PDA

View Full Version : -skip command

blahblah
November 20th, 2011, 03:33 AM
After first night is over the games stops functioning, it just freezes at black screen, doesn't say the outcome of your choice during night and doesn't move on to next day.

Amidamaru
November 20th, 2011, 03:38 AM
same thing keeps happening to me

Yayap
November 20th, 2011, 05:11 AM
New bugs were introduced in the new update while we tried to correct other bugs. DR is working hard to solve the problems and we please ask for your patience. Thank you for posting this but a replay would also be appreciated. We need all the help we can get.

blahblah
November 20th, 2011, 05:39 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?9inmhxbpbbbg9a0

Yayap
November 20th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Just so you know for future posts, you can upload the replays directly to the forums by posting in the advanced part by adding an Attachment. I'll do it for you this time. Thanks for the replay.

YetiSwarm
November 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Is it possible to just revert to the old version in the meantime? Currently the game is unplayable...

CmG
November 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
works well on Europe though. Played like 10 games today never encountered the bug. Maybe its only on US?

wolfcheese
November 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
So far every game I've joined today here in the US has this problem, so here are some more replays if the extra data helps.

I've noticed that the game still partially functions, you can still mute/unmute players and things like that, although you are no longer allowed to update your last will.

EDIT: I guess the game is fixed now, so whatever you guys did, thank you!

Ubernox
November 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah, no problems here in Europe.

blahblah
November 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Yep, it works again. Thanks for fast fix.

Gadgetboy
November 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM
ok, so I just played a strange game of mafia, something happend, and the game got confused, everyone's roles were displayed like how the mafia at night does it, and it played the night sequence and people were getting lynched, I Was dead at the time, I was named "your character" just for fun. :)

Anyway, watch this replay, it's actually kinda funny. hope this helps improve the game.200200

Edit: there was a new feature that I was not aware of, "-skip" I think a bug with that caused it, I think what happend was everyone skipped the day before it started.

Lysergic
November 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Same thing happened to me earlier. Thought it was hacking, but turns out it was a bug.

SPazZTiK
November 22nd, 2011, 11:28 PM
Wow, that's a hell of a glitch. Completely ruins the game. For DR - the bug starts at 18:00, and looks like it could have been caused by the -skip vote at 16:00. It looks like day and night somehow repeated/fused between then - people could chat at night that should not be able to, and their roles were listed with their name, and they could vote at night.

Lysergic
November 23rd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Wow, that's a hell of a glitch. Completely ruins the game. For DR - the bug starts at 18:00, and looks like it could have been caused by the -skip vote at 16:00. It looks like day and night somehow repeated/fused between then - people could chat at night that should not be able to, and their roles were listed with their name, and they could vote at night.

If I remember, it seemed to start after a skip vote for mine as well. The skip function in general is a bit buggy; I've had it not work at all in some games.

Yayap
November 23rd, 2011, 04:27 AM
We are aware of certain issues with the -skip command and DR is working on a fix. In the meantime, I would advise against using the -skip command.

Dark.Revenant
November 23rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
I uploaded a version last night which should have it fixed.

Unregistered
November 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
So how did the -skip feature appear in that game, was it recently added, or is it something that is only unlocked by a long enough day?

Yayap
November 23rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
So how did the -skip feature appear in that game, was it recently added, or is it something that is only unlocked by a long enough day?

It was added in with the latest update. And thus wasn't fully tested, it should work better now that DR sent out a new update to fix the bugs that came with the -skip command.