PDA

View Full Version : Calix

SuperJack
December 4th, 2015, 02:57 PM
WHERE ARE THOU LIVE?

Calix
December 4th, 2015, 03:05 PM
If you're referring to my location, then I can confirm that we live in the same country.

Brendan
December 4th, 2015, 03:14 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yukitaka Oni
December 4th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Look at Calix location.....I see Calix having a tea with SuperJack and start worship the Queen v(o.o(<

Calix
December 4th, 2015, 03:20 PM
I can also divulge that tea sounds just splendid. Earl Grey, please.

SuperJack
December 4th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I'm a Northerner, Lancashire, working class. I drink PG Tips or Tetley.

Yukitaka Oni
December 4th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Russia tea v)o.o)>U

SuperJack
December 4th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Russia tea v)o.o)>U

That is just Vodka in a tea cup right?

Yukitaka Oni
December 4th, 2015, 03:27 PM
That is just Vodka in a tea cup right?
Check google please, we do have Russia tea here v)o.o)>

Orpz
December 5th, 2015, 01:27 AM
I can also divulge that tea sounds just splendid. Earl Grey, please.

amerikkkan here

Earl Grey with Lavander and honey is god-tier

Mikecall
December 5th, 2015, 01:43 AM
All Hail The Queen!

Calix
December 5th, 2015, 04:35 AM
I'm a Northerner, Lancashire, working class. I drink PG Tips or Tetley.

Au contraire, I am a lower-middle class Southerner from Cambridgeshire.

Orpz, despite his American origins, has good taste in tea.

Frog
December 7th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Awesome! You go to Cambridge?

Calix
December 7th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Awesome! You go to Cambridge?

I live around the area, but I've applied and have an interview for Cambridge, yes. If I get the grades required, I will start there next year.

Frog
December 7th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Sweet! Which college? I almost went there, haha, but I opted for the American education instead. :-P

Just a tip, join a football/rugby/(drinking) club.

Suntax
December 7th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Yes if we speaking on location I come from the great naval city of Vladivostok but I did travel a lot been to England great place I went to London,Coventry and manchester lived in Manchester 13 years after leaving the army while in Manchester I studied and got a business and media degree then decided to set up a small stall and just grew to a little shop and it was good but in the end my brother's came over and I gave them the house and shop and they sent me a little bit of money each month in the end they sold off the house and store and came back home early 2013 if anything the greatest thing in your country was your tv unfortunately I have to torrent your great shows such as doctor who here in vladivostok but still it's been good times.

SuperJack
December 7th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Yes if we speaking on location I come from the great naval city of Vladivostok but I did travel a lot been to England great place I went to London,Coventry and manchester lived in Manchester 13 years after leaving the army while in Manchester I studied and got a business and media degree then decided to set up a small stall and just grew to a little shop and it was good but in the end my brother's came over and I gave them the house and shop and they sent me a little bit of money each month in the end they sold off the house and store and came back home early 2013 if anything the greatest thing in your country was your tv unfortunately I have to torrent your great shows such as doctor who here in vladivostok but still it's been good times.

I consider you a whole new level of cool now.

Suntax
December 7th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Many thanks superjack many thanks
your flying tsrdis symbol torments me I need like a revolving bottle of vodka or hammer and sickle on mine and something on yuki along those lines

Orpz
December 7th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I live around the area, but I've applied and have an interview for Cambridge, yes. If I get the grades required, I will start there next year.

Related to Cambridge
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/1449330284-20151205.png

Calix
December 10th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Sweet! Which college? I almost went there, haha, but I opted for the American education instead. :-P

Just a tip, join a football/rugby/(drinking) club.

I applied to Trinity. Where did you go?

Calix
December 10th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Related to Cambridge
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/1449330284-20151205.png

This may or may not be an accurate description of the interview process.

Frog
December 10th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I applied to Trinity. Where did you go?

I went to Vanderbilt University (ranked 15 in the US). I applied to Queens college, got the grades, but Vanderbilt was a great education, significantly warmer, based in the United States, and the social scene (ranked top 20 according to playboy) was more my style.

Calix
December 10th, 2015, 04:34 PM
I went to Vanderbilt University (ranked 15 in the US). I applied to Queens college, got the grades, but Vanderbilt was a great education, significantly warmer, based in the United States, and the social scene was more my style.

What precisely is your social style? And what specifically did you enjoy about the education/ your subject choice there?

Frog
December 10th, 2015, 04:47 PM
What precisely is your social style? And what specifically did you enjoy about the education/ your subject choice there?

