PDA

View Full Version : SC2 Mafia in real life.

MichaelScott
April 11th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Share any experience you have of party games like mafia.
I am curious if this is a thing where you live, even if someone never played something like mafia in real life, mention it!
Where I live, generally mafia is known as "Palermo", among young people mostly. You will find people playing it at parties or gatherings of friends.
The roles being played are sadly only a few, due to practical reasons.
The according roles of our local Palermo game in mafia terms would be at least two mafiosos, a scumbag, everyone else citizens but one of them knows one of the mafiosos.
I play Palermo oftenly, me and friends gather at houses at least once a week and play.
Having played the local standard version, we started using roles like sheriff, doctor, vigilante and Serial Killer, which are easier to play irl than things like bus driver, MM etc.

Helz
April 11th, 2016, 06:25 AM
This is interesting. I have never come across Mafia in my real life. But I am also not really tied into game communities. I would imagine if I wanted to really find something like that I would just have to track down one of those game stores where people play the tabletop warhammer and DND and stuff. I know those are a thing.

powerofdeath
April 11th, 2016, 06:28 AM
We played werewolf in middle school few times, 1 werewolf, 20 humans, basically like mafia but with 1 serial killer and 20 citizens.

Obviously werewolf never won, but seen one last to final 5.

Cryptonic
April 11th, 2016, 06:31 AM
I have a few friends that play with their friends. Multiple groups of people. I've never personally played it IRL tho.

AIVION
April 11th, 2016, 06:38 AM
I've played the traditional 6 Cit 1 Cop 1 Doc and 2 Mafia before IRL. Was invited to a friends house once and we played all night. I remembered it to be quite enjoyable, and it's what helped me branch into VG mafia/Forum Mafia.

MichaelScott
April 11th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Well, here it is actually a mainstream, popular party game, if a lot of young people, especially university students, gather at someone's place there's good chances they will play Palermo.
So I actually play with my friends at my house or someone else's. We just gather around, talk, have a good time and play some Palermo.
Every time someone new happened to be in our company, we just tought him how to play and everyone had fun.
It's a social game after all, a game about people. We usually are around/over 10 people.
And if you look at the people I play with, no one actually fit the gaming community stereotype, most are girls, and few even know what DnD is.
It's just a popular game and you'll find people of different preferences/trends play it.
In many occassions it dragged us to early morning like this, combined with drinks and stuff, fun times.

Brendan
April 11th, 2016, 08:50 AM
I haven't played it but I watched a stream of dota 2 people playing it.

SuperJack
April 11th, 2016, 11:21 AM
I have just joined a game as a hydra with someone who's expeianced in Webcam mafia!

Yukitaka Oni
April 11th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I used to visit Russia, play mafia game with some of my comrade (loser pull the trigger)
Guess what? I always pull the trigger v)o.o)v