PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new. Someone told me I was watch listed but I can't find it!

NipponJoy
January 22nd, 2016, 04:56 PM
My name is Joy, 1-S2-1-2228007.

I assumed it was here: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/8-Punished-Players-amp-Appeals
But I can't find it, maybe I'm using the search engine wrong?

The person (Phox) said it was 4 days ago...

Any help would be appreciated.

Firebringer
January 22nd, 2016, 04:58 PM
Nobody with that ID has been watchlisted or ever reported.
This player you site as source isn't a moderator or admin either.

I think you are fine.

Water
January 26th, 2016, 09:46 PM
My name is Joy, 1-S2-1-2228007.

I assumed it was here: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/8-Punished-Players-amp-Appeals
But I can't find it, maybe I'm using the search engine wrong?

The person (Phox) said it was 4 days ago...

Any help would be appreciated.

I may have started this trend. I claim to have reported them so they go through the trouble of doing all of this.

Mugy
January 27th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Watch-list isn't even public anymore lol

Cryptonic
January 27th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I may have started this trend. I claim to have reported them so they go through the trouble of doing all of this.

??????????? why

DarknessB
January 27th, 2016, 08:53 AM

You realize you're not supposed to WIFOM with respect to game reporting, right?

IceePirate
January 27th, 2016, 09:11 AM

Thanks for making my job harder.

Water
January 27th, 2016, 11:18 AM
You realize you're not supposed to WIFOM with respect to game reporting, right?

The goal is to punish them for inappropriate actions (like gamethrow, leavetrain, etc) without doing any work on my part. Psychologically, the wrongdoers get concerned that they will get banned or sanctioned (albeit not effective all the time). Having to create an account and search the forums takes up their time and effort that could be better spent playing SC2. Finally, this forum gets more recognition through increased awareness.

Best of all, I can do this with an empty threat, rather than going through the cumbersome process of creating a file report. When they fail to find the report, they sit in trepidation awaiting for the report to be filed. In ways, the anxiety of waiting may punish them more than an actual sanction (which often amounts to a watchlist/slap on the wrist). But if you guys really want me to stop doing this, then I can stop. However, I do want to note that the vast majority of those I threaten tend to be actual rule breakers who in fact should be reported.

SuperJack
January 28th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Yes stop it.

Send reports instead.