for the next Mini-Forum Mafia season, I will include one, and only 1 of my new roles - and it will be a neutral killing role.

There is still a lot of time before the first Mini-FM ends, so I'm gonna need to use that time to create a poll, to decide which new role should be insterted in Mini-FM. I currently have a choice of three roles: Killer Agent, Electro Maniac, and Werewolf. Here is the short description of each of then:

Role name: Killer Agent
Description: An master of undercover, which goal is to break conspiratorial groups apart.
Alignment: Neutral/Evil
Abilities: Kill someone at night
Special: If you become converted by Mason, Cultist, or any other faction that can convert, they will see you as if you were converted from Citizen (if they can see original roles). You will keep your original alignment and goals.
Goal: Kill everyone else who opposes you.
The setup with Killer Agent will include Masons and Cultists.

Role name: Electro Maniac (basic variant)
Description: A crazy killer, who is obsessed with the electricity.
Abilities: Pick a player every night. That player becomes charged with electricity. If your target is already charged, you will electrocute and kill him on your next visit.
Special: If a charged player visits another person who is also charged, they both become electrocuted and die. This can happen as early as second night (when second victim is picked by Electro Maniac). The Electro Maniac is immune to his own effects.
Goal: Kill everyone else who opposes you.
The setup's theme is - Electro Maniac & Arsonist! Both roles will be present during the game

Role name: Werewolf
Description: A mad person, infected by Werewolf's curse and willing to pass that curse to someone else.
Abilities: Kill someone at night or infect a person (once per Werewolf)
Special: Once per game, you may infect a single person with Werewolf's curse. The target will be notified of this. During the 3 day period, the target will retain his role and alignment, but after 3 full days, that person becomes a new Werewolf. The infection is passed only once per Werewolf.
Goal: Be the last to survive. If you die, you still can win if your infected target manages to win as Werewolf.
Other than the inclusion of Werewolf, this one is fairly close to the standart SC2 Mafia setup.

Only one of then will make it to the next seson of the Mini-Forum Mafia. EM, KA, or WW? Make your choice, it's time for a new poll!

Deathfire123
December 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
electro maniac...easily

Luna
December 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
M-FM is my copyright and I did not approve this hosting.

I am however approving it now, especially since you died on the first night :) I am glad you are only experimenting with one new role.

Fragos
December 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Aw, come on, Luna, we're both Creative Masterminds, you know!

Luna
December 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I'm sure M-FM II is in capable hands :)

Btw Fragos... POST SOMETHING IN DEAD CHAT!

I want to know if it works :P

BorkBot
December 8th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I like the werewolf because it can form a minor faction of sorts. If you have someone to win together with, you'll have someone to root for when you bite the dust, which is more fun.

Electromaniac is nice as well, though. Killer Agent becomes a badass unlimited shots vigilante once the masons are dead and I'm not too sold on that idea.

TheWaaagh
December 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm a little confused by the werewolf. If Werewolf A infects B, since B is a new werewolf, that means he can infect C, right? So it says A wins if his target lives, but what if C lives? Does A lose, B win, and C win?

BorkBot
December 8th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I think they all win. The catch is that B might die before he turns into a werewolf, so an infection might end up being a waste of a night kill.

And B might not know who A is, so they might kill them by accident or waste an infection on them ;)

Luna
December 8th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Werewolf is an interesting idea, not sure I'd want to play with one though.

Killer Agent just wouldn't work in the M-FM environment I think, unless it was a specialized Mason vs. Cultist setup. Even then...

Electro-maniac is a role I like though, paired with an Arsonist would be an interesting and dangerous game.

Kromos
December 8th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Werewolf's my favourite. Electro Maniac seems cool and I would like to see that in a game after Werewolf but I don't think Killer Agent is that great.

TheWaaagh
December 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah Killer Agent just seems like an OP Serial Killer: he essentially gets a list of everyone he needs to kill (instead of having to strategically guess), and he gets cover during the day by his "teammates" to prevent any lynches on him.

jaczac
December 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I call M-FM3....

But itll have to be after the holidays

Luna
December 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
M-FM III is some way away, and is currently reserved pending FMIX.

CmG
December 8th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I want an advanced Jester. Who if he annoys you 3 times in a row at night you turn to a jester yourself. if he gets lynched some random guilty voter dies and someone random becomes Jester.
So basicly ME as a ROLE HUEHUEHUE...

BorkBot
December 8th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I actually like that role idea... :P

CmG
December 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I actually like that role idea... :P
See? I annoyed him so many times now you see what happened... HUEHUEHUE

Ambient
December 8th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Where is the option that we need to put Fragos back in his box?

wolfcheese
December 8th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Where is the option that we need to put Fragos back in his box?
I believe his box is actually a pokéball.

Fragos
December 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Changed the goal of Killer Agent. He now must kill everyone else who opposes him, like Serial Killer. In Killer Agent setup, Cult Leader can recruit every day, but cannot recruit Mafia. More info is this setup becomes viable.

Right now Electro Maniac has the most votes. Keep voting for a favorite killing role!

TheWaaagh
December 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
So now Killer Agent is literally just a recruitable Serial Killer...

Fragos
December 8th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Read carefully - He retains his alignment and goals even after "being recruited". The Killer Agent is the "black sheep" that Mason Leader and Cult Leader must avoid at all costs. Also, he can be in both Mason and Cult factions at once - but that would put him into even more trouble. What will happen if he says "I am mason", and another Mason can confirm that? What will Cult Leader think? "Omg he is Killer Agent that infiltrated both us and Masons!"

