View Full Version : Russian Revolution Idea

oops_ur_dead
December 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Factions:
Russian Empire
German Empire
Bolsheviks
Peasantry

Two factions within Peasantry: Germans and Russians. These are distributed randomly. Players know their own affiliation.

Goals:
Russian Empire - Kill all German Empire and Bolsheviks
German Empire - Kill all Russian Empire and ensure a German majority
Bolsheviks - Attain a Bolshevik majority
Peasantry - Survive OR Russians win with Russian Empire, Germans win with German Empire

Roles:

==Russian Empire==
Tsar Nicholas II
- Every night, can choose to exile a person. That person will be completely removed from the game for as long as they are kept in exile, including the night after their exile ends. They cannot be targetted by any night actions, communicate in any way, perform any actions, or be lynched. Only one person can be exiled at a time.
Royal Guard
- Bodyguard. One of these must target Tsar Nicholas II every night.
Royal Investigator
- Investigates a person each night, finds out exact role.
Secret Police
- Jailor
Propagandist
- Enforcer.
Tsarist Supporter
- Russian Empire aligned citizen. Does not partiticipate in Russian Empire night chat.
- Upon death of Tsar Nicholas II, the remaining Tsarist Supporters will be given their own night chat as the White Guard, and will be allowed to kill every night. They still remain Russian Empire alligned.

==German Empire==
Spymaster
- Recieves a transcript of all nightchats that went on that night. They are also told which faction the chat is from.
Framer
- Targets any player and makes them appear as any role of their choosing to an investigative role.
Geneaologist
- Targets a player and determines if they are Russian or German.
Forger
- Target a player and specify a last will. If the target dies that night, the forged last will is revealed in place of the real one.
Assassin
- Can kill a player at night (limited uses)

==Bolsheviks==
Vladimir Lenin
- Leader of the Bolsheviks. Chooses who the Bolsheviks recruit every other night. If dead, then the conversion is decided by a vote. Lenin cannot be exiled continuously for more than three days. Lenin cannot be lynched, and if lynched will instead be exiled for three days. This stacks with the Tsar's exile. While in this three-day exile, Lenin is able to communitate both with other exiled players and with the German empire. If killed at night, he inspires one random peasant to join the Bolsheviks.
Leon Trotsky
- Leon Trotsky starts off as a peasant. He does not know of his true identity. If he is recruited into the Bolsheviks, then he will lead the Red Army, allowing the Bolsheviks to kill each night.
Joseph Stalin
- Joseph Stalin is similar to Trostky. If converted, his banditry will raise enough money to allow one recruitments per night.

**If Lenin dies, then both Trotsky and Stalin's goal become to kill the other, in addition to leading the Bolsheviks to victory. If one and only one of the two is alive, then they decide the recruitment as Lenin was able to.

Haven't thought of any of the Peasantry roles yet. They will be pretty much standard town-like roles. I may throw in an SK if I feel like it.

CmG
December 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
and where s hitler?

Lazers
December 7th, 2011, 06:04 PM
CMG LEARN SOME HISTORY BOY

CmG
December 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM
=(

Dust
December 7th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I like this. I want Red October to come to these forums.

Nick
December 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Sounds good!

NorthStar
December 10th, 2011, 02:44 PM
This bitch is on to something.

Luna
December 10th, 2011, 06:54 PM
As much as I like some of the roles, etc...

I think the lessons of FMVI need to be applied. I know the peasants are more affiliated with one faction or another, but I think it'll likely descend into 'Join our faction and we will let you survive'.

oops_ur_dead
December 10th, 2011, 07:05 PM
How do you think I should deal with the peasants' win condition?

Luna
December 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
At first glance, take out the ability to win just by surviving.

Though I'd need to think more thoroughly about this. This would create two super-factions (two towns, almost) at odds with one another, but most of the peasants do not know who their faction leaders are. Almost a town + mafia vs. town + mafia vs. cult (which sounds pretty awesome). This is just a cursory view, it's late and I'm about to go to sleep.

I mean, I know letting them survive for a win is a bit fairer, but just look at where Humanity is right now. The further you deviate from the standard Town vs. Mafia setup the more guidelines need to be made clear. I don't think the role of the host is just to create the game, it's to guide player enjoyment, and giving players lots of room to decide their own strategies and alignments and fates sounds great but you could end up dividing the playerbase. If just one or two people decide to play against the team, then arguments flare up.

In a big enough setting though I think each citizen secretly belonging to a certain 'Town' could have great results, as long as they don't have an incentive ignore it.