PDA

View Full Version : Mason Leader cannot recruit.

Crimlet
December 7th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I've played a couple games with the same setup featuring 1 cult, 1 Mason Leader with random Mason Leader disabled, and 1 Citizen. 15 players. Mason Leader is unable to recruit at all. I saved the setup as it's really good. Sometimes random towners come up as citizens as well so should make more interesting game for mason team.

However, due to this problem, Mason Leader is unable to recruit at all causing towners to lose. The interface says that the Mason leader has ran out of recruits or something. Even though there are still citizens. Thus, Mason Leader sits, and does nothing with no powers leaving the towners at a disadvantage.

ML cannot attempt to recruit anybody. Thus, cannot kill cult or expose mafia.

My suspicion was that ML can only recruit if the one role set to Citizen is alive regardless of if there are more Citizen generated from Random Towners. Thus if the non-random Citizen dies, ML can do nothing. I'm not sure if this is the case as it seems that ML just can't recruit at all. Feel free to PM me, and I'll help check ingame if necessary.

Thanks.

Ambient
December 7th, 2011, 02:03 AM

Didn't we just answer this.

Mason Leader can only recruit Citizens. If the target is not a citizen or cultist nothing will happen. If the target is a cultist he will kill the cultist.. If the target is a citizen he will become a mason.

Luna
December 7th, 2011, 05:10 AM
I think his problem isn't the fact that the ML can't recruit power roles, but that the ML is in the game specifically to kill cult but couldn't do it.

If that's the case, you're absolutely sure Crimlet that the Mason Leader was targeting Cult?

I don't know if it's my imagination, but check the ML settings, iirc you can choose to have a limited number of recruit attempts which maybe you've selected?

BorkBot
December 7th, 2011, 05:28 AM
I think the actual problem might be something that wasn't written in the OP.

Since a few updates ago, the Mason Leader MUST have a maximum amount of recruits set. If you enable none of the options, the ML just doesn't get any night actions and is powerless (no options checked used to be infinite recruits, but it no longer works).

So set it to 4 (the highest) and you're good to go.

Yayap
December 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Can I please see that replay?

Crimlet
December 9th, 2011, 02:46 AM
I think the actual problem might be something that wasn't written in the OP.

Since a few updates ago, the Mason Leader MUST have a maximum amount of recruits set. If you enable none of the options, the ML just doesn't get any night actions and is powerless (no options checked used to be infinite recruits, but it no longer works).

So set it to 4 (the highest) and you're good to go.
Thank you! I'm going to try this. Yes as the OP stated, there is one citizen, and various random towners that could turn up as citizens. Yet ML had no ability to even attempt to recruit anybody. This includes attempting to recruit cult, mafia, towners, etc. The ability to attempt to recruit at night was just not functional.

BorkBot
December 9th, 2011, 09:10 AM
For the record, failed recruits don't count towards the 4 total. Only citizen conversions and cultist kills do.