Also, if you were recruited as Killer Agent, would you kill your recruiters now, or keep searching for Mafia instead? The Mafia is higher priority targets for KA than Masons or Cult, since I'm not planning to give him permanent night immunity.

TheWaaagh
December 9th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Yes, I understand that the Killer Agent continues to be a Killer Agent after he's recruited. So in an otherwise normal game where you could discover an SK by trying to recruit him (and be denied) you now can't do that. And given that one person goes out to do the recruiting each night, it's not hard for him to just stay in the group unnoticed as he murders people left and right. And when someone tries to push a lynch on him, an otherwise normal SK would be alone and fucked, whereas the Killer Agent has mason buddies to back him up. He has the same abilities as a Serial Killer, and the same goals.

Thus, all you've done is make a Serial Killer that can be recruited.

The bonus of having teammates that can give you defense outweighs the risk of Cult and Mason both having you in their party. Because what's cult going to do? They're not going to come out in the day chat and go "hey, this guy is mason and cult, lynch him" because then the cult loses a member.

Deathfire123
December 9th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I like the idea of a neutral role being able to be recruited by mason and cult at the same time.... maybe give him a limited amount of kills

Guardian
December 9th, 2011, 12:23 AM
the fact that he NOT be night-immune is an attempt to nullify the advantages of being recruit-able.
whetehr or not it works is questionable.

Fragos
December 9th, 2011, 12:54 AM
To clarify more exactly, it is NOT permanent night immunity. Killer Agent will have a bulletproof vest that will be consumed automatically after being attacked for the first time.
In "Electro Maniac vs Arsonist" setup both killing roles also will have a protective vest that will allow then to survive the first attack, be it the bullet, fire, or shock, but the vest will be consumed.
In all setups, Godfather will be the one who has the permanent night immunity.

Guardian
December 9th, 2011, 03:08 AM
that would make the neutrals really weak!
and give the mafia a much higher chance of winning as compared to the neutrals...

Fragos
December 9th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Well, we are hunting Mafia, after all. They are the town's highest priority. While weak, a neutral killing role can win tie with Mafia.

Giving then immunity at night would make then strong. Removing night immunity makes then weaker. The protective vest is a compromise between the two choices.

On the other hand, I'm not planning to give the Werewolf self-protection at all. For me, it is enough the he can infect people that would turn into his teammates 3 days later.

Guardian
December 9th, 2011, 05:15 AM
but, on the other hand the mafia can win if one of their allies die.
the neutrals cant do the same thing.

Fragos
December 10th, 2011, 08:46 AM
We had 14 votes already, but we need a little more! Decide the future setup with pover of your votes!

By the way I already talked to Luna last day. He said he is not against my setups, but there will be 16 player limit.

TheJackofSpades
December 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM
People still like the werewolf? I thought I explained in the original thread that it's a carbon copy SK with a slight twist. It's as much it's own role as Sephiroth was in FM 7.

Killer Agent is just... err, bad.

And ofc your poster child is just game breakingly imbalanced, especially in a 16-player setting.

Fragos
December 10th, 2011, 09:46 AM
But they voted anyway. You can't blame then, Jack. You can see who exactly voted for which role. If you have questions, ask then something like "Why the hell you did you vote for that?" 8)

TheJackofSpades
December 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
But they voted anyway. You can't blame then, Jack. You can see who exactly voted for which role. If you have questions, ask then something like "Why the hell you did you vote for that?" 8)
It's not like you gave them much choice in the matter.

TheWaaagh
December 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM
It's not like you gave them much choice in the matter.

Yeah, Fragos, you said you were going to use one in the next M-FM, and since I would like to be a part of it I figured I might as well vote for the lesser of three evils. If there was a "none of the above" option though, I'd rather choose that.

Sorry.

Ash
December 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
hey turds if you dont like any of the roles then WHY VOTE. FUCKING BITCHES STOP FUCKING HATING

'nuff said

TheWaaagh
December 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
hey turds if you dont like any of the roles then WHY VOTE. FUCKING BITCHES STOP FUCKING HATING

'nuff said

Lol because silencing all criticism is a great way of perfecting suggested roles! Hooray for not getting things done!

Fragos
December 10th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Anyway, the Mini-FM hosted by Luna is still in progress. I won't do anything until she finishes with the game. I can use the remaining time for more planning.

Right now most of the votes (10 votes) are for setup with Electro Maniac. I already showed up my initial setup (for Electro Maniac vs Arsonist) to Luna, which was oriented for 15-20 people. She only said that 20 people are way too much, 16 players max, to emphasize the "mini" part of M-FM. When the first game ends, I'll create a new sign-up with 15-16 players. All town roles will have abilities, like in Luna's current setup, there won't be any citizens.

NorthStar
December 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I don't like the idea of the werewolf, I'm neutral with the Maniac and I down right hate the Agent. Also please come up with more creative names.

Fragos
December 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Well, here we go! With 14 votes the future setup of Mini-FM is decided - it will be Electro Maniac & Arsonist setup! Thank you for participating in this poll. As soon as Luna's game ends, I will start sign-ups for the next game, with role list and rules fully explained. Stay tuned for more information!

Zane
December 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
fragos threatened me with pms that I should vote for electro maniac. I'm sure he pm'd the others, too!

Fragos
December 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
You are wrong. I threatened people to choose Killer Agent, but the threats didn't work on then - they somehow collaborated and voted for Electro Maniac in order to annoy me. The people that weren't threatened yet voted for Werewolf. All suspicions should be cleared. 8)

Deathfire123
December 12th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I voted for Electro Maniac right as the thread was created, I received no such email