PDA

View Full Version : Concurrent Forum Mafia Games?

oops_ur_dead
November 18th, 2011, 01:25 PM
There's too much wankery going on and it takes forever for FM to happen. That, and the community is growing so large that we need an abnormal number of people, as well as having to cut some people out of FM. Perhaps we should run more than one Forum Mafia game at once, to remedy these issues?

nanosystem
November 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Yes, why not?

Deathfire123
November 18th, 2011, 02:00 PM
There's too much wankery going on and it takes forever for FM to happen. That, and the community is growing so large that we need an abnormal number of people, as well as having to cut some people out of FM. Perhaps we should run more than one Forum Mafia game at once, to remedy these issues?

As long as people in one Forum Mafia can view the other one as dead people.

Celt
November 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
As long as people in one Forum Mafia can view the other one as dead people.

Terrible Idea.

Deathfire123
November 18th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Terrible Idea.

Or at least read the thread and be able to post opinions/thoughts on who's what

Ash
November 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
2 fms at once seems like it can cause more confusion. more fun if theres more people in one game. but i do agree that these niggers should stop wanking. -_- (epic face)

NorthStar
November 18th, 2011, 04:45 PM
If so, more hosts and reserve hosts should be picked.

Ganondorf
November 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM
If so, more hosts and reserve hosts should be picked.

Yeah, maybe we could actually get through the 7+ game long host list in a reasonable timeframe...

TheJackofSpades
November 18th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah, maybe we could actually get through the 7+ game long host list in a reasonable timeframe...
Um, what the fuck are you talking about?

Deathfire123
November 18th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Um, what the fuck are you talking about?

FalseTruth said there were hosts all the way up to FM12 or something

Deathfire123
November 18th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Found it

Post #17 in the Epilogue for FMVII

"Also, Deathfire is right, we have hosts determined up till FMXIII. I will be hosting FMVIII and DR will host FMVI. For clarification, we can call FMVI FMDR because the order is a bit mixed up atm."

Auckmid
November 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I like this idea a lot.

TheJackofSpades
November 19th, 2011, 12:43 AM
FalseTruth said there were hosts all the way up to FM12 or something
I didn't fucking ask you. I asked him, I'm well aware that you breathe in FalseTruth's every word.

Ganondorf
November 19th, 2011, 12:59 AM
*sigh

Why must you two hate each other..,

Dust
November 19th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Because of their sex-drive. Their superegos simply cannot allow another to dominate in the same way that the other posts. They are too similar to live together.

Ganondorf
November 19th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Because of their sex-drive. Their superegos simply cannot allow another to dominate in the same way that the other posts. They are too similar to live together.

What does this have to do with sex? o.O

Dust
November 19th, 2011, 01:12 AM
They compete with each other in the cyber world. Their personalities want to dominate the field

/Freud

Deathfire123
November 19th, 2011, 02:08 AM
I didn't fucking ask you. I asked him, I'm well aware that you breathe in FalseTruth's every word.

There we go, I was waiting for the argument to start. Your question was answered. It could either take Ganondorf the trouble to find where I knew your answer was, or me having to send it to him, both of which are out of the way. Stop trying to start shit. It`s immature.

Edit: Loved the quote so much its in my sig now ♥ Jack (Is waiting for the inevitable "No U")

oops_ur_dead
November 19th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Found it

Post #17 in the Epilogue for FMVII

"Also, Deathfire is right, we have hosts determined up till FMXIII. I will be hosting FMVIII and DR will host FMVI. For clarification, we can call FMVI FMDR because the order is a bit mixed up atm."
FM I: Dark Rev
FM II: Elixir
FM III: FalseTruth & Goonswarm
FM IV: Oops & Claw
FM V: Elixir
FM VI: Dark Rev
FM VII: Illidan and Raiden
FM VIII: FalseTruth (tentative) + Fred? (tentative)
FM IX: vornskr (tentative) & TheJackOfSpades
FM X: Yayap
FM XI: Elixir
FM XII: Oops, Narks, and SAS
FM XIII: ?
FM FIV: Fred

Jack, Deathfire, stop arguing please. I'd rather this thread to be taken seriously, thanks.

Capitalier
November 19th, 2011, 10:55 AM
k deathfire was being a faggot and now you are

Ganondorf
November 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM
FM I: Dark Rev
FM II: Elixir
FM III: FalseTruth & Goonswarm
FM IV: Oops & Claw
FM V: Elixir
FM VI: Dark Rev
FM VII: Illidan and Raiden
FM VIII: FalseTruth (tentative) + Fred? (tentative)
FM IX: vornskr (tentative) & TheJackOfSpades
FM X: Yayap
FM XI: Elixir
FM XII: Oops, Narks, and SAS
FM XIII: ?
FM FIV: Fred

Jack, Deathfire, stop arguing please. I'd rather this thread to be taken seriously, thanks.

