PDA

View Full Version : Feedback and Questions

McJesus
April 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
cool game, here is my two cents:

1) There should be A counter of how many mafia and how many serial killers there are in the daytime. Vast majority of smart people just do the math so most games it would only save you a couple seconds which is good but games with random any can favour mafia becuase they know who the other mafia are and so if there are more mafia they know it and town doesn't. Basically would just say # Mafia remaining and #Serial Killer(s) remaining without listing spefic mafia roles.
2) People with mics should have their player name shown whenever they talk with a mic as well as thier real name. Played a couple games where people had mics and it was a little annoying.
3) Default settings should be 0.5 for night because everyone puts it to that anyways and start at night to avoid the retarded random 1st day lynchings, as well as avoid waiting a minute or two for people that are smart enough to not 1st day lynch and the fact is every irl mafia game I have played has started at "night."
4) Suggested Roles:
(both of these are from reading other suggestion threads)
-Witness: Can see both mafia and mason chat at night but can't see player names
-hit man: Works for mafia and kills independent of other mafia however only has a certain amount of shots. So basically the role would be a mafia team vigilante
5) Make points system ladder. Basically let us see how many points each player in the game has as well as the top 3/5/or 10. Also host replacment should be awarded to the person with the most points.
6) Question: Is the description for doctors the same as serial killers? One game I was playing today I was investigator and I revealed it early to get rid of serial killer, because his description said something to the effect of he had a lot of sharp knives. hoping the doctor would cover me. He got lynched and was revealed to be a doctor. Next turn I got saved and then lynched because the mafia had a Consilerge and some people assumed that was me.

Dark.Revenant
April 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
1. Sorry, but no. Finding out how many Mafia there are is one of the things the players must do.

2. I can't anything about voice chat.

3. The game starts at night by default.

5. There is a point system. Also I can't make a full ladder, so I'm not going to do a top 10. I'll add ranks, though, that place you in a general tier.

6. Yes.

McJesus
April 18th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Cool. More feedback, more intelligent this time I hope

1) Stats are useless because for a lot of players they will randomly wipe. I have talked to people in mafia chat and this happens with a lot of them and me even after I deleted the memory bank file from starcraft 2 (which i can't read to find out my id in any windows programs btw). This is a problem with the mafia game and not blizzard because it happens with a lot of people and completly randomly. Please fix it!
2) Masons should have the option of a bulletproof vest but have it not be the default option. Give them the option so all weaker roles have a bulletproof vest to make things interesting. Survivor has become a lot more popular with the up to four bulletproof vests and masons who know who each other are and have a bulletproof vest would actually not be totally useless in the lategame.
3) Chat should be included in log, chat can be just as important to figuring out who is mafia or who to kill/lynch as mafia as the voting and killings are. It is good to have a record of who said what.
4) On the setup screen there should be an indicator of the number of players currently in the game. People should have this in mind when they are setting up a game because of blizzard there can be random desync's and people leaving the game in the setup period and then if they want to add additional mafia or sk the game becomes completly imbalanced because they forgot to balance mafia numbers with player numbers becasue they weren't aware that people had left. Yes it is a human error that people can correct but this would just make things easier for people.

Dark.Revenant
April 18th, 2011, 02:28 AM
1. My map saves banks more often than other maps. Therefore, there will be more problems. It's ultimately blizzard's fault for such a shoddy bank signature system. I've implemented an auto-backup system that will hopefully fix most of these issues.

2. Masons would be OP with bulletproof vests.

3. The log would be painfully long if this were the case. Chat, like in real life, is short-lived. Remember it, write it down, etc. At this point I could make a chat log without too much trouble, but there's a reason why I'm not doing this. Not even Epicmafia keeps a chat log, for instance.

4. Directly under the roles list is a counter of the remaining empty slots.

McJesus
April 18th, 2011, 03:17 AM
1. Hope it helps to fix things, stat wipe is frustrating.
2. Masons would not be OP, mason is an extremly underused and underpowered role. I'm just saying one vest not anywhere between 1/4 like survivor. If there is 2 masons they are pretty much worthless and if there is more then they will sometimes reveal themselves in will and make it gg for mafia because then you have a way higher chance of killing doctors investigators and sheriffs. If they claim mason at the trial people will ask for someone else who is a mason to back that up and you run into the same problem. It is only useful late game if all the masons have survived which never actually happens. People that use DR varriant just take mason out. I'm not saying 1/4 like survivor I'm saying give the OPTION of letting mason have one bulletproof vest. If people think it is OP then they can just not check it but mason still won't get used in the first place. More choice allows for better games.
3. Then add an in game notepad feature so that it is easier to keep track of things.
4. I'm aware of that. I'm just saying i have seen stupid people not count the total people in the game and put too many mafia in there. This would make it easier and would take minimal effort on your part to impliment

Eldrazor
April 18th, 2011, 07:29 AM
2. Masons would not be OP, mason is an extremly underused and underpowered role. I'm just saying one vest not anywhere between 1/4 like survivor. If there is 2 masons they are pretty much worthless and if there is more then they will sometimes reveal themselves in will and make it gg for mafia because then you have a way higher chance of killing doctors investigators and sheriffs. If they claim mason at the trial people will ask for someone else who is a mason to back that up and you run into the same problem. It is only useful late game if all the masons have survived which never actually happens. People that use DR varriant just take mason out. I'm not saying 1/4 like survivor I'm saying give the OPTION of letting mason have one bulletproof vest. If people think it is OP then they can just not check it but mason still won't get used in the first place. More choice allows for better games.
3. Then add an in game notepad feature so that it is easier to keep track of things.
4. I'm aware of that. I'm just saying i have seen stupid people not count the total people in the game and put too many mafia in there. This would make it easier and would take minimal effort on your part to impliment

2. Masons have day immunity and something to do at night. Bulletproof vest isn't going to change anything about masons revealing themselves causes other roles to die.
3. Step 1. Grab a piece of paper. Step 2. Grab pencil/pen. Done.
4. Then those people are stupid. Seeing how much players there are wouldn't change anything about their stupidness and failure at setting up fun variants.