PDA

View Full Version : Idea : New system to mark posts based on colors

RLVG
June 6th, 2016, 05:41 AM
By implementing an option to highlight posts, E.G. making a certain post show up in Green, Red, Blue, White, Black or whatever, you can re-browse a thread easier.
The highlight can be either border, or the background of post.

For example in a Forum Mafia game, I can highlight posts in Green to mark that I have read them, Black for spam, Red for Scummy, Blue for information, et cetera, and I would be the only one to see this.

This idea is especially helpful during an Isolation Read on the membres of the forum, or perhaps helpful to keepers / moderators / administrators on their daily work.

An additional idea together with this is to also have a filter to show only the posts of certain colors.

And finally, perhaps let the OP of the thread have certain highlights E.G a glitter highlight or whatever that's marked up for everyone, which would be useful for things like Forum Mafia "day start / night start", etc.

Cryptonic
June 6th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Find a plugin

RLVG
June 6th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Find a plugin

I'm not a forum developer / programmer and this is an idea universal to everyone.

Cryptonic
June 6th, 2016, 07:34 AM
I'm not a forum developer / programmer and this is an idea universal to everyone.

I know, that's what I asked you to search the internet for a vb4 plugin that supports this.

RLVG
June 6th, 2016, 09:01 AM
I know, that's what I asked you to search the internet for a vb4 plugin that supports this.

I'm bad at searching specific things that I don't know the name of.

Gave a try anyway, this is the closest thing I found. Any geniuses out there who can modify it to fit in the ideas I brought or find the perfect plugin?
This seems to be Mod-Only, one color only and everyone (or mods only) can see it for specific "moderated" or "deleted" posts, which isn't the ideas here.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=315361