Narks helps host FM XII? >.> I wanna be a part of that

Zane
November 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
XIII is still free?

No problem I'm here!!!

TheJackofSpades
November 19th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Well, guess I'll never get to the bottom of the situation because you idiots white knight each other like I have never seen before. We might as well be playing FMV again.

P.S. Oops, you gave him an infraction for namecalling you, but you're worried about me telling him to keep out of what doesn't concern him might detract from the seriousness of your posts? Ok.

Auckmid
November 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Sorry, but some of these arguments are starting to be kinda pathetic. Stop taking everything so personaly.

jaczac
November 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM
can i be an intern host?

I wanna see how its like.

Ash
November 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry, but some of these arguments are starting to be kinda pathetic. Stop taking everything so personaly.

its called love.

Auckmid
November 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM
its called love.Lol. They shoud save if for new year's.

J
November 21st, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm definitely in favour of this happening.

Luna
November 21st, 2011, 11:36 AM
I agree.

Numbers wise I'm sure we don't have enough people for two big games so there'll be some overlap. I think I could just about participate in two games at once... but it would definitely tax my mind :) At the end of the day some might say there are meta-game implications (like figuring out person 'x' in game 1 is person 'x' in game 2 because they post at the same time) but I don't think there's anything that actually affects gameplay.

Thing is, two concurrent FM games probably aren't needed. What we need is for each FM to start *immediately* after the last one concludes; it's not difficult to have signups while the current game is playing, and hosts should have their stuff prepared. I know some extraordinary work has gone into these FMs (I really enjoyed FalseTruth/Illidan making the Forum Mafia VII music videos for Youtube) but I'm fairly certain I could get most of the prep done in a single free evening.

I think the Mafia Mutations subforum is underused, I think a smaller FM experiment that runs alongside the main FM is appropriate. These can be some riskier gametypes being tested with a smaller audience, and can include the current FM hosts and people that didn't make the main signup. I think it would be really cool if there was a small game being played alongside the current FM which actually impacted the main game in some way (i.e. a game set in a neighbouring city: 2 mafia, 1 sheriff, 3 citizens, a doctor and a lighthouse keeper - if the lighthouse keeper dies all day chat in the next main FM day is anonymous, if the doc survives at the end he can choose 1 person in the main game to heal for 1 night, etc.). This kind of idea will add a strain onto the FM host obviously, and will need some thought put into it to make sure it can't break the main game... but if any FM host wants to brainstorm ideas it could be intriguing.

Deathfire123
November 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
I agree.

Numbers wise I'm sure we don't have enough people for two big games so there'll be some overlap. I think I could just about participate in two games at once... but it would definitely tax my mind :) At the end of the day some might say there are meta-game implications (like figuring out person 'x' in game 1 is person 'x' in game 2 because they post at the same time) but I don't think there's anything that actually affects gameplay.

Thing is, two concurrent FM games probably aren't needed. What we need is for each FM to start *immediately* after the last one concludes; it's not difficult to have signups while the current game is playing, and hosts should have their stuff prepared. I know some extraordinary work has gone into these FMs (I really enjoyed FalseTruth/Illidan making the Forum Mafia VII music videos for Youtube) but I'm fairly certain I could get most of the prep done in a single free evening.

I think the Mafia Mutations subforum is underused, I think a smaller FM experiment that runs alongside the main FM is appropriate. These can be some riskier gametypes being tested with a smaller audience, and can include the current FM hosts and people that didn't make the main signup. I think it would be really cool if there was a small game being played alongside the current FM which actually impacted the main game in some way (i.e. a game set in a neighbouring city: 2 mafia, 1 sheriff, 3 citizens, a doctor and a lighthouse keeper - if the lighthouse keeper dies all day chat in the next main FM day is anonymous, if the doc survives at the end he can choose 1 person in the main game to heal for 1 night, etc.). This kind of idea will add a strain onto the FM host obviously, and will need some thought put into it to make sure it can't break the main game... but if any FM host wants to brainstorm ideas it could be intriguing.

This idea is cool but impractical.

Luna
November 21st, 2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah it'd have to be limited in scope if there was to be any correlation, but there might be a host that could find use for something like that instead of a random event (imagine if the Beast had been drawing closer in relation to the events of the mafia mutation game for example). Really this part of the idea was just conjecturing for fun, no one from the main game could play in it and who knows how many people are desperate to play but get cut from the main game?

The main thrust of my point is that two big full FM games side-by-side would be great, but could get confusing. We need to do some small Mafia mutation games - maybe a game that the first six or seven dead people get to play.