PDA

View Full Version : Anonymity for all future FM games.

Ubernox
December 5th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Simply the prescience of these battle-hardened veterans, loved/hated personas and known master-logicians and thinkers created an extremely warped atmosphere and environment during this game of FM. Methinks that anonymity would have done away with all grudges, biases and assumptions, allowing each player, old and new alike, to have had a clean slate.

As it is, it looks like this current FM will be over before long, I propose for anonymity for the next upcoming FM instead.

Anyone else agree with me?

vornksr
December 5th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Dunno what False & Fred have planned for FMVIII, but I definitely intend to have anonymity for when I cohost FMIX (though tbh I haven't really talked anything over with Jack yet).

Ambient
December 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I personally believe we should be able to make 40ish FM accounts, and recycle the to different players for each anomn FM

Set up the accounts once. The users never change the settings. At the end of the FM. The FM Master gives the account list to the New FM, he changes the passwords.

Complete amonimity without having to register 30-40 every single time.

jaczac
December 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I personally believe we should be able to make 40ish FM accounts, and recycle the to different players for each anomn FM

Set up the accounts once. The users never change the settings. At the end of the FM. The FM Master gives the account list to the New FM, he changes the passwords.

Complete amonimity without having to register 30-40 every single time.

This. I, personally, would LOVE seeing the thelma acc back. <3

Ambient
December 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Well these proposed accounts would be randomly selected along with the roles for the players.

Ubernox
December 5th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a good idea, considering how awkward it would be to create 40+ forum accounts for every FM.

Guardian
December 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
good idea, maybe we should implement a mafia sub-account which is deleted and randomized each FM game?

Ash
December 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
yes! i propose to see glen, brian, peter, and lois all together in one single FM. (and any other family guy i missed)

Yayap
December 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Should there be anonymity in all ensuing FM games?

No.

Although I like being able to hide, one game now and then that is not anonymous is nice.

That and I hate the anonymous names that we had in the past. I can never tell them apart, they lack personality.

FalseTruth
December 5th, 2011, 11:29 PM
No.

Although I like being able to hide, one game now and then that is not anonymous is nice.

That and I hate the anonymous names that we had in the past. I can never tell them apart, they lack personality.
I got that covered this time.

Fragos
December 5th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Can you make new accounts with russian and japanese names?

Perotto
December 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Pheurithsudru Aedanu Tyeutheria Haillydru Tyiastyn Reollyriarin Aerallo
Aidasurin Ilon Haenasu Euda Aeli Pheodai Eona
Railinudil Phidasu Eothem Yala Sili Ithe Phirithsurgue
Eola Aidariadru Yasty Phaeduenu Phaesurra Iri Crilaestira
Iada Tyeothesuir Rilisu Nithephos Ilaello Tyarideu Yallystical
Aelly Aillyrgue Aenaria Siasri Hiduesudil Aelaenurgue Reostysu
Raidue Aillystirap Aeri Alisti Saeralsti Eoduem Yalaesu
Heolo Idanu Iduesti Silaenum Iali Aelollo Radue
Rinasti Phiasrillophos Aida Pheollyrap Tyidaru Raelom Hialaesucal
Siaristin Reusty Pheonasuir Tyisrical Aedue Seudadil Saeristi
Heusurphos Arith Eolin Tyastysuir Euristira Iada Anasuir
Yathen Tyeulisuir Talaria Phaesurdil Sasurllo Yaduerap Ryaladru
Heudue Haena Rilorin Asurcal Syalaesti Leoral Phaisriria
Eoraldru Ilaenura Yalae Saelaello Ralirap Dinalis Isur
Lailly Aerithsup Saesri Yalo Aidallo Silae Sisty
Eutheria Kithesti Aedai Eolaesti Visristidil Aethestira Iasurn
Aenasusuir Haetheriadru Eorith Adaillo Iadallop Aerisu Eurithstidil

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Aida is the only one in that list that is viable (yes I know its a troll list)

Elixir
December 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Aerithsup

Lol.

