December 6th, 2011, 07:42 AM
i think we should be able to create our own FM

what do you think?

CmG
December 6th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Blame god if you can't do it?

vornksr
December 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
You're welcome to host a FM whenever you like; you just need a forum and you're good to go. :)

But seriously, it takes a lot of coordination and requires a certain number of players. If we had all sorts of games going on concurrently it'd be much harder to get the people to run the decent-sized games that we've had so far.

Luna
December 6th, 2011, 09:21 AM
The main problem is administrative. The main FM games have so many players, usually create lots of anonymous accounts and have a whole host of special subforums, roles, etc.

I think I've found a way to host a simple 12-16 man forum mafia without needing any admin powers on these boards, who would be interested in trying it out? Each Day/Night will be in one thread, and I think I've got night chat covered. Should take up minimal space on the forum.

TheWaaagh
December 6th, 2011, 11:46 AM
The main problem is administrative. The main FM games have so many players, usually create lots of anonymous accounts and have a whole host of special subforums, roles, etc.

I think I've found a way to host a simple 12-16 man forum mafia without needing any admin powers on these boards, who would be interested in trying it out? Each Day/Night will be in one thread, and I think I've got night chat covered. Should take up minimal space on the forum.

How would you do that without people seeing the night chat update? I'm all for it if you've found a way, but I don't know how you could do that without mod powers. I'm also not a master of forums though, so it could be something really easy I just have no idea about.

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
How would you do that without people seeing the night chat update? I'm all for it if you've found a way, but I don't know how you could do that without mod powers. I'm also not a master of forums though, so it could be something really easy I just have no idea about.

Join the M-FM then

Luna
December 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
The simple answer; the chat will not take place on these forums. Details of how to access night chat will be included in the role PM if the role needs it :)

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
The simple answer; the chat will not take place on these forums. Details of how to access night chat will be included in the role PM if the role needs it :)

figured. i've had this idea before but it was shot down. hows dead chat gonna work how u gonna stop people not in fm from posting in it

Luna
December 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I trust that anyone who invades the game and screws it up will be noticed by forum moderators and banned from future FMs. After all, it's not like we wouldn't be able to ruin the normal games of FM if we wanted to (*cough FMIV cough*), but we all want to have fun and I'm sure we can trust the players :) Things like PMs and stuff can't be policed anyway.

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM
what about dead chat?

Luna
December 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Originally I wasn't going to have dead chat, but it would actually be quite easy to incorporate into the night chat.

so if you die you'll find out ^^

Nick
December 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Can we create a subforum for M-FM?
1) M-FM hosts as mods for their own M-FM
2) Ignore post count

Deathfire123
December 14th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Can we create a subforum for M-FM?
1) M-FM hosts as mods for their own M-FM
2) Ignore post count

No, that is reaching beyond the bounds of the M in FM

Luna
December 15th, 2011, 05:23 AM
No, that is reaching beyond the bounds of the M in FM

Exactly, it's designed to require nothing from any mods or admins and take up as little space as possible with as few people as possible; we're not just trying to bypass the regular FM we must stay grounded xD

Nick
December 15th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Bah. Voted wrong. Should have chosen option2.

1) The reason why I propose a new subforum is to prevent Forum Mafia Parking from getting flooded with M-FM games.
2) Regarding mod power, it will not be necessary as long as we have a third party site. But I would still prefer that night and jail chats can be archived to be read later.
3) As for ignore post count: Nick <-- Respected FM troll spammer.