I entered studying political science and philosophy, wanting to pursue law and a career in American politics. The alumni organization hooked me up with a great internship in DC where I decided American politics was going to be bullshit and frustrating. I switched over to entrepreneurial and managerial studies and financial economics. Like any other top University, Vanderbilt had top graduate programs in virtually every field, so the flexibility in choosing a program was nice.

The social scene was geared towards fraternities and sororities, the typical American experience. I joined a fraternity where we had large parties every weekend and small parties and events every day. The campus was small enough where I got to know everyone in the social side of the university (roughly half of the students).

What really made me choose had to do with what a friend's dad told me. He had graduated from West Point Military University, a highly respective and competitive university that was rigorous and mostly male. His advice - I was choosing between top programs around the world, go for the one with the highest female:male ratio and enjoy university. Obviously I laughed, but I saw his point. Any of the programs I was choosing between would carry weight and had nice benefits, so the question became choosing the best quality of life.

I had just lived in Belgium for 5 years where, as you're accustomed to, there is hardly any sun and it rains almost year round for at least some part of the day. Despite being in the center of Europe the weather could be quite depressing. Unfortunately I couldn't find top programs in Miami, and I was avoiding university choices in California, so institutions in the Southern United States were it. Between Duke, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt, Vanderbilt was better in every way (amongst schools in the South). I think the school with the worst climate I was considering was Dartmouth which would have been so shitty. I visited there during their finals prep time and there was still snow on the ground. I thought to myself, "fuck this shit, I'm going to warm weather."

One other factor that had me not choose a school in Europe (between LSE and Cambridge), was that my high school friends were also attending those universities, and I saw University as an opportunity to branch out and step outside my comfort zone. Of course, if I wanted to get into American politics, an American university made most sense at the time. I checked out Georgetown School of Foreign Service, but again, the weather and the social scene kind of sucked.

Frog
December 10th, 2015, 04:54 PM
http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2015/08/vanderbilt-has-happiest-students-for-second-year/

FYI :-P

Calix
December 10th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I entered studying political science and philosophy, wanting to pursue law and a career in American politics. The alumni organization hooked me up with a great internship in DC where I decided American politics was going to be bullshit and frustrating. I switched over to entrepreneurial and managerial studies and financial economics. Like any other top University, Vanderbilt had top graduate programs in virtually every field, so the flexibility in choosing a program was nice.

The social scene was geared towards fraternities and sororities, the typical American experience. I joined a fraternity where we had large parties every weekend and small parties and events every day. The campus was small enough where I got to know everyone in the social side of the university (roughly half of the students).

What really made me choose had to do with what a friend's dad told me. He had graduated from West Point Military University, a highly respective and competitive university that was rigorous and mostly male. His advice - I was choosing between top programs around the world, go for the one with the highest female:male ratio and enjoy university. Obviously I laughed, but I saw his point. Any of the programs I was choosing between would carry weight and had nice benefits, so the question became choosing the best quality of life.

I had just lived in Belgium for 5 years where, as you're accustomed to, there is hardly any sun and it rains almost year round for at least some part of the day. Despite being in the center of Europe the weather could be quite depressing. Unfortunately I couldn't find top programs in Miami, and I was avoiding university choices in California, so institutions in the Southern United States were it. Between Duke, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt, Vanderbilt was better in every way (amongst schools in the South). I think the school with the worst climate I was considering was Dartmouth which would have been so shitty. I visited there during their finals prep time and there was still snow on the ground. I thought to myself, "fuck this shit, I'm going to warm weather."

One other factor that had me not choose a school in Europe (between LSE and Cambridge), was that my high school friends were also attending those universities, and I saw University as an opportunity to branch out and step outside my comfort zone. Of course, if I wanted to get into American politics, an American university made most sense at the time. I checked out Georgetown School of Foreign Service, but again, the weather and the social scene kind of sucked.

Politics, eh? You could have been in the GOP line-up :P In any case, what did your new chosen course entail? To me, that course sounds like the thing you'd take to go into HR.

I have indeed heard of Vanderbilt. You must be proud of yourself to have been accepted there. I don't get the impression that you graduated around the time that the article mentions, however.

