PDA

View Full Version : {Watch List} Eric 1-S2-1-543298, Slade 1-S2-1-614587, Spenser 1-S2-1-519059

EvilValk
December 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Player: Eric 1-S2-1-543298
In-game Name: A GRENADE
Role: Sheriff
Crime: Cheating

Player: Slade 1-S2-1-614587
In-game Name: Altair
Role: Doctor

Player: Spenser 1-S2-1-519059
In-game Name: The Captain
Role: Veteran

In the beginning their names were all stacked together, this first raised my suspicion about them. After being accused multiple times of being in Skype, at the end Spenser (The Captain) admitted to all being in a party and in the same room together playing. This gave them an incredibly unfair advantage as they knew each others roles and assisted each other. Slade (Altair) and Eric (A GRENADE) were the last to win and were lynching people based off having information about each others roles that was never said in chat, while others did not have that advantage. For example at the end the Witch who was, Azu (Sookie), was lynched over the fact they knew he couldn't be a certain role because their own party accounted for two of the other Random:Town roles. They knew he couldn't be what he said he was and subsequently had him lynched. Immediately after Azu (Sookie) was lynched they deduced that all the Random:Town roles were accounted for, even though when Azu (Sookie) claimed a Town role and as did Eric (Altair) but Eric was never questioned by The Captain or A GRENADE; therefore, they had an incredibly unfair advantage in the game and already knew three of the roles at the start.

Another example is at 19 minutes and 40 seconds they bring up information about knowing each others roles when they had NEVER PM'd each other. Eric (Altair) claims that he is Doctor and that Slade (A GRENADE) can confirm it; however, Slade (A GRENADE) was a Sheriff (He never checked Eric (Altair) or Spenser (The Captain) at night, not once) and was never PM'd by Eric (Altair) throughout the WHOLE game. This is far more than sufficient evidence that they are cheating and if this situation is not rectified I will make sure the people I know who play Mafia stop playing, as will I.

Thank you for your time and patience in this matter, I look forward to your response and outcome.

monster
December 8th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Your report is absolutely valid. They were a group and talking with each other outside the game and that heavily influenced the outcome - there is no doubt about it. They are also hilariously bad at the game. Lynching the bodyguard without a counter claim and then the survivor without anyone else claiming a neutral role was really sad to watch. Ofc in the end it turns out that the mafia player is even worse than them so they actually win. :(

For the record - when they were lynching the witch it was possible to determine that there is no lookout without skyping. The 3 random town were - detective(in grave), vet(there was a vet kill earlier), doctor(sheriff was healed after the first doc died), that info was available to the town. But this is just as a side note - in reality if they were not talking with each other they wouldn't have been able to figure it out.

And that is that. Now wait for the people who decide the punishments.

Ambient
December 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Approved

EvilValk
December 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I want to thank you guys for both of your responses and the quick outcome. Thank you guys, have a great time in Mafia. :)

Eric
December 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Well, now that my forum account has been verified I can finally defend myself against these morons.

First off, me and Slade don't know this "Spenser" guy, so you obviously got trolled by him in dead chat.

Second, we weren't skyping, it's ironic that mafia is a "party game" when you can't play it with people you know without people freaking out. Your evidence is ridiculous, you may notice at the top that it says I was playing as a SHERIFF, and the first thing I did was to lynch a mafia, THAT is why town listened to me. (Hell, even if we were skyping AND were playing with the "spenser" guy 3 votes wouldn't have allowed us to lynch mafia.

Next up would be how would a sheriff possibly know who the vet is, well for starters, he CLAIMED IT, and I sure as hell wasn't going to check a vet and die. As for monster's braindead remarks, everyone saw the vet kill, the dead detective was obvious, and people getting healed by the doctor proved their was a doc. So yes, there was cause to lynch a witch.

Next, the survivor, I had checked 3 out of 4 people, only 1 was left, so we lynched him. Turns out the witch messed up one of my inspections, *must* be cheating, right?

So people who actually watched the replay, watch it again, note that I find a maf night 1, if you were doctor, why wouldn't you heal? If you were the sheriff and had checked 3/4 and got not suspicious on all of them when the last guy is a mafioso, why wouldn't you accuse him?

Your "proof" is that we played with an intelligence level above an infant. I'm not about to start a skype call with someone I only know online. We joined as a party...that's it, which is more or less what people do for in house games, report all them too.

As for why he healed me night 1, I had used that name before, but since he didn't know my role he had no idea whether he was helping or hurting his team, which is just like doctors do every night 1 if they randomly pick someone. After that I was a KNOWN sheriff, of course he healed me.

