PDA

View Full Version : Dimaga.

Rime
May 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
DR, I know you probably have heard this many times from us over on eu, but is there anything you can do about mTwDIMAGA, because he's been wiping points in pubs and channel games alike.

TheJackofSpades
May 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I encourage you to be proactive, complain to Blizzard about it. At least then MAYBE something will be done about him hacking the game.

Goonswarm
May 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM
The ability of moderators to wipe points is gone. It is something I suggested to DR in the mod forums. Hardly ever use it and it is extremely destructive in the wrong hands. Now we can only kick which is fine because if Diamaga wants to kick people they can just join a game without him, instead of losing all their points to some lowlife hacker.

styx0202
May 28th, 2011, 05:52 PM
this whole dimaga busines is quite fascinating to be honest, i can't wait for the outcome, although, i higly doubt blizzard can do ANYTHING. Looking at his actions, he seems to be the type of person who gets provoked the more you try to fight him, and he knows his shit, so it will be quite messy if he will get serious. forget about getting rid of him from bnet, person with his determination and level of knowledge most definitely have a good income enough to buy hundreds of sc2 keys. even if he is just a loner.

mrzwach
May 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Why are people impressed by this dimaga guy?

It's not the fact that hes some super hacker pro, its that Blizzard fails and is lazy as shit. Anyone else remember the guy who could warp in immortals? Hilarious shit, people at Blizzard forgot to remove the immortal warping in ability from the warp gate, and it could still be used with the command ID. Similar issues with dialog boxes - instead of having a goddamn getlocalplayer equivalent, Blizzard fails and forces mapmakers to create dialogs for everyone then only show them to certain people.

Generating a bank file which gives you points/mod position/whatever is about as difficult as reading the in-depth step by step tutorial the guys at sc2mapster posted (derp derp), and then editing a few functions. That's around 30 seconds of work.

The most hideous part of this entire issue is that Blizzard created a new game system where everything is hosted by their servers, then instead of using this fact to make their game secure from script kiddies hacking it they take the lazy route and do stuff like storing banks on people's computers, where they can easily be modified.

/rant

edit: also this guy sounds like a douchebag anyway because he named himself after a pro player. :\

Zack
May 29th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Generating a bank file which gives you points/mod position/whatever is about as difficult as reading the in-depth step by step tutorial the guys at sc2mapster posted (derp derp), and then editing a few functions. That's around 30 seconds of work.

The most hideous part of this entire issue is that Blizzard created a new game system where everything is hosted by their servers, then instead of using this fact to make their game secure from script kiddies hacking it they take the lazy route and do stuff like storing banks on people's computers, where they can easily be modified.

QFT

I couldn't agree more. Blizzard totally failed here.

How hard is it to have a dedicated database for bank info instead of this fail lazy system they came up with? I guess they don't wanna cough up the cash for it, they don't make enough from WoW it seems, rofl.

oops_ur_dead
May 29th, 2011, 07:32 AM
The absolute best fucking part is that map files are cached locally and aren't checked at any point to make sure they're legit. Meaning you can add triggers that spit out variables and other things (which I'm fairly certain is how Dimaga is doing this) and it'll work 100%.