I have to admit that I haven't given the social aspect of university a lot of thought, although sororities/ fraternities are not anywhere near as popular here. It's not a priority of mine since I'm going to university to improve my financial prospects and reputation (as my parents never attended university). I expect that meeting new people will just happen as a result. My plan was to join the societies that would expand my interests past whatever I had previously studied at sixth form and take it from there. I wasn't even going to apply to Cambridge until recently as I didn't think I would measure up and so most of my backup universities are not anywhere near as prestigious. Cambridge is relatively close to home and I'll be able to see my elderly grandparents again, although I won't be around any of my friends; most of them applied to Oxford.

I take issue with your claim that England isn't sunny. Just today, the sky was a lighter shade of grey than usual! Since I've lived in the United Kingdom for my entire life, I prefer the 'milder' weather. What's Belgium like besides that? I've never been to the United States, but I've traveled to Greece, Spain and Italy. I don't know how anyone stands so much sun.

Frog
December 10th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Politics, eh? You could have been in the GOP line-up :P In any case, what did your new chosen course entail? To me, that course sounds like the thing you'd take to go into HR.

I have indeed heard of Vanderbilt. You must be proud of yourself to have been accepted there. I don't get the impression that you graduated around the time that the article mentions, however.

I have to admit that I haven't given the social aspect of university a lot of thought, although sororities/ fraternities are not anywhere near as popular here. It's not a priority of mine since I'm going to university to improve my financial prospects and reputation (as my parents never attended university). I expect that meeting new people will just happen as a result. My plan was to join the societies that would expand my interests past whatever I had previously studied at sixth form and take it from there. I wasn't even going to apply to Cambridge until recently as I didn't think I would measure up and so most of my backup universities are not anywhere near as prestigious. Cambridge is relatively close to home and I'll be able to see my elderly grandparents again, although I won't be around any of my friends; most of them applied to Oxford.

I take issue with your claim that England isn't sunny. Just today, the sky was a lighter shade of grey than usual! Since I've lived in the United Kingdom for my entire life, I prefer the 'milder' weather. What's Belgium like besides that? I've never been to the United States, but I've traveled to Greece, Spain and Italy. I don't know how anyone stands so much sun.

Various levels of Macro and Micro economics, financial statistics, various levels of accounting and finance, business planning, and various applied courses with options to explore virtually any aspect of businesses. I decided to focus on corporate finance, business planning, and investment analysis. I ended up using everything I learned today. I start, buy, sell and run companies and am actively engaged in a hedgefund.

But yeah, I'm proud of Vanderbilt for sure! To be honest, it was my least likely selection, considering I had never heard of it before receiving my acceptance letter. I was certain I was going to Cambridge, then I started liking the idea of Columbia, finally decided on Vanderbilt. But you're right, I had graduated in 2010. The concept is still the same. Beautiful campus, beautiful weather, beautiful people.

From the stories my Cambridge friends tell me, you'll have a great time. But yeah... sun is GOOD. There's a reason people get depressed in the winter time. Lack of sun = lack of Vitamin D. Belgium is the news a lot these days for bad reasons. When I lived there, it was an awesome place. Families would go out and walk together around the neighborhood on the weekends. Plenty of bike trails, forests, chateaus, etc. There was no need for any cars, you could get everywhere walking or biking. It was a very safe place. The biggest danger was a bad pita after a night out.

Most people treat university like an adult day care. It's definitely the wrong mentality. If you go in with a mindset of a plan of what you want out of it, it can be a very powerful means to your goals.

**Autocorrect...

Klingoncelt
December 11th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't find top programs in Miami, and I was avoiding university choices in California, so institutions in the Southern United States were it. Between Duke, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt, Vanderbilt was better in every way (amongst schools in the South).

Notre Dame is in South Bend, Indiana.

Nowhere near the South.

yzb25
December 12th, 2015, 07:12 AM

Wait, I don't believe you mentioned what you're considering DOING at university! :O

SuperJack
December 12th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Since its England it is not shooting everyone.

Yukitaka Oni
December 12th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Since its England it is not shooting everyone.
You (tea) at everyone instead

Calix
December 12th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Wait, I don't believe you mentioned what you're considering DOING at university! :O

I'm going to study English. I'm an author who has been set on writing as a full-time career for the last few years, so it's the most appropriate degree choice for me.

Various levels of Macro and Micro economics, financial statistics, various levels of accounting and finance, business planning, and various applied courses with options to explore virtually any aspect of businesses. I decided to focus on corporate finance, business planning, and investment analysis. I ended up using everything I learned today. I start, buy, sell and run companies and am actively engaged in a hedgefund. Sounds like a good choice for a degree. Impressive as well, especially when considering the economic situation and how recently you graduated..

