PDA

View Full Version : What does being on a "watch list" mean?

AzuredreamsXT
April 22nd, 2016, 04:52 PM
Just curious, I see confirmed offenders getting this as punishment, does it carry any kind of in-game restriction?

DarknessB
April 22nd, 2016, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the forums, AzuredreamsXT!

Watch List is the equivalent of "probation". It means that the player in question has been found guilty of violating Mafia game rules, that their conduct has been noticed by other players / staff, and that further conduct against the rules may subject them to an in-game ban, depending on severity. Watch List is one step up from "On Hold", which is basically a free strike for very minor offenses (like role quitting) and one step down from the Ban List, which prevents you from playing the game altogether. It's essentially a warning that you should review the game rules and be more mindful about following them because you've been caught doing something wrong.

There is no in-game restriction associated with the Watch List -- it is intended to be a warning, and the hope is that players on the Watch List recognize that they are being given a second chance to play the game right and take advantage of that opportunity. Because prior offenses are considered when determining punishment, having been on the Watch List in the past will increase the chances that a player receives a Ban List punishment for future conduct against the rules.

You can find all completed reports in the Reports section of the forum, which will indicate the offense found and punishment given. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

AzuredreamsXT
April 22nd, 2016, 05:07 PM
Yea I was reading some other report threads in that forum after I registered to report a match myself. I read that role quitting will never get you a ban, just watch list status, does this mean that you can essentially role quit whenever without getting banned? I saw what I believe is the person in charge state he will never ban for role quitting.

DarknessB
April 22nd, 2016, 05:26 PM
Yea I was reading some other report threads in that forum after I registered to report a match myself. I read that role quitting will never get you a ban, just watch list status, does this mean that you can essentially role quit whenever without getting banned? I saw what I believe is the person in charge state he will never ban for role quitting.

Thanks for your question -- the punishments listed in the reports section are merely suggested punishments. To the extent we see someone role quitting over and over and over, those would be extenuating circumstances which might call for a Ban List punishment. In addition, reports beyond a fourth offense are more to the discretion of the Keeper processing the report and the Warden finalizing the punishment. Lastly, I think the quote that you were referring to was in reference to permabanning someone for role quitting, which is something that we would not want to do. Role quitting can and does get players on the Ban List, however.

FYRE
April 22nd, 2016, 05:30 PM
Been on watch list since Feb 2012, feelsgoodman

DarknessB
April 22nd, 2016, 05:37 PM
Been on watch list since Feb 2012, feelsgoodman

Well, we shouldn't necessarily generalize based on your unique experience -- if I recall, you recently rose up the staff ranks from green to blue to red in only a couple of days.

thedougler
April 23rd, 2016, 09:19 AM
There is no in-game restriction associated with the Watch List -- it is intended to be a warning, and the hope is that players on the Watch List recognize that they are being given a second chance to play the game right and take advantage of that opportunity.

When I was watchlisted in 2012 I had my option for names longer than 20 characters removed. Not sure if that's still in effect though.

apples3
August 30th, 2016, 05:18 AM
it mean ur a stupid noob cheater got caught GG

Aroith
August 30th, 2016, 07:58 AM

Perhaps you should re-read the thread~ :laugh:

Mesk514
August 30th, 2016, 08:20 AM

The irony is real eh?