PDA

View Full Version : What defines a killing role?

Logante
May 27th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Are killing roles only classes that has a primary ability to kill?
(Vigilante, mafiaso, serial killer)

Are killing roles also classes that indirectly kill, such as body guards?
(example: I put random town EXCLUDES KILLING TYPES. Will I have bodyguards in the game?)

What happens when you allow a random power role, but exclude killing roles? How about exclude power roles but allow killing roles? Does the power role "trump" the killing role? (serial killer, for example, if I allow power but exclude killing, will serial killers exist? If I exclude power but include killing, will serial killers exist?)

Clawtrocity
May 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
A role that kills by killing and not by protecting I'm like 90% sure.

Dark.Revenant
May 27th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Bodyguard is a secondary killing role. He does not kill by choice but rather by being forced into it. Jester is another secondary killing role (if the option is set). Vigilante, Mafioso, Godfather, Disguiser, Serial Killer, and Arsonist are all primary killing roles. Witch and Bus Driver are tertiary killing roles, in that they can influence who/how kills are made, but cannot make any new kills.

Logante
May 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Bodyguard is a secondary killing role. He does not kill by choice but rather by being forced into it. Jester is another secondary killing role (if the option is set). Vigilante, Mafioso, Godfather, Disguiser, Serial Killer, and Arsonist are all primary killing roles. Witch and Bus Driver are tertiary killing roles, in that they can influence who/how kills are made, but cannot make any new kills.

Aye. I understand that. My question really comes down to setup. If I say no killing role, will bodyguard still be in play....because technically he kills....or does the filter system for game setup only consider primary roles?

Like, for example, when I asked to have a definition of what "basic" or "advanced" was, I got a useful reply, and I owe him a game, btw...

You, DR, then came in and added to that which were POWER, SUPPORT, etc... I'd like to know which ones are KILLING, as well, for purposes of hosting a game.

Dark.Revenant
May 27th, 2011, 10:34 PM
The primary killing roles as I said are the ones that are filtered out.

Logante
May 27th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Zack
May 29th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Would it ever be possible to add a random SK or Arsonist only, excluding all other neutrals? I had hoped that would be possible with the new random options, but SK being Basic and Arsonist being Advanced prevents this... Perhaps add a checkbox for "Exclude non-killing roles" on random neutral?

Witches get added to the game more often than not if I do a random Advanced or a Random Neutral excluding benign. Honestly i've had it with getting 2 witches a game, lol.

Dark.Revenant
May 29th, 2011, 03:52 AM
That's actually a bug.