But yeah, I'm proud of Vanderbilt for sure! To be honest, it was my least likely selection, considering I had never heard of it before receiving my acceptance letter. I was certain I was going to Cambridge, then I started liking the idea of Columbia, finally decided on Vanderbilt. But you're right, I had graduated in 2010. The concept is still the same. Beautiful campus, beautiful weather, beautiful people.

From the stories my Cambridge friends tell me, you'll have a great time. But yeah... sun is GOOD. There's a reason people get depressed in the winter time. I'm currently at that stage where I have little idea of how well I will take university life in my stride. I don't wish to be someone who holes up in their room all day and doesn't take advantage of the opportunities. I'm certainly paying enough that being unproductive will only work against me. As for the lower moods in winter, I believe that's known as Seasonal Affective Disorder. Lack of sun = lack of Vitamin D. Belgium is the news a lot these days for bad reasons. When I lived there, it was an awesome place. Families would go out and walk together around the neighborhood on the weekends. Plenty of bike trails, forests, chateaus, etc. There was no need for any cars, you could get everywhere walking or biking. It was a very safe place. The biggest danger was a bad pita after a night out. That sounds fantastic for hiking. Where I live, it's very flat. While it means you have a fantastic skyline as a backdrop for taking photographs, it's not particularly strenuous to walk through. Makes me wish I could live closer to the Peak District sometimes.

Most people treat university like an adult day care. It's definitely the wrong mentality. If you go in with a mindset of a plan of what you want out of it, it can be a very powerful means to your goals. Agreed 100%. When people expect to have their worldviews and emotions catered to, they're rejecting the purpose of attending university in the first place. I know a not-insignificant number of students who are attending university because they don't know what else to do or because they feel obligated to go. It surprises me how many people haven't planned out what their end goal is before they jump straight into higher education. Then again, I'm a bit of an oddity in the sense that I've remained focused on the career that I've wanted since I was a child. That doesn't usually happen.

**Autocorrect...

Frog
December 14th, 2015, 09:35 AM

Nowhere near the South.

Lol, I just grouped it all together. At that point WashU may as well be in the mix.

DarknessB
December 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM

Nowhere near the South.

Heh, for Northerners, the South is anything outside of New England or the mid-Atlantic that isn't bordering Canada, with a few exceptions of course (no one is claiming South Dakota is in the South). There's a bit of a cultural aspect as well in terms of more urban areas vs. more rural ones.

Shenmue
December 14th, 2015, 01:16 PM
On the flipside, a lot of the hicks around here in my state don't consider a state to be truly southern if they weren't part of the Confederacy. :-P

Not that everyone in Texas is a hick, but for anyone who visits, you're definitely bound to run into some "good ol' boys"

yzb25
December 14th, 2015, 01:46 PM
I'm going to study English. I'm an author who has been set on writing as a full-time career for the last few years, so it's the most appropriate degree choice for me.

That's funny, because I considered writing for a while before going for maths in the end instead. I'm doing A2s myself!

Have you written any stories? Would you mind sharing?

Frog
December 14th, 2015, 02:06 PM
One of my favorite short stories:

The first thing the baby did wrong was to tear pages out of her books. So we made a rule that each time she tore a page out of a book she had to stay alone in her room for four hours, behind the closed door. She was tearing out about a page a day, in the beginning, and the rule worked fairly well, although the crying and screaming from behind the closed door were unnerving. We reasoned that that was the price you had to pay, or part of the price you had to pay. But then as her grip improved she got to tearing out two pages at a time, which meant eight hours alone in her room, behind the closed door, which just doubled the annoyance for everybody. But she wouldn't quit doing it. And then as time went on we began getting days when she tore out three or four pages, which put her alone in her room for as much as sixteen hours at a stretch, interfering with normal feeding and worrying my wife. But I felt that if you made a rule you had to stick to it, had to be consistent, otherwise they get the wrong idea. She was about fourteen months old or fifteen months old at that point. Often, of course, she'd go to sleep, after an hour or so of yelling, that was a mercy. Her room was very nice, with a nice wooden rocking horse and practically a hundred dolls and stuffed animals. Lots of things to do in that room if you used your time wisely, puzzles and things. Unfortunately sometimes when we opened the door we'd find that she'd torn more pages out of more books while she was inside, and these pages had to be added to the total, in fairness.

The baby's name was Born Dancin'. We gave the baby some of our wine, red, whites and blue, and spoke seriously to her. But it didn't do any good.

