PDA

View Full Version : Forum Mafia Role Idea

oops_ur_dead
November 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Name: Redactor
Alignment: Mafia
Ability: Every night, the redactor can select three posts from any point in the game. They can then permanently black out parts of the post. Last wills can also be redacted, with each last will counting as one post.

Luna
November 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Haha ingenius, I like it.

Dust
November 29th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Very original and very simple. Very awesome.

Luna
November 30th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Definitely a weaker role though, best used for flavour in setups where it can replace a simple Gunner/Mafioso.

Ubernox
November 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I love it.

Ash
November 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM
me like

NorthStar
December 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Can they simply make it three sentences or words? Three "parts" isn't specific enough for me.

TheJackofSpades
December 1st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Yes a reason for people to copy and paste 50 pages of posts into notepad!

TheWaaagh
December 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Yes a reason for people to copy and paste 50 pages of posts into notepad!

Yeah, that's my only problem with this role. It's kind of easy to work around. Being able to mess with last wills is interesting though, if you made it something like messing with last wills and death notes, I think that could be pretty fun and would make it a little more powerful.

Edit: I should clarify, I meant messing with them before they get released. Otherwise it's still the same problem of everyone just saving everything anyway and rendering him useless.

oops_ur_dead
December 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Can they simply make it three sentences or words? Three "parts" isn't specific enough for me.
They can block out as much or as little of the post as they want.

As for the workaround, don't forget that people could also alter the posts that they have recorded, adding another layer of complexity.

Luna
December 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
I really wish that when you edit a post it wouldn't show up as 'Edited on...'

Because an addendum to this role could have been 'Can change a name in a post to another name'. If it could be done without it showing up as edited, well, imagine someone going back over the posts and thinking 'Hmm, he defended the really scummy player just before we lynched him, suspicious' etc.

oops_ur_dead
December 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
I really wish that when you edit a post it wouldn't show up as 'Edited on...'
It's possible to do this, actually.

Auckmid
December 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Might be UP, but I don't know, and it looks like a lot of fun.