But hey, nice to see you threatening to stop playing over this, odd how you claim you have friends who play too, because that's the only crime in this report, playing with someone you know, ironic. With all the people who are actually skyping, people who as a vig shoot a known mason so that it will be 1 maf, 1 vig working for maf, and 2 town, then refuse to lynch the final maf until he wins (this was my last game) you get worked up over a DOCTOR healing a SHERIFF? Seriously?

I have over 2800 points in mafia, which is at least 250 games, if I was cheating I would have been reported long ago. He got trolled in dead chat, that's why I'm here apparently, there should be a watch list for people who get trolled.

I wouldn't have wasted my time if we weren't innocent. I should be getting my TOR early access in a few hours, at which point I will probably only play a couple games of mafia per week. I would have been able to counter his obnoxious claim earlier (seriously, "I won't play mafia anymore because a doctor healed a sheriff"), but mail servers are down so DR activated my account manually so I could post my appeal.

monster
December 13th, 2011, 11:18 AM
You were put on the watchlist because you were talking outside the game and exchanging game-influencing information and it is fucking obvious from the posted replay. - "skyping" doesn't require you to be using the program Skype, it's just a word used for convenience. Being in a chat party inside the sc2 client and talking about the game is "skyping".

This is a minor warning(slap on the wrist) that does not affect your ability to play the game.

Eric
December 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM
you can't party chat in game, actually, so there is another idiotic claim. But I do party chat OUTSIDE of game. Ban anyone who has ever been in a party.

And yes, when people quit because you show up on a watch list because some retard filed a BS report, it does effect your game.

Edit by fred: Yes..you can partychat in game. If you decide to go against the rules of the game, you deserve the punishment, you shouldn't keep fighting it as it will only get worse for you.

Ice52berg
December 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Actually you can party chat in game. I talk to my brother who plays WoW all the time. It is still possible to do.

Sookie
December 14th, 2011, 07:21 AM
goes to show if you cheat you will eventually get caught. also judging by the anger hes not too happy about it, but thats what happens. people always say "replays don't prove anything" or "they wont do anything" well, here ya have it. it does and they do.

also, yes there's nothing wrong with joining as a party with people. i joined a party of 3 other newer mafia players today actually. after playing a few games with them one of them sent me a message and asked if i would like to join them. we talked about the games after the game was over. now if we had talked about it during the game, that would have been cheating. i actually talked to them about that when i joined their party. :P

playing mafia with others is a lot of fun. you just gotta follow the rules =)

Eric
December 14th, 2011, 03:42 PM
goes to show if you cheat you will eventually get caught. also judging by the anger hes not too happy about it, but thats what happens. people always say "replays don't prove anything" or "they wont do anything" well, here ya have it. it does and they do.

I give up, unprofessional admins *always* let power go to their head. Your generic comments about replays mean nothing in this case, if you took the time to watch the replay you would see there is *nothing* out of the usual in this game. Good news though, you just admitted to playing with a party, my only crime. Funny thing is, at the end of the day, when infants like the apparent admin team here get power the first thing they do is start kicking for imaginary charges, you are destroying your own community. Do you think the majority of mafia players come to the forum? Slowly but surely the admins will put everyone on kick list because they got beat in a game, or somebody lucky guessed on them.

Fred, rather than editing my post, how about using some sense. The issue of "party chat" has nothing to do with this. How does the existence of party chat prove that I was skyping? How do any of these comments prove I was skyping? Furthermore, maybe you people should try using party chat or whisper since you're so convinced it works, as the chat box only displays in game messages.

It seems the only argument you all have is "YOU CULD B CHETING", but instead of taking the time to actually watch the replay, you jump to show everyone what a badass admin you are.

So please, ban me, kickvote me, or just keep me on the watch list, it only proves that I'm right. Slowly but surely you will destroy your own community. Looking at the other "reports" I can clearly see that you don't understand the consequences to your actions. But that's what happens when kids get admin, anyone who has played any game where there are private servers knows how it is.

Having seen what the admins are like, I honestly don't even want to play mafia anymore. Children just aren't mature enough to throw their pride aside, and judge fairly. Can you imagine the fallback blizzard would get if a dev got pissed and banned someone for beating them?

Enjoy your game, good luck to any admin who is trying to be respectful and treat people fairly...you have a lot working against you.

Ambient
December 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I will take another look at this case. However, from your attitude... well.. its not very becoming of an innocent player.

