PDA

View Full Version : The most stressed I've ever been

Mathmatical
December 8th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Today I got terrible news.My EDU visa in Thailand was removed because I quit one school to go to another. The Thai government was going to deport me. my father was working on the company and didn't have time to research this. so he asked me to do it saying if i couldn't come up with anything i would have to stay in america being separated from my family. i thought to myself "how is a 16 year old going to find a loophole in the visa laws." I researched for a wile thinking i was never going to find a solution in 4 days. until i finally found a way to get a visa. a class O non-immigrant visa. the rules state that if you have family that works or study in Thailand you may stay for 30 days. well 30 days wasn't enough. i can't go back and forth leaving the county every month. Then i found my answer. I could extend the visa through my Fathers Work permit. When my father said this could work i was relived knowing i wouldn't be deported.

thanks for reading
-Caleb (my real name)

Frog
December 8th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Today I got terrible news.My EDU visa in Thailand was removed because I quit one school to go to another. The Thai government was going to deport me. my father was working on the company and didn't have time to research this. so he asked me to do it saying if i couldn't come up with anything i would have to stay in america being separated from my family. i thought to myself "how is a 16 year old going to find a loophole in the visa laws." I researched for a wile thinking i was never going to find a solution in 4 days. until i finally found a way to get a visa. a class O non-immigrant visa. the rules state that if you have family that works or study in Thailand you may stay for 30 days. well 30 days wasn't enough. i can't go back and forth leaving the county every month. Then i found my answer. I could extend the visa through my Fathers Work permit. When my father said this could work i was relived knowing i wouldn't be deported.

thanks for reading
-Caleb (my real name)

Haha, glad you're relieved Caleb.

I'm assuming you're over in Bangkok? It's actually VERY common to take a quick monthly bus trip over to Poipet to get your Visa renewed. I've done this a couple times.

In fact, it's pretty common all over SE asia. Plenty of westerner eco-tourist workers don't have worker visas, so they just take a couple of days off each month for a monthly Visa run. It's just a common practice because it's cheaper for employers.

Tell Khao San Road I say hello!

Mathmatical
December 8th, 2015, 08:38 AM
i actually live in Phuket and thank you.

Frog
December 8th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Ah sweet man. You ever go to Railay?

Mathmatical
December 8th, 2015, 09:06 AM
nope. to be honest we haven't gone out much. my dad has been busy with his company. and I'm learning how to write software so its been a little busy lately. I've been to a few temples and to central festival. places everyone goes

Orpz
December 8th, 2015, 11:03 AM
shit man theres a thai restaurant in my city called Phuket Thai. Your citys foods are delicious

Frog
December 8th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Yeah Thai food is awesome.

Railay beach is closer to you - it's a fun secluded backpackers beach just south of you. Can only get there by boat.

If I were you I'd rent a room over at Koh Phi Phi every weekend. It's literally an hour boat ride away from you, and those tourist backpackers are only looking for fun.

----

And if you need to get a visa extension, just spend a weekend over in the Perhentian Islands in Malaysia across the border. Long Beach is the fun place over there.

Helz
December 9th, 2015, 08:01 AM

thanks for reading
-Caleb (my real name)

This is badass bro. This kind of pro-active action can take you very far in life. A lot of people would have just folded and said "life is unfair." You never know what you are really capable of until you start refusing to take no for an answer to this kind of issue. There is always a way if you are dedicated enough.

Yukitaka Oni
December 9th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Life is suck.....now I better get some vodka and reading Mafia game

Yukitaka Oni
December 9th, 2015, 10:49 AM
at least he's still better than me. Good luck man

Mathmatical
January 2nd, 2016, 10:19 PM
Sorry i haven't been posting much i have been busy........rely busy

FYRE
January 2nd, 2016, 10:28 PM
Really liked this dude, keep up the good work! Quality content!