PDA

View Full Version : Players in Lobby

Voss
June 17th, 2016, 11:51 AM
So something that was a negative before on the android version was that there was a Lobby feature that was kind of confusing and led to people joining games, not seeing anyone type anything, and leaving, even though there appeared to be people in the game.

I'm looking for ideas on the best way to go about lobby filling

How it is right now, is that once you enter a lobby, you're in it until the game starts. A possible suggestion would be to kick people if they disconnect (aka close the window) while in the lobby.

Any other thoughts/mix of the above?

SuperJack
June 17th, 2016, 11:55 AM
A pre-lobby lobby is generally what is used.

A big lobby. With connections to smaller Lobby's where games are setup. So people can choose where to go if they want to play.

And where afk or people not ready wait.

Cryptonic
June 17th, 2016, 12:04 PM
What I would do it something like:

Button 1: Join Public Lobby
Button 2: Join Private Lobby
Button 3: Create Private Lobby

No chat would be available until you click a button.

Public Lobby would put you into a lobby that has space, first person in is the host (unless you add something to pass the host to another player). If a game doesn't start within x minutes, people get a notification and get sent back to main screen. People can then rejoin without the AFK'ers in place, or try again later.

Private Lobby button would prompt you to enter a code. If you enter the code, you get put into that lobby.

Create Private Lobby would create a new lobby where you are host, and there would be a code at the top of the screen. You would share this with your friends and they can join it via the Join Private Lobby button.

That's what I think would be good, at least.

Or a list of lobbies, but I can see people being awkward at first and not wanting to join a random lobby. Being forced into an open lobby would be good, I think.

Voss
June 17th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I like both. The "world lobby" gives something to do and talk.

And I'd probably add in some functionality to put that private lobby on the public queue, kind of like what SC2 had at one point before it was taken out.

You're probably right with the list of lobbies, that was one of the downfalls of the android version.

Voss
June 21st, 2016, 09:54 AM
this is pretty much implemented.

SuperJack
June 21st, 2016, 12:28 PM
Some sort of back button.

Voss
June 21st, 2016, 12:34 PM
pushing that soooon! was just working on it.