I must say she got real clever. You'd come up to her where she was playing on the floor, in those rare times when she was out of her room, and there'd be a book there, open beside her, and you'd inspect it and it would look perfectly all right. And then you'd look closely and you'd find a page that had one little corner torn, could easily pass for ordinary wear-and-tear but I knew what she'd done, she'd torn off this little corner and swallowed it. So that had to count and it did. They will go to any lengths to thwart you. My wife said that maybe we were being too rigid and that the baby was losing weight. But I pointed out to her that the baby had a long life to live and had to live in a world with others, had to live in a world where there were many, many rules, and if you couldn't learn to play by the rules you were going to be left out in the cold with no character, shunned and ostracized by everyone. The longest we ever kept her in her room consecutive was eighty-eight hours, and that ended when my wife took the door off its hinges with a crowbar even though the baby still owed us twelve hours because she was working off twenty five pages. I put the door back on its hinges and added a big lock, one that opened only if you put a magnetic card in a slot, and I kept the card.

But things didn't improve. The baby would come out of her room like a bat out of hell and rush to the nearest book, Goodnight Moon or whatever, and begin tearing pages out of it hand over fist. I mean there'd be thirty-four pages of Goodnight Moon on the floor in ten seconds. Plus the covers. I began to get a little worried. When I added up her indebtedness, in terms of hours, I could see that she wasn't going to get out of her room until 1992, if then. Also, she was looking pretty wan. She hadn't been to the park in weeks. We had more or less of an ethical crisis on our hands.

I solved it by declaring that it was all right to tear pages out of books, and moreover, that it was all right to have torn pages out of books in the past. That is one of the satisfying things about being a parent-you've got a lot of moves, each one good as gold. The baby and I sit happily on the floor, side by side, tearing pages out of books, and sometimes, just for fun, we go out on the street and smash a windshield together.

yzb25
December 14th, 2015, 02:11 PM
One of my favorite short stories:

The first thing the baby did wrong was to tear pages out of her books. So we made a rule that each time she tore a page out of a book she had to stay alone in her room for four hours, behind the closed door. She was tearing out about a page a day, in the beginning, and the rule worked fairly well, although the crying and screaming from behind the closed door were unnerving. We reasoned that that was the price you had to pay, or part of the price you had to pay. But then as her grip improved she got to tearing out two pages at a time, which meant eight hours alone in her room, behind the closed door, which just doubled the annoyance for everybody. But she wouldn't quit doing it. And then as time went on we began getting days when she tore out three or four pages, which put her alone in her room for as much as sixteen hours at a stretch, interfering with normal feeding and worrying my wife. But I felt that if you made a rule you had to stick to it, had to be consistent, otherwise they get the wrong idea. She was about fourteen months old or fifteen months old at that point. Often, of course, she'd go to sleep, after an hour or so of yelling, that was a mercy. Her room was very nice, with a nice wooden rocking horse and practically a hundred dolls and stuffed animals. Lots of things to do in that room if you used your time wisely, puzzles and things. Unfortunately sometimes when we opened the door we'd find that she'd torn more pages out of more books while she was inside, and these pages had to be added to the total, in fairness.

The baby's name was Born Dancin'. We gave the baby some of our wine, red, whites and blue, and spoke seriously to her. But it didn't do any good.

I must say she got real clever. You'd come up to her where she was playing on the floor, in those rare times when she was out of her room, and there'd be a book there, open beside her, and you'd inspect it and it would look perfectly all right. And then you'd look closely and you'd find a page that had one little corner torn, could easily pass for ordinary wear-and-tear but I knew what she'd done, she'd torn off this little corner and swallowed it. So that had to count and it did. They will go to any lengths to thwart you. My wife said that maybe we were being too rigid and that the baby was losing weight. But I pointed out to her that the baby had a long life to live and had to live in a world with others, had to live in a world where there were many, many rules, and if you couldn't learn to play by the rules you were going to be left out in the cold with no character, shunned and ostracized by everyone. The longest we ever kept her in her room consecutive was eighty-eight hours, and that ended when my wife took the door off its hinges with a crowbar even though the baby still owed us twelve hours because she was working off twenty five pages. I put the door back on its hinges and added a big lock, one that opened only if you put a magnetic card in a slot, and I kept the card.