EvilValk
December 14th, 2011, 05:20 PM
You obviously don't understand why you were put on the watch list and you also conspicuously can't differentiate from being in a party and passing information to each other through an outside source of communication. It gives an unfair advantage to those people you're exchanging information to. You can narrow down chances of who is what role and who isn't a specified role. You never whispered any of them yet they knew you were sheriff and vice versa? The replay shows apparent knowledge of each of your roles without PMing one another. Just accept the fact you got caught and the judgement placed on behalf of it.

Only people who get this angry are people who can't take responsibility for their actions, and cheaters who get caught.

FYI, by the way, 3 votes can easily sway others to voting for a specific individual.

Ambient
December 14th, 2011, 05:52 PM
First Lie

Well, now that my forum account has been verified I can finally defend myself against these morons.
First off, me and Slade don't know this "Spenser" guy, so you obviously got trolled by him in dead chat.

He is in the middle of your party, and defends you in dead chat.

Second Lie

Second, we weren't skyping, it's ironic that mafia is a "party game" when you can't play it with people you know without people freaking out. Your evidence is ridiculous, you may notice at the top that it says I was playing as a SHERIFF, and the first thing I did was to lynch a mafia, THAT is why town listened to me. (Hell, even if we were skyping AND were playing with the "spenser" guy 3 votes wouldn't have allowed us to lynch mafia.

Doc healed you from the start. Doc said you would confirm he is Doctor when you never PM'd.

So people who actually watched the replay, watch it again, note that I find a maf night 1, if you were doctor, why wouldn't you heal? If you were the sheriff and had checked 3/4 and got not suspicious on all of them when the last guy is a mafioso, why wouldn't you accuse him?

You found an Arsonist night 1. You have already been confirmed in a party. Stop the bullshit. You and he never communicated in game that he was doc until far into the game. As well as you never checked either Slade nor Spenser, nor ever called them into suspicion.

As for why he healed me night 1, I had used that name before, but since he didn't know my role he had no idea whether he was helping or hurting his team, which is just like doctors do every night 1 if they randomly pick someone. After that I was a KNOWN sheriff, of course he healed me.

With the way you have described this... I call bullshit.

I have over 2800 points in mafia, which is at least 250 games, if I was cheating I would have been reported long ago. He got trolled in dead chat, that's why I'm here apparently, there should be a watch list for people who get trolled.

Irrelevant. I know cheaters with over 10k points.

you can't party chat in game, actually, so there is another idiotic claim. But I do party chat OUTSIDE of game. Ban anyone who has ever been in a party.

Now I know you are bullshitting >.>

I give up, unprofessional admins *always* let power go to their head. Your generic comments about replays mean nothing in this case, if you took the time to watch the replay you would see there is *nothing* out of the usual in this game. Good news though, you just admitted to playing with a party, my only crime. Funny thing is, at the end of the day, when infants like the apparent admin team here get power the first thing they do is start kicking for imaginary charges, you are destroying your own community. Do you think the majority of mafia players come to the forum? Slowly but surely the admins will put everyone on kick list because they got beat in a game, or somebody lucky guessed on them.

Unprofessional? I think not. I have spent over 45 minute reviewing you case, report, and replay. I believe everything is quite clear.

Summary
I am 100% satisfied with the proof that the three of you were communicating outside of game.

The doctor heals Eric every single night. The sheriff never checks the other two. Spencer unwittingly proves they are communicating outside of game. When everyone was accusing Eric and Slade of skyping, he states they are not 'trust me' then that they are all in the 'same room together.' Eric saw this, thought Oh shit. Tried to distance himself and Slade. The three of them were clearly in a party (I dare you to challenge this). You cannot deny knowing him (proves your full of shit).

These three clearly cheated. Just because they all happened to be town roles does not mean we can allow a precedent that allows for out of game communication.

Eric just because one of your group was not evil and you did not get an upper hand (either by helping an evil role win, or the evil role leaking his info over skype/in person) you cannot reveal that information. Cheating is cheating. From your lack of respect for the reporting system you have proven your guilt.

A watch list is a minor infraction. As monster said, it is a slap on the wrist. You may challenge my claims. However, I am very good at what I do. I do take this quite seriously. So please. After I have already proven your above statements false. What do you have to say?

I suggest you drop the matter, and accept your punishment. A watch list is a short punishment, however, you name is now known to our Keepers. If you are caught cheating again.. more serious action may be taken.

♥ Ambient

Raptorblaze
December 14th, 2011, 05:57 PM

And yes, when people quit because you show up on a watch list because some retard filed a BS report, it does effect your game.

Quite honestly the dumbest statement I've ever heard to refute an accusation of cheating.