PDA

View Full Version : who is this guy

regardzz
May 27th, 2011, 12:17 PM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/sc22011052722102311.png/

who is this guy and why he can do stuff like that? since he joined all people were screaming at him LOL

wightsnow
May 27th, 2011, 12:58 PM
No clue

Deolrin
May 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Could you send us a replay?
If that's DIMAGA, then he's a famous hacker. He also has almost all of the "high-end" Blizzard portraits(Dark Voice, Tassadar, etc), he can know everyone's role at once and he can change his points indefinitely.

Narks
May 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM
If that's DIMAGA, then he's a famous hacker. He also has almost all of the "high-end" Blizzard portraits(Dark Voice, Tassadar, etc), he can know everyone's role at once and he can change his points indefinitely.

oooh, so he can run a lossbot and edit a sc2 map

how impressive

not

regardzz
May 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM

yeah it was dimaga, he was killed first night then he started erasing peoples points lol, is there no way to stop him ?

Dark.Revenant
May 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
None at all, except:
1. Removing the moderation system and the points system completely
Or 2. Me stepping down, giving Mafia to a different developer, and publicly apologizing to DIMAGA for being such a bad developer
Or 3. Somehow convincing Blizzard to ban him

I cannot prevent him from hacking the points, so the only fix is to remove points.
I can prevent him from getting a roles list, but it requires several solid days of coding and testing to do it, and even then he'll eventually make a countermeasure. So this is basically unfixable.
I cannot prevent him from skimming someone's dialog or chat entry, so I cannot fix the moderator thing without removing moderators, donors, etc completely. If Blizzard lets me read battle.net names as strings instead of texts, I can make a real countermeasure to this (but he can just bnet change his name to the appropriate moderator and basically ruin it for that mod).

Auckmid
May 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I do think that what he is doing is considred "cheating", so u have a case which u could present to battlenet to get him banned.

regardzz
May 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
None at all, except:
Or 2. Me stepping down, giving Mafia to a different developer, and publicly apologizing to DIMAGA for being such a bad developer

I cannot prevent him from hacking the points, so the only fix is to remove points.
I can prevent him from getting a roles list, but it requires several solid days of coding and testing to do it, and even then he'll eventually make a countermeasure. So this is basically unfixable.
I cannot prevent him from skimming someone's dialog or chat entry, so I cannot fix the moderator thing without removing moderators, donors, etc completely. If Blizzard lets me read battle.net names as strings instead of texts, I can make a real countermeasure to this (but he can just bnet change his name to the appropriate moderator and basically ruin it for that mod).

but why the fuck is he doing this? hes not getting anything from this, whats the fucking point in cheating in fucking custom game, how fucking retarded you have to be

TheJackofSpades
May 28th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Auckmid
May 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM
None at all, except:

This is quoted directly from from battlenet terms of agreement
You agree that under no circumstances:
A. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any game or any game experience
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

In short, he is breaking the battlenet terms of agreement, and should be banned for it

Auckmid
May 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
If u could find a replay in which this guy is breaking the rules, then send the replay to blizzard, he would almost certainly get banned ;D

regardzz
May 28th, 2011, 12:58 PM
If u could find a replay in which this guy is breaking the rules, then send the replay to blizzard, he would almost certainly get banned ;D

i doubt they would care, they didnt care about wc3 custom games either

Auckmid
May 28th, 2011, 01:01 PM
What hes doing is directly breaking terms of agreement for 1 of their biggest games. It would be very sad if they didnt care

DeadDiver
May 28th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Only one way to find out if they care. If everyone pisses him off if he is in your game, save replay. If everyone send blizz the replay along with Rev's thoughts on how to fix this, he could get banned. There is power in numbers!!!!!!!!

Jackie
May 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I wish it was possible to somehow do /ignore on someone like that, and then have battle net never put you in the same game again - obviously shouldn't work on ladder but for custom games it could.

Dark.Revenant
May 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I sent this to Blizz the other day.

This is a report of mTwDIMAGA of the EU server. Please note that this Dimaga is not the professional player, but rather an unaffiliated hacker. Some EU players have noticed that he hacks in 1v1 melee games.

Above all, however, he has hacked custom games, most notably my -Mafia- map. His specific offenses:

1. Cache File or RAM Mining.

TOS Clause: "use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by any Game or the Service to store information about a character or a Game environment"

Evidence: Mafia has a moderator system activated through entering a password into a dialog edit box, hidden to the other players. The password is hashed with a SHA-256 algorithm and compared with the hash in the map's code to determine validity. The 19-character SHA-256 password I use would take many thousands of years to brute-force without state-of-the-art cryptography hardware, so he must have data-mined or perhaps network-skimmed the code during a game in which another moderator entered his password. I have successfully tested this method on my own to confirm my suspicions. He is using this moderator code to kick people and erase the points they have earned over time, so it also violates "disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service or any Game environment (each a "Server"); or (ii) any other player's Game experience" of the TOS.

2. Bank Signature Exploitation.

TOS Clause: "modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of any Game or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard"

Evidence: My map has a points system, along with a server-wide leaderboard system. The bank files used to store these figures are signature-protected. However, mTwDIMAGA manages to give himself signed, but false, bank files after every update. Sometimes, this happens within a half hour of the update being uploaded. I have been able to determine the method he is likely using to falsify his bank files. First, he edits the map's galaxy code through the use of an MPQ editor to forcefully code in a false bank. Then, he creates an empty lobby of Mafia. Then, he swaps the legitimate version of Mafia with his edited copy. After that, he plays the game alone, gets his hacked bank, leaves, and puts the legitimate map back in place. I have been able to reproduce this method in testing.

Further evidence:
http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,178.msg1414/topicseen.html#msg1414
http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,123.msg912/topicseen.html#msg912
And several other threads from that forum.

MANY players have complained about mTwDIMAGA over the last two months. He has been hacking Mafia since I first released it on the EU server, and it seems he hacks other games as well, sometimes even melee games.

I have emails and other complaints given to me that I will release upon request. I could probably get several dozen affidavits given enough time, too.

regardzz
May 28th, 2011, 03:49 PM
nice :) will see what they say :)

McJesus
May 28th, 2011, 03:49 PM

why don't we all just try this