But things didn't improve. The baby would come out of her room like a bat out of hell and rush to the nearest book, Goodnight Moon or whatever, and begin tearing pages out of it hand over fist. I mean there'd be thirty-four pages of Goodnight Moon on the floor in ten seconds. Plus the covers. I began to get a little worried. When I added up her indebtedness, in terms of hours, I could see that she wasn't going to get out of her room until 1992, if then. Also, she was looking pretty wan. She hadn't been to the park in weeks. We had more or less of an ethical crisis on our hands.

I solved it by declaring that it was all right to tear pages out of books, and moreover, that it was all right to have torn pages out of books in the past. That is one of the satisfying things about being a parent-you've got a lot of moves, each one good as gold. The baby and I sit happily on the floor, side by side, tearing pages out of books, and sometimes, just for fun, we go out on the street and smash a windshield together.

Where did you find that? Cool, but not fond of the narrative style. (guess it fits though)

Frog
December 14th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Where did you find that? Cool, but not fond of the narrative style. (guess it fits though)

I read it back in high school. "The Baby". Other than finding it hilarious, I thought it was well constructed.

I found I could never devote time to write anything longer than a short story. Constructing anything longer seemed to either lose meaning or take too much time. So I preferred short stories instead.

Here's another example of a short story with good construction (although far less funny):
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/l/lawrence/dh/l41o/

yzb25
December 14th, 2015, 02:20 PM
I read it back in high school. "The Baby". Other than finding it hilarious, I thought it was well constructed.

I found I could never devote time to write anything longer than a short story. Constructing anything longer seemed to either lose meaning or take too much time. So I preferred short stories instead.

Here's another example of a short story with good construction (although far less funny):
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/l/lawrence/dh/l41o/

Short story preference? Interesting. What's your limit then? 100 pages?

Most people who are into stories seem to like long stories or entire book series lol. I like a solid, medium 200/500 page story.

Frog
December 14th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Short story preference? Interesting. What's your limit then? 100 pages?

Most people who are into stories seem to like long stories or entire book series lol. I like a solid, medium 200/500 page story.

Up to 10 pages I guess. It makes each word, each paragraph have a meaning. It keeps the symbols and themes very tight and focused.

**---

Don't get me wrong, I read everything. For writing, my preference is short stories.

For reading, I prefer comedic stories. There's enough depressing shit going on - I'd rather not fill my down time with sad stories.

yzb25
December 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Up to 10 pages I guess. It makes each word, each paragraph have a meaning. It keeps the symbols and themes very tight and focused.

Yeah, and the most memorable stories do tend to be short stories.

However, I feel like more pages allows for simply more shit, even if it is more diffused.

yzb25
December 14th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, I read everything. For writing, my preference is short stories.

For reading, I prefer comedic stories. There's enough depressing shit going on - I'd rather not fill my down time with sad stories.

jajaja I get that you don't only read 10 page stories dw xD

Yeah, a 200 page sad book must be a fucking TREK. Sad moments last like half-hours or more.

SuperJack
December 14th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Someone told me there is a story where butts are fighting for their rights or some shit and want to be on top of the body

Klingoncelt
December 14th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Heh, for Northerners, the South is anything outside of New England or the mid-Atlantic that isn't bordering Canada, with a few exceptions of course (no one is claiming South Dakota is in the South). There's a bit of a cultural aspect as well in terms of more urban areas vs. more rural ones.

The South is anyplace south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Mississippi.

Orpz
December 14th, 2015, 10:34 PM
That's funny, because I considered writing for a while before going for maths in the end instead. I'm doing A2s myself!

Have you written any stories? Would you mind sharing?

yzb, are you a math major?

yzb25
December 15th, 2015, 12:39 PM
yzb, are you a math major?

Nah, I'm just a poser. I'm doing my second year of A level further maths. I'm doing math for uni though so get back to me in liek <4 years :3

I honestly only really started liking it when I started A levels (age 16-17). The subject got a lot better at A-level and I was inspired by a really cool maths teacher.

Orpz
December 18th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Nah, I'm just a poser. I'm doing my second year of A level further maths. I'm doing math for uni though so get back to me in liek <4 years :3

I honestly only really started liking it when I started A levels (age 16-17). The subject got a lot better at A-level and I was inspired by a really cool maths teacher.

I'm not familiar with what you mean by A levels but if you're liking the subject now, I'm gonna guess you're a little bit past calculus ;)

yzb25
December 26th, 2015, 03:51 AM
I'm not familiar with what you mean by A levels but if you're liking the subject now, I'm gonna guess you're a little bit past calculus ;)

Mah boy knows where it's AT. :D

Though, one does not simply pass calculus :3