Guardian
December 6th, 2011, 01:24 AM
maybe you could make all accounts have "mafia" mode that makes their names hidden/randomized
the old accaunt would be unusable during the FM period...
or perhaps they will post as their old acc on anywhere except in the FM forum?

Zane
December 6th, 2011, 01:40 AM
yes $$$

Luna
December 6th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Lionel deserves a chance to redeem himself.

Once, twice.... three times a lady....

Ambient
December 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I agree it shouldn't be required for all games. I just think if we are going to have anon-games, might as well having a bank of reusable accounts to keep down on member clutter.

TheJackofSpades
December 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM
We already do Ambient

Ganondorf
December 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM
As far as accounts go, I think it would be kind of cool to reuse the same accounts with the same names for each Forum Mafia. I think it would bring back fond memories to play with names from the past, playing as or against older names. Personally, I would love to resurrect my very own Jimmy from FM V and see how well he fares in the hands of another player...

Though anonymity is certainly nice, I do think that its cool to play a non-anonymous game every now and then for old time's sake (good times....). I certainly think that these non-anonymous forum mafias should be well spaced out, and maybe they should be invite-only? Hmm....

Luna
December 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I agree with the general consensus, anonymity is a huge part of the fun for me. Getting given a new identity, a chance to play around with avatars, a clean slate to start anew and the chance to build up in-game friendships and jokes with people you might never have talked to before :) I thought it was fun when people were guessing COM identities as well as roles.

The occasional non-anonymous game is cool too, in such a large game there always seems to be new players though and anonymous games are kinder to them.

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I miss Janice and Velma they served me well

Nick
December 7th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Reuse old names and you might get this:
That Lionel guy is !@#$ in the last game. Lets !@#$ him this game too.
And that is bad.
No offense to Luna...

Capitalier
December 7th, 2011, 02:25 AM
i'm sure all the new anon names will be named after k-pop stars

yea bitches
i'm e.via

Luna
December 7th, 2011, 05:00 AM
And that is bad.
No offense to Luna...

I was fucking AWESOME in that game. Notice how I turned one administrative error into a chance to save my allies. Shinra was pegged from the beginning of day 2 but they didn't go down for some time.

I still don't know why I looked scummy I just played the game exactly how I played the current one ^^ Yayap comes along and declares himself Sheriff and lynches me, he must've been pretty damn sure I was Mafia.

Ganondorf
December 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
And that is bad.
No offense to Luna...

That would imply that everyone is assuming that Luna got his old account again despite their being 30+ other accounts he could've gotten: fail logic.

Luna
December 7th, 2011, 02:50 PM
If I got Warren I would begin using $

$$$

Sumikoko
December 7th, 2011, 10:40 PM

I got that covered this time.

... For some reason, I don't like the sound of that lol.
Dun dun DUUUUN.

Nick
December 7th, 2011, 10:53 PM
That would imply that everyone is assuming that Luna got his old account again despite their being 30+ other accounts he could've gotten: fail logic.

What I meant was account-linked stereotypes/prejudice.

I hope I won't end up with some "unlucky" accounts!

Yayap
December 7th, 2011, 11:49 PM

Thats where the Yayaptracking1000 comes in handy.

Guardian
December 8th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Thats where the Yayaptracking1000 comes in handy.

we have the counter weapon known as the EMP you know.....
oh and the Yayaphiding1000......

Luna
December 8th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Oh Shawna you bitch xD

Ganondorf
December 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM

I hope I won't end up with some "unlucky" accounts!

I wanna be Thomas (I think it was him) the troll vigilante from FM V...

FalseTruth
December 8th, 2011, 12:52 PM
You won't be getting previously named accounts because of the inherent prejudice it would cause for night actions. Everything will be renamed and post counts will be reset. This will occur during every cycle of FM. Even Jailor accounts will be renamed so that you will not be able to tell how many jailors if there are any jailors in game.

Luna
December 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM
FT speaks wise words. For a dirty nazi hooker.

At the end of the day, I'd like to preserve the memories of the past. I'd feel violated if Lionel was given to someone that could play Scum well.

Let's make new memories!