PDA

View Full Version : Role in Profile

Deathfire123
November 12th, 2011, 03:55 PM
This should not be allowed to be changed in Forum Mafia when we get new accounts.

philie
November 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM
why not? first, those are Epicmafia roles, second you cant believe everything you read. I don't see how it will have any impact at all.

Auckmid
November 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
why not? first, those are Epicmafia roles, second you cant believe everything you read. I don't see how it will have any impact at all.
What if a person who was cleaned decides to reveal his role on his profile? It's easier to make a rule with no exceptions, instead of saying "It's allowed in all situations other then...".

Ash
November 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM

Majority of epicmafia roles are in mafia.

philie
November 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM
if they wanted to leak the shit, they would. No matter the option, they'd go leak it in gen discussion or skype or from main account. lets just forbid everything.

Ash
November 12th, 2011, 06:11 PM
jester puts consigliere = gets lynched = winning = epic scenario

i think in FM they should hide the "Users browsing this thread: name name name" cuz it gives lurkers a disadvantage.

Deathfire123
November 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM
if they wanted to leak the shit, they would. No matter the option, they'd go leak it in gen discussion or skype or from main account. lets just forbid everything.

People are still afraid of repercussions. Simply changing your role is easy to change and hard to track. So no one could punish them if a mod doesn't find out

Ganondorf
November 12th, 2011, 06:33 PM
There is no bodyguard option... My life is ruined...

Rumpel1408
November 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM
easiest way to leak you role is to simply tell it. what do you say, someone could lie? oh yes thats a problem...

Dimwit
November 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I know I'm not exactly experienced with with Forum Mafia (yet) but the only way of knowing whether or not someone is telling the truth in their profile role in relation to their FM role is if the person dies or confirms it themselves, and even then, there's no absolute answer to the question until the game ends or they get Lynched.

It's no different than someone saying, "hey I'm doc, kill me! I hate this role" while playing vet in an SC2 game. It's just an unverified claim, got some salt?

Deathfire123
November 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
got some salt?

It seems as though I need a grain of it.

Dimwit
November 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM
It seems as though I need a grain of it.

I would suggest a couple handfuls in Mafia. :) <--- Smiley face for friendly banter.

Deathfire123
November 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I would suggest a couple handfuls in Mafia. :) <--- Smiley face for friendly banter.

I wish you luck in Forum Mafia, I'm certain you will do well as long as you keep a level head and read over your post several times before you post it to make sure you don't say anything that will draw too much attention to you, something that I need to learn.