PDA

View Full Version : Learning to blacksmith

Mathmatical
January 8th, 2016, 01:17 AM
Hello all, I have a new project I'm going to work on. Im going to go build a forge in the woods and learn to blacksmith. My dad knows a enough to teach me the basics of it and i think it will be a wonderful idea to learn how. Every day when i come home from school ill head to my forge and start working/practising with making weapons and amor. If i eventually get good at it i will start selling the weapons and make a business out of it. when i get good at it ill start posting pictures of the weapons i make. Ill also put up a picture of the forge when I start building it. The only thing stoping me from building it right now is my visa issues :wondering: . I hope to be able to build it soon. In Thailand its not illegal for someone my age to start a business. Ill probably use the income for college.

Thanks for reading,
-Caleb

Orpz
January 8th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Good luck man. In addition to the obvious physical requirements, I think you should learn more about the health risks. If it's anything like welding, then there's going to be toxins in the air that will significantly shorten your lifespan if you aren't careful.

Mathmatical
January 8th, 2016, 01:27 AM
The toxins art as much as a concern (I think) because the forge is in a open area instead of a closed space were the smoke could get traped

Mathmatical
January 8th, 2016, 01:28 AM
Im of corse going to look up all the safety hazards and lean how to avoid them.

SuperJack
January 8th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Ah! Good good.

I look forward to it. <3

Cryptonic
January 8th, 2016, 07:40 AM
I've always wanted to do this
Please build me some knife blades and axe heads

Apocist
January 8th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Apo's sure that those who do medieval reenactments would love those.

deathworlds
January 8th, 2016, 07:41 PM
That's a very noble profession!

I always trusted metal armor over kevlar anyhow.

SuperJack
January 8th, 2016, 07:57 PM
That's a very noble profession!

I always trusted metal armor over kevlar anyhow.

AH HA!

*Wields Giant Magnet*

You are now my puppet.

deathworlds
January 8th, 2016, 08:00 PM
AH HA!

*Wields Giant Magnet*

You are now my puppet.

aww shiet

Brendan
January 9th, 2016, 04:02 AM
I've always wanted to do this
Please build me some knife blades and axe heads

Canadian winter wilderness

Shenmue
January 9th, 2016, 09:01 AM
That's a pretty cool skill to learn Caleb, there's definitely a market for knives and swords out there, so you could end up having a pretty profitable hobby if you start selling your weapons.

AH HA!

*Wields Giant Magnet*

You are now my puppet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvmvxAcT_Yc